PDA

View Full Version : PIT vs NO: the good, bad, and in between

NorthCoast
08-26-2016, 11:30 PM
Good:
A Roethlisberger led offense is a beautiful thing. Feel bad for NFL defenses. Rogers/AB combo can be deadly.

Bell seemed to take up where he left off.

Bad:

Cockrell was abused. Defense needs to learn how to tackle.
Too many penalties on the OL.

in between:

Tuitt needs to get on the field more often. Same with Hargrave. Why was V Williams on the field late into the game with the scrubs?

BradshawsHairdresser
08-27-2016, 12:16 AM
Bad:

Injuries to Heyward and Gilbert. Hope they're not serious.

bostonsteeler
08-27-2016, 08:14 AM
Landry was good too.

Anyone else think Ben's second TD pass could have been picked if the receiver had been anyone less aggressive than AB?

RobinCole
08-27-2016, 10:14 AM
Tuitt does not need to get on the field more often in a preseason game. Same with Hargrave. He's not fighting for a roster spot.

Iron City Inc.
08-27-2016, 10:28 AM
Starting OL including JJ I thought played well in a limited role. Nice to see Coates who lit it up at camp have a quality game. Tuitt n Hargrave two guys who stay on their feet and play with good leverage.

phillyesq
08-27-2016, 10:39 AM
Good:
A Roethlisberger led offense is a beautiful thing. Feel bad for NFL defenses. Rogers/AB combo can be deadly.

Agree with this. It is a true joy watching Ben run this offense.

Early on, I was really encouraged to see Jarvis Jones and then Harrison abusing the Saints left tackles. Then I realized that Armstead was injured and the backup was Tony Hills. That hampered my enthusiasm a bit.

Watching the game, you have no idea that Eli Rogers is an UDFA who has never taken an NFL snap. He looks like he belongs out there.

I'm really liking what I'm seeing from Hargrave. And Tuitt is becoming a beast.

I loved seeing Matekevich with a pick. He just makes plays. I really hope they find a spot for him on the roster.

Oviedo
08-27-2016, 01:10 PM
Tuitt will have to be a beast if Heyward is out for any time. Hargrave looked like he belongs

squidkid
08-27-2016, 03:07 PM
cockrell and davis looked bad in secondary
i was very pleased with just about all the rest of it

BradshawsHairdresser
08-28-2016, 01:09 AM
cockrell and davis looked bad in secondary
i was very pleased with just about all the rest of it

So the secondary is the weak link...same old story, different year.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
08-28-2016, 01:11 AM
Tuitt does not need to get on the field more often in a preseason game. Same with Hargrave. He's not fighting for a roster spot.

Hargrave might not be fighting for a roster spot, but he is trying to prove himself to have a greater role. Perhaps a starting job.

RobinCole
08-28-2016, 05:42 AM
Still not worth the risk of getting hurt in a preseason game. That few extra minutes Hargrave was out there wasn't going to make or break his chances of being a starter.

Mr.wizard
08-28-2016, 08:41 AM
Still not worth the risk of getting hurt in a preseason game. That few extra minutes Hargrave was out there wasn't going to make or break his chances of being a starter.

They weren't keeping him out there to see if he could start, they where keeping out there in order to get game time reps.