PDA

View Full Version : Dupree shoulder - is it "nagging old injury" or something new?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-10-2017, 04:46 PM
I guess I'd feel a little better if it were something new, otherwise gotta wonder if he's ever gonna heal. I actually don't remember what his old injury was, but Lab/Prisuta/Missy said it was a shoulder also.

Anyone know for sure? It'd sure be nice to have him come back soon, especially if Tuitt has a bicep injury ...

RuthlessBurgher
09-14-2017, 02:11 PM
Bud Dupree receives second opinion on shoulder injury, which could equate to his 2017 debut on Sunday

Bud Dupree is hoping to get back on the field after receiving a second opinion on his injured shoulder.

by Jeff Hartman

Sep 14, 2017, 11:45am EDT

You thought T.J. Watt and Anthony Chickillo were good together in Week 1? Imagine what Bud Dupree and Watt will be able to do once the first round pick returns to the lineup after a shoulder injury.

Dupree, who has struggled with injuries the past two seasons, is hoping to return to the lineup for the team’s Week 2 contest against the Minnesota Vikings at Heinz Field after injuring his shoulder in practice leading up to the opening day game in Cleveland.

Fans wondered just what happened to Dupree to wind up being on the injury report, and he told the media Wednesday how it happened. It involved a collision with guard David DeCastro in practice.

“I just ran into him on a stunt,” Dupree said. “It just happened. I ran right into him. It was in the perfect spot, perfect hit.”

The injury was enough to limit him on Thursday, and have him miss practice Friday. The regression caused the Steelers to get a second opinion on the nature of his shoulder injury.

“We sent it to a second opinion,” Dupree told Ray Fittipaldo of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “It was more than what [was originally diagnosed]. This week I’ll be able to deal with the pain.”

The response on the second opinion likely mean whatever damage done to Dupree’s shoulder cannot get any worse, but can still be very painful, hence why Dupree talks about dealing with the pain.

Nonetheless, the Steelers will want Dupree healthy for more than just one week, and if the risk of further injury could possibly prevent that from happening they could exercise extreme caution with his return and let his shoulder fully heal. For what it is worth, Dupree was listed as a limited participant on the Wednesday injury report leading up to Week 2.

Whenever Dupree does return to the lineup, he and Watt could make for one dynamic duo, one which hasn’t been seen in Pittsburgh since LaMarr Woodley and James Harrison dominated the edges in the black and gold.

It all starts with getting back on the field, and hopefully that happens Sunday at Heinz Field for Dupree.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2017-nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-minnesota-vikings-tickets-streaming-time-how-to-watch/2017/9/14/16304382/bud-dupree-receives-second-opinion-on-shoulder-injury-could-equate-in-his-debut-steelers-vikings-nfl

feltdizz
09-14-2017, 02:31 PM
DeCastro taking out another good player. Smh

Captain Lemming
09-14-2017, 06:38 PM

Quote David DeCastro:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4gILVsXviXX0XxvME2T1KjDl2E4IUA r_vjAEM72ibBtQk3qQvmg

NorthCoast
09-14-2017, 06:40 PM
To be honest, I give the nod to Chick until he proves it was a one game mirage. He did more in Wk1 than I have seen Dupree in half a season. Dupree should have hair standing on the back of his neck from the shoulder lookers.

Captain Lemming
09-14-2017, 06:42 PM

We really want Ben, Bell, and Brown around this guy in the preseason more than we have to?
I say we needed to sit those guys to keep them out of his path of destruction. :)

Captain Lemming
09-14-2017, 06:56 PM
To be honest, I give the nod to Chick until he proves it was a one game mirage. He did more in Wk1 than I have seen Dupree in half a season. Dupree should have hair standing on the back of his neck from the shoulder lookers.

I think we need to sit Dupree to heal more completely, while at the same time see if Chickillo is real.
Quite frankly, we can talk about what we didnt see in Dupree, but Chick showed me nothing exciting last season when he had plenty of PT.
I need more to convince me Chick is the real deal.

Give Dupree more time to heal and Chick can make his case.

Steelerphile
09-14-2017, 07:22 PM
I would differ about Chick showing nothing last year. He had his 2 1/2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles and 29 tackles. He showed the hustle, and he showed to me that he was making the transition. I always liked Chickillo. I expected something last year, which I think he showed, but not miracles. I am patient, more so than a lot of fans. This year, being his third year, I think he is
ready to be more of an impactful guy. So, I don't think that they will lose a lot with Dupree out.

Slapstick
09-14-2017, 07:35 PM
It is very fortunate to have backups like Chickillo and Alualu on the defense...heck, even Moats is capable...the Steelers have built a good roster...

pittpete
09-15-2017, 12:17 AM
They don't make athletes like they used to....:eek:

Captain Lemming
09-15-2017, 01:10 AM
It is very fortunate to have backups like Chickillo and Alualu on the defense...heck, even Moats is capable...the Steelers have built a good roster...

You mention Moats before Deebo?
Shame on you. :)

Slapstick
09-15-2017, 10:04 AM
You mention Moats before Deebo?
Shame on you. :)

Deebo doesn't play on that side....that's all...:)