PDA

View Full Version : The NFL’s best guards, No. 9: David DeCastro

SteelCrazy
07-13-2016, 04:11 PM
The 2012 first-rounder has started every game the past two seasons, and he was recognized for his work last year with first-team All-Pro and Pro Bowl nods. The pressure on DeCastro ratcheted up when center Maurkice Pouncey fractured his leg during the preseason—Pouncey also missed 15 games in 2013, DeCastro’s first year as a full-time starter. DeCastro’s entire ’15 performance was clean, as he allowed just 1.5 sacks on the Steelers’ 590 pass attempts and was flagged a mere three times, all for false starts.

The team’s third-ranked rushing attack, which happened largely without Le’Veon Bell, also owes a large thanks to DeCastro. As has become the norm for Stanford O-linemen, DeCastro is adept at getting out on the edge as a pulling blocker. Pittsburgh’s run game relied on DeCastro’s agility.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/07/13/david-decastro-steelers

RuthlessBurgher
07-13-2016, 04:34 PM
These offseason lists are really getting stupid. They state that he is first team All Pro, which is a recognition that he is one of the top two guards in the league. That's what first team All Pro means. Second team All Pro is top four in league, third team All Pro is top six in the league, etc. But then they rank him the 9th best guard in the league. Okay, then.

SteelCrazy
07-13-2016, 04:49 PM
It's hillbilly math....it all adds up

Shoe
07-13-2016, 09:05 PM
There are a couple of these ranking things going around and I've seen a few of you guys getting all dismissive about them. What's the harm? You act indignant, like they're so dumb to even dignify. It's the off-season! Of course they don't mean anything. Just like when people rank QB arm strength or "fastest man in the league." I mean... who the hell would even talk about Guards in July, if not for lists like this. Relax.

SteelCrazy
07-13-2016, 10:22 PM
Are you quoting Frankie?

Captain Lemming
07-13-2016, 10:59 PM
These offseason lists are really getting stupid. They state that he is first team All Pro, which is a recognition that he is one of the top two guards in the league. That's what first team All Pro means. Second team All Pro is top four in league, third team All Pro is top six in the league, etc. But then they rank him the 9th best guard in the league. Okay, then.

Not that hard to understand......this list ranks him lower than the allpro list.
Who is the best in someones opinion has nothing to do with who earned allpro in 2015
Do you rank Bell behind Doug Martin?

Cam was statistically deserving of allpro last season. How many would rank him as the best QB in the league, especially since he tends to go up and then down one season to the next?

feltdizz
07-14-2016, 07:06 AM
There are a couple of these ranking things going around and I've seen a few of you guys getting all dismissive about them. What's the harm? You act indignant, like they're so dumb to even dignify. It's the off-season! Of course they don't mean anything. Just like when people rank QB arm strength or "fastest man in the league." I mean... who the hell would even talk about Guards in July, if not for lists like this. Relax.

Its silly... every year they put out these rankings and every year people on here spend time explaining how they are useless and a waste of time.

The list come out every year, stop getting upset over them. Its no different than power rankings, draft list, etc...

feltdizz
07-14-2016, 07:07 AM
Not that hard to understand......this list ranks him lower than the allpro list.
Who is the best in someones opinion has nothing to do with who earned allpro in 2015
Do you rank Bell behind Doug Martin?

Cam was statistically deserving of allpro last season. How many would rank him as the best QB in the league, especially since he tends to go up and then down one season to the next?

I view these list as who is the best each year..

Slapstick
07-14-2016, 08:17 AM
I view these list as who is the best each year..

Even then, the list doesn't make sense...there were not 8 better guards than DeCastro last season...

feltdizz
07-14-2016, 12:49 PM
Even then, the list doesn't make sense...there were not 8 better guards than DeCastro last season...

talk about it

Slapstick
07-14-2016, 03:21 PM
talk about it

I just did?