PDA

View Full Version : Gradkowski with "Sizeable" Hamstring Tear

phillyesq
08-15-2016, 01:02 PM
I appreciate his efforts and liked him as a backup, but it's clear that he's now just too fragile to be counted on. Looks like it's Landry and Dustin Vaughn as the backups.

The "biggest" names available are Matt Flynn and Tarvaris Jackson. So it looks likely that the Steelers are going to roll into the season with Landry and Dustin.

More than ever, let's hope that Ben stays healthy.

BradshawsHairdresser
08-15-2016, 01:26 PM
I appreciate his efforts and liked him as a backup, but it's clear that he's now just too fragile to be counted on. Looks like it's Landry and Dustin Vaughn as the backups.

The "biggest" names available are Matt Flynn and Tarvaris Jackson. So it looks likely that the Steelers are going to roll into the season with Landry and Dustin.

More than ever, let's hope that Ben stays healthy.
$$$$
Could be a bleak situation if Ben goes down. I can't believe that the Steelers didn't do more to address the backup situation. Maybe there will be a serviceable backup available after teams' final cuts.

feltdizz
08-15-2016, 01:26 PM
kick the tires on Flynn or is he too expensive?

The Man of Steel
08-15-2016, 02:16 PM
Mike Vick part 2 baby!

RuthlessBurgher
08-15-2016, 02:17 PM
Mike Vick part 2 baby!

I think we found out last season that Landry Jones is a better option in this offense than Michael Vick.

SteelerOfDeVille
08-15-2016, 03:52 PM
I think we found out last season that Landry Jones is a better option in this offense than Michael Vick.
not that either is a particularly good option

SteelCrazy
08-15-2016, 04:04 PM
Charlie Whitehurst is available

Starlifter
08-15-2016, 06:48 PM
i try to defer to the experts - but if ANYONE in the front office thought there was a more than a 10% chance gradkowski would make it through camp unscathed, they should be shipped to cleveland immediately. That's just flat out moronic. And if they have no #2 other than landry jones - it's criminal.

Ghost
08-15-2016, 08:07 PM
After a 10 year career it's time to move on with whatever comes next for Grad. Really good guy but his time in the NFL is done. Also time for the Steeelers to stop pretending Jones is any sort of answer.

fordfixer
08-15-2016, 09:31 PM
Mike Vick part 2 baby!

Mike Vick the only man able to stop A.B. last year.......

Shoe
08-15-2016, 10:51 PM
i try to defer to the experts - but if ANYONE in the front office thought there was a more than a 10% chance gradkowski would make it through camp unscathed, they should be shipped to cleveland immediately. That's just flat out moronic. And if they have no #2 other than landry jones - it's criminal.

The experts thought he'd have some semblance of pride and preparation. I'm sorry, but IMO this is simply a case of Gradkowski taking a Woodley-esque attitude to his place on the team. That was a non-contact injury, which I would expect for a 40- or 50-year old man... not a 33-year old.

RobinCole
08-17-2016, 01:59 PM
Most hamstring injuries are non-contact and they happen too often to just chalk it up to laziness or being out of shape. A lot of torn knee ligaments are non-contact. A guy plants his foot to make a cut and goes down for the season. Sprinters in the 100-meter dash are in good shape and I've seen them go down like they were shot when the hamstring tears.

SteelerOfDeVille
08-19-2016, 09:45 AM
not that either is a particularly good option
boy, i thought about this last night... thinking i'd rather have Vick... *sigh*

I do like the Charlie Whtehurst option, actually.