PDA

View Full Version : I didn't think Ju Ju would replace Eli this early in the season

feltdizz
10-03-2017, 11:17 AM
but the kids run blocking is Hines level and for some reason when Ben throws him the ball he doesn't have to make an acrobatic catch.

I wonder if part of the reason Eli is always diving for passes is because he doesn't run through his route? Anyway, here's hoping Eli gets his groove back if his name is ever called.

In the mean time, LB's need to watch out cause Ju Ju brings the pain

flippy
10-03-2017, 12:17 PM
I've never been 100% sold on Eli. He's ok, but I think we picked Juju in the 2nd to see the field and to be more than a slot WR. He's picking things up quickly. That's surprised me. I really thought Ayers would be the guy to win the role to start the season, so what do I know? LOL

Oviedo
10-03-2017, 02:21 PM
I've never been 100% sold on Eli. He's ok, but I think we picked Juju in the 2nd to see the field and to be more than a slot WR. He's picking things up quickly. That's surprised me. I really thought Ayers would be the guy to win the role to start the season, so what do I know? LOL

I'm with you. IMO Eli is "just a guy" and I said from the time we drafted him that JuJu was going to be a great pick despite the vitriol on this board when he was selected. JuJu is going to win a game or two for us this season...mark it down.

birtikidis
10-03-2017, 02:45 PM
I'm with you. IMO Eli is "just a guy" and I said from the time we drafted him that JuJu was going to be a great pick despite the vitriol on this board when he was selected. JuJu is going to win a game or two for us this season...mark it down.
Couldn't agree more. I think Juju is a hell of a lot better than people give him credit for. Plus his TD celebration is better than all that twerkin

RuthlessBurgher
10-03-2017, 02:50 PM
Couldn't agree more. I think Juju is a hell of a lot better than people give him credit for. Plus his TD celebration is better than all that twerkin

He certainly appear to have some "Street Fighter" in him!

feltdizz
10-03-2017, 02:57 PM

I knew he would be good but I still thought he would take a few more weeks to see this type of playing time. That block vs the vikings and the block he had on a LB vs the Ravens pretty much showed me why he is on the field.

I loved the pick once I saw his highlight film and I remembered him from the Penn State game but sheesh.. he is only 20 and he is knocking guys on their azzz. Our running game is going to continue to get better cause a guy like JuJu can take a guy out of the game with those type of hits. Once he hits you its like Hines, you are going to slow down and keep your head on a swivel.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-03-2017, 03:08 PM
I knew he would be good but I still thought he would take a few more weeks to see this type of playing time. That block vs the vikings and the block he had on a LB vs the Ravens pretty much showed me why he is on the field.

I loved the pick once I saw his highlight film and I remembered him from the Penn State game but sheesh.. he is only 20 and he is knocking guys on their azzz. Our running game is going to continue to get better cause a guy like JuJu can take a guy out of the game with those type of hits. Once he hits you its like Hines, you are going to slow down and keep your head on a swivel.

As soon as this guy figures out how to block without getting called he will be like a sixth lineman out there.

Slapstick
10-03-2017, 03:22 PM
He certainly appear to have some "Street Fighter" in him!

He's 20, not our age...I'm pretty sure that was Goku's "kamehameha" from DragonBall Z...

RuthlessBurgher
10-03-2017, 04:43 PM
He's 20, not our age...I'm pretty sure that was Goku's "kamehameha" from DragonBall Z...

Guess I'm not as big a nerd as once believed. When he did it, I pictured the ball of lightning coming out of the hands of that dude with spiky hair, but thought it was a kill move from the video game Street Fighter. Oh well. My kid would have known that.

D Rock
10-03-2017, 06:29 PM
Guess I'm not as big a nerd as once believed. When he did it, I pictured the ball of lightning coming out of the hands of that dude with spiky hair, but thought it was a kill move from the video game Street Fighter. Oh well. My kid would have known that.

They are basically the same thing, but yeah...JuJu confirmed on twitter that it was indeed a Kamehameha and not a Hadoken

feltdizz
10-03-2017, 06:41 PM
As soon as this guy figures out how to block without getting called he will be like a sixth lineman out there.

Even the best get flagged from time to time. I think he has already figured it out. He will still get the occasional flag because refs aren't used to seeing WR's block as well as he does.

Oviedo
10-04-2017, 10:11 AM
Even the best get flagged from time to time. I think he has already figured it out. He will still get the occasional flag because refs aren't used to seeing WR's block as well as he does.

I'll take being overly aggressive as a rookie anytime, especially for a 20 year old. JuJu will develop a reputation that will keep defenders heads on a swivel. Got to like that

Steelhere10
10-04-2017, 01:46 PM
I never been a fan of Eli and don't know why people haven't pick up on that he's real scary in traffic and has no heart. Watch if or when he plays again, how he have alligator arms in traffic. I serious doubt he will get the job back.

feltdizz
10-04-2017, 01:50 PM
I never been a fan of Eli and don't know why people haven't pick up on that he's real scary in traffic and has no heart. Watch if or when he plays again, how he have alligator arms in traffic. I serious doubt he will get the job back.

I wonder if this is why he is always diving for passes. I used to think it was because Ben was off target but I think sometimes he isn't running through the route but stopping to jump which makes the catch harder than it has to be.

RuthlessBurgher
10-04-2017, 03:53 PM

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/VioletBonyIvorygull-size_restricted.gif

Steelhere10
10-04-2017, 05:28 PM
I wonder if this is why he is always diving for passes. I used to think it was because Ben was off target but I think sometimes he isn't running through the route but stopping to jump which makes the catch harder than it has to be.Go and look @ the muff punt again, he was peaking at incoming traffic.

feltdizz
10-05-2017, 10:10 AM
Go and look @ the muff punt again, he was peaking at incoming traffic.

that's usually what happens when players muff punts.

Slapstick
10-05-2017, 11:27 AM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/VioletBonyIvorygull-size_restricted.gif

https://www.google.com/amp/ftw.usatoday.com/2017/10/pittsburgh-steelers-juju-smith-schuster-touchdown-celebration-dragon-ball-z-not-street-fighter-vido/amp

Captain Lemming
10-05-2017, 11:44 AM
As Juju pick basher number one I must say I like what I'm seeing from the kid.

I'm here to take my lumps. :)

That said, it was always more about our bigger secondary needs. Once that was addressed by the even better option of getting a proven player in Haden, I feel a lot better.

Oviedo
10-05-2017, 12:08 PM
As Juju pick basher number one I must say I like what I'm seeing from the kid.

I'm here to take my lumps. :)

That said, it was always more about our bigger secondary needs. Once that was addressed by the even better option of getting a proven player in Haden, I feel a lot better.

No lumps. We typically expect you to be wrong. Just kidding.

I loved the pick but understand why everyone was desperate for a DB. Seems to be working out to the better though.

Captain Lemming
10-05-2017, 12:15 PM

I loved the pick but understand why everyone was desperate for a DB. Seems to be working out to the better though.

"No lumps"?

Did you learn nothing from Cobra Kai?

Show no mercy......sweep the leg.

https://youtu.be/4kr24G8jQpM

feltdizz
10-05-2017, 12:24 PM

I was pretty confident JuJu would pan out. Still early but looks like we have a legit draft pick with this kid.

Ghost
10-05-2017, 05:54 PM
I guess I have officially reached "get off my lawn", "kids today", and "turn that damn music down" old man status as I cannot fathom how Villanueva is currently teaching JuJu how to drive. WHAT?????

Back in my day.... I had a learners permit at 15 and driving as soon as I turned 16. How do not know how to drive at 20?

Slapstick
10-05-2017, 06:43 PM
Well, he grew up in Long Beach. Probably not much need for a car...possibly not enough money, either. Who knows?

Slapstick
10-05-2017, 06:44 PM
Also:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TeamJuJu/status/914980537126739969?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp %5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

feltdizz
10-05-2017, 08:25 PM
I guess I have officially reached "get off my lawn", "kids today", and "turn that damn music down" old man status as I cannot fathom how Villanueva is currently teaching JuJu how to drive. WHAT?????

Back in my day.... I had a learners permit at 15 and driving as soon as I turned 16. How do not know how to drive at 20?

Everyone takes Uber and Lyft these days...

I didn't get a drivers license until I was in my 20's. I lived in urban areas where there was no need for a car.

fordfixer
10-05-2017, 09:12 PM
I met a guy from Detroit when I was in the military he was 32 and didn’t know how to drive.

Oviedo
10-05-2017, 09:40 PM
I met a guy from Detroit when I was in the military he was 32 and didnít know how to drive.

Same here. I had soldiers serving under me who were from New York City who had military driver's licenses for tanks but never drove a car in their lives.