PDA

View Full Version : The Next Le'Veon Bell

Shawn
03-23-2017, 04:29 PM
Is Joe Mixon. In my opinion, he is the best running back in this class. Watching him run and catch is like watching Bell in a red jersey. I wouldn't be shocked if someone moves up in the second to grab him. But, IMO he deserves Fournettes draft slot. As good as Fournette is, I believe Mixon is better. They will both be successful in the NFL barring injury. But, Mixon has WR hands to go along with the running back skills. Its a thing of beauty to watch him run.

Positives: Fast, quick, excellent vision and patience. He is able to bounce two gaps with ease and create his own lanes. Runs with enough power to make defenders respect, yet prefers to make people miss. He has hands of a WR and consistently uses his hands to catch away from his body.

Negatives: I seen nothing obviously wrong with his game. He has it all. The issue will be with an off the field incident when he brutally assaulted a female who laid hands on him first. According to his account and video she blew smoke in his face, called him a racial slur, pushed him then hit him in the face. He then punched her. The guy was punished and I don't believe him to be a bad guy but that is the big question mark. He should be a top 10 but because of this I believe he falls to the top of the second. I see no way this guy falls to the third or 4th round as some have predicted. He is just too good.

So, the question...if by some chance Mixon is waiting for us in the second, should we take him? I say Hecks Yeah.

Shawn
03-23-2017, 04:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIoupXWhdrY

I don't believe it's ever ok to strike a female the way he did unless she is trying to kill you with a weapon. Restrain yes...knock a woman out? No. I believe Mixon to be a decent human being who instinctively did something he later came to deeply regret. He paid a heavy price. He appeared to have legit remorse. How long will he be judged in the court of public opinion.

squidkid
03-23-2017, 04:47 PM
unless we dont plan on having bell on the team after this year, i see no reason to draft a rb early.

The Man of Steel
03-23-2017, 05:34 PM

I don't believe it's ever ok to strike a female the way he did unless she is trying to kill you with a weapon. Restrain yes...knock a woman out? No. I believe Mixon to be a decent human being who instinctively did something he later came to deeply regret. He paid a heavy price. He appeared to have legit remorse. How long will he be judged in the court of public opinion.
The best way to predict future behavior is to simply look at past behavior.

SteelCrazy
03-23-2017, 05:40 PM
I definitely wouldn't be mad if we did take him in the 2nd, well depending on who's available, but assume the Steelers would know best. Who knows how things will unfold with Bell. QB position excluded, we shouldn't ever feel too comfortable at any position to stay away from it early in the draft if the player is too good to pass on.

NJ-STEELER
03-23-2017, 05:44 PM

From what i saw from the video. The blow didn't look forceful enough to knock her out.
I think her hitting the table was what did the most damage.
Still not right, but I don't think he was looking to end her with a kill shot

PS. I also think he'll be taken off our board so I doubt we take him anywhere in the draft

Real Deal Steel
03-23-2017, 06:12 PM

That's not always true. And very, very unfair. We are a country of second chances. If we went by your etched in stone philosophy, Robert Downey Jr. would have never been given a chance and come back and be the actor he's been.

Is what your saying true often? Yes. But every person deserves to be treated as an individual and not just lumped in to what the majority might do.

Real Deal Steel
03-23-2017, 06:16 PM
Is Joe Mixon. In my opinion, he is the best running back in this class. Watching him run and catch is like watching Bell in a red jersey. I wouldn't be shocked if someone moves up in the second to grab him. But, IMO he deserves Fournettes draft slot. As good as Fournette is, I believe Mixon is better. They will both be successful in the NFL barring injury. But, Mixon has WR hands to go along with the running back skills. Its a thing of beauty to watch him run.

Positives: Fast, quick, excellent vision and patience. He is able to bounce two gaps with ease and create his own lanes. Runs with enough power to make defenders respect, yet prefers to make people miss. He has hands of a WR and consistently uses his hands to catch away from his body.

Negatives: I seen nothing obviously wrong with his game. He has it all. The issue will be with an off the field incident when he brutally assaulted a female who laid hands on him first. According to his account and video she blew smoke in his face, called him a racial slur, pushed him then hit him in the face. He then punched her. The guy was punished and I don't believe him to be a bad guy but that is the big question mark. He should be a top 10 but because of this I believe he falls to the top of the second. I see no way this guy falls to the third or 4th round as some have predicted. He is just too good.

So, the question...if by some chance Mixon is waiting for us in the second, should we take him? I say Hecks Yeah.

Great question. But I don't think we have to worry about that. Why? Look at the teams coming into this draft with no lead runningback.

Raiders
Panthers
Giants
Redskins (do not consider their runningbacks top notch)
Broncos (runningbacks always hurt or not top notch)
Ravens
Browns

Just too many teams needing a lead runningback for Mixon to make it back to us at the end of round 2.

The Man of Steel
03-23-2017, 06:19 PM
That's not always true. And very, very unfair. We are a country of second chances. If we went by your etched in stone philosophy, Robert Downey Jr. would have never been given a chance and come back and be the actor he's been.

Is what your saying true often? Yes. But every person deserves to be treated as an individual and not just lumped in to what the majority might do.
Martavis Bryant is a prime example of that and let's face it, as Steelers fans a lot of us have concerns that Bell could also screw up again and be suspended for an entire season. Why do we worry about that? Because of his past behavior.

squidkid
03-23-2017, 06:19 PM
I definitely wouldn't be mad if we did take him in the 2nd, well depending on who's available, but assume the Steelers would know best. Who knows how things will unfold with Bell. QB position excluded, we shouldn't ever feel too comfortable at any position to stay away from it early in the draft if the player is too good to pass on.

IMO. no qb, rb, ol or te in the first.....period, unless ben says hes retiring right now or bell refuses to sign his tender and a long term deal isnt getting done. even then, i wouldnt be much in favor of it but could see the justification.
this team NEEDS qb pressure and cb coverage much more than it needs any other position.
that is if they want to win this year.

squidkid
03-23-2017, 06:23 PM
Martavis Bryant is a prime example of that and let's face it, as Steelers fans a lot of us have concerns that Bell could also screw up again and be suspended for an entire season. Why do we worry about that? Because of his past behavior.

theres a much better chance of a people continuing to be who they are than turning themselves around..

Iron City Inc.
03-23-2017, 07:03 PM
It's been a few years since the incident and he has no other blemishes since so I would give him the benefit of the doubt but that's me idk what our Steelers think. We would not get a back that good in the mid rounds however in the 2nd we would likely be passing up on a quality corner. Since we need a 6-10 carry guy as a complement to Bell I would likely pass until we filled a few holes on D. If he was there at 105 bring up the card.

Real Deal Steel
03-23-2017, 07:12 PM

But you can't re-condemn someone BEFORE it happens again. You can't do it to Mixon, Big Ben, Bryant, no one until it happens. Now does it happen? Of course but everyone has to be treated like an individual because everyone IS an individual. Your convicting Mixon of doing something again when nothing has happened.

The Man of Steel
03-23-2017, 07:25 PM
But you can't re-condemn someone BEFORE it happens again. You can't do it to Mixon, Big Ben, Bryant, no one until it happens. Now does it happen? Of course but everyone has to be treated like an individual because everyone IS an individual. You sound crazy convicting Mixon of doing something again when nothing has happened.
If I sound crazy then it's likely from working in corrections where Antisocial Personality Disorder is the new normal.

BradshawsHairdresser
03-23-2017, 07:39 PM
Since we need a 6-10 carry guy as a complement to Bell I would likely pass until we filled a few holes on D. If he was there at 105 bring up the card.
:Clap:Clap:Clap:Clap:Clap:Clap:Clap:Clap:Clap

Coolie Man
03-23-2017, 08:07 PM
We already have a leaveon bell

feltdizz
03-23-2017, 08:38 PM
We already have a leaveon bell

exactly... we have more pressing needs early in the draft

Chucktownsteeler
03-23-2017, 10:33 PM

Not true, many, many people make mistakes and turn their lives around.

#7 says hi.

Chucktownsteeler
03-23-2017, 10:34 PM
theres a much better chance of a people continuing to be who they are than turning themselves around..

Strongly disagree.

Captain Lemming
03-24-2017, 01:09 AM

Odds that a woman beats on him while hurling ethnic slurs AGAIN seems kinda unlikely.

SS Laser
03-24-2017, 08:41 AM
Odds that a woman beats on him while hurling ethnic slurs AGAIN seems kinda unlikely.
Really? First reaction was to throw a punch at a women. What happens when a girlfriend gets him all fired up? Will there be any restraint? I am not so sure. He is already on the bad boy list for he NFL. Better be a model player.
Same as saying after the first incident with Ben that won't happen again. Oh really. lol!

I still think he is draft able. And someone will take him early if the hype is true. Top 4 running back hype. Not totally factoring in that issue he has to have a 1st rd grade by most teams. Wonder were the Steelers had Bryant? Wonder what the no issue grade for T.Hill was. I would give him a second chance. But not before the 3rd. And he will be gone IMO. Plus he is a 1A to Bell being 1A starter I would think. We need a guy good enough to be a spot starter for injuries and a few carries/catches here and there. A 2A guy. He could be a ok starter for some teams but not a featured back for most. Good on special teams also. I thought the team needed a very comparable starting caliber RB. But how is that going to work if the pedigree is there? Not going to work for special teams IMO. Will be interesting to see which team takes Mixon. And who the Steelers take and when.

Shawn
03-24-2017, 09:03 AM
The best way to predict future behavior is to simply look at past behavior. You watch too much Dr. Phil. Would you want to be judged for life by your worst mistake?

Shawn
03-24-2017, 09:06 AM
If I sound crazy then it's likely from working in corrections where Antisocial Personality Disorder is the new normal. That may be why you are so jaded. It's not like this guy had a history of trouble making. I would suggest anyone here pushed far enough could snap like Mixon did.

Shawn
03-24-2017, 09:09 AM
We already have a leaveon bell At how much per season, and a guy who misses games. I love Bell, but he hasn't been consistently part of this team. You all may be right that Mixon is a luxury we can ill afford. I won't deny there is some credence to that. But, is it a great way to build a ball club to pass on a Bell? I don't know...would be an easy decision for me.

Shawn
03-24-2017, 09:11 AM
Really? First reaction was to throw a punch at a women. What happens when a girlfriend gets him all fired up? Will there be any restraint? I am not so sure. He is already on the bad boy list for he NFL. Better be a model player.
Same as saying after the first incident with Ben that won't happen again. Oh really. lol!

I still think he is draft able. And someone will take him early if the hype is true. Top 4 running back hype. Not totally factoring in that issue he has to have a 1st rd grade by most teams. Wonder were the Steelers had Bryant? Wonder what the no issue grade for T.Hill was. I would give him a second chance. But not before the 3rd. And he will be gone IMO. Plus he is a 1A to Bell being 1A starter I would think. We need a guy good enough to be a spot starter for injuries and a few carries/catches here and there. A 2A guy. He could be a ok starter for some teams but not a featured back for most. Good on special teams also. I thought the team needed a very comparable starting caliber RB. But how is that going to work if the pedigree is there? Not going to work for special teams IMO. Will be interesting to see which team takes Mixon. And who the Steelers take and when. Hype? Guy isn't getting any love. But, yes he is worth all the "hype" and more.

feltdizz
03-24-2017, 09:33 AM
That may be why you are so jaded. It's not like this guy had a history of trouble making. I would suggest anyone here pushed far enough could snap like Mixon did.

no. I doubt most posters would punch a women like that.

Shawn
03-24-2017, 10:23 AM
no. I doubt most posters would punch a women like that. Anon names on a message board can make any claim. I suppose I can say if I was pushed hard enough such as seeing one of my daughters assaulted I may snap...who knows unless it happens. I think every man has a breaking point. Guess I'm a bad guy too.

RuthlessBurgher
03-24-2017, 10:34 AM
Anon names on a message board can make any claim. I suppose I can say if I was pushed hard enough such as seeing one of my daughters assaulted I may snap...who knows unless it happens. I think every man has a breaking point. Guess I'm a bad guy too.

If I see some dude hit my daughter, damn straight I'm taking him down.

But if some other girl comes after her, I might try to stop the fight, but not by cold cocking the other girl.

Shawn
03-24-2017, 11:54 AM
If I see some dude hit my daughter, damn straight I'm taking him down.

But if some other girl comes after her, I might try to stop the fight, but not by cold cocking the other girl. I guess it depends on the level of assault. I would like to think I would always act rationally in all situations where physical harm may come to myself and love ones. I'm old enough and grown up enough to believe that's quite possible. But, I'm not 20 and I wasn't in that situation. What I know is this is one incident and I don't believe it makes him a demon, and even try to put myself in his shoes. It was obviously the wrong response and could have been handled better to say the least. He paid the price, and I believe he has learned from this event.

I will put this out there though. I understand the double standard due to strength differences. But, it is far too common for a woman to be able to lay hands on a man without recourse. Assault is not okay by either party and when she punched him in the face she had to know being hit back was a possibility. She pushes him, hits his face, embarasses him publically and nearly takes away his livelihood. I'm curious what happened to this lady who initiated the assault.

Mr.wizard
03-24-2017, 01:01 PM
He is a scum bag.

Shawn
03-24-2017, 01:05 PM
He is a scum bag. So says the troll.

Mr.wizard
03-24-2017, 01:08 PM
That may be why you are so jaded. It's not like this guy had a history of trouble making. I would suggest anyone here pushed far enough could snap like Mixon did.

Speak for yourself, I watched the video, Mixon is the one who comes up and starts harassing the girls gay friend, and she stepped in to defend her friend and he hit her, girl had to have her jaw wired shut. If you want the guy because of what he can do on the field than I'm fine with that but trying to downplay the incident is not necessary.

Mr.wizard
03-24-2017, 01:09 PM
So says the troll.

I'm not trolling anyone, I think he's a scumbag.

Shawn
03-24-2017, 01:14 PM
Speak for yourself, I watched the video, Mixon is the one who comes up and starts harassing the girls gay friend, and she stepped in to defend her friend and he hit her, girl had to have her jaw wired shut. If you want the guy because of what he can do on the field than I'm fine with that but trying to downplay the incident is not necessary. You have no idea what happened...what was really said. You assume her side of the story is correct. What we have on video is her laying hands on him first, pushing then hitting him in the face. That's the truth. And it's not okay for a woman to strike a man either. She took it to a physical level.

As for "down playing the incident"...well I don't feel the need to be a judgemental a$$hole. I don't need to feel morally superior to Mixon. I believe in second chances. He was wrong, paid the price, and offered a heart felt apology. If anything like this happens again then I'll join you.

Real Deal Steel
03-24-2017, 01:26 PM
You have no idea what happened...what was really said. You assume her side of the story is correct. What we have on video is her laying hands on him first, pushing then hitting him in the face. That's the truth. And it's not okay for a woman to strike a man either. She took it to a physical level.

As for "down playing the incident"...well I don't feel the need to be a judgemental a$$hole. I don't need to feel morally superior to Mixon. I believe in second chances. He was wrong, paid the price, and offered a heart felt apology. If anything like this happens again then I'll join you.

People tend to ignore the fact that women have no right going around hitting men. No one has a right to hit anyone. Period.

Mr.wizard
03-24-2017, 01:30 PM
You have no idea what happened...what was really said. You assume her side of the story is correct. What we have on video is her laying hands on him first, pushing then hitting him in the face. That's the truth. And it's not okay for a woman to strike a man either. She took it to a physical level.

Yes she laid her hands on him first, I didn't deny it, neither did anyone involved. That still does not give him the right to use that type of force, like I said I watched the video, the punch was completely unnecessary and cowardly. I also don't believe his side of the story or apology for one second, am I to believe that this girl and her gay friend just saw Mixon and started blowing smoke in his face and hurling racial slurs at him? In fact it looked like the girl and her friend where trying to get away from Mixon by going in the resteraunt and he followed them in in there.

Mr.wizard
03-24-2017, 01:31 PM
People tend to ignore the fact that women have no right going around hitting men. No one has a right to hit anyone. Period.

Find one post on here that says women can hit men.

Shawn
03-24-2017, 01:32 PM
People tend to ignore the fact that women have no right going around hitting men. No one has a right to hit anyone. Period. At least we have one person of reason here. No issue is made when the woman initiated the assault. She is just a poor victim. She doesn't hit him and none of this happens. We as a society have this twisted. It's never okay to assault anyone unless you fear for your safety...period. Man...woman doesn't matter.

Mr.wizard
03-24-2017, 01:36 PM
If Mixon was so afraid for his safety, why did he follow them in there and get in their face?

Shawn
03-24-2017, 01:39 PM
If Mixon was so afraid for his safety, why did he follow them in there and get in their face? I never claimed he feared for his safety. Once again another person presenting strawman arguments. You act as if I'm ok with what Mixon did. No, I think it was an egregious act. But, I'm not willing to say the man is a worthless scumbag because of it. I don't know the man. I also know none of this would have happened if she hadn't struck him. Let me ask you a question. Is she also a scumbag?

williar
03-24-2017, 01:42 PM
You can best believe that Johnny Manziel will get another chance with all of his egregious actions! I cringe every time I see that video or anyone else acting a fool. But the kid was barely 18 years old when he did this. He needs to get another chance. That is why the don't put kids under 18 in jail when they commit a crime. I think he will fare far worse if he isn't afforded another chance than he will if he continues to be judged and condemned by everybody. It's really not fair!

Shawn
03-24-2017, 01:46 PM
He was a young man who did a very stupid thing. Doesn't mean he is a horrible person nor should you punish the man for life.

Shawn
03-24-2017, 01:52 PM
I think most would agree that Rhonda Rousey could literally kill anyone here...most likely 2-3 of us at a time. She is an Olympic trained weapon. Yet, when she threw a womans boot across a movie theater, womans BF steps in and she nearly beats him and his buddy so bad they file charges...we laugh and laud her toughness. The double standard needs to stop. It's not about man or woman, its about assault. It's about laying hands on another human being.

Mr.wizard
03-24-2017, 01:55 PM
I never claimed he feared for his safety. Once again another person presenting strawman arguments. You act as if I'm ok with what Mixon did. No, I think it was an egregious act. But, I'm not willing to say the man is a worthless scumbag because of it. I don't know the man. I also know none of this would have happened if she hadn't struck him. Let me ask you a question. Is she also a scumbag?

I think anyone who goes around punching other people is a scumbag, but even if I think she is a scumbag, it doesn't make Mixon any less of a scumbag.

Shawn
03-24-2017, 01:56 PM
I think anyone who goes around punching other people is a scumbag, but even if I think she is a scumbag, it doesn't make Mixon any less of a scumbag. Fair enough at least you are consistent.

Real Deal Steel
03-24-2017, 02:14 PM
Find one post on here that says women can hit men.

Mr. Wizard, there isn't a post but it seems to be an "understood" thing that women have leway to do what they want; but Men have guide lines to what they can and can't do. We are living in a day and age where women demand equal pay..and they should get it. Women demand to be respected all around as much as men....and they should get it. But in the reverse, women have to be held accountable to all their actions just like men do. Equal goes both ways. That's all I'm trying to say.

Shawn
03-24-2017, 02:21 PM
Mr. Wizard, there isn't a post but it seems to be an "understood" thing that women have leway to do what they want; but Men have guide lines to what they can and can't do. We are living in a day and age where women demand equal pay..and they should get it. Women demand to be respected all around as much as men....and they should get it. But in the reverse, women have to be held accountable to all their actions just like men do. Equal goes both ways. That's all I'm trying to say. No one was calling for this woman's head, career, or calling her a scumbag for her actions. There doesn't need to be a post. It's understood that men should take women's physical abuse. It's ok for a woman to strike a man. Were there charges filed against this woman?

RuthlessBurgher
03-24-2017, 02:27 PM
You also have to take into account how this guy might possibly struggle to fit in on the team who drafts him (not just the potential for negative public relations with fans, but actual locker room discord as well). Football is a man's game, and many people feel that the least manly thing a guy could do is punch out a woman. Regardless of the opinions expressed here about how assault goes both ways, some of his future teammates will have seen the video and view that behavior as punk-ass cowardice regardless of any possible instigating factors. Every other player in that locker room has a mother, grandmother, sister, aunt, niece, wife, girlfriend, daughter, etc. and may not agree with the decision to bring this guy aboard.

feltdizz
03-24-2017, 03:06 PM
Anon names on a message board can make any claim. I suppose I can say if I was pushed hard enough such as seeing one of my daughters assaulted I may snap...who knows unless it happens. I think every man has a breaking point. Guess I'm a bad guy too.

I would punch a woman if I thought my daughters life was in danger. But if they are fighting or she is getting punched I'm dragging the woman across the street

I wasn't raised to punch women in the face unless I'm in immediate danger or she looks like a guy and it's a mistake.

i know guys who have punched women and they have all been slightly off IMO.

feltdizz
03-24-2017, 03:18 PM
I'm starting to see this trend online where guys think it's okay to hit women because the woman hit the guy first. I'm not defending women and saying it's OK for them to hit guys but where the hell is our honor as men? Has life beat you down so bad you feel the need to make up hypotheticals where it's OK to clock a woman who gave you a few love taps?

Rhonda Rousey? pfft. There aren't too many Rhonda Rousey's in the world going around knocking guys out. I also think her last few fights have shown she can't punch to save her life...lol. She isn't a striker but anyway... back to my point.

what was I saying? Ah, yes.. this whole "women can't go around hitting men without expecting to get knocked out"

No, that's not how this works. Men are stronger. We hit harder. We know this. All the stories I read has Mixon and his crew making fun of the gay guy and the girl coming to his defense and then things escelated when Mixon followed her inside the place. A guy Mixon's size could grab her hands. snatch her by the collar, grab her and tell her to chill the hell out. Clocking her tho?

That's a b!tch move. I don't want that circus show in our facility.

Shawn
03-24-2017, 03:19 PM
You also have to take into account how this guy might possibly struggle to fit in on the team who drafts him (not just the potential for negative public relations with fans, but actual locker room discord as well). Football is a man's game, and many people feel that the least manly thing a guy could do is punch out a woman. Regardless of the opinions expressed here about how assault goes both ways, some of his future teammates will have seen the video and view that behavior as punk-ass cowardice regardless of any possible instigating factors. Every other player in that locker room has a mother, grandmother, sister, aunt, niece, wife, girlfriend, daughter, etc. and may not agree with the decision to bring this guy aboard. I think thats a terrific point.

Shawn
03-24-2017, 03:23 PM
I'm starting to see this trend online where guys think it's okay to hit women because the woman hit the guy first. I'm not defending women and saying it's OK for them to hit guys but where the hell is our honor as men? Has life beat you down so bad you feel the need to make up hypotheticals where it's OK to clock a woman who gave you a few love taps?

Rhonda Rousey? pfft. There aren't too many Rhonda Rousey's in the world going around knocking guys out. I also think her last few fights have shown she can't punch to save her life...lol. She isn't a striker but anyway... back to my point.

what was I saying? Ah, yes.. this whole "women can't go around hitting men without expecting to get knocked out"

No, that's not how this works. Men are stronger. We hit harder. We know this. All the stories I read has Mixon and his crew making fun of the gay guy and the girl coming to his defense and then things escelated when Mixon followed her inside the place. A guy Mixon's size could grab her hands. snatch her by the collar, grab her and tell her to chill the hell out. Clocking her tho?

That's a b!tch move. I don't want that circus show in our facility. Where have I ever defended this man's actions? I haven't. I just don't believe he deserves to be punished for life. And Rhonda Rousey could kill you with ease. So stop with your nonsense. She lays a hand on men, beats them bloody and it's hilarious. It's a sick double standard. Men shouldn't have to take physical assault because the person throwing punches is female. Sorry. Not, saying that they should hit back but the woman and Mixon should have both been arrested. And you have no idea what led up to the incident. You are taking the woman's word for it...of course.

feltdizz
03-24-2017, 03:25 PM
No one was calling for this woman's head, career, or calling her a scumbag for her actions. There doesn't need to be a post. It's understood that men should take women's physical abuse. It's ok for a woman to strike a man. Were there charges filed against this woman?

who said it's OK?

If Mixon never hit her she would look like a POS.

By clocking her he looks worse than she does.

No one said she was in the right and I'm sure she was given the good ole college treatment most women get when they accuse a football star at college of assaulting them.

Not sure why you are acting like women get all the breaks on college campuses when it involves football players.

Mixon had every right to charge this women until he broke her jaw.

Shawn
03-24-2017, 03:28 PM
who said it's OK?

If Mixon never hit her she would look like a POS.

By clocking her he looks worse than she does.

No one said she was in the right and I'm sure she was given the good ole college treatment most women get when they accuse a football star at college of assaulting them.

Not sure why you are acting like women get all the breaks on college campuses when it involves football players.

Mixon had every right to charge this women until he broke her jaw.

And who said it was ok for Mixon to hit a woman? Yet thats what you all keep arguing. Making up stances and debating them. My only point is that you shouldn't punish an isolated incident such as this one for life. That's it. He is talented and worth a first round draft slot by some team.

feltdizz
03-24-2017, 03:30 PM
Where have I ever defended this man's actions? I haven't. I just don't believe he deserves to be punished for life. And Rhonda Rousey could kill you with ease. So stop with your nonsense. She lays a hand on men, beats them bloody and it's hilarious. It's a sick double standard. Men shouldn't have to take physical assault because the person throwing punches is female. Sorry. Not, saying that they should hit back but the woman and Mixon should have both been arrested. And you have no idea what led up to the incident. You are taking the woman's word for it...of course.

I'm taking both their words.

What the hell is this "of course" nonsense?

Just because you like Mixon the player doesn't mean he can't be a scumbag off the field. He admitted he made a mistake. She admitted she made a mistake.

A football player needs to follow a woman and a gay guy inside an establishment to defend himself? Really?

Why did Mixon haul ass out of there after being assaulted?

and no Rhonda Rousey couldn't drop me with ease. My jab is pretty good. Don't believe the ESPN hype.

feltdizz
03-24-2017, 03:31 PM
And who said it was ok for Mixon to hit a woman? Yet thats what you all keep arguing. Making up stances and debating them. My only point is that you shouldn't punish an isolated incident such as this one for life. That's it. He is talented and worth a first round draft slot by some team.

who said Mixon shouldn't get a job in the NFL? I said I don't us to ring that circus to town. He is getting a job. He isn't the first football player to strike a woman and wont be the last... he was just the last one on tape.

lmao... you are making up stances that folks said it was ok to hit a woman. Some of us said it's not ok for him to hit her and we don't want him on our team.

That doesn't mean you said it was ok for him to hit her. My argument is against those who act like her weak azz punches made his punch less evil. That was foul.

I don't understand when guys say it's ok to hit a woman like that to "protect" yourself.

Oviedo
03-24-2017, 04:20 PM
You also have to take into account how this guy might possibly struggle to fit in on the team who drafts him (not just the potential for negative public relations with fans, but actual locker room discord as well). Football is a man's game, and many people feel that the least manly thing a guy could do is punch out a woman. Regardless of the opinions expressed here about how assault goes both ways, some of his future teammates will have seen the video and view that behavior as punk-ass cowardice regardless of any possible instigating factors. Every other player in that locker room has a mother, grandmother, sister, aunt, niece, wife, girlfriend, daughter, etc. and may not agree with the decision to bring this guy aboard.

The "Kapernick Effect." You had better be a HoF player for a team to willingly put up with the sideshow that will accompany a guy like this coming to the team. Kapernick isn't good enough for teams to put up with that crap when you still have competent QBs on the market who are better (Cutler, Fitzpatrick, etc). Likely Mixon won't be good enough for a team to take him early and willingly accept the media circus coming to town.

Quite frankly I think the Steelers as an organization could weather the storm. The Pats could to and IMO will be the ones who take him. I don't want to see the Steelers take him.

RuthlessBurgher
03-24-2017, 04:41 PM
The Pats could to and IMO will be the ones who take him.

He could replace the guy who wasn't drafted after suckerpunching an opposing player when the game was over.

Shawn
03-24-2017, 05:04 PM
who said Mixon shouldn't get a job in the NFL? I said I don't us to ring that circus to town. He is getting a job. He isn't the first football player to strike a woman and wont be the last... he was just the last one on tape.

lmao... you are making up stances that folks said it was ok to hit a woman. Some of us said it's not ok for him to hit her and we don't want him on our team.

That doesn't mean you said it was ok for him to hit her. My argument is against those who act like her weak azz punches made his punch less evil. That was foul.

I don't understand when guys say it's ok to hit a woman like that to "protect" yourself. again you lie and misrepresent what I'm saying. I said if a woman was beating my daughter I don't know what I am capable of. That in no way means it's right. I'm saying I am open to having a breaking point. You know for a fact you don't. Good for you. You must be a real man!

And I don't see anyone here saying his actions were not egregious. No one is saying it was ok...not here at least. So who you debating?

Shawn
03-24-2017, 05:14 PM
The "Kapernick Effect." You had better be a HoF player for a team to willingly put up with the sideshow that will accompany a guy like this coming to the team. Kapernick isn't good enough for teams to put up with that crap when you still have competent QBs on the market who are better (Cutler, Fitzpatrick, etc). Likely Mixon won't be good enough for a team to take him early and willingly accept the media circus coming to town.

Quite frankly I think the Steelers as an organization could weather the storm. The Pats could to and IMO will be the ones who take him. I don't want to see the Steelers take him.

He won't be good enough? Did you mean he would be good enough? If he drops out of the top of the second round I would be shocked.

Real Deal Steel
03-24-2017, 05:15 PM
I too am not defending what he did per say; But the guy has been punished so we all need to move on and stop trying to re-punish the guy.

feltdizz
03-24-2017, 05:19 PM
again you lie and misrepresent what I'm saying. I said if a woman was beating my daughter I don't know what I am capable of. That in no way means it's right. I'm saying I am open to having a breaking point. You know for a fact you don't. Good for you. You must be a real man!

My post reads funny so I can see how you would see it this way.

You keep accusing people of strawmanning you while you strawman all up and down this thread.

No no one said you said it was ok to hit a woman.

I wrapped it it up with not understanding how some people say it's ok to hit a woman in defense. That wasn't directed at you. I meant in general. Once you clock a woman I think the argument asking why she isn't "held to the same standard" goes out the window.

Why the the heck are guys asking why it's ok for women to hit men? Who said it was OK? That's strawmanning IMO.

Point is, you prove men and women aren't the same when you knock her out with one punch. I could see if she was laying haymakers and had him on the ropes. Unless you are in real danger there is no need for a man to clock a woman like that.

Shawn
03-24-2017, 05:21 PM
I too am not defending what he did per say; But the guy has been punished so we all need to move on and stop trying to re-punish the guy. That's my only point. We have high and mighties here sitting in their ivory towers of moral superiority. They toss down judgments on an 18 yo man who made a really bad decision. We like to think our own mistakes "are not as bad as that"...it makes us feel good. We have never broken any woman's jaw so we must be better men. It's a lack of self awareness of the evil that lurks inside every human being. It's ignorance of self and it's not fair to this young man.

feltdizz
03-24-2017, 05:21 PM
I too am not defending what he did per say; But the guy has been punished so we all need to move on and stop trying to re-punish the guy.

says the guy who can't move on from a loss to the Pats.

I kid, I kid... but cmon, actions have consequences and in today's NFL a video like that has to be taken into account. No one is screaming for him to be locked up or banned from the league.

Shawn
03-24-2017, 05:23 PM
My post reads funny so I can see how you would see it this way.

You keep accusing people of strawmanning you while you strawman all up and down this thread.

No no one said you said it was ok to hit a woman.

I wrapped it it up with not understanding how some people say it's ok to hit a woman in defense. That wasn't directed at you. I meant in general. Once you clock a woman I think the argument asking why she isn't "held to the same standard" goes out the window.

Why the the heck are guys asking why it's ok for women to hit men? Who said it was OK? That's strawmanning IMO.

Point is, you prove men and women aren't the same when you knock her out with one punch. I could see if she was laying haymakers and had him on the ropes. Unless you are in real danger there is no need for a man to clock a woman like that.

I haven't strawman'd anything. Your lack of consistency bothers me. Judgments of him but were silent on her. Your silence spoke volumes. They were both equally in the wrong, unfortunately he was capable of much more damage. Men should not be held to a higher standard.

Shawn
03-24-2017, 05:24 PM

I kid, I kid... but cmon, actions have consequences and in today's NFL a video like that has to be taken into account. No one is screaming for him to be locked up or banned from the league. Actually some of the talking heads are...beating a dead horse. They believe he wasn't punished enough and the NFL needs to step in and do something about this evil Mixon guy.

feltdizz
03-24-2017, 05:35 PM
That's my only point. We have high and mighties here sitting in their ivory towers of moral superiority. They toss down judgments on an 18 yo man who made a really bad decision. We like to think our own mistakes "are not as bad as that"...it makes us feel good. We have never broken any woman's jaw so we must be better men. It's a lack of self awareness of the evil that lurks inside every human being. It's ignorance of self and it's not fair to this young man.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... moral superiority? Ivory towers? All because we don't to draft a player who clocked a female?

I think that's a reach. You did the same thing with Manziel. How did that turn out? There is nothing wrong with passing on a questionable player. He has to earn our trust. I prefer someone else take that chance

feltdizz
03-24-2017, 06:01 PM
I haven't strawman'd anything. Your lack of consistency bothers me. Judgments of him but were silent on her. Your silence spoke volumes. They were both equally in the wrong, unfortunately he was capable of much more damage. Men should not be held to a higher standard.

Why shouldn't men be held to a higher standard? That's bull... we are stronger, inflict more pain and get paid more.

Thays crazy talk man.

She was knocked unconscious and had her jaw wired ****. Trust me, she was punished for her actions. My issue with you is this notion that since I haven't condemned her it speaks volumes about me?

Is Mia trying to get drafted? Who cares what her punishment is, she isn't the one trying to get a job in the NFL.

Real Deal Steel
03-24-2017, 06:05 PM

I kid, I kid... but cmon, actions have consequences and in today's NFL a video like that has to be taken into account. No one is screaming for him to be locked up or banned from the league.

Dude, he was punished according to college rules. He was not in the NFL then. Do you know how you sound? Imagine a job re-punishing you for something that happened two years ago at another job that you already got punished for!

Slapstick
03-24-2017, 06:57 PM
Dude, he was punished according to college rules. He was not in the NFL then. Do you know how you sound? Imagine a job re-punishing you for something that happened two years ago at another job that you already got punished for!

I'm pretty sure that no suggested "re-punishing" him...people have simply said that they don't want the Steelers to draft him...some people want to take it further than that, I would suppose, but nobody has stated that the NFL should punish him...only that that tape, like his game tape, will be taken into consideration by NFL teams...

Imagine if you did something stupid on Facebook two years ago and a prospective new employer didn't want to hire you based upon that. Is that so weird?

Mr.wizard
03-24-2017, 06:59 PM

Huh? Are you saying that NFL teams should not take his background into account before hiring him? If his draft status is effected by the incident, then he has nobody to blame but himself.

feltdizz
03-24-2017, 07:01 PM

if I robbed a bank and serve my time I expected be questioned and even passed over for a job. You act like everyone is saying he should be banned from the league. When you have off field issues it moves you down the draft board and some teams won't draft you.

Shawn
03-24-2017, 07:02 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa... moral superiority? Ivory towers? All because we don't to draft a player who clocked a female?

I think that's a reach. You did the same thing with Manziel. How did that turn out? There is nothing wrong with passing on a questionable player. He has to earn our trust. I prefer someone else take that chance Manziel had many issues and run ins. Mixon had one bad event three years ago.

feltdizz
03-24-2017, 07:03 PM
I'm pretty sure that no suggested "re-punishing" him...people have simply said that they don't want the Steelers to draft him...some people want to take it further than that, I would suppose, but nobody has stated that the NFL should punish him...only that that tape, like his game tape, will be taken into consideration by NFL teams...

Imagine if you did something stupid on Facebook two years ago and a prospective new employer didn't want to hire you based upon that. Is that so weird?

well, some fans wanted to trade AB due to FB live... lol.

Mr.wizard
03-24-2017, 07:16 PM
That's my only point. We have high and mighties here sitting in their ivory towers of moral superiority. They toss down judgments on an 18 yo man who made a really bad decision. We like to think our own mistakes "are not as bad as that"...it makes us feel good. We have never broken any woman's jaw so we must be better men. It's a lack of self awareness of the evil that lurks inside every human being. It's ignorance of self and it's not fair to this young man.

Your telling everyone not to judge this guy, telling everyone who doesnt forgive him that they lack self awareness about their own evil, and calling everyone unfair and ignorant. Then you have the balls to talk to us about passing judgement? I don't care if we draft this guy, I don't care if another team drafts him, but dammit I don't have to like him or what he did.

Mr.wizard
03-24-2017, 07:23 PM
Also I don't buy the "he was only 18 when he did it" excuse either, I was 18 once and I never did anything like that or even thought that something like that would be ok. Punching a womanin the face with that kind of force takes a certain mentality that i'm not sure you just out grow.

feltdizz
03-24-2017, 08:02 PM
Your telling everyone not to judge this guy, telling everyone who doesnt forgive him that they lack self awareness about their own evil, and calling everyone unfair and ignorant. Then you have the balls to talk to us about passing judgement? I don't care if we draft this guy, I don't care if another team drafts him, but dammit I don't have to like him or what he did.

from his ivory tower... lol

SteelCrazy
03-24-2017, 08:12 PM
What happened to the case? Is it still pending?

pittpete
03-24-2017, 09:36 PM
well, some fans wanted to trade AB due to FB live... lol.

Not because of FB live.....
Because he had problems with following the rules with his selfishness and immaturity.
I still say we shouldnt have made him the highest paid receiver in the NFL .
Hopefully i'm wrong and we get another ring before his contract runs out.

Mr.wizard
03-24-2017, 10:51 PM
What happened to the case? Is it still pending?

Mixon entered an Alford Plea, which basically means you think that your going to get convicted but you still don't want to admit guilt. He got a one year deferred sentence, no jail time and it won't go on his record. He also got 100 hours community service, he basically got nothing for breaking someone's face.

SteelCrazy
03-24-2017, 11:57 PM
Mixon entered an Alford Plea, which basically means you think that your going to get convicted but you still don't want to admit guilt. He got a one year deferred sentence, no jail time and it won't go on his record. He also got 100 hours community service, he basically got nothing for breaking someone's face.

Case is closed then....Teams will decide his fate. I hold no ill will towards the young man. As disgusting as that obviously was, if we draft him in the 2nd or beyond I'm cool with it. Long yards, short memory....

feltdizz
03-25-2017, 12:01 AM
Not because of FB live.....
Because he had problems with following the rules with his selfishness and immaturity.
I still say we shouldnt have made him the highest paid receiver in the NFL .
Hopefully i'm wrong and we get another ring before his contract runs out.

his talent and contributions outweigh his mistakes. I'm glad our FO rewarded him

Shawn
03-25-2017, 12:02 AM
Mixon entered an Alford Plea, which basically means you think that your going to get convicted but you still don't want to admit guilt. He got a one year deferred sentence, no jail time and it won't go on his record. He also got 100 hours community service, he basically got nothing for breaking someone's face. He also lost a year at OU, millions of dollars, and plenty on the record of public opinion.

Shawn
03-25-2017, 12:06 AM
Your telling everyone not to judge this guy, telling everyone who doesnt forgive him that they lack self awareness about their own evil, and calling everyone unfair and ignorant. Then you have the balls to talk to us about passing judgement? I don't care if we draft this guy, I don't care if another team drafts him, but dammit I don't have to like him or what he did. I do believe it to be judgmental and ignoring your own faults when you want to continually punish a person for wrongs in his past. I'm not trying to take your livelihood, nor talking about the quality of a person you are, nor am I calling you an evil scumbag. These posts are judgmental and coming from a place where you are ignoring your own faults. Yes, I suppose I have the "balls" to talk about you passing judgment about the quality of a man's character based on a youthful ignorant event that happened in isolation three years ago.

Shawn
03-25-2017, 12:08 AM
Also I don't buy the "he was only 18 when he did it" excuse either, I was 18 once and I never did anything like that or even thought that something like that would be ok. Punching a womanin the face with that kind of force takes a certain mentality that i'm not sure you just out grow. Maybe you should go into the priesthood. I did plenty of ignorant things in my youth...things that do not define me as a man today. Thank goodness mine were not plastered all over youtube.

Shawn
03-25-2017, 12:10 AM

Imagine if you did something stupid on Facebook two years ago and a prospective new employer didn't want to hire you based upon that. Is that so weird? That's not true. Are any of you listening to the talking heads? That's exactly what they are talking about. They are saying keeping him out of the combine isnt enough. The NFL needs to send a message. That is exactly what is being called for in the court of public opinion.

Slapstick
03-25-2017, 08:30 AM
That's not true. Are any of you listening to the talking heads? That's exactly what they are talking about. They are saying keeping him out of the combine isnt enough. The NFL needs to send a message. That is exactly what is being called for in the court of public opinion.

No, actually, I don't pay a great deal of attention to the talking heads...I was referring only to the debate within this forum...

Mr.wizard
03-25-2017, 08:42 AM
I do believe it to be judgmental and ignoring your own faults when you want to continually punish a person for wrongs in his past. I'm not trying to take your livelihood, nor talking about the quality of a person you are, nor am I calling you an evil scumbag. These posts are judgmental and coming from a place where you are ignoring your own faults. Yes, I suppose I have the "balls" to talk about you passing judgment about the quality of a man's character based on a youthful ignorant event that happened in isolation three years ago.

I'm not punishing anyone, I'm not taking anyone's livelihood, I'm not ignoring my own faults, and I don't find punching another persons face off to be the result of youthful thinking, you are making a lot of judgments and assumptions also is the point. Making judgments about a persons behavior is how we determine whether or not we like them, and since none of us can see into the future all we have to go on is a persons past. Just because you would prefer to not factor this incident into your judgement of Mixon does not mean that you are taking a correct or noble approach, it's completely subjective.

Mr.wizard
03-25-2017, 08:58 AM
Maybe you should go into the priesthood. I did plenty of ignorant things in my youth...things that do not define me as a man today. Thank goodness mine were not plastered all over youtube.

I did plenty of dumb things in my youth too, but when it comes to punching women my thinking is the same.

Shawn
03-25-2017, 10:30 AM
I'm not punishing anyone, I'm not taking anyone's livelihood, I'm not ignoring my own faults, and I don't find punching another persons face off to be the result of youthful thinking, you are making a lot of judgments and assumptions also is the point. Making judgments about a persons behavior is how we determine whether or not we like them, and since none of us can see into the future all we have to go on is a persons past. Just because you would prefer to not factor this incident into your judgement of Mixon does not mean that you are taking a correct or noble approach, it's completely subjective.

Of course I'm making judgments. That's our job as human beings...reason, intellect, judging situations and even people. It's what the law is for and a founding principle of social interactions. If you believe my stance is we shouldn't judge anyone or anything for anything for any reason then you have misunderstood my intent.

When it comes to judging people, crime, character, etc. I look for recidivism, I look for a lack of remorse, and I ask if the punishment fit the crime. When judging the quality of someones character I do try to give some grace because I want it to be given to me. Most of us (maybe all but you) have done things if looked at in isolation could make us look like evil douchebags. I'm willing to give Mixon credit of the doubt though his action was heinous. I'm willing to do so because he showed remorse, paid a heavy price, didn't repeat offense, hasn't been in trouble before or since...and MOST importantly I don't know him personally. Maybe this is just me, I take passing judgments on someones character as something that needs to be approached with caution. But, hey that's obviously just me.

steelerkeylargo
03-25-2017, 11:09 AM

I couldn't agree more. I've seen every snap this young man has taken, and met him at the Ohio St. game this past year. Besides being a dynamic football player and without a doubt the best overall RB, he is a humble yet quirky kid. Slightly socially awkward. I am not sure we can invest a high round pick on him considering we have Bell, but he will be an awesome rb in the pro's. I think a guy like Samaje Perine, Mixon's backfield mate makes better sense for us in that 3-4 round area.

Shawn
03-25-2017, 11:38 AM
I couldn't agree more. I've seen every snap this young man has taken, and met him at the Ohio St. game this past year. Besides being a dynamic football player and without a doubt the best overall RB, he is a humble yet quirky kid. Slightly socially awkward. I am not sure we can invest a high round pick on him considering we have Bell, but he will be an awesome rb in the pro's. I think a guy like Samaje Perine, Mixon's backfield mate makes better sense for us in that 3-4 round area. Good to get your take on Mixon as I know you see more football than most of us. Let me ask you about Perine. His running intrigues me in one sense. I haven't seen that kind of power running for many years. But, he appears slow afoot, struggles maintaining his feet with cuts, and has questionable speed to make any team respect the edges. What role do you see him playing with the Steelers? Pure spell, goaline? Or do you believe he can be a feature back.

Real Deal Steel
03-25-2017, 12:34 PM
Perine is high on Reggie McKenzie's list. And McKenzie has been a top 3 gm in bringing the Raiders back from the dead.

steelerkeylargo
03-25-2017, 12:34 PM
Good to get your take on Mixon as I know you see more football than most of us. Let me ask you about Perine. His running intrigues me in one sense. I haven't seen that kind of power running for many years. But, he appears slow afoot, struggles maintaining his feet with cuts, and has questionable speed to make any team respect the edges. What role do you see him playing with the Steelers? Pure spell, goaline? Or do you believe he can be a feature back.

What Perine lacks in speed he makes up for in burst and power. He is a MAN. I think his style is in direct contrast with Bell. Get em thinking one style and then Perine comes in with the hammer. Reminds me very much of Natrone Means. He will hit the hole all day long! Mixon saved him some wear and tear last year. I think he'd make an awesome Steeler. Great kid too.

Real Deal Steel
03-25-2017, 12:36 PM
What are your thoughts on Jamaal Williams from Brigham Young?

steelerkeylargo
03-25-2017, 01:00 PM
What are your thoughts on Jamaal Williams from Brigham Young?

Very upright runner. Almost Dickerson like. I like him. Has nice lateral ability and speed.

Shawn
03-25-2017, 02:05 PM
What Perine lacks in speed he makes up for in burst and power. He is a MAN. I think his style is in direct contrast with Bell. Get em thinking one style and then Perine comes in with the hammer. Reminds me very much of Natrone Means. He will hit the hole all day long! Mixon saved him some wear and tear last year. I think he'd make an awesome Steeler. Great kid too. Natrone Means is a very good comparison. I was going to say LaGarette Blunt but I think Means is a better comparison. But, both LaGarette Blunt and Means are faster backs. I may be incorrect but I thought Means was a 4.5 guy. I will say Perine is intriguing but I wouldn't be looking for a complement to Bell. I would be looking for another Bell...a guy who you can plug into your O and not have to change what you do. I don't see much upside with a guy like Perine other than using him to beat up on defenses late in a game. Maybe this is just me but I believe Bell is a goaline back and I would rather have him in there more than anyone. So, I'm not sure a pure powerback would make the Steelers better but he sure would be fun to watch.

Eddie Spaghetti
03-25-2017, 02:27 PM
if mixon is there in the 3rd, take him

we aren't drafting for choir practice

steelerkeylargo
03-25-2017, 05:44 PM
if mixon is there in the 3rd, take him

we aren't drafting for choir practice

zero chance of that

steelerkeylargo
03-25-2017, 05:51 PM
Natrone Means is a very good comparison. I was going to say LaGarette Blunt but I think Means is a better comparison. But, both LaGarette Blunt and Means are faster backs. I may be incorrect but I thought Means was a 4.5 guy. I will say Perine is intriguing but I wouldn't be looking for a complement to Bell. I would be looking for another Bell...a guy who you can plug into your O and not have to change what you do. I don't see much upside with a guy like Perine other than using him to beat up on defenses late in a game. Maybe this is just me but I believe Bell is a goaline back and I would rather have him in there more than anyone. So, I'm not sure a pure powerback would make the Steelers better but he sure would be fun to watch.

Not sure how I would find Means 40 time, without talking to some scouts from then. Blount ran 4.59 and Perine 4.65. But on the hoof, thats the comparison I see. I like the point about another Bell, and I will tell you that Mixon is the closest thing to him.

RuthlessBurgher
03-25-2017, 05:54 PM
Christian​ McCaffrey is Diet Le'Veon Bell. Patience as a runner, quality hands, wideout-level route running ability, albeit in a much smaller package.

Shawn
03-26-2017, 10:20 AM
I like McCaffrey alot. I believe he is the truth.

steelerkeylargo
03-26-2017, 11:54 AM
Christian​ McCaffrey is Diet Le'Veon Bell. Patience as a runner, quality hands, wideout-level route running ability, albeit in a much smaller package.

i would say more Darin Sproles

Real Deal Steel
03-26-2017, 12:33 PM
Thank God that we'll never know.

steelerkeylargo
03-26-2017, 12:49 PM
BTW. You won't see this reported by the 4 letter or any other big stations, but Joe Mixon hosted hundreds of you Oklahoma and Texas football players this weekend at Joe Mixon's Life Camp. Where he not only coached football but spoke to the young kids about staying out of trouble (like the kind he got in).

feltdizz
03-26-2017, 01:20 PM
BTW. You won't see this reported by the 4 letter or any other big stations, but Joe Mixon hosted hundreds of you Oklahoma and Texas football players this weekend at Joe Mixon's Life Camp. Where he not only coached football but spoke to the young kids about staying out of trouble (like the kind he got in).

that's awesome. Great idea. Even if it wasn't his idea... I'll never knock a guy for giving back.

Well, as long as it isn't Jameis Winston giving a speech... lol.

squidkid
03-26-2017, 05:41 PM

does he smoke dope and get injured often?

RuthlessBurgher
03-29-2017, 10:22 AM
Report: Patriots will not consider drafting Joe Mixon
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 29, 2017, 6:18 AM EDT

Oklahoma running back Joe Mixon is the most controversial player in this year’s draft, a first-round talent who was caught on tape hitting a woman in an incident every bit as ugly as the one that ended Ray Rice’s career.

Some teams have confirmed, however, that they’re still considering drafting Mixon. Other teams won’t give him a thought. We can add the Patriots to that latter group.

According to the Boston Herald, the Patriots absolutely will not even consider drafting Mixon.

That means the Patriots will join the Dolphins, who also have reportedly decided they don’t want Mixon and his baggage on their team.

But for Mixon, all it takes is one team willing to overlook his past in favor of his future. There will surely be at least once such team, even if many others think he’s more trouble than he’s worth.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/29/report-patriots-have-taken-joe-mixon-off-their-draft-board/

SteelerOfDeVille
03-29-2017, 11:04 AM
From what i saw from the video. The blow didn't look forceful enough to knock her out.
I think her hitting the table was what did the most damage.
Still not right, but I don't think he was looking to end her with a kill shot

PS. I also think he'll be taken off our board so I doubt we take him anywhere in the draftI'm way late to this thread, but, 100% agree.

What I'll add (that i've added a couple of times) is that SHE hit him FIRST. I think the kids punishment has been a bit harsh - technically, that's assault.

If *I* did to *shawn* what she did to Joe, no one would care if shawn decked me - especially with a half-effort punch.

people should keep their hands to themselves - and if they don't, they should come to expect the consequences that go with hitting someone.

Saying all this, he wouldn't come off MY board, at all.

SteelerOfDeVille
03-29-2017, 11:31 AM
I think most would agree that Rhonda Rousey could literally kill anyone here...most likely 2-3 of us at a time. She is an Olympic trained weapon. Yet, when she threw a womans boot across a movie theater, womans BF steps in and she nearly beats him and his buddy so bad they file charges...we laugh and laud her toughness. The double standard needs to stop. It's not about man or woman, its about assault. It's about laying hands on another human being.
that's not true. it's COMPLETELY about a woman. she hit him, he retaliated. the law he broke was "hitting a woman". IMO, she's the one who should be facing assault charges. And if she were a guy, he'd have a case.

feltdizz
03-29-2017, 12:05 PM
that's not true. it's COMPLETELY about a woman. she hit him, he retaliated. the law he broke was "hitting a woman". IMO, she's the one who should be facing assault charges. And if she were a guy, he'd have a case.

She isn't a he... so deal with it. You can't go around knocking women out because they hit you first.

You guys are awful.

feltdizz
03-29-2017, 12:09 PM
One other thing, the Rhonda Rousey story is a lie. Have any of you seen the movie Juno? No way it was a packed movie theatre for that mess of a movie.

Its one of those folklore stories that made people think she could actually beat guys up because she dropped a few women in dramatic fashion before the sport took off.

Real Deal Steel
03-29-2017, 01:15 PM
She isn't a he... so deal with it. You can't go around knocking women out because they hit you first.

You guys are awful.

So your saying it's okay if a women cold cocks you; because she's a women you shouldn't hit her back?

SteelerOfDeVille
03-29-2017, 01:28 PM

You guys are awful. i didn't say i WOULD hit a woman. i was raised not to - and my 13 year old son has been raised the same way.

However, i'm very surprised that people are making this seem like an unprompted punch. it was a retaliation (i.e., someone hit him first). it's VERY different, IMO. THAT is personal belief and to an extent, character (depending on how you were raised). It's not LAW that you can retaliate, but, only if it's not a woman.

i know, that take is raw and will likely be unpopular, but, it's true.

squidkid
03-29-2017, 02:05 PM

more than likely just damage control before the draft

Sugar
03-29-2017, 04:08 PM

You guys are awful. Um, yeah, you can.

feltdizz
03-29-2017, 06:20 PM
So your saying it's okay if a women cold cocks you; because she's a women you shouldn't hit her back?

No, I never said it was OK. Why do you guys keep doing that? Lol...

im saying it's not OK to knock a woman out if she hits you. If a woman walked up and smacked me I'm going to restrain her, unless it's She-Ra or Wonder Woman more than likely I can stop her from hitting me without throwing a haymaker.

Im not against shaking the sh!t out of her or tossing her to the ground but a closed fist or a smack is a bad look. I would have to fear for my life to hit a woman like that.

feltdizz
03-29-2017, 06:21 PM
Um, yeah, you can.

and you can also sit in jail until you make bail.

feltdizz
03-29-2017, 06:25 PM
i didn't say i WOULD hit a woman. i was raised not to - and my 13 year old son has been raised the same way.

However, i'm very surprised that people are making this seem like an unprompted punch. it was a retaliation (i.e., someone hit him first). it's VERY different, IMO. THAT is personal belief and to an extent, character (depending on how you were raised). It's not LAW that you can retaliate, but, only if it's not a woman.

i know, that take is raw and will likely be unpopular, but, it's true.

i don't think anyone is acting as though she didn't hit him first.

Ray Rice was hit first and spit on and how did that work out for him?

You cant knock a woman out and win the PR debate. Sorry, hitting people has consequences. She got knocked out and he will probably lose a few million due to his draft stock falling.

Also. She didn't follow him and hit him.. he followed her into the restaurant to confront her.

Real Deal Steel
03-29-2017, 06:56 PM
I've never seen this many teams walk into a draft with no starting runningback;A sign of desperation to me that says he's going to go in the second round at the latest. If the Browns take him in round two , the kid will have my deepest condolences. Lol

Mr.wizard
03-29-2017, 07:20 PM
The difference is the amount of force being delivered, she hit him with enough force to annoy him and he hit her with enough force to kill her. He is lucky that the punch landed on her jaw and not the side of her head. To hit a woman that hard is completely unnecessary, he could of walked away, he could of pushed her away, he could of grabbed her arms. He didn't have to punch her, he chose to punch her and now he has to deal with the consequences.

BradshawsHairdresser
03-29-2017, 07:48 PM
The difference is the amount of force being delivered, she hit him with enough force to annoy him and he hit her with enough force to kill her. He is lucky that the punch landed on her jaw and not the side of her head. To hit a woman that hard is completely unnecessary, he could of walked away, he could of pushed her away, he could of grabbed her arms. He didn't have to punch her, he chose to punch her and now he has to deal with the consequences.
But the Steelers don't have to. Hope they stay away from this one.

Shawn
03-29-2017, 10:45 PM
No, I never said it was OK. Why do you guys keep doing that? Lol...

im saying it's not OK to knock a woman out if she hits you. If a woman walked up and smacked me I'm going to restrain her, unless it's She-Ra or Wonder Woman more than likely I can stop her from hitting me without throwing a haymaker.

Im not against shaking the sh!t out of her or tossing her to the ground but a closed fist or a smack is a bad look. I would have to fear for my life to hit a woman like that. May I ask why you are creating scenarios where it's ok to hit a woman?

feltdizz
03-29-2017, 11:11 PM
May I ask why you are creating scenarios where it's ok to hit a woman?

No you may not

Shawn
03-29-2017, 11:18 PM
No you may not lol come on now. You walked right into it.

buccoray61
03-30-2017, 04:57 AM
The Boston Hearld has reported that the Pats have taken Nixon off their draft board.

feltdizz
03-30-2017, 06:54 AM
lol come on now. You walked right into it.

Turrible. Just turrible

RuthlessBurgher
03-30-2017, 10:04 AM
The Boston Hearld has reported that the Pats have taken Nixon off their draft board.

He responded to this news by proclaiming, "I am not a crook."

BradshawsHairdresser
03-30-2017, 10:14 AM
In other news, they've also eliminated Reagan and Eisenhower from consideration.

SteelerOfDeVille
03-30-2017, 10:58 AM
Sorry, hitting people has consequences.
not for her, it didn't

RuthlessBurgher
03-30-2017, 12:18 PM
not for her, it didn't

New England doesn't want to draft her either. ;)

feltdizz
03-30-2017, 12:30 PM
not for her, it didn't

watch the tape again.

SteelerOfDeVille
03-30-2017, 01:40 PM
he hit her with enough force to kill her.
kill? seriously? I've been punched much harder than that, square in the face. the table did the damage to her than the punch did.

SteelerOfDeVille
03-30-2017, 01:42 PM
watch the tape again.what's the date for HER assault trial?

Real Deal Steel
03-30-2017, 03:31 PM
what's the date for HER assault trial?

Hahaha...point made.

Just saw that Mixon is still on the Chargers draft board.

Oviedo
03-30-2017, 03:38 PM
Hahaha...point made.

Just saw that Mixon is still on the Chargers draft board.

Chargers are so desperate everyone should be on their board.

They have 3 other teams in their division all better than them and moving to a new market desperate for attention to attract fans. However, Mixon-like attention probably isn't what you want unless you want to appeal to the "gang banger' fan base in LA.

Real Deal Steel
03-30-2017, 04:32 PM
Chargers are so desperate everyone should be on their board.

They have 3 other teams in their division all better than them and moving to a new market desperate for attention to attract fans. However, Mixon-like attention probably isn't what you want unless you want to appeal to the "gang banger' fan base in LA.

Wow..such venom on a person who has already been punished and served his time. Tough crowd around here.

feltdizz
03-30-2017, 08:35 PM
what's the date for HER assault trial?

wow, you are one soft man.

Shawn
03-30-2017, 10:21 PM
That's what you fail to understand Dizz. You fall in line with the general thought that it's ok for a woman to lay hands on a man. If you object to this notion then you are "soft". A man should just look past this and allow a woman to violate him. It's about mutual respect and that isn't limited to sex. It's not ok for a man to lay hands on a woman and it's not ok to lay hands on a man. Have you ever been hit by a woman? I know I have, and can tell you that it doesn't hurt physically. It's an assault to your manhood. When a woman decides to get physical with a man she is saying I don't respect you as a person or a man. You are a punk. And that will fire up the most understanding of men. She took it to that level with a young man who's brain hadn't completely formed. He reacted poorly and out of anger due to that assault. He should have restrained her or walked away but he didn't. What I know is he wouldn't be in this situation had she not laid hands on him first. He is still paying for it. I'm sure that pleases this woman a great deal.

Slapstick
03-31-2017, 07:53 AM
It isn't that he's a man...he is a professional caliber athlete weighing in at over 225 lbs.

His reaction was far disproportionate to the hurt that she supplied...right or wrong, it was nowhere close to a fair fight.

She is wrong for laying hands on him...he is even worse for figuratively using a bazooka to kill a roach.

feltdizz
03-31-2017, 09:55 AM
That's what you fail to understand Dizz. You fall in line with the general thought that it's ok for a woman to lay hands on a man. If you object to this notion then you are "soft". A man should just look past this and allow a woman to violate him. It's about mutual respect and that isn't limited to sex. It's not ok for a man to lay hands on a woman and it's not ok to lay hands on a man. Have you ever been hit by a woman? I know I have, and can tell you that it doesn't hurt physically. It's an assault to your manhood. When a woman decides to get physical with a man she is saying I don't respect you as a person or a man. You are a punk. And that will fire up the most understanding of men. She took it to that level with a young man who's brain hadn't completely formed. He reacted poorly and out of anger due to that assault. He should have restrained her or walked away but he didn't. What I know is he wouldn't be in this situation had she not laid hands on him first. He is still paying for it. I'm sure that pleases this woman a great deal.

Hes still paying for it because you care about his future. You don't care about her future.

I think any man who ask what her punishment is after seeing her laid out by an NFL prospect is a soft dude... also add bitter and pathetic as well.

I bet you don't even know her name without googling her. She may be struggling to find work as well but since we only care about the NFL draft we will never know.

RuthlessBurgher
03-31-2017, 10:18 AM
She took it to that level with a young man who's brain hadn't completely formed.

C'mon man...seriously? We aren't talking about a 4 year old little preschool Joey lashing out when some girl in pigtails takes away his toy truck here. Dude was old enough to vote. Old enough to serve his country in the military. Sorry, but the "brain hadn't completely formed" excuse is not admissible here, your honor...

feltdizz
03-31-2017, 11:54 AM
C'mon man...seriously? We aren't talking about a 4 year old little preschool Joey lashing out when some girl in pigtails takes away his toy truck here. Dude was old enough to vote. Old enough to serve his country in the military. Sorry, but the "brain hadn't completely formed" excuse is not admissible here, your honor...

He's trying... lol

Shawn
03-31-2017, 02:51 PM
Hes still paying for it because you care about his future. You don't care about her future.

I think any man who ask what her punishment is after seeing her laid out by an NFL prospect is a soft dude... also add bitter and pathetic as well.

I bet you don't even know her name without googling her. She may be struggling to find work as well but since we only care about the NFL draft we will never know. lol...feltdizz thinks I'm soft. I'm crushed. I may not recover. Now that you have decided to take this conversation to personal attacks, let me add I believe your stance is ignorant. You may very well be sharp but many of your stances are without intellectual merit. Second, you have no idea how I feel about this woman, and no I don't know her name. Should I? The initiator of this attack was able to violate the law without legal recourse. Isn't that the case with most news? We know the names that mean something to us? Do you memorize the names and stories and do follow up concern calls to these people? Of course you don't. You take nonsensical stances. You engaged hypocricy when you condemned me for doing the same thing you did later by making up and excuse where hitting a woman is ok. To me thats soft...at the very least soft in the head.

Shawn
03-31-2017, 02:54 PM
C'mon man...seriously? We aren't talking about a 4 year old little preschool Joey lashing out when some girl in pigtails takes away his toy truck here. Dude was old enough to vote. Old enough to serve his country in the military. Sorry, but the "brain hadn't completely formed" excuse is not admissible here, your honor... What's her excuse? And you are educated enough to know an 18 year olds ability to not react impulsively isn't the same as a 30 year olds. It's not an excuse just a reality.

Shawn
03-31-2017, 02:55 PM
It isn't that he's a man...he is a professional caliber athlete weighing in at over 225 lbs.

His reaction was far disproportionate to the hurt that she supplied...right or wrong, it was nowhere close to a fair fight.

She is wrong for laying hands on him...he is even worse for figuratively using a bazooka to kill a roach. If she didn't want a physical altercation then why did SHE take it to that level? Again, you all condemn HIM but not HER. Just because she is less able to inflict harm shouldn't make her any less culpable in the eyes of the law. I personally think they should have both gotten time for this altercation.

feltdizz
03-31-2017, 03:04 PM
lol...feltdizz thinks I'm soft. I'm crushed. I may not recover. Now that you have decided to take this conversation to personal attacks, let me add I believe your stance is ignorant. You may very well be sharp but many of your stances are without intellectual merit. Second, you have no idea how I feel about this woman, and no I don't know her name. Should I? The initiator of this attack was able to violate the law without legal recourse. Isn't that the case with most news? We know the names that mean something to us? Do you memorize the names and stories and do follow up concern calls to these people? Of course you don't. You take nonsensical stances. You engaged hypocricy when you condemned me for doing the same thing you did later by making up and excuse where hitting a woman is ok. To me thats soft...at the very least soft in the head.

you and others asked if she was being "punished" like Mixon. You don't care enough to find out because you don't care about what happens in her professional life from here on out. Why ask a question if you haven't done the research to find out how she feels about this incident?

We have know idea if she is still being punished or passed over for gigs due to this incident.

Yet, guys like you ask because you think Mixon is being treated unfairly.

That's certainly not the case. He knew when he signed up to play football at OU he would be held to a different standard. He made a mistake and is paying the consequences.

Now all of a sudden his brain hasn't fully developed. Aren't they roughly the same age? I guess her brain hadn't fully developed either.

feltdizz
03-31-2017, 03:06 PM
What's her excuse? And you are educated enough to know an 18 year olds ability to not react impulsively isn't the same as a 30 year olds. It's not an excuse just a reality.

what's her excuse?

Her brain hadn't developed :p

Shawn
03-31-2017, 03:14 PM
you and others asked if she was being "punished" like Mixon. You don't care enough to find out because you don't care about what happens in her professional life from here on out. Why ask a question if you haven't done the research to find out how she feels about this incident?

We have know idea if she is still being punished or passed over for gigs due to this incident.

Yet, guys like you ask because you think Mixon is being treated unfairly.

That's certainly not the case. He knew when he signed up to play football at OU he would be held to a different standard. He made a mistake and is paying the consequences.

Now all of a sudden his brain hasn't fully developed. Aren't they roughly the same age? I guess her brain hadn't fully developed either. I know the answer...it was rhetorical...nothing was done legally speaking. And based on the general consensus she was a helpless victim in all of this so I'm fairly sure she is doing ok.

Shawn
03-31-2017, 03:14 PM
what's her excuse?

Her brain hadn't developed :p It's not an excuse for either. Just reality. Two young idiots hitting each other. Both should have been arrested and jailed.

feltdizz
03-31-2017, 03:46 PM
It's not an excuse for either. Just reality. Two young idiots hitting each other. Both should have been arrested and jailed.

I don't think anyone should be in jail over this. There are already too many people in jail as it is.

I think both have been punished. Unfortunately for Mixon he had more to lose but that's how life works. When you have a full ride and NFL in your future you have to think thrice before making life changing decisions.

This will cost him some money but he should be a better person in the long run. He's lucky it happened in college and not the first year in the NFL.

Mr.wizard
03-31-2017, 03:50 PM
If she didn't want a physical altercation then why did SHE take it to that level? Again, you all condemn HIM but not HER. Just because she is less able to inflict harm shouldn't make her any less culpable in the eyes of the law. I personally think they should have both gotten time for this altercation.

Mixon was charged with a misdemeanor, acts resulting in gross injury. She wasn't charged with that because her acts didn't result in gross injury. So to answer your question, yes, because she is unable to inflict as much harm it makes her less culpable in the eyes of the law. As well it should, there is a huge difference between what she did to him and what he did to her.

SS Laser
03-31-2017, 04:02 PM
My quick perspective is he did not have to be in that situation. Should have been aware to not get into that situation with a women. But I suspect he was the instigator or bully in this situation and she was just standing her ground. There was more going on before he walked into the building with video. Stupid is as stupid does. You act more stupid then the other person and have more to lose you pay a bigger price for being stupid.

feltdizz
03-31-2017, 04:10 PM
My quick perspective is he did not have to be in that situation. Should have been aware to not get into that situation with a women. But I suspect he was the instigator or bully in this situation and she was just standing her ground. There was more going on before he walked into the building with video. Stupid is as stupid does. You act more stupid then the other person and have more to lose you pay a bigger price for being stupid.

Exactly, regardless of the words exchanged outside he should have never gone inside to confront her. Its a no win situation to argue with a woman in public. No matter how it ends you will look like an azz.

Shawn
03-31-2017, 04:55 PM
I don't think anyone should be in jail over this. There are already too many people in jail as it is.

I think both have been punished. Unfortunately for Mixon he had more to lose but that's how life works. When you have a full ride and NFL in your future you have to think thrice before making life changing decisions.

This will cost him some money but he should be a better person in the long run. He's lucky it happened in college and not the first year in the NFL. I can agree with most of this.

Shawn
03-31-2017, 04:56 PM
My quick perspective is he did not have to be in that situation. Should have been aware to not get into that situation with a women. But I suspect he was the instigator or bully in this situation and she was just standing her ground. There was more going on before he walked into the building with video. Stupid is as stupid does. You act more stupid then the other person and have more to lose you pay a bigger price for being stupid. I agree with this 100%.

NorthCoast
03-31-2017, 07:10 PM
I agree with this 100%.I guess "turn the other cheek" is no longer in vogue with the young generation. It amazes me sometimes how people react to the words of others.

Slapstick
03-31-2017, 07:35 PM
I guess "turn the other cheek" is no longer in vogue with the young generation. It amazes me sometimes how people react to the words of others.

No, I can assure you that it is not in vogue at all. And I can also say that restraint is not a big thing either...

BradshawsHairdresser
03-31-2017, 07:50 PM
I guess "turn the other cheek" is no longer in vogue with the young generation. It amazes me sometimes how people react to the words of others.
+1

(10 characters)

Shawn
03-31-2017, 07:50 PM
Instant gratification, 3 second clip society with little self control.

BradshawsHairdresser
03-31-2017, 07:52 PM
Instant gratification, 3 second clip society with little self control.
And it's not just the younger generation.

Real Deal Steel
04-18-2017, 11:49 AM
Profootballtalk's Mike Florio passes along "palpable buzz" that Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon "could linger much longer than expected" in the NFL draft.
Per Florio, "multiple league sources who have investigated the situation believe that Mixon may be waiting beyond round two or three." Another source "suggested" to Florio that "Mixon possibly won't be drafted at all." NFL.com analyst and longtime league insider Gil Brandt recently posted a ranking of this year's top-150 draft prospects, and Mixon wasn't included. The draftnik community has seemed convinced Mixon will be drafted early in the second round.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

Real Deal Steel
04-18-2017, 11:50 AM
If Mixon is sitting there in round 5, would you take him?

feltdizz
04-18-2017, 12:53 PM
If Mixon is sitting there in round 5, would you take him?

that's a tough one...

you know all you would see is the replay of him punching that girl over and over again for the first year.

Real Deal Steel
04-18-2017, 01:46 PM
I'd have to take him.

The guy was punished; has done hours of community service and speaks openly about his mistake. How long can you keep punishing a guy?

BradshawsHairdresser
04-18-2017, 02:04 PM
I'd have to take him.

The guy was punished; has done hours of community service and speaks openly about his mistake. How long can you keep punishing a guy?

A long time. See Ray Rice.

Real Deal Steel
04-18-2017, 02:16 PM
Nawwwwwww..

This guy Mixon is arguably the best runningback in the draft. Unlike Rice who's skill set was on the decline before the suspension. If Mixon is sitting there for us in round 5, you pull the trigger and continue to have him do his community work and speaking out against domestic abuse.

feltdizz
04-18-2017, 02:17 PM
I'd have to take him.

uhhh... FOREVER

RuthlessBurgher
04-18-2017, 02:17 PM
I'd have to take him.

The league doesn't owe him anything.

Is the league "punishing" Sidney Jones if he doesn't get picked early after blowing out his Achilles?

Is the league "punishing" Teez Tabor if he doesn't get picked early after running a slow 40 time?

Each team has to decide for themselves when it is their turn to pick which players' positive attributes and negative attributes balance out to give them the most beneficial addition to their team's current roster.

Mixon has a lot of positive attributes as a runner but everyone has to decide how heavy that negative attribute is...for some teams it will never balance out...that's their prerogative. Another team may see what K.C. did last year getting Tyreek Hill in the 5th round and finds a spot in the draft where the positives just might outweigh the negatives.

If John Hinckley comes into your office and applies for a job, do you have to grant him one? After all, he served his time and how long can you keep punishing a guy? Just sayin...

feltdizz
04-18-2017, 02:19 PM
The league doesn't owe him anything.

Is the league "punishing" Sidney Jones if he doesn't get picked early after blowing out his Achilles?

Is the league "punishing" Teez Tabor if he doesn't get picked early after running a slow 40 time?

Each team has to decide for themselves when it is their turn to pick which players' positive attributes and negative attributes balance out to give them the most beneficial addition to their team's current roster.

Mixon has a lot of positive attributes as a runner but everyone has to decide how heavy that negative attribute is...for some teams it will never balance out...that's their prerogative. Another team may see what K.C. did last year getting Tyreek Hill in the 5th round and finds a spot in the draft where the positives just might outweigh the negatives.

If John Hinckley comes into your office and applies for a job, do you have to grant him one? After all, he served his time and how long can you keep punishing a guy? Just sayin...

yes, it's a privilege.

Shawn
04-18-2017, 03:06 PM
If Mixon is sitting there in round 5, would you take him? lol...if he is sitting at the end of the second I would run to the podium. He won't make it out of the second round.

Sugar
04-18-2017, 03:11 PM
If Mixon is sitting there in round 5, would you take him? No. The Steelers have bigger needs than backup RB.

Real Deal Steel
04-18-2017, 03:53 PM
Really? You would think by round five the red alert needs would be addressed. Bell hasn't finished a season healthy yet! So we getting a legit backup that allows us to still run the ball is a need.

feltdizz
04-18-2017, 07:18 PM
Really? You would think by round five the red alert needs would be addressed. Bell hasn't finished a season healthy yet! So we getting a legit backup that allows us to still run the ball is a need.

If he is there in the 5th we more than likely already drafted a RB we liked more than Mixon.

Shawn
04-19-2017, 08:42 AM
No one with that much talent falls to the 5th.

RuthlessBurgher
04-19-2017, 10:52 AM
Allegation against Joe Mixon from high school could affect draft stock
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 19, 2017, 9:18 AM EDT

Oklahoma running back Joe Mixon is the most polarizing player in this year’s draft, a first-round talent who punched a woman while he was in college, an ugly incident that was caught on tape. But that may not be the only allegation of violence against a female that has teams concerned about Mixon.

Longtime personnel evaluator Gil Brandt, who kept Mixon off his list of the Top 150 prospects in this year’s draft, said today on PFT Live that a high school incident is of concern as well.

“I just wouldn’t draft him,” Brandt said of Mixon. “His problems started back in high school.”

Although the incident has been largely overlooked, a man named Anthony Hernandez alleged that Mixon punched his daughter in high school.

“I know for a fact he threw my daughter to the ground and hit her. I went to the school and . . . they hid him in the office. He got no punishment. The police even came. I was escorted off the campus as if I did something wrong. These are simply the facts, he’s a woman beater,” Hernandez said in a report read by the lawyer for Amelia Molitor, the victim in Mixon’s highly publicized incident at Oklahoma.

Mixon has denied hitting any other women and was not charged in connection with the alleged incident in high school.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/19/allegation-against-joe-mixon-from-high-school-could-affect-draft-stock/

SteelerOfDeVille
04-19-2017, 10:53 AM
No. The Steelers have bigger needs than backup RB.
Bell would be a pretty good backup, tho...

:stirpot

Real Deal Steel
04-19-2017, 11:00 AM
The guy was punished. This continually after someone after they've been properly punished is over the top to me. If he were a guy who was a non-athlete, the need for continual punishment wouldn't be here. This continual need to punish someone is because he's an athlete. And it's ridiculous.

He has done and is doing all he can humanly do to rectify the situation. He didn't kill someone. No excuses for what he did...it was wrong as two left shoes but to not want the kid to rightfully be able to earn a living is crazy too. I thought along with being properly punished we were suppose to rehabilitate too. But it seems that people only want to punish and rehabilitation be damned.

RuthlessBurgher
04-19-2017, 11:16 AM
The guy was punished. This continually after someone after they've been properly punished is over the top to me. If he were a guy who was a non-athlete, the need for continual punishment wouldn't be here. This continual need to punish someone is because he's an athlete. And it's ridiculous.

He has done and is doing all he can humanly do to rectify the situation. He didn't kill someone. No excuses for what he did...it was wrong as two left shoes but to not want the kid to rightfully be able to earn a living is crazy too. I thought along with being properly punished we were suppose to rehabilitate too. But it seems that people only want to punish and rehabilitation be damned.
No one is preventing the guy from earning a living. An NFL job is a privilege given only to a select few, not a right that this kid is owed. But certain organizations who draft a RB next week may decide that a different guy would be a better fit on their team. Personally, I would address other needs with my early picks before considering RB options in the mid rounds. And in the 4th or 5th round, I'd rather take a kid like James Conner who kicked cancer's ass than a thug who kicked a woman's ass. But that's just me.

Real Deal Steel
04-19-2017, 11:25 AM
No one is preventing the guy from earning a living. An NFL job is a privilege given only to a select few, not a right that this kid is owed. But certain organizations who draft a RB next week may decide that a different guy would be a better fit on their team. Personally, I would address other needs with my early picks before considering RB options in the mid rounds. And in the 4th or 5th round, I'd rather take a kid like James Conner who kicked cancer's ass than a thug who kicked a woman's ass. But that's just me.

I hear you.

To me, I see a different standard for some then others. People like Robert Downey Jr. get second, third and fourth chances at fixing their lives and then others don't.

I hope the kid gets a chance to get drafted in the second round at least.

Real Deal Steel
04-19-2017, 11:35 AM
Allegation against Joe Mixon from high school could affect draft stock
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 19, 2017, 9:18 AM EDT

Oklahoma running back Joe Mixon is the most polarizing player in this year’s draft, a first-round talent who punched a woman while he was in college, an ugly incident that was caught on tape. But that may not be the only allegation of violence against a female that has teams concerned about Mixon.

Longtime personnel evaluator Gil Brandt, who kept Mixon off his list of the Top 150 prospects in this year’s draft, said today on PFT Live that a high school incident is of concern as well.

“I just wouldn’t draft him,” Brandt said of Mixon. “His problems started back in high school.”

Although the incident has been largely overlooked, a man named Anthony Hernandez alleged that Mixon punched his daughter in high school.

“I know for a fact he threw my daughter to the ground and hit her. I went to the school and . . . they hid him in the office. He got no punishment. The police even came. I was escorted off the campus as if I did something wrong. These are simply the facts, he’s a woman beater,” Hernandez said in a report read by the lawyer for Amelia Molitor, the victim in Mixon’s highly publicized incident at Oklahoma.

Mixon has denied hitting any other women and was not charged in connection with the alleged incident in high school.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/19/allegation-against-joe-mixon-from-high-school-could-affect-draft-stock/

And why is this just coming out now? I question the timing of this; a week before the draft? If so, why wasn't this pursued by the daddy? If someone had hit my daughter, I'd have pursued it quick, fast and in a hurry.

feltdizz
04-19-2017, 11:48 AM
PFT is like a gossip rag

feltdizz
04-19-2017, 11:53 AM
And why is this just coming out now? I question the timing of this; a week before the draft? If so, why wasn't this pursued by the daddy? If someone had hit my daughter, I'd have pursued it quick, fast and in a hurry.

how do you pursue it if you were escorted of school grounds by police?

Unfortunately even the police protect star athletes in most situations. Especially if it's one of those Friday Night Lights towns. Watch the Baylor documentary on Showtime to see how far schools go to protect their programs. I haven't seen it yet but I heard it's a fascinating doc. Coaches like Coach K and Boheim basically admit they wouldn't hire a whistle blower even though the guy was doing the right thing by exposing lies by the administration. Sports over everything.

Real Deal Steel
04-19-2017, 12:00 PM
how do you pursue it if you were escorted of school grounds by police?

Unfortunately even the police protect star athletes in most situations. Especially if it's one of those Friday Night Lights towns. Watch the Baylor documentary on Showtime to see how far schools go to protect their programs. I haven't seen it yet but I heard it's a fascinating doc. Coaches like Coach K and Boheim basically admit they wouldn't hire a whistle blower even though the guy was doing the right thing by exposing lies by the administration. Sports over everything.

I know exactly what you mean. So your saying that this falls into that situation. Hmmmmmm. I find this highly, highly suspicious to say the least.

feltdizz
04-19-2017, 12:36 PM
I know exactly what you mean. So your saying that this falls into that situation. Hmmmmmm. I find this highly, highly suspicious to say the least.

take the FSU Jameis situation. I believe the police advised her not to pursue it and I'm sure it happens a lot with schools/towns who love their sports.

the timing of this info is definitely suspicious. I wouldn't be surprised if PFT threw a little money looking for anyone to come forward with a story.

Shawn
04-19-2017, 12:55 PM
And why is this just coming out now? I question the timing of this; a week before the draft? If so, why wasn't this pursued by the daddy? If someone had hit my daughter, I'd have pursued it quick, fast and in a hurry. lol...just like the pic last year of a top guy in a gas mask and bong? Interesting timing. Someone wants a steal.

Shawn
04-19-2017, 01:01 PM
No one is preventing the guy from earning a living. An NFL job is a privilege given only to a select few, not a right that this kid is owed. But certain organizations who draft a RB next week may decide that a different guy would be a better fit on their team. Personally, I would address other needs with my early picks before considering RB options in the mid rounds. And in the 4th or 5th round, I'd rather take a kid like James Conner who kicked cancer's ass than a thug who kicked a woman's ass. But that's just me. At the end of the day, all the feel good stories don't win Super Bowls. I like Conner and I love his story. But, he isn't on the same planet as Mixon. And frankly, I don't care if we draft sinners or saints as long as their issues don't interfere with their ability to play. Sure, I would prefer they all be great guys who have never F'd up. But, I suspect Mixon has learned a valuable lesson in all of this...and if the Steelers draft him which they wont...they would have some sort of clause about anger managment counseling and a recouping of salary in a case of battery.

SteelerOfDeVille
04-19-2017, 01:20 PM
To me, I see a different standard for some then others. People like Robert Downey Jr. get second, third and fourth chances at fixing their lives and then others don't. well, there is another difference in the two... but, this is the wrong board for that topic...

Real Deal Steel
04-19-2017, 01:21 PM
Yeah, I agree. That type of language would have to be in the contract.

By the way, the Raiders are high on Perine too; like a lot of us posters are.

Real Deal Steel
04-19-2017, 01:51 PM
Just what I suspected

Anthony Hernandez, the father of a female high school classmate of Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon's, has recanted his allegation that Mixon hit Hernandez's daughter.
A story recently bubbled to the surface where Hernandez said he knew "for a fact" that Mixon "threw" his daughter to the ground when the two were in high school together. Hernandez has now changed his course. "I have recently learned that a comment I made about Joe Mixon on social media a few years ago is now receiving a lot of attention. I want to explain that comment and clarify that I do not believe Joe ever did anything to hurt my daughter," Hernandez wrote. ... I reacted emotionally. Unfortunately, I did so before I had all the facts. ... I realize that I was mistaken about Joe’s involvement. I definitely overreacted, and I regret that my words might have given some people the wrong impression about Joe. I know that Joe did not hurt my daughter, did not intend to, and would not do so." It sounds like it was brought to light as a potential smear campaign to add on top of the video of Mixon hitting a female while he was at Oklahoma.

feltdizz
04-19-2017, 02:01 PM
Just what I suspected

Anthony Hernandez, the father of a female high school classmate of Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon's, has recanted his allegation that Mixon hit Hernandez's daughter.
A story recently bubbled to the surface where Hernandez said he knew "for a fact" that Mixon "threw" his daughter to the ground when the two were in high school together. Hernandez has now changed his course. "I have recently learned that a comment I made about Joe Mixon on social media a few years ago is now receiving a lot of attention. I want to explain that comment and clarify that I do not believe Joe ever did anything to hurt my daughter," Hernandez wrote. ... I reacted emotionally. Unfortunately, I did so before I had all the facts. ... I realize that I was mistaken about Joe’s involvement. I definitely overreacted, and I regret that my words might have given some people the wrong impression about Joe. I know that Joe did not hurt my daughter, did not intend to, and would not do so." It sounds like it was brought to light as a potential smear campaign to add on top of the video of Mixon hitting a female while he was at Oklahoma.

I suspect someone was paid off or threatened with a law suit.

that confession reads like he had a gun in the back of his head.

RuthlessBurgher
04-19-2017, 02:09 PM
"I know that Joe did not hurt my daughter, did not intend to, and would not do so."

I have a bit of a problem with those last 4 words. You know for a fact that he already punched one woman in the face, resulting in multiple facial fractures. As a father, could I be positive that he "would not do so" with my daughter? No freaking way. He lost all trust as soon as that video surfaced, and I would never be okay with leaving my daughter alone with such a guy ever again.

Real Deal Steel
04-19-2017, 02:09 PM
I suspect someone was paid off or threatened with a law suit.

that confession reads like he had a gun in the back of his head.

I'm not sure; it coming out right now was paid too. That's for sure.

SteelerOfDeVille
04-19-2017, 03:09 PM
"I know that Joe did not hurt my daughter, did not intend to, and would not do so."

I have a bit of a problem with those last 4 words. You know for a fact that he already punched one woman in the face, resulting in multiple facial fractures. As a father, could I be positive that he "would not do so" with my daughter? No freaking way. He lost all trust as soon as that video surfaced, and I would never be okay with leaving my daughter alone with such a guy ever again.the table fractured her face... not the punch. not that that makes it better, but, as a guy who has had more fights that i care to mention, that was NOT an all out punch. (i took martial arts - my fights were for training - lol)

RuthlessBurgher
04-19-2017, 03:29 PM
the table fractured her face... not the punch. not that that makes it better, but, as a guy who has had more fights that i care to mention, that was NOT an all out punch. (i took martial arts - my fights were for training - lol)
It was hard enough to result in her head slamming the table with enough force to break bones in her face.

If I saw a guy even slap my daughter with an open hand resulting in no broken bones, I would show him what an all out punch feels like, and he would never come near her again.

feltdizz
04-19-2017, 03:34 PM
the table fractured her face... not the punch. not that that makes it better, but, as a guy who has had more fights that i care to mention, that was NOT an all out punch. (i took martial arts - my fights were for training - lol)

how many white women have you punched?

99.9% of women her age have never been punched in the face before.

Now is not the time to critique punch techniques.

Shawn
04-19-2017, 03:35 PM
Yeah I want to see Ruthless punch Mixon. I would pay good money to watch that.

feltdizz
04-19-2017, 03:36 PM
It was hard enough to result in her head slamming the table with enough force to break bones in her face.

If I saw a guy even slap my daughter with an open hand resulting in no broken bones, I would show him what an all out punch feels like, and he would never come near her again.

I have a daughter and another one on the way. I can't even begin to imagine what I will do.

I already got issues with men telling me my 1 year old is pretty.

RuthlessBurgher
04-19-2017, 04:05 PM
Yeah I want to see Ruthless punch Mixon. I would pay good money to watch that.
Maybe I'm twice his age and doughy (to be kind), but if a sudden rush of adrenaline can help a tiny housewife to be able to lift a car to save her child, the absolute rage and father-witnessing-some-dude-hit-his-daughter-strength would kick in. It wouldn't matter to me how badly I would get beat (suffice it to say that it would end badly for me), but I would certainly do whatever it takes to get my licks in as well. It's a father-daughter thing that really isn't logical, but it is what it is.

I want to enjoy rooting for my team, but would not cheer for this guy if we drafted him. That's only happened to me once before, when I had season tickets for my local AHL team when the Penguins signed convicted rapist Billy Tibbetts and assigned him to play in Wilkes-Barre. Whenever he scored a goal, everyone around me in the arena would cheer, but I would just stare at the ice and glare in silence. Hated every minute of it. I was so happy when we traded that piece of garbage to the hated Flyers.

squidkid
04-19-2017, 04:11 PM
Maybe I'm twice his age and doughy (to be kind), but if a sudden rush of adrenaline can help a tiny housewife to be able to lift a car to save her child, the absolute rage and father-witnessing-some-dude-hit-his-daughter-strength would kick in. It wouldn't matter to me how badly I would get beat (suffice it to say that it would end badly for me), but I would certainly do whatever it takes to get my licks in as well. It's a father-daughter thing that really isn't logical, but it is what it is.

I want to enjoy rooting for my team, but would not cheer for this guy if we drafted him. That's only happened to me once before, when I had season tickets for my local AHL team when the Penguins signed convicted rapist Billy Tibbetts and assigned him to play in Wilkes-Barre. Whenever he scored a goal, everyone around me in the arena would cheer, but I would just stare at the ice and glare in silence. Hated every minute of it. I was so happy when we traded that piece of garbage to the hated Flyers.

you cheered for vick?

feltdizz
04-19-2017, 04:26 PM
you cheered for vick?

what was there to cheer?

I wish I could have cheered for him but he didn't do anything.

feltdizz
04-19-2017, 04:28 PM

Yeah, i don't think anyone wants to be on a receiving end of a punch when a fathers daughter is involved. Best believe no matter how big the guy is I would find a way to make him fear for his life.

Real Deal Steel
04-19-2017, 05:34 PM
Yeah, i don't think anyone wants to be on a receiving end of a punch when a fathers daughter is involved. Best believe no matter how big the guy is I would find a way to make him fear for his life.

You are sooooo right. Daddy's will run through Hell with some gasoline soaked fruit of the looms on for their daughter.

Shawn
04-19-2017, 06:32 PM

lol...puts a smile on my face. Not sure what that says about me. I'm being generous when I call myself 5 foot 7, 138 pounds soaking wet...but I believe I would become a ball of little man fury if anyone laid a hand on my daughters. Having daughters myself I get it. I also teach them to use words instead of fists. I teach them respect for other human beings. I teach them to leave escalating situations. I hope I have taught them enough life skills to keep them from punching a man in the face who could possibly end them with one punch.

With all that said, I get it. I tend to be more forgiving for most egregious acts if done as an isolated event. But, I do get the anger with Mixon. And I don't think you have anything to worry about. I suspect he isn't on the Steelers board.

Real Deal Steel
04-24-2017, 10:33 AM

I have a bit of a problem with those last 4 words. You know for a fact that he already punched one woman in the face, resulting in multiple facial fractures. As a father, could I be positive that he "would not do so" with my daughter? No freaking way. He lost all trust as soon as that video surfaced, and I would never be okay with leaving my daughter alone with such a guy ever again.

Your right about that.