PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's "Friday Night Lights" practice will be televised live nationally

RuthlessBurgher
08-05-2016, 10:10 AM
It's time to turn on the lights
Posted 1 hour ago

Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

Steelers' players are pumped for tonight's 'Friday Night Lights' practice.

LATROBE, Pa. – Cameron Heyward smiled when he heard the news that there would be a new twist to tonight’s ‘Friday Night Lights’ practice at Latrobe Memorial Stadium.

The yearly practice won’t just be viewed by those in attendance, but people tuning in to ESPN’s SportsCenter On the Road will get glimpses of Heyward and his teammates on the field during one of the most electric practices of training camp. The show will broadcast live from 7-9 p.m. that night, featuring interviews with Steelers’ personnel as well as practice highlights.

“It’s like a high school jamboree game,” said Heyward. “I have to make sure I record it on the DVR. It’s going to be a fun atmosphere. There are probably going to be some wild plays. We all look forward to it and will make the most of it.”

Players will grab their shoulder pads and helmets, and just like they did back in their high school days, hop on a school bus and make the short trip from Saint Vincent College to Latrobe Memorial Stadium to put on a show for what always turns out to be a packed house.

“ESPN, SportsCenter being there, it’s going to be great,” said Daniel McCullers. “We are going to go out there, have fun, see the kids and put on a good show. It brings back memories of high school days. We want to go out there and put on a show for the fans.”

Practice will be the icing on the cake for a day that will be filled with activities for Steelers Nation. The team will host a Steelers Fest from 12-6 p.m. on stadium grounds, featuring Charlie Batch and Chris Hoke.

Prior to the start of practice fans will have an opportunity to obtain autographs at 6:45 p.m., and then the action begins at 7 p.m. It will conclude with a fireworks show, presented by Pepsi.

As part of the Steelers Fest and Friday Night Lights experience, Steelers Nation Unite will be offering members the chance to get rewarded throughout the day. During Steelers Fest, fans can visit the Steelers Nation Unite tent to sign up or verify their membership and spin the prize wheel, where each spin is a winner. Additionally, Steelers Nation Unite will be handing out bags to all fans, which include a decal, Steelers event information and a Steelers Sideline Store coupon, redeemable at the Westmoreland Mall Location.

There will be additional activities and experiences throughout the day and evening, so be sure to stop at the Steelers Nation Unite tent and check out the benefits available to all fans when they join the team’s official loyalty program. Fans can also learn more by visiting the program’s website at www.SteelersNationUnite.com (http://www.SteelersNationUnite.com).

It will be a full day of fun for the fans, but for the players as well.

“It’s something I have done since high school,” said rookie Demarcus Ayers, who is looking forward to his first ‘Friday Night Lights’ with the Steelers. “You have to take it all in and perform like it’s a big Sunday night game. I am ready for it and eager to see what it’s like. It will be a fun time.”

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Its-time-to-turn-on-the-lights/65e52b65-4c55-446a-8239-991714756265

squidkid
08-06-2016, 03:13 PM
this was really cool to watch last night. awesome tradition, fan friendly, good for community. got some interesting insight.
a job well done by the organization

pittpete
08-06-2016, 03:16 PM
this was really cool to watch last night. awesome tradition, fan friendly, good for community. got some interesting insight.
a job well done by the organization

Who is this really?
Account hacked?:D

squidkid
08-06-2016, 03:22 PM
Who is this really?
Account hacked?:D

lol..........i have no problem giving credit where it is due.......

Slapstick
08-06-2016, 03:53 PM
Except when Mike Tomlin is involved.

RuthlessBurgher
08-06-2016, 04:47 PM
I DVR'ed it and so far I've only had the chance to watch the first 20-30 minutes or so. Sal Paolantonio on the school bus with Maurkice Pouncey, Ramon Foster, Bruce Gradkowski, and Le'Veon Bell was fun. Most of it seemed pretty normal to me, but the ESPN guys kept fawning over how unique everything was...that no other NFL ever does anything like this, but I also saw a Carolina Panthers practice where they did a walkthough along with a high school team on the same field at the same time...Cam Newton was handing off to the H.S. RB's and everything...pretty cool stuff all around.

squidkid
08-06-2016, 07:56 PM
Except when Mike Tomlin is involved.

wrong again. i give him credit for what he has accomplished.

squidkid
08-06-2016, 07:57 PM
I DVR'ed it and so far I've only had the chance to watch the first 20-30 minutes or so. Sal Paolantonio on the school bus with Maurkice Pouncey, Ramon Foster, Bruce Gradkowski, and Le'Veon Bell was fun. Most of it seemed pretty normal to me, but the ESPN guys kept fawning over how unique everything was...that no other NFL ever does anything like this, but I also saw a Carolina Panthers practice where they did a walkthough along with a high school team on the same field at the same time...Cam Newton was handing off to the H.S. RB's and everything...pretty cool stuff all around.

yup. not an overly productive practice but it served its purpose, which was 90% PR

Slapstick
08-06-2016, 09:57 PM

Except the sixth Lombardi...

Captain Lemming
08-07-2016, 01:46 AM

He cannot accomplish ANYTHING by your standard in the way of wins until every last player who predates him is gone.
Nevermind number 6.
You are ALREADY on record saying you won't give him props if they win another SUPERBOWL.

Slapstick
08-07-2016, 09:24 AM
He cannot accomplish ANYTHING by your standard in the way of wins until every last player who predates him is gone.
Nevermind number 6.
You are ALREADY on record saying you won't give him props if they win another SUPERBOWL.

That probably means that Tony Dungy shouldn't get credit for his SB win...

But, Jon Gruden's is probably okay....

Shawn
08-07-2016, 11:48 AM
You do realize squid is like 95% troll right? I have no idea why anyone debates the guy.

squidkid
08-07-2016, 03:12 PM
Except the sixth Lombardi...

i gave him credit for standing there and letting cowhers players and coaches win. not that he had a choice.

squidkid
08-07-2016, 03:19 PM
That probably means that Tony Dungy shouldn't get credit for his SB win...

But, Jon Gruden's is probably okay....

well, according to your thinking, gruden's superbowl win was with gruden's players and it was all his team seeing that the previous coach couldnt win the superbowl the year before.

squidkid
08-07-2016, 03:23 PM
Nevermind number 6.

another lie.
i give him credit for staying competitive(even tho he fell way short based on roster talent) during the regular season but has failed miserably in the post season the longer the team gets away from cowhers players and moves into his own picks
when ben is gone and tomlin wins a super bowl, i will give him credit

Slapstick
08-07-2016, 06:19 PM
well, according to your thinking, gruden's superbowl win was with gruden's players and it was all his team seeing that the previous coach couldnt win the superbowl the year before.

Not my thinking...it's yours...

Slapstick
08-07-2016, 06:20 PM
You do realize squid is like 95% troll right? I have no idea why anyone debates the guy.

95% is a conservative estimate...you kind of low balled it...

Shawn
08-14-2016, 07:19 AM
95% is a conservative estimate...you kind of low balled it...haha you may have a point. But, every once in awhile squid will put a comment or two out there that surprises me. It's almost like he forgot to troll that day.

feltdizz
08-14-2016, 09:15 AM
haha you may have a point. But, every once in awhile squid will put a comment or two out there that surprises me. It's almost like he forgot to troll that day.

haha... this is spot on