PDA

View Full Version : great win

squidkid
10-01-2017, 05:02 PM
too many penalties, some questionable coaching decisions and play calling at time but a well rounded game altogether.
ab may not be happy(temper tantrum) but the offense sure seems to be more potent when ben throws the ball around and bell runs hard
hopefully this is what thew offense will bring the rest of the year and the defense continues to impress.
good win

fordfixer
10-01-2017, 05:15 PM
Any win against the ratbirds is a good win even when it ugly

Slapstick
10-01-2017, 05:38 PM
We haven't won in Baltimore since 2012...and, we held them under 10 points...great win, indeed!!

Steelhere10
10-01-2017, 06:05 PM
Great win although I didn't care for sitting on a lead.

Steel Maniac
10-01-2017, 06:09 PM
We haven't won in Baltimore since 2012...and, we held them under 10 points...great win, indeed!!

We've beaten the hated ones twice in a row now. I like that. We've got to get this passing game better then what we're seeing.

NorthCoast
10-01-2017, 06:27 PM
BAL is a badly banged up team on both sides of the ball. They are playing with 3rd stringers all around, credit to them for hanging tough for 3/4 of the game.
Credit the Steelers for not imploding and snatching defeat for a game that on paper they should win every day of the week.

Witnessed the emergence of JuJu.
Witnessed Bell returning to self.
Witnessed Heyward dominate the OL.
Witnessed AB taking a backseat so others could shine (actually 5th in receiving yards for the game).

All good signs...

NorthCoast
10-01-2017, 07:08 PM
BAL is a badly banged up team on both sides of the ball. They are playing with 3rd stringers all around, credit to them for hanging tough for 3/4 of the game.
Credit the Steelers for not imploding and snatching defeat for a game that on paper they should win every day of the week.

Witnessed the emergence of JuJu.
Witnessed Bell returning to self.
Witnessed Heyward dominate the OL.
Witnessed AB taking a backseat so others could shine (actually 5th in receiving yards for the game).

All good signs...

AB's sideline tantrum is a concern... the guy was clearly frustrated for not getting the normal number of looks in the game. The team was better for it but in his postgame interview ABs was still not happy, even though he said all the right things ("good win for the team"... etc).

Florio's gonna eat this up this week... wait for his take on 'do the Steelers have a problem?"

Steelwolf
10-01-2017, 07:13 PM
Ben did try to force ab the ball with 3 defenders draped over him

feltdizz
10-01-2017, 08:31 PM
AB was wide open. Nah understand some of his frustration after that play because he is rarely that wide open.

Not a big deal though, WR's always want the ball.

pittpete
10-01-2017, 08:33 PM
https://stillcurtain.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/58/files/2009/10/steelers-fans2.jpg

Mr.wizard
10-01-2017, 09:01 PM
We punched the Ravens right in the mouth in their own house, that wasn't just a win it was a statement.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-01-2017, 09:06 PM
AB was wide open. Nah understand some of his frustration after that play because he is rarely that wide open.

Not a big deal though, WR's always want the ball.

It looked like to me he got open late, not in time for Ben to see him under pressure. Just based on one quick look at a replay, could be wrong.

Steelwolf
10-01-2017, 09:11 PM
I just saw the video, tunch and Wolfe never mentioned it on the radio.

Mr.wizard
10-01-2017, 09:12 PM
It looked like to me he got open late, not in time for Ben to see him under pressure. Just based on one quick look at a replay, could be wrong.

He was open Ben just didn't see him, it happens, AB will be fine and I'm sure he will go off next week.

NJ-STEELER
10-02-2017, 12:01 AM

you are correct

Steel Maniac
10-02-2017, 01:07 AM
We punched the Ravens right in the mouth in their own house, that wasn't just a win it was a statement.

I agree. The way we got the win was important.

flippy
10-02-2017, 07:08 AM
Glad we got the win and glad we're 3-1. But we really haven't played a good team let alone a great one yet.

Baltimore is in really bad shape with all the injuries, and they still hung close enough with us to almost make a game of it.

Again, better to be 3-1 instead of 2-2, but we've got a lot of work to get better. There are some things to like, others not so much.

Steel Maniac
10-02-2017, 07:28 PM
We can only play who's lined up on the schedule. So I'm not going to fret about the quality of the opponent because we got Kansas City in two weeks.

Once we thump them, we will be at the top of the AFC.

NorthCoast
10-02-2017, 07:36 PM
We can only play who's lined up on the schedule. So I'm not going to fret about the quality of the opponent because we got Kansas City in two weeks.

Once we thump them, we will be at the top of the AFC.Not sure how good KC is. They've played the 31st, 23rd, and 22nd ranked scoring defenses in the NFL. Tonight's game will be telling. But I will say offensively they are using all their weapons with great formations and playcalling. Kinda jealous of the OC.

Mr.wizard
10-02-2017, 08:00 PM
KC is good but they are vulnerable in the secondary, they like to play a lot of press man coverage, which plays right into Ben's hands.

Steelwolf
10-02-2017, 09:54 PM
So far im tied for the weekly pool at work for breaker I need 40 points and not sure I'm going to get it lol

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-02-2017, 10:09 PM
Interesting side note on this game. Last week the Ravens played in London. Usually, the week after a London game is that team's bye week. Baltimore requested to hold off on their bye week and use it later in the season.

This past summer I went to Hawaii. That is a six hour time difference. London is five hours. I may not be an athlete, but it took each of us about a week for our bodies to adjust.

I was not at all surprised that this was a win. I'm happy, not complaining, but would have really been disappointed had they lost this one.

NJ-STEELER
10-03-2017, 02:22 AM
giants have had to play dallas, philly and tampa on the road and thelions at home. tough schedule to start t he season, they are 0-4

yeah, i'll take 3-1

NorthCoast
10-03-2017, 08:21 PM
AB's sideline tantrum is a concern... the guy was clearly frustrated for not getting the normal number of looks in the game. The team was better for it but in his postgame interview ABs was still not happy, even though he said all the right things ("good win for the team"... etc).

Florio's gonna eat this up this week... wait for his take on 'do the Steelers have a problem?"Ok.. so I was off on my prediction of Florio ripping AB, instead it was none other than a former teammate of Brown's:

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=20906564

Oviedo
10-04-2017, 10:15 AM
Ok.. so I was off on my prediction of Florio ripping AB, instead it was none other than a former teammate of Brown's:

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=20906564

Since he retired, Ryan Clark has gone out of his way to be hard on the Steelers and the players on the team. Don't understand if he feels he builds his sportscaster cred that way or what