PDA

View Full Version : Predict the score Steelers vs Pats*

feltdizz
12-12-2017, 11:13 AM
I think it's going to be a low scoring affair and not the high score a lot of people predict.

probably 21 to 17 or 17 to 13.

I think both teams are going to try and grind out the clock to keep the other offense off the field. I think we will see 14 play drives that end in FG's for both teams a few times.

my prediction
Steelers 24
Pats 16

RuthlessBurgher
12-12-2017, 12:35 PM
Ben and Brady each throw 3 TD passes (Ben to AB, Juju, and Xavier Grimble...Brady to Gronk, Cooks, and James White).

New England also gets 3 FG's from Gostkowski, while we get 2 FG's from Boswell...and a rushing TD from Le'Veon Bell.

PIT 34, NE 30.

Eich
12-12-2017, 01:43 PM
I think it's going to be a low scoring affair and not the high score a lot of people predict.

probably 21 to 17 or 17 to 13.

I think both teams are going to try and grind out the clock to keep the other offense off the field. I think we will see 14 play drives that end in FG's for both teams a few times.

my prediction
Steelers 24
Pats 16

I will be SHOCKED to my core if the cheaters score less than 20. I just don't fathom that possibility against our D.

Eich
12-12-2017, 01:51 PM
I'll say Steelers 35, Cheaters 31.

Oviedo
12-12-2017, 01:53 PM
Steelers 34 Bad Guys 24

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-12-2017, 02:42 PM
Steelers 51, **s 50

The Man of Steel
12-12-2017, 04:00 PM
Steelers 44 Patriots 42. Ben throws for over 500 yards again and Boswell kicks 3 field goals, the last one as time expires.

fordfixer
12-12-2017, 07:50 PM
Our D comes out pissed and takes over the game. the *'s O can't get out of it's own way.

Steelers 2 *'s 0

SidSmythe
12-12-2017, 07:55 PM
I Believe we get pressure on BRADY often and early and confuse him with different coverages.
BEN - BROWN - BELL and BOZ will be unstoppable and put up points well into the 30s.
PATS move the ball between the 20's but don't covert in the Red Zone and are held to the mid to high 20s.

squidkid
12-12-2017, 09:27 PM
pats 27
steelers 24

Shoe
12-12-2017, 10:48 PM
pats 27
steelers 24

I'm with you, but I'm thinking 27-21 Steelers. I must be straight stupid, because I've been duped yet again. Going all the way back to the AFCC game in like '00, when we were like 13-3 with the Bus and they had a bunch of nobodies, came into Heinz Field and beat us down. I've watched the more talented team (us) consistently (not only lose but) get throttled.

Yet I feel pretty confident again. I must be stupid.

feltdizz
12-13-2017, 12:04 PM
Our D comes out pissed and takes over the game. the *'s O can't get out of it's own way.

Steelers 2 *'s 0
I always laugh and smh at this but my HS team won a WPIAL championship this year at Heinz field 2-0 in a sloppy wet game.

Right after the safety I predicted the final score would stay 2-0. First game in WPIAL championship history with that final score.

feltdizz
12-13-2017, 12:09 PM
I'm with you, but I'm thinking 27-21 Steelers. I must be straight stupid, because I've been duped yet again. Going all the way back to the AFCC game in like '00, when we were like 13-3 with the Bus and they had a bunch of nobodies, came into Heinz Field and beat us down. I've watched the more talented team (us) consistently (not only lose but) get throttled.

*Stands in line with you.

Ive said all year this is going to be an L but once again I can’t bring myself to do it. These last few weeks have convinced me or maybe fooled me into believing we can slay the beast this year.

Im also confident guys like JuJu and Watt and Jesse James will be the difference.

One other thing. I’m actually kind of happy we are playing without Haden just in case we see them again. I would prefer to have a wrinkle or 2 in he playoffs and a shut down corner could be the difference.

Slapstick
12-13-2017, 12:21 PM

It was the 2001 season (Jan 2002 AFCC)...

We lost by a TD (24-17) and they got busted for cheating (well after the fact) during that season...so, I have no doubt that they cheated against us as well...

feltdizz
12-13-2017, 12:57 PM
It was the 2001 season (Jan 2002 AFCC)...

We lost by a TD (24-17) and they got busted for cheating (well after the fact) during that season...so, I have no doubt that they cheated against us as well...

they always shot the gap on short yardage plays.

and didn't they have one of our former LB's that we let go? Vrabel looked like a world beater for them. I wonder how he would look if he didn't have a cheat sheet.

RuthlessBurgher
12-13-2017, 01:06 PM
Vrabel had two really good seasons (9.5 sacks in 2003 and 12.5 sacks in 2007), but other than that, he was good for a Clark Haggans like 4 or 5 sacks per season (Clark himself had a 9 sack season in 2005).

He was a smart, versatile player though, and appears to be a rising star in the coaching ranks.

I predict he gets a shot to be a head coach for the first time this offseason as teams are in search of the next Sean McVay type of hire (but in this case, a defensive version).

K Train
12-13-2017, 01:23 PM
pats -2.5 a bargain i think...the steelers may win this game, but i have my doubts.

Could be a last possession game (again)

fordfixer
12-13-2017, 03:36 PM
I always laugh and smh at this but my HS team won a WPIAL championship this year at Heinz field 2-0 in a sloppy wet game.

Right after the safety I predicted the final score would stay 2-0. First game in WPIAL championship history with that final score.
I knew that score would happen at Heinz Field have been calling it for awhile now just the wrong team I guess :D

Eich
12-13-2017, 04:45 PM
Ive said all year this is going to be an L but once again I can’t bring myself to do it. These last few weeks have convinced me or maybe fooled me into believing we can slay the beast this year.

Like you, I believe we CAN slay the beast. The question is if you think we WILL slay it.

Be honest, if you were forced at gunpoint to bet $5,000 on the winner of this game, which team would you choose as the winner?

RuthlessBurgher
12-13-2017, 04:51 PM
Like you, I believe we CAN slay the beast. The question is if you think we WILL slay it.

Be honest, if you were forced at gunpoint to bet $5,000 on the winner of this game, which team would you choose as the winner?

I'd bet that the dude with the gun would just steal my 5 grand. ;)

feltdizz
12-13-2017, 05:08 PM

That’s an easy bet. It’s no different than folks who pick the Steelers to lose each week. It’s a win win. If the Steelers lost I would be 5K richer but if he Steelers won.. well, I would be happy they won even tho I would be down 5K.

Shawn
12-13-2017, 06:04 PM
Pats-42 Steelers-34

Starlifter
12-13-2017, 06:34 PM
I pick the Steelers to win every week - which is why I get so frustrated when they play poorly.

I can’t pick against them based on how they’ve been finding ways - but this is the shakiest prediction I’ve had all year.

30-28 steelers

Eich
12-14-2017, 02:33 PM
That’s an easy bet. It’s no different than folks who pick the Steelers to lose each week. It’s a win win. If the Steelers lost I would be 5K richer but if he Steelers won.. well, I would be happy they won even tho I would be down 5K.

Ok - make it a bet that would be hard for you to lose. Whatever that number is (half your retirement fund for example) you're forced to bet that amount on the winner. Who do you choose?

I'm trying to get to deep down who you really think will win. Not who you want or hope will win.

feltdizz
12-14-2017, 03:50 PM
Ok - make it a bet that would be hard for you to lose. Whatever that number is (half your retirement fund for example) you're forced to bet that amount on the winner. Who do you choose?

I'm trying to get to deep down who you really think will win. Not who you want or hope will win.

Oh, I've said all year this is an L on our schedule. I think we have a better chance of winning since we are playing at home and have most of our weapons on offense. However, the defense is what scares me. If we had Haden and Shazier maybe I would say it was 50/50.

squidkid
12-14-2017, 04:07 PM

yup, fool me once, shame on you. fool me 10 times, shame on me

Shoe
12-15-2017, 12:03 AM
yup, fool me once, shame on you. fool me 10 times, shame on me

I guess it really does make me a dummy, because like everyone else here, I seen this song and dance for a decade plus yet I'm looking forward to playing them. As if I don't know what is going to happen!

I also agree that young blood (Juju) can be a spark for us. I also like the idea of having bullets in the chamber (Haden doesn't play), so that I can hang on to some hope for the AFCC (if we lose).

Really, I will be happy if we play a competitive game though. That is where it has gotten for us with them. I'll be pissed FOR SURE, but at least I have hope to hang on to. If we get our **** pushed in again... really, WTF would the point of playing them again. Just forfeit.

feltdizz
12-15-2017, 10:23 AM
I guess it really does make me a dummy, because like everyone else here, I seen this song and dance for a decade plus yet I'm looking forward to playing them. As if I don't know what is going to happen!

I also agree that young blood (Juju) can be a spark for us. I also like the idea of having bullets in the chamber (Haden doesn't play), so that I can hang on to some hope for the AFCC (if we lose).

Really, I will be happy if we play a competitive game though. That is where it has gotten for us with them. I'll be pissed FOR SURE, but at least I have hope to hang on to. If we get our **** pushed in again... really, WTF would the point of playing them again. Just forfeit.
We’re fans so of course we fall for it again every time we get ready to play the Pats.

Thing is, we are usually pretty competitive when we play them at Heinz Field.

..and like you, I think young blood and having Haden if we play them again gives me hope we can slay them if we get a rematch.

Real talk, I would prefer we beat them this time around and they end up facing a team in the wildcard who knocks them out.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-15-2017, 11:14 AM
I wonder what the coaching staff can take from the game film provided by the Dolphins D. Was there anything special that they did that allowed them to generate that pressure, or rattle Brady and cause the 0 for 13 on third downs?

KYPITTFAN
12-15-2017, 11:32 AM
What ever the score is the Red Zone will make the difference . We must make the Pat's 50/50 between TD's and Field goals as they will go up and down the field.
Pitt however will need TD's instead of field goals. I see the Pat's having the better day with total yards because of our back field, but we can win by holding them to 3's.

feltdizz
12-15-2017, 03:25 PM
I wonder what the coaching staff can take from the game film provided by the Dolphins D. Was there anything special that they did that allowed them to generate that pressure, or rattle Brady and cause the 0 for 13 on third downs?

well, they didn't have Gronk so the Phins didn't have to worry about the middle of the field.

Is Hogan playing this year? I haven't heard his name since he burned us last year. He had one catch last week for 1 freaking yard. I swear to goodness if he goes off again I'm going to flip out. Dude hasn't had a game like that since he played us.

RuthlessBurgher
12-15-2017, 03:42 PM
well, they didn't have Gronk so the Phins didn't have to worry about the middle of the field.

Is Hogan playing this year? I haven't heard his name since he burned us last year. He had one catch last week for 1 freaking yard. I swear to goodness if he goes off again I'm going to flip out. Dude hasn't had a game like that since he played us.

Hogan got hurt in late October and last week was his first action since then (so rust plus Brady's worst game this season by far certainly contributed to that most recent stat line).

Prior to that injury he had 60-something or 70-something yards in 6 out of 8 games played, plus he had a stretch of 4 games early this season in which he scored 5 TD's, so he's no slouch. He gives them what Juju gives us.

raycafan
12-16-2017, 12:28 PM
Steelers by 2 scores, numbers don’t matter, 2 scores

squidkid
12-16-2017, 06:41 PM
Steelers by 2 scores, numbers don’t matter, 2 scores

so anywhere from a 2 point to 12 point win

raycafan
12-16-2017, 08:14 PM
so anywhere from a 2 point to 12 point win

No, meaning the Pats would at least two scores to come back, could be 10 or more

flippy
12-17-2017, 10:55 AM
Steelers - 45
Pats - 0