PDA

View Full Version : 8-2 and a relaxing sunday

Steelwolf
11-19-2017, 01:15 PM
Hey all Steelers are 8-2 and a stress free Sunday is in effect ! I already put the outside Christmas gear up as family is coming to town and deer season in Ohio is fast approaching.

What games you all watching today? For me the browns and jags are on and I'll watch I'm going to go bold and say the browns get their first win lol!

RuthlessBurgher
11-19-2017, 02:25 PM
My local games in the early slot are Washington at New Orleans and Kansas City at NY Giants, so I'm just watching the Red Zone Channel until my daughter's concert later this afternoon.

Steelwolf
11-19-2017, 02:33 PM
My local games in the early slot are Washington at New Orleans and Kansas City at NY Giants, so I'm just watching the Red Zone Channel until my daughter's concert later this afternoon.

Well browns being the browns, would love to see the giants pick up a win as well!

squidkid
11-19-2017, 03:54 PM
im sick as a dog so no stress and no yelling today will do me good

AzStillers1989
11-19-2017, 04:22 PM
Watching the Cardinals vs. Texans on one tv and the Ravens vs. Packers on the other tv.

Ravens defense is completely dominating the packers O.

Oviedo
11-19-2017, 05:28 PM
Well browns being the browns, would love to see the giants pick up a win as well!

Well you got your wish. Giants just beat KC in OT

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-19-2017, 05:45 PM

It'd be nice if Oakland got their act together and beat the **s as well ...

pittpete
11-19-2017, 06:53 PM
Pats up 17-0..
Don't see the Pats losing:mad:

Steelwolf
11-19-2017, 07:27 PM
That is awesome, I had the packers beating the birds but....negative on that lol

Starlifter
11-19-2017, 08:19 PM
Remember in sept how many were so quick to say the pats are finished? We will need a mistake free game and superior coaching to get past them.

Steelwolf
11-19-2017, 08:53 PM
Remember in sept how many were so quick to say the pats are finished? We will need a mistake free game and superior coaching to get past them.

My thinking is history repeats itself as it did in 04'-05'as they lost to pats in afc championship and beat them the next year. This year we are getting more pressure on the qbs. I still think we need to see more production out of our TE's but again they are blocking A lot

RuthlessBurgher
11-19-2017, 09:23 PM
My thinking is history repeats itself as it did in 04'-05'as they lost to pats in afc championship and beat them the next year. This year we are getting more pressure on the qbs. I still think we need to see more production out of our TE's but again they are blocking A lot

We didn't play NE in the 05-06 playoffs that next year. We played Cincy, Indy, and Denver before playing Seattle in the SB.

Steelwolf
11-19-2017, 09:36 PM
We didn't play NE in the 05-06 playoffs that next year. We played Cincy, Indy, and Denver before playing Seattle in the SB.

Damn you are correct, for some reason i thought they played that pats but looking back they lost to the Broncos

Steelwolf
11-19-2017, 09:37 PM
Maybe the pats won't make it to the championship game and then history will repeat lol. This is our year!

Shoe
11-19-2017, 11:17 PM
Maybe the pats won't make it to the championship game and then history will repeat lol. This is our year!

Most of us feel the same way. Ideally, KC gets a #3 seed because they (Andy Reid) aren't afraid of the Cheats.

I still am optimistic in any case though. One curious thing I was thinking about today, is how this team hasn't really shown much in terms of responding to adversity. It has been quite a business-like 8-2. Lots of drama post-game, but there aren't many/any signature moments or comebacks that I can't think of yet this year. Hopefully, we'll make one against the Cheats 12/17.

Slapstick
11-20-2017, 06:30 AM
Weren’t the Steelers down by 14 on the road just a week ago? And they won?

Ernie
11-20-2017, 07:39 AM
In my mind, it all comes back to playoff seeding. The PATS have overcome their early season problems, and are back to "Business as usual". I have stated this all off season, and maintain that we need them at our place in the playoffs to have a legitimate shot. There is very little room for error down the stretch in terms of the #1 seed. We can possibly lose 1 more game and still get it (provided that loss isn't against NE).

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-20-2017, 09:28 AM
In my mind, it all comes back to playoff seeding. The PATS have overcome their early season problems, and are back to "Business as usual". I have stated this all off season, and maintain that we need them at our place in the playoffs to have a legitimate shot. There is very little room for error down the stretch in terms of the #1 seed. We can possibly lose 1 more game and still get it (provided that loss isn't against NE).

Not that it matters, but I'm thinking we have to win out, because if we don't the **s will.

RuthlessBurgher
11-20-2017, 11:08 AM
Not that it matters, but I'm thinking we have to win out, because if we don't the **s will.

He said that we can lose one more game as long as that loss isn't to NE. If we hand NE their third loss, and thereby get the head-to-head tiebreaker against them, we can afford to lose another game and still remain the top seed.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-20-2017, 11:14 AM
He said that we can lose one more game as long as that loss isn't to NE. If we hand NE their third loss, and thereby get the head-to-head tiebreaker against them, we can afford to lose another game and still remain the top seed.
Yes, I am agreeing with what Ernie said.

I'm just saying I think we need to win out, not just make sure we beat the **s in Pgh, because it looks like the **s are playing well enough to beat all the other teams they're playing. If we win against them in the regular season, but lose some of the other games, we could still wind up playing in Foxboro.

Steel Maniac
11-20-2017, 01:28 PM
We are in a good spot. But I've got to bring up the question of weather we play down to these lesser teams. For example, there is no reason to lose to Green Bay this Sunday or for us to let Green Bay hang around in this game by the beginning of the 4th quarter. None.

feltdizz
11-20-2017, 02:02 PM
We are in a good spot. But I've got to bring up the question of weather we play down to these lesser teams. For example, there is no reason to lose to Green Bay this Sunday or for us to let Green Bay hang around in this game by the beginning of the 4th quarter. None.
Oh. I can definitely see a few teams hanging around.

Jags barely beat Cleveland. It was 14 to 6 with a minute left before their D scored to seal the win.

KC just lost to the Giants.

I definitely expect a close win or 2 because we are who we are and the NFL has tons of parity this year.

Ernie
11-20-2017, 06:33 PM
Oh. I can definitely see a few teams hanging around.

Jags barely beat Cleveland. It was 14 to 6 with a minute left before their D scored to seal the win.

KC just lost to the Giants.

I definitely expect a close win or 2 because we are who we are and the NFL has tons of parity this year.

exactly right....

Starlifter
11-20-2017, 07:09 PM
There is a lot of season left and anything can happen. we'll know for sure end of december........

Steelwolf
11-20-2017, 07:23 PM
Yessir going to be a crazy ride!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-20-2017, 07:32 PM
Gilbert out won't help ...

flippy
11-21-2017, 08:23 AM
It was great watching football this weekend not having to stress over the Steelers. But I also felt a little let down come Sunday afternoon.

Oh, well. The silver lining - I could watch the NA in peace not worrying about who was gonna sit, stand, kneel...boy does that sound like Church. Man, it's like Gooddell is the Pope and Brady, Bellichick, and Kraft are the Trinity. Take the analogy a step further and Tomlin is like Pontius Pilot taking Brady to his death in the AFCC and the Steelers are Romans that are gonna hang a couple Eagles on the crosses next to Brady as we win the SuperBowl.

In 3 years, Tom Brady will return to win a SuperBowl again after Ben retires and we win the next 3.

SuperBowl or Bust!!!!!! The stars are aligning and it all makes sense. Thank you for helping us see the light President Trump....

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-21-2017, 10:05 AM
I don't want to be Pontius Pilate and Romans. Can we be the good guys please :D?

feltdizz
11-21-2017, 10:15 AM
It was great watching football this weekend not having to stress over the Steelers. But I also felt a little let down come Sunday afternoon.

Oh, well. The silver lining - I could watch the NA in peace not worrying about who was gonna sit, stand, kneel...boy does that sound like Church. Man, it's like Gooddell is the Pope and Brady, Bellichick, and Kraft are the Trinity. Take the analogy a step further and Tomlin is like Pontius Pilot taking Brady to his death in the AFCC and the Steelers are Romans that are gonna hang a couple Eagles on the crosses next to Brady as we win the SuperBowl.

In 3 years, Tom Brady will return to win a SuperBowl again after Ben retires and we win the next 3.

SuperBowl or Bust!!!!!! The stars are aligning and it all makes sense. Thank you for helping us see the light President Trump....

uhh. Trump tweeted about Marshawn Lynch not standing in Mexico.

the saga continues

AzStillers1989
11-21-2017, 10:16 AM
I don't want to be Pontius Pilate and Romans. Can we be the good guys please :D?
The 'Good Guys - Bad Guys' is relative to what side you're on. So, no matter what, we are the good guys haha.

Slapstick
11-21-2017, 10:35 AM

We have them at home and in prime time. If we were on the road, I would agree...