PDA

View Full Version : Browns send Mingo to Patriots

Oviedo
08-26-2016, 11:43 AM
Vrabel, Part II?

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/08/browns-trade-olb-barkevious-mingo-patriots-5th-round-pick/

Heard they may also be parting ways with CB Justin Gilbert...do we kick the tires?

I guess Hue Jackson's philosophy is that if he gets rid of everyone, then he can't be blamed for anything. Interesting approach to job security.

phillyesq
08-26-2016, 01:02 PM
Aside from Ziggy Ansah, that was an awful class of first round pass rushers. In addition to Mingo, Dion Jordan and Bjorn Werner were additional first round busts. Of course, that was also the draft that brought us Jarvis Jones...

NorthCoast
08-26-2016, 06:51 PM
Vrabel, Part II?

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/08/browns-trade-olb-barkevious-mingo-patriots-5th-round-pick/

Heard they may also be parting ways with CB Justin Gilbert...do we kick the tires?

I guess Hue Jackson's philosophy is that if he gets rid of everyone, then he can't be blamed for anything. Interesting approach to job security.

Vrabel II? Not even close. Mingo was about to be axed by the Browns but they did a great job in getting a draft pick before they cut him. He is in the mold of J Jones and I sense J Jones may ultimately find the same path out of the team that drafted him.

Oviedo
08-26-2016, 07:52 PM
Vrabel II? Not even close. Mingo was about to be axed by the Browns but they did a great job in getting a draft pick before they cut him. He is in the mold of J Jones and I sense J Jones may ultimately find the same path out of the team that drafted him.

I'm hoping Chickillo makes Jones expendable although Jones is doing an All Pro job of that himself

Captain Lemming
08-26-2016, 08:45 PM

Absolutely!!!!!

After all what prevents the Browns from trading a cornerback with elite talent (no matter how he has struggled with the browns) to a HATED DIVISION RIVAL IN DESPERATE NEED OF CORNER HELP.
On second thought no I dont want that. As long as we are in fantasy island I would rather trade for a bucket of KFC for Richard Sherman :)

phillyesq
08-27-2016, 10:41 AM
I'm hoping Chickillo makes Jones expendable although Jones is doing an All Pro job of that himself

Armstead was apparently banged up, but Jones played well last night. I'd love to see more from Chickillo, but after the buzz from camp, he looks like just a guy in games.

Slapstick
08-27-2016, 12:22 PM
Other than Ansah, Jones has been better than any of those aforementioned pass rushers from that draft over the last two years...and that includes his stint on IR...all but Werner were drafted before him...

Oviedo
08-27-2016, 01:05 PM
Other than Ansah, Jones has been better than any of those aforementioned pass rushers from that draft over the last two years...and that includes his stint on IR...all but Werner were drafted before him...

Nice way to say he sucks like the rest. Couch and spin it all you want...5 sacks in three years is a bust for any player drafted to rush the QB

Slapstick
08-27-2016, 04:07 PM
Nice way to say he sucks like the rest. Couch and spin it all you want...5 sacks in three years is a bust for any player drafted to rush the QB

Just stating the facts.

Shoe
08-27-2016, 06:46 PM

Still, can't argue with the pick. Mingo, you (CLE fans) could argue. Jordan, (MIA) fans could argue. These were guys drafted based on how they look in their underwear. With Jarvis, albeit his 4.9 40 and spinal stenosis were red-flags, he was a productive star at UGA.

But you're right: He turned out to be a ham & egger.

Slapstick
08-27-2016, 08:22 PM
In any draft, you can only pick the players available...

Captain Lemming
08-27-2016, 08:40 PM
Still, can't argue with the pick. Mingo, you (CLE fans) could argue. Jordan, (MIA) fans could argue. These were guys drafted based on how they look in their underwear.

That is how Ziggy was picked too. Nothing to do whatsover with "productivity".
So you can make the case that going productivity and NOT going with the measurables was the bigger mistake.

Slapstick
08-27-2016, 09:19 PM
That is how Ziggy was picked too. Nothing to do whatsover with "productivity".
So you can make the case that going productivity and NOT going with the measurables was the bigger mistake.

Mingo and Jordan had measurables...it didn't work out for them either...

Captain Lemming
08-27-2016, 10:23 PM
Mingo and Jordan had measurables...it didn't work out for them either...
I understand this, therefore my comment, "thats how Ziggy was picked TOO"

But the ONLY GUY who panned out was a "measurable" not "production" guy, which invalidates the contention that "you can't argue the pick" based on the fact that our guy was productive.

Nevertheless, your point that "you can only pick from whats available" remains the bottom line.

Oviedo
09-04-2016, 04:52 PM
Absolutely!!!!!

After all what prevents the Browns from trading a cornerback with elite talent (no matter how he has struggled with the browns) to a HATED DIVISION RIVAL IN DESPERATE NEED OF CORNER HELP.
On second thought no I dont want that. As long as we are in fantasy island I would rather trade for a bucket of KFC for Richard Sherman :)

Welcome to Fantasy Island. Enjoy your stay. Never say never

Captain Lemming
09-04-2016, 09:07 PM

Just came by to take my lumps. You called it. :)
I crow when I'm right and own it when I'm wrong.

I failed to consider this is THE BROWNS we are talking bout here.
Their stupidity know no bounds.

Captain Lemming
09-05-2016, 01:36 AM

De Plane, De Plane........Boss it looks like Justin Gilbert is on De plane

http://www.kustom-tees-4-u.com/products/square/163717.png (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjsgpK2wPfOAhVO4GMKHQ2eAlAQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kustom-tees-4-u.com%2Fcat%2Ftv%2Fpage%2F7&psig=AFQjCNGnf4EhaLP5xZtc_zSNrxt979hkaQ&ust=1473139977595955)

Oviedo
09-05-2016, 01:26 PM
Just came by to take my lumps. You called it. :)
I crow when I'm right and own it when I'm wrong.

I failed to consider this is THE BROWNS we are talking bout here.
Their stupidity know no bounds.

To be honest, I never thought he would come via a trade. I thought he would get released and we would try to sign him.