PDA

View Full Version : Nice to see Ladarius Green working into the line up. Justin Gilbert next?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-25-2016, 12:20 AM
Green was big league open at least twice, for big gains (maybe a 3rd time but dropped)? We can use someone good enough to take the heat off AB and Bell!

Justin Gilbert? How do we hire someone and then decide a month or two later he's not good enough to suit up?

RuthlessBurgher
11-25-2016, 12:26 AM
Justin Gilbert suited up tonight. Inactive for the Steelers are receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey, running back DeAngelo Williams, tight end Xavier Grimble, safety Shamarko Thomas, quarterback Zach Mettenberger, tackle Brian Mihalik, and running back Daryl Richardson. Remember, last year we also traded a late round pick for corner Brandon Boykin and he didn't get any significant playing time on defense until the last month of the season or so.

raycafan
11-25-2016, 12:02 PM
The interview I read yesterday before the game with Tomlin. Said they Gilbert is actually the fourth cornerback, and is the next man up if somebody got hurt.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-25-2016, 12:30 PM
The interview I read yesterday before the game with Tomlin. Said they Gilbert is actually the fourth cornerback, and is the next man up if somebody got hurt. Hopefully he moves up quickly. Maybe he'll turn into the Deebo of the secondary ... just needs more time than the usual guy to "figure it out", then is the best in the universe. In time to have a Pic 6 against Eli, optimally!!

Oviedo
11-25-2016, 12:36 PM
If they can get Green fully involved watch out. Guy has some soft hands and is a huge mismatch against LBs

TD386Steel
11-25-2016, 01:47 PM
If they can get Green fully involved watch out. Guy has some soft hands and is a huge mismatch against LBs

I agree. His hand placement catching it at its highest point and no movement of ball when it hit his hands was sweet.