PDA

View Full Version : OT: 80 yr Old DL Defense

NorthCoast
10-16-2017, 09:44 PM
Dick LeBeau's defense looking as old as he is against the Colts tonight. Last in the league in scoring defense.

PIT - #4 in scoring defense; #1 in passing yds/gm (OK, yea, Steelers suck against the run).

Cinnjerm3000
10-16-2017, 09:51 PM
Don't forget #3 in total defense as well.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-16-2017, 10:15 PM
Don't forget #3 in total defense as well.

Really? Wow, holy cow.

It's facts like that that makes statistics so dangerous. It sure doesn't feel like we're third best defense overall, at least to me.

Oviedo
10-17-2017, 04:34 AM
Really? Wow, holy cow.

It's facts like that that makes statistics so dangerous. It sure doesn't feel like we're third best defense overall, at least to me.

That's because you don't watch other defenses week in and week out. We aren't bad. There are lots of bad defenses out there. The Titans are terrible. They couldn't stop a one armed paper hanger from putting 20 points on them

Mr.wizard
10-17-2017, 06:30 AM
Our Defense has played really well, we don't give up a lot of points. If our offense can start putting the ball in the endzone its going to make our defense even better.

SidSmythe
10-17-2017, 07:45 AM
So far we've played Kizer, Keenum, a benched QB, Flacco (in a slump), Bortles and Alex Smith w/ a banged up offense.
However the K.C. game was impressive and this defense is a significant upgrade over last year (and they're healthy) they have yet to be tested by a high powered offense.
I'm thinking down the stretch they come together and step up the Run Defense.