PDA

View Full Version : Crapping the bed

Shoe
09-24-2017, 05:29 PM
I'd say today was the textbook definition of the term. You want to make a grand statement, so you decide to stay in the lockerroom. You have a great chance to add weight to your statement, by going 3-0 and beating a bottom feeder team. You go out and miss 27 tackles, you (Eli Rogers) become a little bi+ch after muffing a punt and basically scared to even take another shot at returning another punt, you blow opportunity after opportunity on offense, you think it prudent to rest your most reliable pass-rusher, only to desperately need him in the 4th quarter... and now all these dummies on social media get to crow about how this loss is Karma (little do they know that Karma is not a European idea, more an Asian one. No matter, they won't care anyway).

Bottom line--they crapped all over themselves today.

squidkid
09-24-2017, 05:35 PM
but they tried real hard and that's what counts the most

Slapstick
09-24-2017, 05:35 PM
I can agree with almost everything you're saying...except, I don't think the Steelers were making a "grand statement" at all...I thought they were avoiding any kind of statement...people want them to "shut up and just play football"...and when they do shut up and just play football, people get mad about that...

The world has become strange...

Shoe
09-24-2017, 05:44 PM
I can agree with almost everything you're saying...except, I don't think the Steelers were making a "grand statement" at all...I thought they were avoiding any kind of statement...people want them to "shut up and just play football"...and when they do shut up and just play football, people get mad about that...

The world has become strange...

Well, shutting up and playing football simply would've been doing what everyone else was planning to do: go out there, some stand, some sit. By (trying) to coordinate their effort (a la the 2000 SB Patriots* running out of the tunnel together) they made it a news story...which sounded great to me pre-game, as it said to me that the team was a unified force.

Now, especially seeing AV come out alone, along with the loss... I'm curious about the state of our lockerroom, whether there is dissention, a divide (e.g. AV disobeying a team decision), etc.