PDA

View Full Version : if your boss told you

squidkid
10-09-2017, 07:36 PM
that you could take a day off during the work week and still get paid would you?
i would.

pittpete
10-09-2017, 07:38 PM
And if your job performance suffered because of it would you hope your boss gave you a chance to make it up or just fire you?

squidkid
10-09-2017, 07:45 PM
And if your job performance suffered because of it would you hope your boss gave you a chance to make it up or just fire you?

if my boss didnt care about my performance, or thought giving me the day off wasnt the reason for my performance and continued to allow me to do, then i would.

pittpete
10-09-2017, 07:50 PM
And so would i....

squidkid
10-09-2017, 07:51 PM
cool, so we all can stop blaming ben for not practicing on wednsdays

pittpete
10-09-2017, 07:54 PM
it definitely could be part of the problem though.
if my being there every day at my job gave me a shot at a super bowl, you bet your @ss i would be there.
if $$$ was the only thing i cared about then no.

Eich
10-09-2017, 10:29 PM
Not the best analogy. Most of us don’t have $100M contracts, with ambition to enter a hall of fame for our work and be able to retire incredibly wealthy before reaching 40.

Does Brady take a day off? Serious question. I’m not sure.

Lots of potential reasons for the pitiful offense right now but Ben definitely doesn’t seem right. Maybe this will play out like a Rocky movie and his wife will give him a pep talk to get him out of his funk.

Starlifter
10-09-2017, 10:47 PM
what's interesting to me is, what does the day off accomplish? does anyone think ben gets hit in practice? is he taking the day off to limit the wear and tear on his body? because it seems to me all that's happening is he's missing opportunities to continue to develop rapport with his offense. is it to give him more time with the kids? because in a few years or less, he'll have all the time he wants. most of us have to work a 40 year career to have a retirement. he's all set before he even turns 40. I don't think showing up every day during the season is too much to ask for.

feltdizz
10-10-2017, 08:27 AM
not if my work was suffering. I would probably come in once I realized everyone was bagging on me for being terrible at my gig.

I think his days of rest may be over for a few weeks.

Sword
10-10-2017, 09:58 AM
that you could take a day off during the work week and still get paid would you?
i would.

What is the catch I would ask? Not if it was just me and not the other employees as well...

steelguin
10-10-2017, 10:58 AM
What's scary is if he retires after this season we are going to be stuck like we were when Bradshaw retired.
Years of Malone, Woodley, Stout, Stewart, etc etc Not looking forward to that at all.

feltdizz
10-10-2017, 12:20 PM
What's scary is if he retires after this season we are going to be stuck like we were when Bradshaw retired.
Years of Malone, Woodley, Stout, Stewart, etc etc Not looking forward to that at all.

We weren't bad with Kordell.

We won't suffer like the 80's because the CBA is different. We have TONS of talent on this team, only problem is our QB is playing like trash. It's odd to hear people suggest we would stink without Ben when we stink with him.

All we need is a game manager, one who isn't locked in on AB or thinking about retirement after every play.

williar
10-10-2017, 12:34 PM
Years of Malone, Woodley, Stout, Stewart, etc etc Not looking forward to that at all. Comments like these are so, yesteryear! As if we never won anything without Ben. Need I remind you that we were in two afccg with Kordell Stewart. In the superbowl with Neil O'donell. Probably should have won at least one of those opportunities.

IMO - we should have won more superbowls with Ben. Definitely should have defeated GB, he blew that one! There were other years when we had some pretty stacked teams but because of subpar QB play, we didn't make it. If anything I think Ben has underachieved as the Steeler QB considering the teams he had around him. I will say this, I will never say we won because of him, because if that was the case he would have been far more successful carrying teams when our defense sucked. Go ahead, show me where he won without a great defense?

SteelerOfDeVille
10-10-2017, 01:07 PM
What is the catch I would ask? Not if it was just me and not the other employees as well...
"No catch. You're just the most tenured, most important employee due to experience and talent; we need you more than anyone else at this place of business and want to make sure you're happy. That's why your pay grade is higher than anyone else's. In the end, we understand that at any given moment, you could leave our organization and go to another competitor and make them just as good as ours, if not better. As a token of our appreciation and your loyalty, it's an additional perk."

Iron City Inc.
10-10-2017, 01:34 PM
We weren't bad with Kordell.

We won't suffer like the 80's because the CBA is different. We have TONS of talent on this team, only problem is our QB is playing like trash. It's odd to hear people suggest we would stink without Ben when we stink with him.

All we need is a game manager, one who isn't locked in on AB or thinking about retirement after every play.

I wouldn't say "game manager" but there is truth there that perhaps our qb doesn't need to be great. If Ben plays solid I believe we will be fine.

Ghost
10-10-2017, 01:43 PM
We're talking about year 14 of a career with 48K yards passing and 300+ TDS. If taking a weekly Wednesday off is causing this much havoc then the Steelers are royally F'ed!

The one day a week off thing is just people grasping at straws to understand the futility of the O. I don't think it makes a bit of difference come Sunday.

SteelerOfDeVille
10-10-2017, 01:57 PM
We're talking about year 14 of a career with 48K yards passing and 300+ TDS. If taking a weekly Wednesday off is causing this much havoc then the Steelers are royally F'ed!

The one day a week off thing is just people grasping at straws to understand the futility of the O. I don't think it makes a bit of difference come Sunday.
:Agree:Clap:Clap:Agree

steelguin
10-10-2017, 01:58 PM
Comments like these are so, yesteryear! As if we never won anything without Ben. Need I remind you that we were in two afccg with Kordell Stewart. In the superbowl with Neil O'donell. Probably should have won at least one of those opportunities.

IMO - we should have won more superbowls with Ben. Definitely should have defeated GB, he blew that one! There were other years when we had some pretty stacked teams but because of subpar QB play, we didn't make it. If anything I think Ben has underachieved as the Steeler QB considering the teams he had around him. I will say this, I will never say we won because of him, because if that was the case he would have been far more successful carrying teams when our defense sucked. Go ahead, show me where he won without a great defense?

Stewart threw 3 picks in the first AFCCG and blew a lead to lose. He threw 3 more in the second AFCCG and lost. We don't even need to talk about Neil O'Donnell's Super Bowl performance.

I'm not saying Ben is the greatest QB, just saying the odds are, when he retires we will be in for a long bad time before they find another one. History has proven that. Not just Steeler history, look at the Browns, and many other teams that have yet to find a decent QB.

This team wont win with a "game manger" either. Landry Jones could "Manage" a game. Would you want him to start against KC this week?

SteelerOfDeVille
10-10-2017, 02:08 PM
Stewart threw 3 picks in the first AFCCG and blew a lead to lose. He threw 3 more in the second AFCCG and lost. We don't even need to talk about Neil O'Donnell's Super Bowl performance.

I'm not saying Ben is the greatest QB, just saying the odds are, when he retires we will be in for a long bad time before they find another one. History has proven that. Not just Steeler history, look at the Browns, and many other teams that have yet to find a decent QB.

This team wont win with a "game manger" either. Landry Jones could "Manage" a game. Would you want him to start against KC this week?if you still blame that on Neil, ... *sigh*

hint: he threw it where the WR was supposed to be, but, WR corps (depleted due to injury) was young and had not clue where they were supposed to be; it's very similar to what i've suggested happened a couple of times this past weekend, actually

feltdizz
10-10-2017, 02:11 PM

This team wont win with a "game manger" either. Landry Jones could "Manage" a game. Would you want him to start against KC this week?

he started vs KC a few years ago. We didn't win..

but it's not like we aren't used to losing with Ben as well.

just sayin

and yes, anytime a QB throws INT's in big games it makes it harder to win. Ben threw 2 INT's vs the Jets in his first playoff game and we still won. He also threw INT's in every SB he has played in but we were able to overcome them and win 2 out of 3.

and how the hell can you lump us in with the Browns? C'mon.. why not use the Jets and Bills as examples as well? No.. history has shown that in spite of our QB we tend to have pretty competitive teams and we even rach AFCCG's and a SB without great QB play.

feltdizz
10-10-2017, 02:14 PM
I wouldn't say "game manager" but there is truth there that perhaps our qb doesn't need to be great. If Ben plays solid I believe we will be fine.

Bingo, this is what is frustrating about Ben and some of the Ben is God fans. Even when we win folks scream about Ben needing to pass more, needing to have more stats. No.. screw that. I want high efficient stats. 17 of 23, 21 of 27 and a nice dose of running with Bell and sprinkle in Conner from time to time.

That's it, that's all. Ben doesn't need to be the star of this offense and I think that's the problem.