PDA

View Full Version : The NFL should be ashamed if themselves.

Steelhere10
09-09-2016, 09:27 AM
They talk all the talk about head safety and protection of the Qb but all the head shots that they let Cam take last night was shameful.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-09-2016, 09:47 AM
They talk all the talk about head safety and protection of the Qb but all the head shots that they let Cam take last night was shameful.

I was thinking the same thing. Not just because it was a head shot, but I don't think that a PF should simply offset with something that is a non-PF or 15 yard penalty. Imagine, if a defensive player sees 12 men on the field for a play, he is given a free ride to knock out the QB with a head shot because worse case scenario is offset penalties and replay the down. Or a defensive player jumps offside so an OLineman can kneecap another D player.

RuthlessBurgher
09-09-2016, 10:08 AM
Cam got the full fledged Roethlisberger big, strong QB treatment from the refs last night, including multiple obvious head shots...I was surprised that they let him stay in the game following the final helmet-to-helmet shot with under a minute to go...I thought the independent spotter would remove him into the concussion protocol and force them to have Derek Anderson try to lead them into FG range instead.

feltdizz
09-09-2016, 10:28 AM
NFL is rigged... the refs need to be fined for missing calls like that.

NorthCoast
09-09-2016, 12:45 PM
Last I checked this game was called football. Players get knocked around.

now you are using legislation as an excuse for losing ??? Sad what this game has become.
Panthers had opportunity to do the same to siemian but they couldn't sniff the guy all night.

that was the difference

squidkid
09-09-2016, 02:47 PM
maybe the refs are tired of cam acting like an ass, dabbing, posing and playing 'look at me' after a score too and said F him.

K Train
09-09-2016, 03:00 PM
maybe the refs are tired of cam acting like an ass, dabbing, posing and playing 'look at me' after a score too and said F him.

maybe that shouldnt matter, at all

fordfixer
09-09-2016, 03:06 PM
Or maby they all should man up and and start playing football again

squidkid
09-09-2016, 03:12 PM
Or maby they all should man up and and start playing football again

i dont recall any espn people or many fans here crying about ben getting punched in the face and hit high, low and late......hmmm

Steelhere10
09-09-2016, 03:12 PM
It's funny to me, that the same fans that's on here talking about man up and players dancing , are the same ones that want Burflict banned or would be calling bloody Mary if that was Ben.

squidkid
09-09-2016, 03:23 PM
there is a huge difference what burfict does(intentional) and what happened last night to your boy cam.
i find it strange that you are more upset about cams hits then bens.

fordfixer
09-09-2016, 03:25 PM
Check my posts I'll wait

Steelhere10
09-09-2016, 03:40 PM
there is a huge difference what burfict does(intentional) and what happened last night to your boy cam.
i find it strange that you are more upset about cams hits then bens.
I'm not a fan of Cam, so please get your facts straight. But the truth is the truth. The NFL protect certain Qb and Ben or Cam for that matter is not one of them.

Ghost
09-09-2016, 04:59 PM
Good and bad from the refs loosing their flags last night and the independent spotters playing Pokemon instead of watching the game: the good: maybe Ben doesn't get head shots and roughing the passer ignored b/c he is big guy. The bad is now the NFL may have a quick trigger and pull guys who are not hurt.

NorthCoast
09-09-2016, 07:43 PM
Answer this: if your team had a bad ass defense that could harass the QB like the Donkos did last night would you complain that the refs weren't throwing flags? It works both ways.

Slapstick
09-10-2016, 07:24 AM
Answer this: if your team had a bad ass defense that could harass the QB like the Donkos did last night would you complain that the refs weren't throwing flags? It works both ways.

You shouldn't be able to hit the QB simply because you have a badass defense...

Just as refs shouldn't allow QBs to be hit simply because they are big and strong...

The problem is not hitting hard, it is inconsistent officiating throughout the league. Either the rules should apply to everybody or they should apply to nobody. I'm perfectly fine with allowing hard hits and even refs swallowing their whistles for an incidental head shot...but, I'm not okay with different criteria applying to different players...

Steelhere10
09-10-2016, 09:18 AM
Amen slap. I love the violence in football, but don't make the rules different for the 195 lbs players or the ones that they deem the face of the league.

squidkid
09-10-2016, 10:05 AM
there are always going to be different rules for different people.
some you guys support, some you complain about.

Slapstick
09-10-2016, 10:12 AM
That doesn't make it right. While we all acknowledge that it is that way, that doesn't mean that it should be that way. That is part of the reason that I don't normally watch NFL games with the exception of Steelers games...

squidkid
09-10-2016, 10:28 AM
agreed, but doing what is right is a thing of the past in today's society.
problem is, very few do much of anything to change it, including me.

Bluto
09-10-2016, 10:29 AM
I hate to sound like a complainer. But Ben has been treated like that his whole career. He takes more hits than anyone that go un flagged that Brady or Manning would have gotten flags.

RuthlessBurgher
09-10-2016, 12:05 PM
there are always going to be different rules for different people.
some you guys support, some you complain about.

I've seen people on here complain when our QB takes cheap shots and nothing is called. People are also complaining about another QB (Cam) taking cheap shots that aren't called. People here would complain when penalties were called if you even breathed on guys named Brady or Manning.

How is this inconsistent?

We want to see blatant cheap shots penalized across the board whether you are a big strong QB or a pretty boy league favorite. We want to see ticky tack hits not to be penalized across the board. We are asking the refs to call it consistently regardless of the nameplate on back of the jersey.

Mr.wizard
09-10-2016, 12:39 PM
agreed, but doing what is right is a thing of the past in today's society.
problem is, very few do much of anything to change it, including me.

Really? Doing what is right is a thing of the past? There must of been a golden period in human history that I missed.

squidkid
09-11-2016, 04:43 PM
Really? Doing what is right is a thing of the past? There must of been a golden period in human history that I missed.

you are correct. i should have said it is getting worse