calmkiller
04-29-2017, 01:32 PM
Steelers select QB Josh Dobbs at 135.

calmkiller
04-29-2017, 01:34 PM
And I can't type his name apparently.

birtikidis
04-29-2017, 01:35 PM
I like Josh Dobbs, just don't like him when we have actual needs.

NorthCoast
04-29-2017, 01:37 PM
Apparently we were all mistaken. The defense wasn't the problem last season, it was the offense.

feltdizz
04-29-2017, 01:38 PM
I was close. I had him in the 5th.

The Man of Steel
04-29-2017, 01:39 PM
Dude's huge forehead is quite disturbing.

BradshawsHairdresser
04-29-2017, 01:41 PM
Apparently we were all mistaken. The defense wasn't the problem last season, it was the offense.

Evidently, that's what Colbert and Tomlin think. Just add plenty of reserves on offense, and the team will be good to go. Heck, they'll just run the same defensive game plan anyway, so there's really no need to upgrade the interior or the DBs.

Rara
04-29-2017, 01:41 PM
I like the pick! I hope this means the end of Landry Jones! And our future starting quarterback, of course

squidkid
04-29-2017, 01:44 PM
it keeps getting worse

Steelgal
04-29-2017, 01:47 PM
I like the pick. Ben won't be around forever and may be gone sooner than we think. Landry Jones isn't the answer, so bring this aerospace engineer in to start learning the system and getting comfortable.

birtikidis
04-29-2017, 01:48 PM
Dobbs will beat out Jones this year. IN three years, he may be our starter. Not a bad pick.

diamondlucy
04-29-2017, 01:49 PM
Remember...Dobbs made JOSH MALONE look like a WR...and he duped Cincy into drafting him. According to Stats.inc..Malone lead the nation with 27 dropped passes. By comparison...Juju had 2...Just saying.

brothervad
04-29-2017, 01:53 PM
Maybe overanalyzing this...

The Man of Steel
04-29-2017, 01:56 PM
Maybe overanalyzing this...
Yup. Just say that he's a poor man's Tee Martin and leave it at that.

NorthCoast
04-29-2017, 01:57 PM
Not aware of a single NFL QB being a graduate engineer. Dobbs' knock is he is sometimes indecisive. As a group, engineers tend to over-analyze things. This is not a good trait for a successful NFL career where it is mostly about recognition and reacting within 3 secs.

diamondlucy
04-29-2017, 02:00 PM
Yup. Just say that he's a poor man's Tee Martin and leave it at that.

Really ?...You wanna go through life being regarded as that Dumb ?

The Man of Steel
04-29-2017, 02:01 PM
Really ?...You wanna go through life being regarded as that Dumb ?
Just being facetious.

Cinnjerm3000
04-29-2017, 02:02 PM

Well, when it came down to it, in the AFCC, the team only scored 17 points. If they had scored 37 points, the team would've won. So, in a way, yeah...it was the offense.

Shawn
04-29-2017, 02:07 PM
I did some scouting on Dobbs early and didn't like what I seen. Erratic, inaccurate, inconsistent. With that said, many scouting names I respect were saying at Senior Bowl week coaches seen a very different Dobbs. They seen a highly coachable kid with a strong arm who many believe was a victim of bad talent and bad coaching. Typically speaking inaccurate college QBs don't go on to become accurate NFL QBs. But, enough names I respect believe in this kid that I'm willing to give him a chance. Lets see what we got.

feltdizz
04-29-2017, 02:15 PM
I watched a ton of Vols games. The OL was TERRIBLE.

App St are up the OL in the first game of the year. Dobbs was indecisive because he was running for his life half the time. Give him a few years and he will be a nice stop gap until we find a franchise replacement.

Also remember Dobbs is the reason Peterman transferred to Pitt.

BradshawsHairdresser
04-29-2017, 02:24 PM
Well, Kaaya is still available. Why not? Can never have too many reserves on offense, it seems...

diamondlucy
04-29-2017, 02:33 PM
I did some scouting on Dobbs early and didn't like what I seen. Erratic, inaccurate, inconsistent. With that said, many scouting names I respect were saying at Senior Bowl week coaches seen a very different Dobbs. They seen a highly coachable kid with a strong arm who many believe was a victim of bad talent and bad coaching. Typically speaking inaccurate college QBs don't go on to become accurate NFL QBs. But, enough names I respect believe in this kid that I'm willing to give him a chance. Lets see what we got.

Really...How did Tom Brady do from College..where Dobbs was better in every aspect to Brady..and Brady now in the league ??? Yeah..Nuff said.

Rara
04-29-2017, 02:35 PM
Can we give Dobbs a chance before the whining? I've had enough with Landry Jones, complain about him being back.

Moonie
04-29-2017, 02:38 PM
Good pick. Roethlisberger will get dinged up, miss some downs, and maybe even a game or two. Landry Jones has been a liability on offense - he helps the opposing team. This guy can't be worse. The end of the bizarre Steelers story of Landry Bollham Jones.

Steelgal
04-29-2017, 02:40 PM
Really...How did Tom Brady do from College..where Dobbs was better in every aspect to Brady..and Brady now in the league ??? Yeah..Nuff said.

True, but after all the scandals the Pats have had over the years, not sure how much is talent and how much is illegal tampering making him look good.

Moonie
04-29-2017, 02:45 PM
True, but after all the scandals the Pats have had over the years, not sure how much is talent and how much is illegal tampering making him look good.
It's 75% talent and 25% deflated balls and other hijinks.

diamondlucy
04-29-2017, 02:59 PM

Okay, if you wanna come back with a sarcastic response...fine. But my point is that..no matter what Dobbs Stats may have been or not been. In the end, whatever he did in College has little to NOTHING to do with what a player will do once he is a Pro.

I mean my sister..just look at former Pitt QB, and LEGENDARY NFL Hall of famer Dan Marino. What did he do in his career at Pitt ? In fact, what were his throwing Statistics his final Senior season ? And that was on a Great Pitt team....I mean he threw MORE Intercetions then TD's. And look how he did...look at his Rookie season. So all I am saying is...forget Dobb's stats. And look at the TOOLS and Intelligence that he has for the Steelers to work with. They are to me at least...every bit as good as ANY of the 1st round QB;s taken.

Slapstick
04-29-2017, 03:34 PM
Evidently, that's what Colbert and Tomlin think. Just add plenty of reserves on offense, and the team will be good to go. Heck, they'll just run the same defensive game plan anyway, so there's really no need to upgrade the interior or the DBs.

The defense improved greatly by putting Burns, Davis, and Hargrave in the starting lineup, along with Dupree coming back mid-season...now, with the addition of Watt, there is another legit pass rush threat...I also like Sutton and Allen...

I'm not going to overreact to a bad game in the AFCC...thankfully, it seems the Steelers won't either...

Steelgal
04-29-2017, 03:40 PM
Okay, if you wanna come back with a sarcastic response...fine. But my point is that..no matter what Dobbs Stats may have been or not been. In the end, whatever he did in College has little to NOTHING to do with what a player will do once he is a Pro.

I mean my sister..just look at former Pitt QB, and LEGENDARY NFL Hall of famer Dan Marino. What did he do in his career at Pitt ? In fact, what were his throwing Statistics his final Senior season ? And that was on a Great Pitt team....I mean he threw MORE Intercetions then TD's. And look how he did...look at his Rookie season. So all I am saying is...forget Dobb's stats. And look at the TOOLS and Intelligence that he has for the Steelers to work with. They are to me at least...every bit as good as ANY of the 1st round QB;s taken.
My comment was in no way meant to be sarcastic. I like the pick and stated so already. He's a brillant young man with loads of potential.

diamondlucy
04-29-2017, 03:46 PM
My comment was in no way meant to be sarcastic. I like the pick and stated so already. He's a brillant young man with loads of potential.

Okay well anyways, I was not mad at you at all. In fact...I am attracted to Sarcasm :-)

SidSmythe
04-29-2017, 03:47 PM
I have a friend who's a huge Cowboy Fan.
He's also a Tennessee Fan.

He says Josh Dobbs will learn the playbook in a day.
He said Dobbs was the only reason Tennessee won any games over the past few yrs.
Then he said he's the "Dak Prescott" of this draft.

He's no Homer either. He's not afraid to criticize his own team at all.

Captain Lemming
04-29-2017, 04:09 PM
Okay well anyways, I was not mad at you at all. In fact...I am attracted to Sarcasm :-)

Attracted to sarcasm. Kinda strange

Must be because it is the only time the ladies call you hot. :)

(Sorry man that was just to tempting to just let paas)

diamondlucy
04-29-2017, 04:11 PM
Attracted to sarcasm. Kinda strange

Sounds like that because it is the only time the ladies call you hot. :) (Sorry man that was just toI tempting to just let go)

The ONLY time any lady calls me..HOT...is NOT because they're being Sarcastic...it's because I am visiting a Home for the BLIND!! :wft

Oviedo
04-29-2017, 04:51 PM

Probably all were mistaken and overreacting to one game against the eventual Super Bowl champs. Maybe

Maybe that is why the "we" aren't working in the NFL

Good balanced draft so far

pittpete
04-29-2017, 06:19 PM
Just got home, long day...
What a waste of a pick.
Not like we needed to improve our defense.......

pittpete
04-29-2017, 06:21 PM
Dobbs will beat out Jones this year. IN three years, he may be our starter. Not a bad pick.

Must be nice to just throw $600,000 away on Landry's signing bonus...SMH

Hopefully i'm wrong...I remember the T.Martin pick also