PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore native Michael Phelps doesn't like seeing Steeler gear while at Olympics

RuthlessBurgher
08-15-2016, 11:28 AM
Ravens fan Phelps didn’t like seeing Steelers gear at Olympics press conference

Posted by Mike Florio on August 15, 2016, 11:07 AM EDT

Michael Phelps is an American, but he definitely doesn’t represent Steeler Nation.

At a press conference in Rio, Phelps spotted a reporter sporting Steelers gear.

“Is that a Steelers?” Phelps said. “Aw, man. Golly.”

He then spotted a Ravens logo or colors.

“There we go, there’s some Ravens,” Phelps said. “Man, Steelers. Football season’s back.”

Phelps will have plenty of time to follow the Ravens. As explained by Peter King of TheMMQB.com, who delves into the relationship between Phelps and former Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, Lewis firmly believes Phelps will be retiring as a swimmer.

“He’s ready for life,” Lewis told King. “Michael is a simple guy with crazy drive. And as a man, now he wants to be free.”

Phelps also will be free of the demands of “Lion order,” a somewhat hokey but apparently effective call to greatness that Lewis devised at the University of Miami with former teammate Rohan Marley, the son of Bob Marley.

It’s not hard to understand the connection between Lewis and Phelps. When the Ravens became their first season in Baltimore two decades ago (with Lewis as a first-round pick), Phelps was 11 years old. For many American kids, that’s when the football virus fully takes root. It did for Phelps, and the presence of the Ravens and Ray Lewis helped propel Phelps to becoming the greatest Olympian of all time.

Would Phelps have reached the same heights if Art Modell had never moved the Browns to Baltimore? Maybe, maybe not. Regardless, Phelps and the Ravens have a sufficiently strong connection that should make every Ravens fan love him — and that should make every Steelers fan happy that, come 2020, they can root for American swimmers without wearing nose plugs.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/15/ravens-fan-phelps-didnt-like-seeing-steelers-gear-at-olympics-press-conference/

squidkid
08-15-2016, 02:52 PM
i knew i hated phelps for some reason

feltdizz
08-15-2016, 03:15 PM

the way you bash Tomlin, the FO and the fans I thought you would be Phelps biggest fan

squidkid
08-15-2016, 03:26 PM
the way you bash Tomlin, the FO and the fans I thought you would be Phelps biggest fan

nope, i am capable of seeing people for what they are.

Slapstick
08-15-2016, 03:51 PM

He and Phelps smoke the same stuff!

SteelerOfDeVille
08-15-2016, 03:56 PM
Would Phelps have reached the same heights if Art Modell had never moved the Browns to Baltimore? Maybe, maybe not.
Really? They went THERE. He became a good swimmer because they Ravens moved to town... um... ok

BradshawsHairdresser
08-16-2016, 09:40 AM

Sounds pretty much like what Deebo tweeted about him (except he added a "JK").

NJ-STEELER
08-16-2016, 05:46 PM
Sounds a little tamer then my reaction when I saw 2 people wearing raven jerseys at SB 43

:)