PDA

View Full Version : Steelers sign Hasen, Mosley-Smith and Whigham

Jooser
08-14-2016, 05:47 PM
http://www.steelers.com/news/transactions/article-1/Steelers-sign-Hasen-Mosley-Smith-and-Whigham/5f88f171-dd8c-4896-acdc-3f171e840cce

Steelers sign Hasen, Mosley-Smith and Whigham
Posted 2 hours ago

Steelers add OT Wade Hansen, DT Khaynin Mosley-Smith and CB Julian Whigham to the roster.
The Steelers announced the signings of three players today.

The players include three undrafted rookie free agents, offensive tackle Wade Hansen, defensive tackle Khaynin Mosley-Smith and cornerback Julian Whigham.

To make room on the roster, the Steelers Waived/Injured two players, offensive tackle Brian Mihalik and defensive tackle Roy Philon, and the team placed safety Ross Ventrone on the Reserve/Injured List.

RuthlessBurgher
08-14-2016, 07:57 PM
If not for this injury, I thought Mihalik could have been a P.S. candidate for Munchak to work with as another really tall DL to OL conversion project a la Villenueva.

And too bad for Rusty Benson (a.k.a. Ross Ventrone). A solid special teams contributor who is also a Pittsburgh native and a huge supporter of other local teams (his inspirational video during the Pens Stanley Cup run were crazy fanatic).

phillyesq
08-15-2016, 11:02 AM
They also signed Jermauria Rasco, a linebacker, and released Matt Dooley, the backup long snapper.

Shoe
08-15-2016, 11:39 AM
If not for this injury, I thought Mihalik could have been a P.S. candidate for Munchak to work with as another really tall DL to OL conversion project a la Villenueva.

And too bad for Rusty Benson (a.k.a. Ross Ventrone). A solid special teams contributor who is also a Pittsburgh native and a huge supporter of other local teams (his inspirational video during the Pens Stanley Cup run were crazy fanatic).

I'm glad there's still room on an NFL team for a blood & guts guy like Ventrone, but I don't get why he's still here. It's really been an amazing career for him.

phillyesq
08-15-2016, 12:06 PM
I'm glad there's still room on an NFL team for a blood & guts guy like Ventrone, but I don't get why he's still here. It's really been an amazing career for him.

He's the modern Chidi Iwuoma.

If they don't go with an extra linebacker, I'd love to see Dangerfield make the team as a safety-in-name-only who really is there just to play special teams.

squidkid
08-15-2016, 02:50 PM
He's the modern Chidi Iwuoma.

If they don't go with an extra linebacker, I'd love to see Dangerfield make the team as a safety-in-name-only who really is there just to play special teams.

the guy gets no respect

RuthlessBurgher
08-15-2016, 03:57 PM
the guy gets no respect

He should have gone Back to School, but he came to the NFL instead, hoping for some Easy Money.

SteelCrazy
08-15-2016, 04:22 PM
He should have gone Back to School, but he came to the NFL instead, hoping for some Easy Money.

Ive never heard of the movie "NFL Instead"