PDA

View Full Version : This Is Unreal...

Slapstick
07-02-2016, 09:52 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/206524/darrius-heyward-bey-can-touch-25-mph-on-steelers-gps

BradshawsHairdresser
07-02-2016, 10:27 AM
If only he had a little better hands...

Slapstick
07-02-2016, 12:42 PM
For us, 15 yards per catch and 2 TDs (almost 3, dammit) in a limited role...not to mention his special teams contributions...

I'm glad we didn't spend a top 10 pick on him, but I'm also glad he's on the team...

BradshawsHairdresser
07-02-2016, 03:11 PM
He definitely has filled some valuable roles. I hope he has a very successful--and productive--season. Steelers need him to step up with Bryant out. I know many of you think the Steelers' offense is not going to miss a beat, but I think Bryant's absence is a huge concern...unless Hey-Bey or Coates steps up and replaces him as the dynamic deep threat.

Captain Lemming
07-02-2016, 06:00 PM
When our receivers were all available, DHB plays very little so he has little opportunity.
However, DHB had more total catches, yards, and touchdowns, than Wheaton in the 5 games when Bryant was out and he became the third receiver.

DHB also had twice the yards as Wheaton in the playoff game that Brown missed.

When given the chance, DHB is the better player in my opinion.

We are talking about a guy who has "Wallace" speed here.

Nobody does more with "freak speed" than Ben and I think given the Wallace/Bryant role DHB could have a career season.
People forget he has led a team in catches with nearly 1,000 yards.

NorthCoast
07-04-2016, 09:03 AM
When our receivers were all available, DHB plays very little so he has little opportunity.
However, DHB had more total catches, yards, and touchdowns, than Wheaton in the 5 games when Bryant was out and he became the third receiver.

DHB also had twice the yards as Wheaton in the playoff game that Brown missed.

When given the chance, DHB is the better player in my opinion.

We are talking about a guy who has "Wallace" speed here.

Nobody does more with "freak speed" than Ben and I think given the Wallace/Bryant role DHB could have a career season.
People forget he has led a team in catches with nearly 1,000 yards.

Good analogy... Cause he also has Wallace type hands. That prevents him from being one of the greats.

Shoe
07-04-2016, 11:01 AM
What has happened to Wallace is hard to pinpoint. You can call a lot of it Woodley-itis... and you'd probably be right. But (when he was here), he was a player, man. He had to be accounted for.

I don't think you say that about DHB. I think he is a good all-around player for us. But I think of him more like a Dwight Stone from back in the day, than a game-changer like Wallace was.

Flasteel
07-04-2016, 12:14 PM
I think DHB is getting a little bit of a bad rap here. He's only dropped 1 pass in his 2 years with the team and had none last year when he saw his only significant playing time. Both Wallace and Bryant have demonstrated far-worse hands. Now that DHB has another chance at some serious PT and has #7 tossing him passes, I agree that he is likely to have a career year.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2015/

Captain Lemming
07-05-2016, 01:57 AM
Good analogy... Cause he also has Wallace type hands. That prevents him from being one of the greats.

Wallace has had more TDs in four different individual seasons than Wheat has had in his career.
I would take those "hands" drops and all over what Wheat gives us anyday.

However, as stated earlier, DHB has not had a problem with drops HERE.

Did you SEE the playoff game against Denver?
Somebody had terrible problems hanging on to the ball and it was the guy with the initials MW.

When DHB is the number 3 receiver he outproduces starter Wheaton consistently.

Another issue I have with Wheat is he is like a poor mans Brown jr.

I like the fact that DHB add a different dimension and tools as a bigger guy with burner speed.
He has had little chance to even attempt to fill the "Bryant" role.
Plus he is BY FAR our best blocking receiver on the team which helps the run game as a starter.

Wheaton is OK but I see NOTHING that Wheaton brings to the table over DHB

Captain Lemming
07-05-2016, 02:03 AM
What has happened to Wallace is hard to pinpoint. You can call a lot of it Woodley-itis... and you'd probably be right. But (when he was here), he was a player, man. He had to be accounted for.

I don't think you say that about DHB. I think he is a good all-around player for us. But I think of him more like a Dwight Stone from back in the day, than a game-changer like Wallace was.

What did Brown look like when he was buried so deep on the bench he hardly played?

All I know is that DHB makes more plays than Wheaton when he a chance gets to play.

Ernie
07-06-2016, 04:25 PM
If only he had a little better hands...

Thats been the knock against him historically. I haven't really seen it in Pittsburgh though. DHB has been a steal for us.

Ernie
07-06-2016, 04:27 PM
I think DHB is getting a little bit of a bad rap here. He's only dropped 1 pass in his 2 years with the team and had none last year when he saw his only significant playing time. Both Wallace and Bryant have demonstrated far-worse hands. Now that DHB has another chance at some serious PT and has #7 tossing him passes, I agree that he is likely to have a career year.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2015/

well stated

SteelerMaine83
07-06-2016, 05:07 PM
I think DHB has a role as a WR that could be huge for us this year. His speed alone grabs a CB's attention--once he runs by a few in single coverage early in the season the opposing teams safeties will freeze a little longer, leaving the downfield middle open for Ladarius Green. Do you want to be the CB or S that lets DHB run by you because he has, reportedly, not so great hands? Big risk. A deep catch in each of the first few games will solidify his value to the offense.