PDA

View Full Version : Radio: NFL record for most passes without a TD in a game

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-11-2017, 01:13 PM
Heard this last night driving home:

The NFL record is 59 passes in a game without a TD pass, Kerry Collins in (?) 2005 (he played for Panthers and Giants).

Ben must have come pretty close to that last week, I'd think!

Eich
10-11-2017, 01:20 PM
33 of 55 passes for 312 yards, 5 interceptions and 0 TD's. Epic fail. .

NorthCoast
10-11-2017, 07:47 PM
The Depot is suggesting more than one time in the JAC game was the OL at the root of the QB problems, allowing pressure leading to bad passes or INTs.
What was generally thought to be a strength going into the season is now looking more and more like it is a major weakness. I fear DeCastro is on a long slide toward mediocrity. Have all the OL even played one game together beyond the first one? OL misses Gilbert bigtime.

Eich
10-12-2017, 09:26 AM
Gilbert is supposed to be back this weekend. Hopefully this will improve things...

If Gilbert does return on Sunday and the Steelers don't suffer any injuries midweek Pittsburgh will be able to field all 22 starters for the first time season against the Chiefs.

No more excuses. Time to play up to the potential.

feltdizz
10-12-2017, 12:33 PM
The Depot is suggesting more than one time in the JAC game was the OL at the root of the QB problems, allowing pressure leading to bad passes or INTs.
What was generally thought to be a strength going into the season is now looking more and more like it is a major weakness. I fear DeCastro is on a long slide toward mediocrity. Have all the OL even played one game together beyond the first one? OL misses Gilbert bigtime.

i made a post asking about our so called great OL during the preseason.

everyone told me to relax and CP said Pouncey was average

SteelerOfDeVille
10-12-2017, 01:26 PM
OL misses Gilbert bigtime.THIS...

I think it's:
1) Gilbert, they miss him big time. Seemed to be more pressure from the area he normally mans
2) lack of experience/chemistry at WR. Both JuJu and Hunter are too many new guys on the field at once for Ben to be learning. There are way more reads for a WR to make than the casual fan realizes - and they simply weren't on the same page as Ben. Looked to me (on multiple occasions) that Ben didn't miss - he threw it exactly where he wanted - but, the WR didn't make the same read and wasn't there.

Personally, expected AB, MB, JuJu and Eli to be the standard 4 - replacing Hunter with Eli gives Ben a guy he trusts.

I did read that both of them will be in the lineup this weekend - I expect them to light up the scoreboard

NorthCoast
10-12-2017, 06:39 PM
THIS...

..... Looked to me (on multiple occasions) that Ben didn't miss - he threw it exactly where he wanted - but, the WR didn't make the same read and wasn't there.

.....If this is true then perhaps Roethlisberger fell on the sword when he said he needed to play better and didn't have it anymore. THAT would be a true sign of leadership. Don't let the young guys take the rap... put it on himself.