PDA

View Full Version : Is Ben trying too hard to keep players happy?

D Rock
09-24-2017, 09:56 PM
Ben and the offense seem off this season - forced is the best word that comes to mind.

With this much talent, gaining yards and scoring points should be easy. Is it too much talent now though, and with it, too many egos?

Is Ben trying to hard to spread touches around and has he become too cognizant of keeping guys happy that he is forcing the action rather than just picking the open guy and getting him the ball?

There should be no reason, with how much talent is out their running routes, that a guy should not be significantly open on almost every play.

steelz09
09-24-2017, 10:01 PM
I do think that Ben hears it from Brown when he's not getting the ball.

It drives me nuts when Ben decides to throw the ball to Brown before the ball is even snapped. It's obvious when that occurs. He did it a few times again today and on 3rd down. It didn't result in a 1st down either.

I agree, there has got to be guys open. Hell, I see them sometimes and I can't see the entire field. Ben is just not playing good and quite honestly, it dates back to the end of last year.

D Rock
09-29-2017, 04:18 PM
I heard mention on the radio that Ben admitted this week to forcing things to AB too much instead of looking for the open man. Hopefully admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery for him

fordfixer
09-29-2017, 04:29 PM
I hope it isn't a 12 step program

feltdizz
09-29-2017, 04:30 PM
Just throw to the uncovered guy. Who cares if they are mad, WR's are always open in their mind.