PDA

View Full Version : Bud Dupree

buccoray61
09-04-2016, 04:28 PM
Anyone hear anything? My son heard something about surgery and being out to at least midseason?

Eddie Spaghetti
09-04-2016, 04:34 PM
been placed on IR. really sucks

guess he can return after week 6 if all goes well

fordfixer
09-04-2016, 04:36 PM
Just came across my phone Dupree was placed on reserve/injured list. Team signed linebacker Steven Johnson to take his place

Oviedo
09-04-2016, 04:48 PM
Show time for Jarvis Jones. Can't afford to have him continue to be worthless this season. Let's hope the light has gone on or a miracle occurs.

BradshawsHairdresser
09-04-2016, 05:08 PM
been placed on IR. really sucks

guess he can return after week 6 if all goes well

I think that he has to be gone for 8 weeks altogether...so that he won't be back until after week 8. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Starlifter
09-04-2016, 05:12 PM
I believe there's two kinds of IR. Full season and designated to return IR which is the 8 week point. I don't know which one Bud is on. Teddy Bridgewater is on full season obviously. Let's hope for th best here. But wow. Another starter down and we haven't even begun the year.

BradshawsHairdresser
09-04-2016, 05:18 PM
Good think they've got Old Man Harrison on this team.

SteelSpain
09-04-2016, 05:26 PM
How many players you can put on I.R. with designation to return after week 8?

I ask this because if it´s only one we have to choice between Golson and Dupree :confused:

BradshawsHairdresser
09-04-2016, 05:30 PM
How many players you can put on I.R. with designation to return after week 8?

I ask this because if it´s only one we have to choice between Golson and Dupree :confused:

I think we know what choice would be made in that scenario.

SteelCrazy
09-04-2016, 06:45 PM
Our secondary wouldn't appear to be so weak if our OLB's were more consistent in applying pressure. Losing Dupree is not only bad for the secondary, but for Dupree himself as he'll be missing out on much needed playing time.

As far as Jarvis stepping up, don't hold your breath. What you saw last year is about what you'll see this year. He didn't gain 20 lbs of muscle or lightning speed.

I guess it'll be the Moats n Chick show with possibly a little more Deebo. Has Deebo ever played on the left for more than a play or two in game?

Oviedo
09-04-2016, 06:52 PM
Our secondary wouldn't appear to be so weak if our OLB's were more consistent in applying pressure. Losing Dupree is not only bad for the secondary, but for Dupree himself as he'll be missing out on much needed playing time.

As far as Jarvis stepping up, don't hold your breath. What you saw last year is about what you'll see this year. He didn't gain 20 lbs of muscle or lightning speed.

I guess it'll be the Moats n Chick show with possibly a little more Deebo. Has Deebo ever played on the left for more than a play or two in game?

I agree about Jones. We saw his mediocre best last year, but hope springs eternal. I'm hoping Chick shows up and shows Jones the door

RuthlessBurgher
09-04-2016, 06:55 PM
The earliest that someone on IR can start practicing is after week 6, and they earliest he could actually play is after week 8. You do not have to announce in advance who your "designated to return" guy is beforehand, so you can wait to see how guy's rehabs are progressing before making a decision, but only one guy can ultimately come back from IR each season.

I suspect that Jones and Moats will start and play the early downs and will be replaced by Harrison and Chickillo on passing down. Replacing Bud will be a team effort. Hopefully he will be able to make it back for the playoff run.

RuthlessBurgher
09-04-2016, 06:57 PM
I agree about Jones.

You don't say? Consider everyone here flabbergasted at this unprecedented development.

Oviedo
09-04-2016, 09:11 PM
You don't say? Consider everyone here flabbergasted at this unprecedented development.
How could Jones being mediocre flabbergast anyone. He have proved it for three years. Now there are just more seeing and admitting the obvious. You'll get there....

Slapstick
09-04-2016, 09:30 PM
How could Jones being mediocre flabbergast anyone. He have proved it for three years. Now there are just more seeing and admitting the obvious. You'll get there....

Yes. Thank God you were here to obsessively point it out every five seconds or it might have slipped past us...:lol::lol::lol:

SteelCrazy
09-04-2016, 09:45 PM
Hopefully everyone learns to post the consensus among the board judges or the discussions might become stale....

Slapstick
09-04-2016, 10:54 PM
We're ALL board judges!

fordfixer
09-04-2016, 11:14 PM
We're ALL board judges!

Guilty as charged

SteelCrazy
09-04-2016, 11:46 PM
....or bored

SteelYinzer
09-04-2016, 11:51 PM
Ughhh. I'd love to see them put Timmons or Shazier there and Matakavich start at ILB. I really think Timmons would be a better option than Jones and I KNOW Shazier would be a potential star at OLB with his quickness off the ball. Not sure he could set the edge but I imagine many different scenarios are on the table. I've been very impressed with Matakavich. He's for real. He reminds me of Zach Thomas. He just has a nose for the ball and surprising quickness given his athleticism (lack thereof). We've been really snake bitten. I'm worried about this season. Worst off season I can remember

BradshawsHairdresser
09-05-2016, 10:07 AM
Big LaMarr sez he's rested and ready...

feltdizz
09-06-2016, 08:47 AM
Yes. Thank God you were here to obsessively point it out every five seconds or it might have slipped past us...:lol::lol::lol:

the man has passion.

Jooser
09-06-2016, 03:56 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/06/steelers-unsure-if-bud-dupree-needs-surgery-could-return-in-2016/

Steelers unsure if Bud Dupree needs surgery, could return in 2016

Posted by Darin Gantt on September 6, 2016, 2:37 PM EDT

The Steelers placed outside linebacker Bud Dupree on injured reserve because of the groin injury that sidelined him the entire preseason.

But they’re not sure now whether he’ll need surgery to fix it, or whether he can return this year.

Via Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Dupree would be evaluated in the next few days, and could possibly return this season. If he needs surgery, that would end the season for the 2015 first-rounder, but it’s not certain yet that’s the route they’ll take.

“He’s capable of being designated to return,” Tomlin said. “Sometimes [these injuries] get better with time and sometimes they require surgical repair. We just want to get him healthy and hopefully back in uniform in 2016.”

Teams now have the option of activating one player per year from IR, without designating them as such in advance.

The Steelers are carrying cornerback Senquez Golson on the 53-man roster, despite the fact he’ll be out until November or early December because of a Lisfranc injury. Tomlin classified Golson as “week-to-week.”

Players who might actually be able to play (or walk) Monday at Washington, get the “day-to-day” treatment, and Tomlin said that applied to defensive end Cam Heyward (ankle) and right tackle Marcus Gilbert (hyperextended elbow).

squidkid
09-06-2016, 04:40 PM
good thing bud and the team decided to wait until a week before the opening game to look into this injury............

K Train
09-06-2016, 04:58 PM
good thing bud and the team decided to wait until a week before the opening game to look into this injury............

I just highly doubt that was the case with him playing exactly zero preseason games. Just because they didnt tell you doesnt mean they didnt know, i imagine it was a wait and see type thing to see how he healed or responded to treatment

Flasteel
09-06-2016, 05:13 PM
Wasn't it reported by the Steeler beat writers that Dupree already underwent surgery on his groin last week...and that was what prompted the decision to place him on IR? I could have sworn I read that.

squidkid
09-06-2016, 05:26 PM
Big LaMarr sez he's rested and ready...

pay the man

BradshawsHairdresser
09-06-2016, 06:07 PM
pay the man

Steelers already did. :(

squidkid
09-06-2016, 06:56 PM
Steelers already did. :(

pay him some more