PDA

View Full Version : NFL to interview Deebo about Al-Jazeera PED report on 1st day of camp (not month off)

RuthlessBurgher
06-24-2016, 02:16 PM
NFL plans to interview Peppers, Matthews, Harrison about PEDs
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 24, 2016, 1:17 PM EDT

When training camps open, the NFL plans to interview Packers linebackers Julius Peppers and Clay Matthews and Steelers linebacker James Harrison about allegations that they used performance-enhancing drugs.

Tom Pelissero of USA Today reports that the league informed the players’ union that officials will be there on the first day of training camp to question the three players, who were named in an Al-Jazeera America documentary about PEDs. An interview with free agent Mike Neal, also named in the documentary, is also expected to take place within the next four weeks. But the biggest name in the documentary, Peyton Manning, was not named in a letter from NFL V.P. Adolpho Birch to the players’ union.

“On January 11, 2016, the league notified Messrs. Peppers, Neal, Matthews and Harrison that it had initiated an investigation following the airing of the Al-Jazeera America documentary, which raised serious issues concerning their possible violation of the NFL/NFLPA Policy on Performance-Enhancing Substances,” Birch’s letter said. “The players were further advised that, with their full and timely cooperation, the investigation would be conducted expeditiously and with minimal disruption.

“While the investigation has proceeded, we have yet to interview the players. We have attempted since early April to work through the NFLPA to schedule them, but despite multiple requests the NFLPA has failed to respond, except to seek reconsideration of the basis for the investigation. This continuing delay and avoidance has obstructed our ability to conduct and conclude the investigation.

“In fairness to all, including the players involved, we must move forward with the interviews. Accordingly, this will advise that the interviews of Messrs. Peppers, Matthews and Harrison will be scheduled for the first day of their respective training camps, and the interview of Mr. Neal (free agent) will take place on or before July 22. The players will be advised of the specific scheduling details by separate correspondence on which the NFLPA will be copied, and of course an NFLPA representative may attend each interview should the player so request.”

The NFL is also investigating the allegations against Manning, although any league discipline would be meaningless now that he’s retired. If the NFL finds that Peppers, Matthews, Harrison or Neal violated the league’s PED policy, that could result in suspensions even if they’ve never failed a drug test. It is unknown whether the four players plan to answer all of the NFL’s questions — and whether the league would discipline the players if they don’t fully cooperate.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/24/nfl-plans-to-interview-peppers-matthews-harrison-about-peds/

RuthlessBurgher
06-24-2016, 02:17 PM
The players are willing to submit to interviews over Al Jazeera report
Posted by Mike Florio on June 24, 2016, 1:38 PM EDT

Yes, the NFL plans to interview multiple players regarding allegations of PED use arising from an Al Jazeera report. No, the players aren’t the ones dragging their feet.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the players in question — Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers, James Harrison, and Mike Neal — are and have been willing to submit to interviews, along with free-agent Mike Neal. The delay arises from an inability of the NFL and NFL Players Association to reach an agreement on the scope of the interviews and other factors relevant to the process.

The NFLPA understandably is concerned about the precedent this could set, given the questions that have emerged regarding the credibility of the Al Jazeera report. If interviews proceed based on the information reported by Al Jazeera, what else could spark an investigation? A claim on social media that a player used steroids? An anonymous tip to the league office that a player bought HGH?

As a result, the union is pushing back on behalf of all players, even though the players currently involved insist that they have no concerns about the issue and, likewise, nothing to hide.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/24/the-players-are-willing-to-submit-to-interviews-over-al-jazeera-report/

Slapstick
06-24-2016, 02:19 PM
It's simple:

Answer no questions, destroy your cell phone, challenge the suspension in court, and then retire after the season.

Almost TOO easy...

phillyesq
06-27-2016, 10:05 AM
This is getting ugly:

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Steelers-James-Harrison-fires-back-at-NFL-regarding-PED-testing-45996312

I agree with Harrison in a lot of ways. I just hope this doesn't become a distraction or end up with him getting punished out of principle.

RuthlessBurgher
06-27-2016, 10:21 AM
James Harrison: I’ll only give a PED interview if Goodell comes to my house
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 27, 2016, 6:04 AM EDT

The NFL plans to send investigators to the first day of Steelers training camp to interview linebacker James Harrison about allegations that he used performance-enhancing drugs. Harrison says other ideas.

In a statement he posted on Instagram, Harrison said he’ll give an interview, but only if Commissioner Roger Goodell shows up at his house to do it.

“I never had a bully before in my life and I’m DAMN sure not about to have one at this point. But since I’m a nice guy & don’t mind helping to clear the air in the name of the NFL Shield, I’ll do this interview,” Harrison wrote. “WITH THESE STIPULATIONS: The interview will be done at MY house. BEFORE training camp. On a date of MY choosing. AND Mr. Goodell must be present.”

Harrison has said many derogatory things about Goodell, including, “I hate him and will never respect him.” Goodell probably won’t be taking Harrison up on the invitation to his house.

What’s clear is that the NFL’s investigation of the Al Jazeera documentary about performance-enhancing drugs is a long way from over. The other players accused in that documentary — Peyton Manning, Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers and Mike Neal — are also subject to the NFL’s investigation. Those players, however, haven’t made comments as inflammatory as Harrison’s.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/27/james-harrison-ill-only-give-a-ped-interview-if-goodell-comes-to-my-house/

Oviedo
06-27-2016, 12:02 PM
Now the NFL is giving credibility to a terrorist propaganda blog. Sad days!

First day of camp, Harrison will be on the veterans sit and watch program anyway.

RuthlessBurgher
06-27-2016, 02:14 PM
NFL has no comment on James Harrison’s interview “stipulations”
Posted by Mike Florio on June 27, 2016, 10:16 AM EDT

Steelers linebacker James Harrison has expressed a willingness to be interviewed in connection with the NFL’s Al Jazeera-fueled PED investigation, subject to certain stipulations. Those stipulations include doing the interview: (1) at Harrison’s home; and (2) with Commissioner Roger Goodell present.

The NFL has told PFT via email that it has no comment on Harrison’s comments.

The league may have plenty to say if Harrison ultimately refuses to be interviewed if his stipulations aren’t met, as they likely won’t be. Patriots quarterback Tom Brady’s four-game suspension supposedly arose, at least in part, from his obstruction of the league’s investigation.

The league also could conclude that Harrison violated the PED policy, in the absence of a denial from Harrison that he violated the PED policy.

Here’s where it gets complicated, and also potentially fascinating. A PED suspension would be subject to appeal under the PED policy, which as of 2014 incorporates neutral arbitration. A suspension for obstructing an NFL investigation arguably would fall under Article 46 of the labor deal, which allows the Commissioner to have final say over all matters that potentially threaten the integrity of the game.

Either way, Harrison won’t be able to stonewall without consequence. The specific consequence eventually will be determined, possibly in court.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/27/nfl-has-no-comment-on-james-harrisons-interview-stipulations/

RuthlessBurgher
06-29-2016, 01:40 PM
NFLPA demands “credible evidence” of PED violation by Harrison, Matthews, Peppers, Neal
Posted by Mike Florio on June 29, 2016, 10:50 AM EDT

The dance continues between the NFL and the NFL Players Association regarding the Al Jazeera PED allegations, and at this point it’s becoming a mosh pit.

The NFL Players Association has sent a letter to the NFL on behalf of Steelers linebacker James Harrison, in which the union reiterates its request “that the NFL inform him and the NFLPA whether the NFL possesses any credible evidence (e.g., verified documents or verified testimony of witnesses) that warrants an interview of Mr. Harrison regarding a potential violation” of the PED policy.

Although the letter doesn’t expressly take the position that Harrison has no obligation to cooperate until the NFL disciplines him based on “credible evidence” of a violation, the message is clear: Harrison apparently won’t be doing anything unless and until the NFL produces “credible evidence” beyond the remarks contained in the Al Jazeera report.

“Especially in a business where the mere mention of a player-employee’s name can generate ratings for a broadcaster, the NFLPA and Mr. Harrison do not believe that unsupported, unsubstantiated verbal remarks provide ‘sufficient credible evidence’ to initiate an investigation of, and require an interview with, an employee.”

The letter, a copy of which PFT has obtained, mentions only Harrison. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the same letter was sent on behalf of all other active players implicated by the Al Jazeera report: Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers, and Mike Neal.

The PED policy seems to contemplate that the player accused of a PED violation won’t be required to provide information until discipline is imposed based on “credible documented evidence” that the rules were broken. The NFLPA apparently is willing to entertain the possibility of a pre-discipline interview if — and only if — the NFL puts the same cards on the table that would be placed on the table if discipline is imposed and the appeal process commences.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/29/nflpa-demands-credible-evidence-regarding-james-harrison-ped-allegation/

Art Rooney II
06-29-2016, 02:21 PM
James basically whipped out his schlong and smacked Roger Goodell in the forehead with it.

This is great! Unless Art II orders James to step and fetch, Goodell will back down, he always does when someone dare challenges him.

RuthlessBurgher
06-29-2016, 03:38 PM
Unless Art II orders James to step and fetch

Only Chadman is allowed to refer to himself in the third person on this board, Art II.

Yet another example of inconsistent rules that aren't applied equally across the board. :)

Eich
06-30-2016, 10:22 AM
James basically whipped out his schlong and smacked Roger Goodell in the forehead with it.

This is great! Unless Art II orders James to step and fetch, Goodell will back down, he always does when someone dare challenges him.

I don't see that Art II or Goodell will do anything. I love James and support his dislike of Goodell but his stipulations are a bit ridiculous. All the NFL will do is send someone to interview him on the first day of camp.

Slapstick
06-30-2016, 12:01 PM
But, if the NFLPA doesn't agree, he won't talk to them...

RuthlessBurgher
06-30-2016, 12:17 PM
I don't see that Art II or Goodell will do anything. I love James and support his dislike of Goodell but his stipulations are a bit ridiculous. All the NFL will do is send someone to interview him on the first day of camp.

It seems really dumb to wait for training camp to start, thereby interrupting these guys when they are busy with a job to do...they should just interview them now while they have time off.

RuthlessBurgher
07-12-2016, 02:01 PM
James Harrison submits sworn affidavit to NFL denying Charles Sly’s allegations
Posted by Mike Florio on July 12, 2016, 12:12 PM EDT

With the NFL and NFL Players Association still at impasse regarding the ability (or lack thereof) of the NFL to compel players to submit to interviews regarding alleged PED use, Steelers linebacker James Harrison has decided to make his overall position as to the allegations against him clear.

Harrison has submitted, through the NFLPA, a sworn affidavit denying the claims made in the Al Jazeera documentary that pointed a finger at multiple NFL players.

In the affidavit, a copy of which PFT has obtained, Harrison denies having communications with Charles Sly by email, text message or otherwise, denies knowing him, denies being supplied with “D-2” or “Delta-2,” denies ingesting “Delta-2,” and denies every violating the PED policy.

Along with the affidavit, the NFLPA submitted to the NFL a list of the total references to Harrison in the Al Jazeera documentary. Charles Sly, in five lines of dialogue with an undercover reporter, says that Harrison has been supplied “with some stuff” and that Harrison takes D-2.

In the cover letter that sends the affidavit and partial transcript to the league, NFLPA associate general counsel Heather McPhee explains that neither the CBA nor the PED policy provide that a player “must agree to an in-person interview based upon random, baseless verbal remarks or face discipline for a failure to cooperate with a league investigation.” (As we read the CBA and the PED policy, there’s actually no obligation for the player to do anything until after he has been disciplined and has filed an appeal.) McPhee explains that the NFLPA and Harrison “have simply asked the NFL to meet its obligation as a responsible, sophisticated employer to perform rigorous due diligence prior to demanding interview[s] with employees.”

The letter concludes by taking the position that, “[i]n the absence of the existence of any documented, credible evidence, this affidavit constitutes reasonable cooperation by this employee.”

Here’s what’s really happening. The NFLPA wants to force the NFL to put all of its cards on the table before Harrison submits to an interview. The NFL wants to conceal whatever cards it may be holding beyond Sly’s comments — or at a minimum to make Harrison think there may be other cards that are being concealed when he sits down for an interview. The overriding problem is that neither the CBA nor the PED policy set forth procedures regarding information that must be exchanged before a formal interview.

Unless someone blinks, the best outcome would be for the two sides to submit the controversy to a third party arbitrator for a resolution, and then to agree to a specific procedure for similar situations in the future, if anything like this ever happens again.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/12/james-harrison-submits-sworn-affidavit-to-nfl-denying-charles-slys-allegations/

SteelCrazy
07-12-2016, 06:36 PM
James Harrison submits sworn affidavit to NFL denying Charles Sly’s allegations
Posted by Mike Florio on July 12, 2016, 12:12 PM EDT

With the NFL and NFL Players Association still at impasse regarding the ability (or lack thereof) of the NFL to compel players to submit to interviews regarding alleged PED use, Steelers linebacker James Harrison has decided to make his overall position as to the allegations against him clear.

Harrison has submitted, through the NFLPA, a sworn affidavit denying the claims made in the Al Jazeera documentary that pointed a finger at multiple NFL players.

In the affidavit, a copy of which PFT has obtained, Harrison denies having communications with Charles Sly by email, text message or otherwise, denies knowing him, denies being supplied with “D-2” or “Delta-2,” denies ingesting “Delta-2,” and denies every violating the PED policy.

Along with the affidavit, the NFLPA submitted to the NFL a list of the total references to Harrison in the Al Jazeera documentary. Charles Sly, in five lines of dialogue with an undercover reporter, says that Harrison has been supplied “with some stuff” and that Harrison takes D-2.

In the cover letter that sends the affidavit and partial transcript to the league, NFLPA associate general counsel Heather McPhee explains that neither the CBA nor the PED policy provide that a player “must agree to an in-person interview based upon random, baseless verbal remarks or face discipline for a failure to cooperate with a league investigation.” (As we read the CBA and the PED policy, there’s actually no obligation for the player to do anything until after he has been disciplined and has filed an appeal.) McPhee explains that the NFLPA and Harrison “have simply asked the NFL to meet its obligation as a responsible, sophisticated employer to perform rigorous due diligence prior to demanding interview[s] with employees.”

The letter concludes by taking the position that, “[i]n the absence of the existence of any documented, credible evidence, this affidavit constitutes reasonable cooperation by this employee.”

Here’s what’s really happening. The NFLPA wants to force the NFL to put all of its cards on the table before Harrison submits to an interview. The NFL wants to conceal whatever cards it may be holding beyond Sly’s comments — or at a minimum to make Harrison think there may be other cards that are being concealed when he sits down for an interview. The overriding problem is that neither the CBA nor the PED policy set forth procedures regarding information that must be exchanged before a formal interview.

Unless someone blinks, the best outcome would be for the two sides to submit the controversy to a third party arbitrator for a resolution, and then to agree to a specific procedure for similar situations in the future, if anything like this ever happens again.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/12/james-harrison-submits-sworn-affidavit-to-nfl-denying-charles-slys-allegations/

Why is the NFL being such a bad ass in this situation? From all information available, the only thing that the NFL has to go on is this guys statement, said in such a way you'd think he's lying and later admits he was lying.

Someone hates Deebo.....

Ghost
07-12-2016, 06:52 PM
Other than 100% denial of even knowing this guy, much less taking what he said they did; I have not seen anything regarding what the NFL is doing to interview Clay Mathews and Julius Peppers. Is JH the only one getting harassed or is just the most vocal about telling Roger to go F himself?

Oviedo
07-13-2016, 05:46 AM
Why is the NFL being such a bad ass in this situation? From all information available, the only thing that the NFL has to go on is this guys statement, said in such a way you'd think he's lying and later admits he was lying.

Someone hates Deebo.....

Like I said before, shame on the NFL for legitimizing an anti-American, terrorist "rag."

Shoe
07-13-2016, 10:12 AM

Someone hates Deebo.....

Well, to be totally honest (and from the PoV of someone who follows MMA)... every name on that list is someone who I would assume is a user. And when you talk about James... if I take off my Steeler colored glasses--I see a 38 year old who is simply defying Father Time. In one of the most physically demanding positions in the league (i.e. where athleticism reigns... Corner is probably the most), James continues to be physically able. It's kinda like how Lance Armstrong (in a world of cheaters) was head and shoulders above the rest. Or how Anderson Silva reigned over MMA, or Usain Bolt, or Barry Bonds.

It is the same way that I see JJ Watt outperforming Reggie White and his dominance. Peppers still balling at his age. Or Clay Matthews. They probably do hate Deebo, but (if the allegation is true and if Deebo is putting on this front and making them look false) I can understand their PoV.

RuthlessBurgher
07-13-2016, 10:31 AM
General question about this whole thing...even if the all of these allegations made were true (which would appear to be a stretch at this point, but bear with me), and all of these NFL players bought PED's from this place, what can the NFL ultimately do about it?

I believe the CBA says that NFL players can only be suspended for PED's if they test positive, right?

If these guys are using, and your tests aren't detecting it, all that means is your testing system sucks and need to be upgraded. You can't just suspend guys who haven't tested positive for anything.

Oviedo
07-13-2016, 10:36 AM
General question about this whole thing...even if the all of these allegations made were true (which would appear to be a stretch at this point, but bear with me), and all of these NFL players bought PED's from this place, what can the NFL ultimately do about it?

I believe the CBA says that NFL players can only be suspended for PED's if they test positive, right?

If these guys are using, and your tests aren't detecting it, all that means is your testing system sucks and need to be upgraded. You can't just suspend guys who haven't tested positive for anything.

That is my understanding. I can believe unfounded speculation is justification for anything in the CBA.

RuthlessBurgher
07-22-2016, 09:30 PM
By Michael David Smith
July 22, 2016, 6:04 PM EDT
NFL insists players named in PED report must give interviews

The NFL is not backing down on its insistence that the players named in an Al Jazeera documentary about performance-enhancing drugs must agree to interviews as part of the league’s investigation.

The players involved are Packers linebackers Julius Peppers and Clay Matthews, Steelers linebacker James Harrison and free agent (and former Packer) Mike Neal. Peyton Manning is also part of the NFL’s investigation, although his retirement means he’s no longer a member of the NFL Players Association and not a part of the ongoing battle between the league and the union over whether players must give interviews to league investigators.

The four players submitted affidavits responding to the allegations made against them in the Al Jazeera documentary, but Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the NFL still insists that affidavits aren’t good enough, and they must give interviews.

The players’ union insists that the NFL has no right to investigate players unless there’s “credible evidence” that they used PEDs. The NFL says the league only needs credible evidence to impose discipline, not to launch an investigation. The league plans to send investigators to Packers camp and Steelers camp to interview the players, but the players are expected to decline to be interviewed.

RuthlessBurgher
07-25-2016, 11:43 AM
NFL exonerates Peyton Manning
Posted by Mike Florio on July 25, 2016, 11:07 AM EDT

When Al Jazeera linked multiple NFL players to PED use last December, the report resonated nationally for one of them. And that player has become the first one to be cleared.

“Following a comprehensive seven-month investigation into allegations made in a documentary by Al-Jazeera America, the NFL found no credible evidence that Peyton Manning was provided with or used HGH or other substances prohibited by the league’s policy on performance-enhancing substances, it was announced today,” the league said in a statement.

“The Mannings were fully cooperative with the investigation and provided both interviews and access to all records sought by the investigators. Initiated in January, the investigation was led by the NFL’s security and legal teams with support from expert consultants and other professionals. The investigation involved witness interviews, a review of relevant records and other materials, online research, and laboratory analysis and review. Separately, the NFL’s investigation continues into the documentary’s allegations made against other NFL players, which involve different lines of inquiry and witnesses.”

The league didn’t disclose exactly what happened during the “seven-month” investigation. Manning, who loudly denied HGH use in multiple interviews given after the story first emerged, undoubtedly denied it loudly during his interview with the NFL.

The only way for the NFL to know definitively whether Manning did or didn’t use HGH would be to receive full and complete records from the Guyer Institute in Indianapolis regarding treatment received by and medication provided to Manning and his wife, Ashley, during the relevant time period. The statement from the NFL doesn’t specifically identify those records, explaining only that the Mannings “provided access to all records sought by the investigators.” If, in theory, the investigators didn’t seek the right documents, the investigators wouldn’t have gotten the right information.

The report comes at a time when the NFL continues to insist that the other players implicated in the report — Packers linebackers Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers, Steelers linebacker James Harrison, and free-agent defensive lineman Mike Neal — must submit to interviews even though the only publicly known evidence of HGH use comes from the Al Jazeera report. It will be hard for some (specifically Patriots fans) to reconcile the league’s ongoing investigation of these four players if the NFL already has concluded that the since-retracted claims of Charles Sly, a former Guyer Institute employee who was recorded without his knowledge, are not credible as to Manning.

If they’re not credible as to Manning, how can they be credible as to anyone else?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/25/nfl-exonerates-peyton-manning/

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
07-26-2016, 09:15 AM
So let me get this straight. The source of the original report has already backed off his story. The league conducted an investigation and found that one of the players named is false. Why has this not been brushed aside yet?

If the story was so explicit that it even explained that Manning had HGH delivered to his wife, and the league investigation has shown this to be a fabrication, then how can anything from this Al Jazeera article still be considered?

Eich
07-26-2016, 09:45 AM
So let me get this straight. The source of the original report has already backed off his story. The league conducted an investigation and found that one of the players named is false. Why has this not been brushed aside yet?

If the story was so explicit that it even explained that Manning had HGH delivered to his wife, and the league investigation has shown this to be a fabrication, then how can anything from this Al Jazeera article still be considered?

The only reason I can think of is because the League (Goodell) refuses to be told what to do. It's just a power struggle at this point.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
07-26-2016, 10:13 AM
The only reason I can think of is because the League (Goodell) refuses to be told what to do. It's just a power struggle at this point.

I agree 100%.

RuthlessBurgher
07-27-2016, 10:10 PM
By Zac Jackson
July 27, 2016, 8:35 PM EDT
Report: No NFL interview scheduled with James Harrison

The NFL has not scheduled an interview with Steelers linebacker James Harrison regarding the Al Jazeera report accusing him of using performance-enhancing drugs, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Wednesday.

Harrison had posted a letter on social media from the NFL last month that informed him an interview would take place July 28, the first day the Steelers report to training camp. But the Post-Gazette story quotes NFLPA spokesman Carl Francis as saying no interview is scheduled to take place.

Earlier this month Harrison provided a sworn affidavit in which he denied any wrongdoing and any charges brought about by the Al Jazeera report.

The NFL had said it still wanted to talk with Harrison and other players named in the report, and Harrison originally said he’d love to talk with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell — if Goodell came to Harrison’s house for the interview.

Retired quarterback Peyton Manning, one of the players named in the report, cooperated with investigators and was recently cleared of any wrongdoing.

RuthlessBurgher
07-28-2016, 10:24 AM
Packers applying pressure to Matthews, Peppers to submit to PED interviews
Posted by Mike Florio on July 28, 2016, 5:59 AM EDT

The impasse between the NFL and the NFL Players Association over the investigation regarding the Al Jazeera documentary containing allegations against four active NFL players lingers, with the league wanting to interview them, the union declining to make them available, and the league not yet saying, “The interview will occur at this specific time. Show up and cooperate or be punished for failure to do so.”

It’s unclear whether the league will make such an ultimatum. Behind the scenes, however, efforts are ongoing to persuade the players to comply. In Green Bay, for example, a league source tells PFT that some pressure is being applied by the Packers to linebackers Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers to submit to the requested interviews.

There’s not much the team can do other than appeal to their desire to be exonerated, to avoid negative P.R., to get the matter behind them, and to minimize the possibility of a potential distraction. If the players are clean, it’s easy to argue that they should want to submit to the interviews so that the league eventually could issue a press release exonerating them, like the one issued earlier this week to exonerate Peyton Manning.

The NFLPA, which still harbors some lingering ill will toward Packers president and former player Mark Murphy from the CBA talks of 2011, nevertheless believes that allowing players to be interviewed based only on the recanted allegations of Charles Sly creates a bad precedent. The fact that the league ultimately regarded Sly’s allegations against Manning to be not credible makes it even more important to insist on something more than Sly’s shaky word before allowing the league to launch a fishing expedition aimed at getting them to say something that could be used against them.

For now, the active players have held firm. Even free-agent Mike Neal, who has linked his ongoing unemployment to the lingering cloud of PED suspicion, has not yielded. As long as they do, the ball will be in the NFL’s court — and the question will be whether the league wants to draw a line in the sand based on allegations from someone whom the league already has determined to be, as it related to Peyton Manning, not believable.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/28/packers-applying-pressure-to-matthews-peppers-to-submit-to-ped-interviews/

RuthlessBurgher
08-02-2016, 10:20 AM
James Harrison decries “flimsy [expletive] allegations” of PED use
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 2, 2016, 5:41 AM EDT

Steelers linebacker James Harrison is still not happy that the NFL wants to interview him about an Al Jazeera documentary that suggested he was using performance-enhancing drugs.

“I’m not even thinking about it,” Harrison told USA Today. “It’s not going to affect me. It’s all flimsy, [expletive] allegations, anyway.”

Harrison said teammates haven’t said anything to him about the PED allegations.

“No, nobody’s said anything,” he said. “They know it’s all [expletive].”

But the NFL doesn’t know it’s all [expletive]. The league is still investigating the matter, and if the league believes there’s merit to the Al Jazeera report, Harrison could face a suspension.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/02/james-harrison-decries-flimsy-expletive-allegations-of-ped-use/

SanAntonioSteelerFan
08-02-2016, 08:18 PM
I would think if the union contract doesn't give the NFL the right to demand an interview, and with punishment if the player refuses to give one ... what the NFL wants is completely irrelevant.

BradshawsHairdresser
08-15-2016, 07:50 PM
The Fuhrer intends to suspend Harrison if he doesn't give an interview by August 25.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/15/nfl-will-suspend-al-jazeera-4-if-they-dont-give-interviews/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/15/nfl-prepares-to-use-brady-precedent-to-force-cooperation-with-ped-investigation/

Ghost
08-15-2016, 08:03 PM
The Fuhrer intends to suspend Harrison if he doesn't give an interview by August 25.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/15/nfl-will-suspend-al-jazeera-4-if-they-dont-give-interviews/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/15/nfl-prepares-to-use-brady-precedent-to-force-cooperation-with-ped-investigation/

This is total bull sh$t. I wish the Rooney's or the entire team would threaten to hold out unless that piece of Sh!t Goodell dropped this nonsense. At some point you have to back your players, especially against a liar who has recanted his entire story and an organization that closed down. These allegations are a total farce.

F@ck the NFL on this one. They are wrong.

phillyesq
08-16-2016, 09:39 AM
The players union needs to step up here. Harrison can't be fighting this battle on his own.

RuthlessBurgher
08-16-2016, 10:07 AM
Packers, Steelers conspicuously silent on looming player suspensions
Posted by Mike Florio on August 16, 2016, 9:21 AM EDT

When the NFL targeted Patriots quarterback Tom Brady for a suspension, the team made its displeasure known. The team is still making its displeasure known, from time to time.

So with the NFL now threatening to suspend Packers linebacker Clay Matthews, Packers linebacker Julius Peppers, and Steelers linebacker James Harrison, is either team making its displeasure known? Nope, at least not yet.

As the stare down between the NFL and the NFL Players Association continues over whether the players will submit to interviews in connection with the PED investigation arising from an Al Jazeera documentary, it will be interesting to see whether the teams chime in, like the Patriots did before, during, and after the NFL’s effort to suspend Tom Brady.

Regardless of whether either team says anything publicly, it’s hard not to wonder whether they will say anything privately. Although many believe that Commissioner Roger Goodell is simply the surrogate for the policies and preferences of the owners who run the league, the owners still run the league. The notion that every team must accept the inevitable possibility of enduring a competitive disadvantage in the hopes of preserving collective power over the players may not sit well with all of them.

It definitely didn’t sit well with the Patriots. For now, it doesn’t seem to be a problem for the Packers or the Steelers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/16/packers-steelers-conspicuously-silent-on-looming-player-suspensions/

Shoe
08-16-2016, 10:54 AM
I haven't been following this story much... I didn't think suspension was part of the deal. But if James is suspended, I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing. 1) It saves Harrison's body, for the stretch run. I know he doesn't want to hear that noise, but it's the truth. A 38-year old needs rest. 2) We have Jarvis, in a contract year. He will get to really show if he has anything. And at worst, he's serviceable. 3) Chickillo! It may open up playing time for Chickillo, which would be super valuable for him.

The main point being: James Harrison will be much more effective in a 12-game season for him, than a 16.

Slapstick
08-16-2016, 10:58 AM
If I read the NFL's ultimatum correctly, the players will be suspended until they agree to an interview. They need to take it to court. Get an injunction for a year and then Harrison can retire. Big ol' middle finger to Goodell...

BradshawsHairdresser
08-16-2016, 11:32 AM
I haven't been following this story much... I didn't think suspension was part of the deal. But if James is suspended, I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing. 1) It saves Harrison's body, for the stretch run. I know he doesn't want to hear that noise, but it's the truth. A 38-year old needs rest. 2) We have Jarvis, in a contract year. He will get to really show if he has anything. And at worst, he's serviceable. 3) Chickillo! It may open up playing time for Chickillo, which would be super valuable for him.

The main point being: James Harrison will be much more effective in a 12-game season for him, than a 16.

You're assuming it would be a 4-game suspension. But I haven't seen anything that indicates that. What I read is "indefinite suspension." "Indefinite suspension" until the players agree to an interview...and then, they could possibly be suspended even longer afterward, if Bad-ell doesn't like what they tell him. Could wind up being 8 games, or 12, or even 16. Sure, James would be well-rested, but he wouldn't be much help to the team. All of this without any credible evidence of wrongdoing on the part of the players. Do you think the players, if they had a re-do on the CBA, might decide not to give the dicktator quite as much power?

BradshawsHairdresser
08-16-2016, 11:38 AM
If I read the NFL's ultimatum correctly, the players will be suspended until they agree to an interview. They need to take it to court. Get an injunction for a year and then Harrison can retire. Big ol' middle finger to Goodell...

Not sure they can "get an injunction for a year" ... some precedent may have been established already.

I doubt you'll hear a peep from the Rooneys on this one--they're likely standing with Roger.

MCHammer
08-16-2016, 12:45 PM
The players union needs to step up here. Harrison can't be fighting this battle on his own.

Bouchette said something on the radio indicating its the union that is encouraging Harrison.

RuthlessBurgher
08-16-2016, 01:13 PM
Not sure they can "get an injunction for a year" ... some precedent may have been established already.

I doubt you'll hear a peep from the Rooneys on this one--they're likely standing with Roger.

The precedent is Brady on both sides. He did not cooperate with a league investigation (refused to give up his cell phone and instead destroyed it), and he was supposed to be suspended for the first 4 games last year (when we were scheduled to play them week 1) but the suspension got pushed off for a year so he'll miss the first 4 games this season instead (when we are scheduled to play them week 7).

RuthlessBurgher
08-16-2016, 01:27 PM
Tomlin on Ben, Harrison & Bell
Posted 13 minutes ago

Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

Coach Mike Tomlin addressed who won't play and and other hot topics today.

LATROBE, Pa. – The Steelers are preparing for their second preseason game when they host the Philadelphia Eagles at Heinz Field on Thursday night. And for the second consecutive week Coach Mike Tomlin will sit some of his offensive stars.

Running backs Le’Veon Bell and DeAngelo Williams, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and receiver Antonio Brown will not play.

“These are guys I choose not to play,” said Tomlin. “That is my decision. We will see where we are next week with those guys.

“I know what Ben is capable of. I have worked with him for a decade now. He showed up in tremendous condition. He has performed well. He is a veteran. What is required of him to be ready to play might be different than others. My job is to give everybody what it is they need to be ready to go. I just believe the reps are better served given to guys like Landry (Jones) and Dustin (Vaughan). It won’t hurt him by not getting them.”

Center Maurkice Pouncey, who didn’t play last week, will return to the field this week for the first time after missing the entire 2015 season.

* While who won’t play this week was the hot football topic during Tomlin’s weekly press conference, potential suspensions were also a hot button item.

The NFL sent a letter to the NFLPA stating it will suspend linebacker James Harrison and any other players mentioned in an Al Jazeera America documentary if they don’t cooperate with the league and conduct an interview regarding allegations of PED use made in the documentary last December. Harrison has been advised by the NFLPA at this point not to do the interview.

“Nobody wants to be suspended,” said Harrison. “When it comes down to it, I want to play. It’s certain rules and things they need to go through that they didn’t even go through to even start an investigation.”

Harrison was asked if he would do the interview if the Steelers persuaded him to, and after a brief pause answered.

“I’ll just have to deal with that when the time comes,” said Harrison. “I am sure I would lean in that direction because I don’t want to let my teammates down, I don’t want to let the organization down.”

Tomlin said the issue is one between Harrison and the NFLPA and NFL.

“I won’t advise James of anything,” said Tomlin. “That has nothing to do with us. That is between him and the NFLPA and the league and I assume he is going to do what he needs to do.”

* Bell is still awaiting word on an appeal he filed with the NFL regarding a potential suspension for violation of the NFL’s substance abuse policy.

Bell was suspended for the first two games of the 2015 season for violating the policy, and is now appealing a second suspension for what is being reported as a missed test, which the NFL categorizes as a failed test in Bell’s case because of his previous violation.

He hasn’t heard anything back, and wasn’t commenting on it, instead just focusing on getting ready to play.

“I’ll be ready to go whenever they call my number,” said Bell. “I trained all summer to get ready for this time of year, make sure I didn’t miss time in camp, and make sure my knee feels good. I feel great.”

Tomlin said the appeal for the suspension is not playing any type of role in the planning during training camp and the preseason.

“We are going to wait until a judgment is rendered and act accordingly from there,” said Tomlin. “I don’t want to waste time with speculation. It’s usually not a productive use of time.

“We’re preparing him to get ready for the season. He has done a nice job of it. He is a guy we choose to see others at his position at this point in the preseason and that is how we have approached his circumstances. The things that have been going on with him in New York haven’t been a factor whatsoever.”

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Tomlin-on-Ben-Harrison--Bell/86e0d023-7d2f-4d16-9df1-c76b6c5feeed

RuthlessBurgher
08-16-2016, 01:30 PM
Mike Tomlin says Steelers won’t push James Harrison to cooperate
Posted by Josh Alper on August 16, 2016, 1:21 PM EDT

Steelers linebacker James Harrison followed up his video response to being scheduled for a PED test on Tuesday morning by reiterating that he’s willing to submit to an interview about allegations that he’s used banned substances if NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell comes to his house to conduct it.

Harrison says he believes “there are certain rules” the league has not followed regarding beginning an investigation and that he won’t “answer questions for ever little thing Tom, Dick and Harry come up with.” Harrison did say that he would “lean” toward changing his stance at the request of the team because he doesn’t want to let either the organization or teammates down should the league follow through on its threat to suspend him if he doesn’t interview by August 26.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said on Tuesday that no such request is going to come, however.

“That has nothing to do with us,” Tomlin said, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “That is between him, the PA and the league. I assume that he is going to do what he has to do.”

What Harrison feels he has to do in this case and what the league feels he has to do have yet to overlap, which could leave the Steelers down a linebacker by the end of the month if things continue on the same course.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/16/mike-tomlin-says-steelers-wont-push-james-harrison-to-cooperate/

RuthlessBurgher
08-16-2016, 01:50 PM
Faced with suspension threat, NFLPA’s only option may be to file a lawsuit
Posted by Mike Florio on August 16, 2016, 11:55 AM EDT

The NFL is attempting to impose onto the PED policy an obligation for players to provide evidence that would be used against them (other than the urine samples they routinely provide). With the league funneling that requirement not through the PED policy but through the Article 46 concept of conduct detrimental to the league, the chances of making that approach stick are enhanced, thanks to the recent ruling in the Tom Brady litigation.

The NFL Players Association hasn’t responded to Monday’s letter from the league drawing a clear line in the sand, but at this point the only viable response may be to file a lawsuit or to otherwise seek an expedited ruling from a neutral body charged with interpreting the labor deal.

Although the suspensions have not been implemented and appeal rights (meaningless as they may be) would apply, the NFLPA could seek a ruling that blocks the league from implementing suspensions until the underlying dispute regarding whether the league has the right to compel interviews is resolved.

That’s ultimately the question: Whether the PED policy allows the NFL to force players to provide testimony or other evidence (other than periodic urine samples) in connection with an investigation of a violation unrelated to a positive test.

The PED policy, as written, contemplates that the NFL will impose discipline if it has “credible evidence” of a violation, and that the player then will tell his side of the story if he files an appeal. Since the PED policy says nothing about requiring players to submit testimony or other evidence before a finding of a violation is made, the players arguably have no obligation at all to cooperate with the investigation. The NFL, emboldened by the ultimate outcome (pending appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court) of the Brady case, points to Article 46 as the basis for forcing the players to cooperate.

Ultimately, someone needs to decide whether the PED policy or Article 46 control this situation. If the NFLPA hopes to avoid putting players in a talk-or-don’t-play dilemma, the NFLPA must move quickly to initiate the process of filing the appropriate claim with the appropriate tribunal regarding the conflict between the terms of the PED policy and the league’s powers under Article 46.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/16/faced-with-suspension-threat-nflpas-only-option-may-be-to-file-a-lawsuit/

RuthlessBurgher
08-16-2016, 01:57 PM
James Harrison gets PED test on Tuesday
Posted by Josh Alper on August 16, 2016, 10:48 AM EDT

On Monday, the NFL informed the NFL Players Association that they plan to suspend four players who were accused of using performance-enhancing drugs in an Al-Jazeera America documentary if those players don’t sit down for interviews with them by August 26.

Steelers linebacker James Harrison is one of those four players, which led to a humorous reaction from the veteran when he found out that he was scheduled for a random PED test on Tuesday. Harrison posted a video to Facebook of his reaction to learning about the test — his eyebrows were making a break for the top of his head when he feigned surprise at the timing of the random test — before hopping in a golf cart to take it.

The video stops there. As Harrison previously learned, league rules mean he can’t actually film the drug test itself.

He’s previously denied the allegation in a sworn affidavit and said he’ll sit for an interview if Roger Goodell comes to his house for it, which seems unlikely so we’ll see if the suspension threat leads to a change in his position.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/16/james-harrison-gets-ped-test-on-tuesday/

RuthlessBurgher
08-16-2016, 02:00 PM
James Harrison is prepared to sit out, if necessary
Posted by Mike Florio on August 16, 2016, 1:56 PM EDT

As the NFL Players Association formulates a plan for responding to the NFL’s interview-or-else mandate directed to Packers linebacker Clay Matthews, Packers linebacker Julius Peppers, Steelers linebacker James Harrison, and free-agent defensive lineman Mike Neal, Harrison is willing to sit out, if it’s the right thing to do.

Even though Harrison claims he has nothing to hide — he reiterated an invitation to conduct the interview at his house, with Commissioner Roger Goodell attending — Harrison realizes that compelling players to give evidence in response to unsubstantiated allegations opens the door for a wide variety of outcomes.

“Somebody could come out and say James Harrison is a pedophile,” Harrison said, via Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.com. “They are going to suspend me, put me under investigation for being a pedophile just because somebody said it? I’m not going to answer questions for every little thing some Tom, Dick and Harry comes up with.”

As a result, Harrison will take the advice of the NFLPA.

“I’ll do what I have to do,” Harrison said. “They’ll do what they have to do. We’ll make that decision when that time comes. . . . I just am doing what I’m advised to do [by the NFLPA]. It’s the right thing to do.”

With the deadline for talking nine days away, the only thing for the NFLPA to do will be to seek an immediate ruling from a third party regarding whether Article 46 trumps the PED policy on the question of whether players are compelled to provide testimony that can be used against them for PED allegations unrelated to a positive test or a violation of the law.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/16/james-harrison-is-prepared-to-sit-out-if-necessary/

Eich
08-16-2016, 03:56 PM
This is just NUTZ. The league (Goodell) is on a serious power trip. You wonder, the way things are going, if all the players are one day going to just walk out over something that Goodell is doing.

SteelCrazy
08-16-2016, 05:40 PM
The NFL said Manning participated and found no evidence that he used or possessed anything illegal. Shouldn't that be enough for the league to have reasonable doubt that the others mentioned are guilty? This really seems like the league is flexing its muscles and making everyone feel them until it hurts.

Captain Lemming
08-16-2016, 08:47 PM
I have expressed that I would not be at all surprised if JH used roids during his career.
Nevertheless, this Al Jezeera stuff is just a joke and sure does not qualify as, "“credible evidence” of a violation"

RuthlessBurgher
08-16-2016, 09:42 PM
By Mike Florio
August 16, 2016, 9:30 PM EDT
NFLPA, four players facing suspension still deciding how to respond

On Monday, the NFL made an aggressive move in the lingering PED probe arising from last year’s Al Jazeera documentary, telling four players to submit to interviews regarding PED allegations or face indefinite suspensions for conduct detrimental to the league. A day later no decisions have been made by the affected players (Packers linebackers Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers, Steelers linebacker James Harrison, and free-agent defensive lineman Mike Neal) regarding how to proceed, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

The options are simple: Submit to the interviews, refuse to submit and fight, or attempt to negotiate terms of an interview with specific ground rules and limitations. It’s possible that some players will choose to submit, and that others will choose to fight. Ultimately, it’s a decision each player must make.

Fighting doesn’t necessarily mean accepting a suspension. However the issue is presented for resolution, by arbitrator, special master, or judge, procedures are available to resolve the conflict between the terms of the PED policy and Article 46 of the labor deal before anyone would miss a game check.

Of the four players facing suspension, Harrison presumably would be the most likely to fight. After all, it was the Steelers in 2011 who voted to reject the proposed CBA, due in large part to the Commissioner’s power. Although the rest of the rank and file weren’t willing to allow the lockout to extend into the regular season, the Steelers apparently would have.

Just last month, Harrison mentioned the Steelers’ refusal to endorse the CBA in response to the news that Tom Brady’s four-game suspension had become final. As a practical matter, this is Harrison’s chance, five years later, to take the stand that players on 31 other teams didn’t want to take, declining to be interviewed and directing the NFLPA to fight the league’s claim that the PED policy requires players accused of a violation to provide testimony that, in theory, could be twisted and warped and taken out of context to support a predetermined conclusion that a violation occurred.

Starlifter
08-17-2016, 08:37 AM
Harrison has already retired once. He is as humble and smart off the field as he is fierce on it. I suspect his finances and plan for the future is well set. In other words, the NFL has no leverage over him. He is the perfect guy to stand up to the league - and I think the NFL is insane for thinking this will turn out well for them.

Slapstick
08-17-2016, 08:46 AM
The difference between this case and the Brady case is "credible evidence". With Brady, the NFL has game balls that were checked prior to the game that "somehow" became deflated while under the Pats*' control.

With Harrison, the NFL has no failed PED tests and a recanted anecdote...

feltdizz
08-17-2016, 09:43 AM
dudes name was Sly and he recanted.. so wtf is the NFL trying to do?

bostonsteeler
08-17-2016, 10:18 AM
dudes name was Sly and he recanted.. so wtf is the NFL trying to do?

Hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but I do believe they genuinely hate Harrison.

Shoe
08-17-2016, 10:33 AM
The difference between this case and the Brady case is "credible evidence". With Brady, the NFL has game balls that were checked prior to the game that "somehow" became deflated while under the Pats*' control.

With Harrison, the NFL has no failed PED tests and a recanted anecdote...

True about Brady*. However, while I'm a huge Harrison fan, I'm under no illusions about him when it comes to something like performance enhancement, and I don't think the NFL is either. That's why (like the Brady* case), they refuse to let go. I'm sure they feel like there's smoke there.

RuthlessBurgher
08-17-2016, 10:34 AM
Hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but I do believe they genuinely hate Harrison.

What's the issue with Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers, and Mike Neal then, since all 4 guys are in the same boat right now (actually, I think it's worst for Neal, since he can't seem to get a job with this garbage still going on).

Slapstick
08-17-2016, 01:20 PM
True about Brady*. However, while I'm a huge Harrison fan, I'm under no illusions about him when it comes to something like performance enhancement, and I don't think the NFL is either. That's why (like the Brady* case), they refuse to let go. I'm sure they feel like there's smoke there.

But, no actual evidence.

Oviedo
08-17-2016, 01:30 PM

They are conducting a "witch hunt" based upon the word of an admitted liar that was published in a terrorist rag

Don't get confused thinking this is about determining the truth. This is about the precedent of the league being able to investigate anything they consider suspicious for "the good of the league." Unfortunately for the players it is amateur hour at the NFLPA

RuthlessBurgher
08-17-2016, 01:50 PM
NFLPA president: Union is advising Matthews, Harrison, Peppers, Neal as to their options
Posted by Mike Florio on August 17, 2016, 11:55 AM EDT

On Monday, the NFL drew a line in the sand. Since then, the NFL Players Association and the four players facing a talk-or-else mandate have been deciding whether to step across it.

“We’ve spent the last few days advising our players and letting them know in a completely honest and open way exactly what their options are, what they want to do,” NFLPA president Eric Winston said regarding Packers linebackers Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers, Steelers linebacker James Harrison, and free-agent defensive lineman Mike Neal during a Wednesday morning appearance on PFT Live. “Each case is different, each guy is different. Each guy might want to do different things so no matter what we’re going fight for them like crazy like we always do, and we’re going go and have our players’ backs. That’s what we’re all about and that’s all we can do and that’s what we’re going to continue to do.”

It’s clear that Winston isn’t pleased with the position the NFL has taken.

“It’s definitely peak silliness and peak unprofessionalism,” Winston said. “It is what it is and unfortunately we’ve gone from this place where NFL [business] used to be conducted in a super-professional way by men that have played this game for a long time and a front office that has run this great game for a long time to now it’s almost seemingly like these scripts that are pulled from WWE Smackdown or something like that. It’s hard to understand why this is being allowed to continue on by some ownership that has some control but it is and we’re going to keep fighting. We’re going to keep advising our players in an open and honest way exactly about what their rights are and about what their options are and we’ll continue to go down this road and we’ll continue to fight for our players.”

And so it will be up to the four players to decide whether to fight this. What would Winston do if he were one of them?

“That’s a great question,” Winston said. “I just haven’t really put myself in that situation. You know me, I’d probably be more apt to fight. I told our guys that want to get this done and get this over, with the season coming up as well. It’s hard for me to say that one guy should do this or one guy should do that. Like I said I think every guy’s perception and what angle they’re coming from is different, and that’s why they have to make the decision. I can’t make it for them and nobody else can make it for them.”

Regardless of how this turns out, Winston hopes the fans and the media are beginning to realize how business gets done.

“I keep on thinking that every time we come to one of these instances, you know?” Winston said. “That everybody’s finally going to realize what we’ve been talking about now for a long, long time and there’s just a couple of things that really strike out to me is the bully mentality that they’ve used for quite some time. When they can’t get their way they’re going to bully you and they’re going to try to bully you and maybe sadly that’s where negotiations and things like that have gone to in America. That’s something I’m starting to see a lot more of. But on top of it, it’s also like you get to this point of where do we go from here? How do we resolve any of these differences? And it’s tough. That’s the most frustrating thing for me I guess.”

The four players have until August 25 to decide whether to submit to the interviews or to fight. Presumably, there’s a way to fight that secures a resolution of the question of whether the players are obligated to submit to interviews based on uncorroborated allegations of PED use before they actually have to decide to voluntarily give up game checks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/17/nflpa-president-union-is-advising-matthews-harrison-peppers-neal-as-to-their-options/

Starlifter
08-17-2016, 01:53 PM

I'm trying not to be biased - and it's easy to see someone so large and think there must be something fishy going on.

But then I see video of him throwing medicine balls over a volleryball net.
I see instagrams of him at 5am in the morning throwing up the weights.

I've never seen one positive test, one accusation with merit, one shred of evidence.

all that's before me is a workaholic and an overachiever that came out of kent state.

so if I'm being fooled, so be it. I'm giving JH the benefit of the doubt and the respect for the work ethic he's shown through his whole career.

Iron City Inc.
08-17-2016, 02:53 PM
I do not comment on this type of thing often but I do not see this ending well for us or James.

RuthlessBurgher
08-17-2016, 02:58 PM
I do not comment on this type of thing often but I do not see this ending well for us or James.

Why not? The league already determined that the allegations made against Peyton were B.S., and the only reason they want to interview Harrison, Matthews, Peppers, and Neal is because their names also came up in that same B.S. Al Jazeera report.

Iron City Inc.
08-17-2016, 03:06 PM
Why not? The league already determined that the allegations made against Peyton were B.S., and the only reason they want to interview Harrison, Matthews, Peppers, and Neal is because their names also came up in that same B.S. Al Jazeera report.
Hope I'm wrong but if he doesn't go and talk the league is now in a "Game On" situation. James vs. the NFL who would you put your money on. Not right or wrong not did he take ped's who wins who looses. I don't like it at all.

SteelCrazy
08-17-2016, 03:45 PM

That's what I said earlier, about Peyton being cleared, so it stands to reason that the rest are innocent.

BradshawsHairdresser
08-17-2016, 05:44 PM
Hope I'm wrong but if he doesn't go and talk the league is now in a "Game On" situation. James vs. the NFL who would you put your money on. Not right or wrong not did he take ped's who wins who looses. I don't like it at all.

I'm with you on that.

RuthlessBurgher
08-17-2016, 09:13 PM
By Mike Florio
August 17, 2016, 6:44 PM EDT
The risks of submitting to a PED interview

Many (including unofficial league-office executive Stephen A. Smith) have argued that the players implicated by the Al Jazeera documentary as violators of the PED policy should submit to the NFL’s line-in-the-sand demand for an interrogation. If, after all, the players have nothing to hide, why shouldn’t they talk?

Here’s why: Because the players don’t know whether the NFL has a predetermined outcome that the league is looking to support via the selective interpretation of evidence, to the point of twisting it and/or warping it and/or flat-out mischaracterizing what they say.

Before anyone suggests that I remove the tin-foil hat, that tin-foil hat came in handy during the Saints bounty scandal, when the NFL tried to put words in Anthony Hargrove’s mouth in order to bolster the appearance that Hargrove was anxious to recover payment for battering Vikings quarterback Brett Favre in the 2009 NFC title game. That tin-foil hat also came in handy when dissecting the backward-ass junk science of #DeflateGate, along with comparing Tom Brady’s sworn testimony during his internal appeal to the manner in which Brady’s words were distorted in the appeal ruling from Commissioner Roger Goodell.

Football players aren’t lawyers or linguists, skilled in properly maneuvering and manipulating words in order to avoid giving the league through inadvertence or lack of precision a chunk of syllables that can be used to support a Constanza-esque “a-ha!” and a finding of guilt that the league office is hoping to impose. So when the players tell the truth with words that may be bent into an alternative version of the truth, that’s a very good reason to not say anything.

Then there’s the possibility that they’ll be asked a laundry list of questions about any and all communications with Charles Sly, the former Guyer Institute employee/intern/whatever whose claims already have been deemed to be not credible as to retired quarterback Peyton Manning but somehow retain potential credibility as to Packers linebacker Clay Matthews, Packers linebacker Julius Peppers, Steelers linebacker James Harrison, and free-agent defensive lineman Mike Neal. If/when the players deny knowing, talking to, texting, or emailing Sly, next will quite possibly come the request for (drum roll, please) their cellphones, so that the absence of any communications with Sly can be confirmed.

Apart from the privacy concerns that prompted Tom Brady to balk at surrendering his phone, any forgotten or overlooked communication with Sly becomes a potential smoking gun, with the league assuming that the claim of no knowledge of or contact with Sly proves that the claims of PED use are true.

It’s entirely possible that the league is entering this process with a presumption of innocence and a desire to find evidence that will support the exoneration of the players. But it’s also entirely possible, based on past NFL investigations, that league is presuming guilt and looking for any shred of evidence to support a predetermined outcome of a PED violation. Knowing the recent history of the league office’s investigative tactics and not knowing whether the league has an agenda either to prove or disprove the allegations, Matthews, Peppers, Harrison, and Neal should tread lightly — and they should seriously consider pursuing a threshold ruling that there is no obligation for any players to give evidence that may be used against them in conjunction with a PED investigation unrelated to a positive test or a criminal prosecution.

Captain Lemming
08-17-2016, 10:08 PM
What's the issue with Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers, and Mike Neal then, since all 4 guys are in the same boat right now (actually, I think it's worst for Neal, since he can't seem to get a job with this garbage still going on).

He hates the Packers. Clearly he thinks Harrison is a Packer. :)

Ghost
08-18-2016, 10:47 AM
I thought this was a good article on SI regarding why the players should fight this battle against the NFL. Basically the NFL is trying to circumvent the drug policy, which is clearly defined, and use the "conduct detrimental to the league" policy which has no rules as to when it can be applied. The article makes the case that three of these players - Harrison, Peppers and Mathews are major names and have made over $200 M in career earnings. If they can't stand up to this situation then nobody can and then it becomes a total free for all as to when the NFL applies the conduct detrimental label.

I think other (all) players should be stepping up to fight this as well as if effects all of them for many years to come. What would the NFL do if say all the Steelers and all the Packers players refused to play games if any of the guys got suspended? It would be total chaos for the league. I wouldn't mind it a bit.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/08/18/nfl-union-al-jazeera-ped-roger-goodell-notebook

The second problem for the players involves two words from that letter: “conduct detrimental.” The Al Jazeera case falls under the drug policy, and the drug policy is actually one area where the league and union worked hard together to find common ground, got there and carved out a deal accordingly. Goodell’s power under under conduct detrimental is sweeping. His power under the drug policy is not.

And so the league moving Neal, Peppers, Harrison and Matthews from potential drug policy violators into conduct detrimental constitutes an act of war. That puts them into the same arena where Brady and Peterson found themselves losers this summer. You can imagine the dangerous precedent. In essence, Goodell is flexing his home-turf strength at a neutral site.

RuthlessBurgher
08-18-2016, 03:45 PM
Players accused in Al-Jazeera America report will talk to NFL
Posted by Josh Alper on August 18, 2016, 3:30 PM EDT

The last few days have featured plenty of speculation about how the NFL Players Association and the four players accused of procuring performance-enhancing drugs by an Al-Jazeera America report would respond to the league’s demand that they sit for interviews about the accusation or face indefinite suspension for conduct detrimental to the league.

We may have our answer. PFT confirms multiple reports, including one from Chris Mortensen of ESPN, that Steelers linebacker James Harrison, Packers linebacker Julius Peppers and Packers linebacker Clay Matthews have agreed to meet with the league. A source tells PFT that free agent linebacker Mike Neal has not agreed to an interview.

Harrison informed the league in a letter sent by the NFLPA that he will meet for an interview at the team’s facility on August 29. He has also set conditions limiting questions to only the segment cited in the Al-Jazeera report in which he was identified. That is likely an effort to avoid some of the potential risks associated with the interview identified by Mike Florio earlier this week.

The dates for the other interviews are not known.

Former Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning was also implicated in the report and has been cleared by the league after meeting with investigators.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/18/report-players-accused-in-al-jazeera-america-report-will-talk-to-nfl/

RuthlessBurgher
08-18-2016, 04:34 PM
NFLPA letter regarding PED investigation chides NFL for “public shaming” and bullying of players
Posted by Mike Florio on August 18, 2016, 3:57 PM EDT

Three of the four players accused in the Al Jazeera documentary of PED use have decided to submit to the league’s talk-or-else interview demand. PFT has obtained a copy of the letter sent to the league on behalf of Steelers linebacker James Harrison.

In the letter signed by NFLPA Associate General Counsel Heather McPhee, the union accuses the league of a “public shaming” media strategy, and also blames the league for leaking the letter threatening Harrison and the other players with a suspension before it was given to Harrison or the union.

The letter also points to the question that has sparked the controversy culminating in the NFL’s alleged bullying of the players: “Is the NFL aware of any credible evidence — other than the recanted remarks by one individual shown by Al-Jazeera — that indicates there is any validity to the remarks about Mr. Harrison?”

The letter takes the position that the PED policy does not authorize the NFL to demand an interview under threat of suspension, and that Article 46 has no application in this case. Nevertheless, Harrison has agreed to be interviewed “to answer NFL investigators’ questions about the only remarks about him in the Al-Jazeera report,” which consists of Charles Sly saying Harrison is a “f–king beast,” that Sly supplied him “with some stuff,” and that Harrison specifically takes Delta-2.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, similar letters were sent on behalf of Packers linebacker Clay Matthews and Packers linebacker Julius Peppers. (The similarities resulted in a typo in Harrison’s letter, regarding his willingness to be interviewed on August 24 “at the Packers’ facility. He will make himself available at the Steelers’ facility.) Free-agent defensive lineman Mike Neal has not agreed to be interviewed.

The fact that Neal has declined the demand to be interviewed means that his situation will likely become the test case for determining whether Article 46 trumps the PED policy. The fact that Harrison (and presumably Matthews and Peppers) have placed restrictions on the questions they are willing to answer could set the stage for further disagreement and controversy during the interviews — and possibly an effort to suspend them after the fact, if they are deemed to have not fully cooperated with the investigation.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/18/nflpa-letter-regarding-ped-investigation-chides-nfl-for-public-shaming-and-bullying-of-players/

RuthlessBurgher
08-18-2016, 05:51 PM
By Zac Jackson
August 18, 2016, 5:16 PM EDT
Harrison: NFL “has no credible evidence, period”

Steelers linebacker James Harrison decided Thursday to submit to an interview with the NFL regarding the Al-Jazeera report from earlier this year that accused Harrison and other players of taking performance-enhancing drugs.

Harrison spoke with Aditi Kinkhabwala of NFL Network Thursday afternoon when he arrived at Heinz Field for the Steelers’ preseason game vs. the Eagles, and in typical Harrison fashion he delivered a strong quote on the subject.

“They don’t have credible evidence,” he said. “Period. End of discussion.”

Harrison said he agreed to the interview because continuing to fight it and ultimately receiving a suspension “would definitely hurt the team.”

Earlier this summer, Harrison had invited NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to his house for the interview. Harrison informed the NFL of his decision to submit to the interview by submitting a letter via the NFL Players Association.

Harrison’s letter said he will submit to an interview at the team’s facility Aug. 30. The NFL had originally set an Aug. 25 deadline for speaking to the players or they would face suspension.

RuthlessBurgher
08-19-2016, 02:19 PM
Harrison calls Goodell a “crook,” says he’d like public to see interview
Posted by Zac Jackson on August 19, 2016, 12:05 AM EDT

Following Thursday night’s preseason game, Steelers linebacker James Harrison addressed his decision to agree to an interview with the NFL regarding the Al-Jazeera report that accused Harrison of using performance-enhancing drugs.

Earlier in the day Harrison told NFL Network that the NFL had no credible evidence against him but he agreed to the interview because getting suspended for not cooperating, as the NFL had threatened to do to Harrison and other players named in the report, would hurt his team.

“If it goes to a conduct detrimental [situation] it goes to the hands of that crook, I mean Roger Goodell, [and] he can do whatever he wants,” Harrison said Thursday night. “That’s just the bargaining agreement that the players signed.”

Harrison and Goodell, the NFL Commissioner, are longtime non-friends. Earlier this summer, Harrison said he’d agree to an interview if Goodell came to Harrison’s house.

As for the interview itself, Harrison proposed having media on hand for transparency reasons — or even broadcasting it live.

“Whatever evidence they think they have, or reason for questioning me, is out of my control,” Harrison said. “I really don’t know.

“I wouldn’t have a problem with it being filmed live. I’ve been prosecuted and persecuted, you know, publicly in the media by them for something I didn’t do. So I don’t see why we couldn’t have the media there and do a live interview. They can ask whatever questions they want and I can answer them.

“You all can see whatever evidence they say they got.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/19/harrison-calls-goodell-a-crook-says-hed-like-public-to-see-interview/

RuthlessBurgher
08-19-2016, 02:21 PM
James Harrison’s request for a televised interview actually makes sense
Posted by Mike Florio on August 19, 2016, 8:03 AM EDT

In his postgame comments during which he called Commissioner Roger Goodell a “crook,” Steelers linebacker James Harrison made a very good point about his upcoming PED interview.

“I wouldn’t have a problem with it being filmed live,” Harrison said. “I’ve been prosecuted and persecuted, you know, publicly in the media by them for something I didn’t do. So I don’t see why we couldn’t have the media there and do a live interview. They can ask whatever questions they want and I can answer them. You all can see whatever evidence they say they got.”

The value in this approach comes not only from seeing the league’s evidence but also from preserving Harrison’s responses. During NFL investigations, it’s not, “Anything you say can and will be used against you”; it’s, “Anything you say may be twisted and warped and distorted to fit our predetermined narrative.”

When listing examples of that dynamic on Wednesday, I overlooked one of the more glaring instances of it. After the Ray Rice elevator video emerged in September 2014, the NFL indefinitely suspended Rice. Because the league already had suspended him two games for the incident (a decision that triggered intense criticism of the NFL and Commissioner Roger Goodell even before the video surfaced), the league needed something else to justify a second suspension. So the league claimed that Rice lied during his interview with the league, with Goodell and others contending that Rice said he had merely “slapped” his then-fiancee, who then “knocked herself out.” Others admitted that Rice admitted to doing what the video showed him doing.

Ultimately, an arbitrator had to recreate the interview by parsing through the testimony of people who attended it. If the interview had been recorded (or at least transcribed by a court reporter), there would have been no ambiguity regarding what Rice actually said.

So whether Harrison’s interview is televised (which would be great) or simply privately preserved for future reference and use, it becomes critical for Harrison and the NFLPA to insist on the creation of a clear record of everything that transpires during the interview.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/19/james-harrisons-request-for-a-televised-interview-actually-makes-sense/

RuthlessBurgher
08-19-2016, 02:22 PM
MLB clears players accused in Al Jazeera PED report
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 19, 2016, 12:47 PM EDT

Peyton Manning, Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers, James Harrison and Mike Neal were not the only athletes named in an Al Jazeera report on performance-enhancing drugs. And two of the other players named have just been cleared.

Major League Baseball has announced that it investigated two players, Ryan Howard and Ryan Zimmerman, who were named in the Al-Jazeera report, and could find no evidence of PED use by either player.

The NFL has previously announced that it investigated Manning and found no evidence of PED use by him. Manning fully cooperated with the investigation, answering questions and giving investigators access to his own private medical records as well as those of his wife.

Matthews, Peppers and Harrison initially refused to submit to an interview in connection with the NFL’s investigation, but on threat of suspension they have now agreed to cooperate. Neal, who is currently a free agent, has not agreed to participate in the NFL’s investigation.

Both Howard and Zimmerman fully cooperated with the MLB investigation. Charlie Sly, the central figure in the Al Jazeera documentary who has since recanted his allegations, declined to speak with MLB investigators.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/19/mlb-clears-players-accused-in-al-jazeera-ped-report/

MCHammer
08-19-2016, 03:58 PM
I do like the fact that Harrison calls Goodell names. My inner child really hates that man. I love it when he gets booed at the draft too.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
08-20-2016, 12:06 AM
Duplicate post

SanAntonioSteelerFan
08-20-2016, 12:09 AM
I do like the fact that Harrison calls Goodell names. My inner child really hates that man. I love it when he gets booed at the draft too.

+1 (ten characters)

RuthlessBurgher
08-21-2016, 01:47 PM
By Mike Florio
August 21, 2016, 1:30 PM EDT
PED interviews likely will be transcribed

When Steelers linebacker James Harrison recently said he’d like the PED interview fueled by an Al Jazeera documentary to be televised live, I wrote that his request makes sense. Not because it would actually be televised (which would never happen and would be a bad idea for everyone) but because it would be preserved.

As the Ray Rice case proved, failing to record the back-and-forth of a pre-discipline player interview possibly requires the interview to be re-created if a question later arises about what was said during it. By ensuring that all questions asked and all answers provided are saved, the words uttered can be reliably scrutinized later.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the current expectation is that the interviews of Harrison, Packers linebackers Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers, and free-agent defensive lineman Mike Neal will be saved, likely by the use of a court reporter.

This will provide a clear, unambiguous transcript of things said and not said for all future purposes, including complete and total analysis in the court of public opinion.

Eddie Spaghetti
08-21-2016, 04:34 PM
I respect the hell out James Harrison for continuing to take a stand and not take any sh!t from Fidel goodell

seriously doubt we will see another like him in this day and age

Northern_Blitz
08-22-2016, 10:51 AM
I respect the hell out James Harrison for continuing to take a stand and not take any sh!t from Fidel goodell

seriously doubt we will see another like him in this day and age

It makes sense for him to do. I get the feeling that he doesn't really care whether he's suspended or not. He's already made his money and basically seems to be on the knife edge of retiring anyway. He's got nothing to lose.

He also seems to really dislike Goodell, so he gets to flip them the bird on the way out.

phillyesq
08-22-2016, 11:16 AM
He also seems to really dislike Goodell, so he gets to flip them the bird on the way out.

I'd love to see him do exactly that after accepting the Lombardi trophy at the conclusion of this season.

RuthlessBurgher
08-22-2016, 02:01 PM
I'd love to see him do exactly that after accepting the Lombardi trophy at the conclusion of this season.

The league could deem it a "phalange malfunction"

RuthlessBurgher
08-22-2016, 03:38 PM
Commissioner will have final say over discipline arising from Al Jazeera documentary

Posted by Mike Florio on August 22, 2016, 1:46 PM EDT

Two years ago, as the NFL and NFL Players Association tried to hammer out the details of a new PED policy that would include HGH testing, the NFL insisted on retaining final say over discipline imposed for reasons other than a positive PED test. Eventually, the league got what it wanted.

Under the PED policy, the Commissioner or his designee handles the appeals process for PED violations arising from violations of the law or other “credible documented evidence” of PED use, with only limited appeal rights to an arbitrator regarding whether the player’s due process rights were violated. This means that, in the case of Steelers linebacker James Harrison, Packers linebackers Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers, and free-agent defensive lineman Mike Neal, any finding of a violation arising from the investigation sparked by the Al Jazeera report will be handled by Commissioner Roger Goodell personally, or by someone like Harold Henderson.

That’s all the more reason for the players to tread lightly when submitting to their interviews. If the league chooses to twist their words in order to find guilty in connection with the initial decision, the Commissioner or his designee will be less likely than an arbitrator would have been to reject that conclusion.

As recently explained, it’s possible that the league simply wants to exonerate the players, in the same way that quarterback Peyton Manning was exonerated. But there’s still reason to be concerned that a different agenda exists — especially since the current PED testing program so rarely (if ever) catches actual cheaters. And if the league decides to distort the players’ words into a finding of guilt, the Commissioner will still have final say, even though as to the rest of the PED policy he no longer does.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/22/commissioner-will-have-final-say-over-discipline-arising-from-al-jazeera-documentary/

RuthlessBurgher
08-22-2016, 09:56 PM
By Mike Florio
August 22, 2016, 9:17 PM EDT
Al Jazeera meetings are set

The most-anticipated interviews of the year not involving Ryan Lochte are finally happening.

Via Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com, the NFL has agreed to meet with the four players accused of PED use in a controversial Al Jazeera documentary that emerged last December. Per the report, Packers linebackers Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers will be interviewed on Wednesday, August 24 in Green Bay, free-agent defensive lineman Mike Neal will be interviewed on Thursday, August 25 in Chicago, and Steelers linebacker James Harrison will be interviewed on Tuesday, August 30 in Pittsburgh.

The four players abruptly agreed to submit to the interviews last week, after the NFL applied an August 25 deadline for submitting or facing an indefinite suspension. The circumstances have prompted speculation from those in the know that the league made it known through back channels that the investigation is perfunctory and that the players will be exonerated fairly promptly after being interviewed.

Whether that happens remains to be seen. As explained earlier today, this specific type of potential violation falls within the narrow range of lingering final say for the Commissioner. So if the league decides that they violated the PED policy, Goodell or his designee will resolve it.

RuthlessBurgher
08-23-2016, 10:51 PM
By Zac Jackson
August 23, 2016, 7:14 PM EDT
Report: Harrison’s NFL interview set for Thursday

The NFL has scheduled Steelers linebacker James Harrison’s meeting with league investigators regarding performance-enhancing drugs allegations made in an Al-Jazeera report for this Thursday, Aug. 25.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported the change in date, which meets the initial requirements set forth by the NFL that players named in the report interview by Aug. 25. The league threatened to suspend players who refused to interview.

The NFLPA sent a letter on behalf of Harrison last week in which Harrison agreed to an interview. The initial date for that interview was Aug. 30.

Last week, Harrison told reporters the NFL has no credible evidence against him and proposed that his interview be broadcast live.

Packers players Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers are scheduled to interview Wednesday. Harrison’s interview will take place before the Steelers fly to New Orleans for their Friday night preseason game.

Eich
08-24-2016, 08:45 AM
If I was Harrison, I'd be very tempted to secretly record the interview.

RuthlessBurgher
08-24-2016, 04:35 PM
James Harrison: I’ll be cleared like Peyton Manning
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 24, 2016, 4:07 PM EDT

Steelers linebacker James Harrison has agreed to talk to NFL investigators tomorrow about an Al Jazeera documentary alleging he used performance-enhancing drugs, and he expects the same result as the first player who cooperated with the league’s investigation.

“They are going to clear my name and give me the same sendoff they gave Peyton Manning,” Harrison said, via ESPN. “I’m going to be cleared. They are going to give me the same thing, flash, across the bulletin board, NFL, Instagram, Twitter, all that — ‘James Harrison cleared.'”

The Al Jazeera report accused Manning, Harrison, Green Bay’s Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers and free agent Mike Neal of using PEDs. Manning cooperated with the league’s investigation and was cleared. Harrison, Matthews, Peppers and Neal initially refused to cooperate but agreed to speak to investigators when they were told they’d be suspended if they didn’t.

Despite agreeing to cooperate, Harrison referred to the NFL’s interview as a “waste of time.”

“It’s a stupid thing I gotta do to continue doing what it is I want to do and trying to get to where we want to be, and that’s holding a Lombardi [Trophy],” Harrison said.

After being cleared like Manning, Harrison hopes to do at the end of this season what Manning did at the end of last season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/24/james-harrison-ill-be-cleared-like-peyton-manning/

SanAntonioSteelerFan
08-24-2016, 10:04 PM
If I was Harrison, I'd be very tempted to secretly record the interview. What are the laws in Pennsylvania - Can people secretly record conversations legally? You know, if I were him, I'd put my smart phone on the table, hit record, and say, "So what do you want to know?". Nothing secret about it.

Oviedo
08-25-2016, 09:44 AM
I just hope Harrison doesn't act like a fool to make a point and drags this out longer

RuthlessBurgher
08-25-2016, 03:45 PM
NFL, James Harrison quiet after PED interview
Posted by Mike Florio on August 25, 2016, 2:54 PM EDT

As expected, Steelers linebacker James Harrison submitted for his Al Jazeera-sparked PED interview on Thursday morning. Via Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, both sides kept quiet after the meeting ended.

That’s likely good news for Harrison, because if he saw or heard anything in the room that made him think that the league wasn’t accepting his denial of knowing Charles Sly of the Guyer Institute or using PEDs, Harrison surely would have said something about it on the way out of the room, if not sooner.

It fits with the theory making the rounds that the league made it known to Harrison and/or his agent that, if he simply shows up and answers the questions, exoneration will be perfunctory.

Harrison likely assumes that the next step will be the issuance of a press release from the NFL that clears him. If not, he’ll then have plenty to say.

At some point, if he’s not exonerated, everyone will get a chance to see what Harrison said in Thursday’s meeting.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/25/nfl-james-harrison-quiet-after-ped-interview/

RuthlessBurgher
08-31-2016, 02:54 PM
By Zac Jackson
August 31, 2016, 2:23 PM EDT
NFL clears Harrison, Peppers and Matthews

Earlier this month, Steelers linebacker James Harrison said the NFL had no credible evidence against him even as the league continued to investigate claims made in Al-Jazeera America report that Harrison and others had acquired and used performance-enhancing substances.

After interviewing Harrison — along with Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers of the Packers — the league agrees with Harrison’s initial thought.

The NFL announced Wednesday that it has cleared Harrison, Matthews and Peppers after “a comprehensive investigation” found “no credible evidence” that those players were provided with or consumed any banned substances.

Free agent linebacker Mike Neal, a former Packer who also interviewed with league investigators last week, has not been cleared.

The league’s release said the NFL’s investigation involved witness interviews, a review of relevant records and laboratory analysis.

squidkid
08-31-2016, 04:07 PM
now these guys need to sue the sh!t out of the people that made this crap up.

NorthCoast
08-31-2016, 07:05 PM
now these guys need to sue the sh!t out of the people that made this crap up.

Why waste time and money with an entity that doesn't adhere to US law and is outside their jurisdiction?

birtikidis
08-31-2016, 07:13 PM
Why waste time and money with an entity that doesn't adhere to US law and is outside their jurisdiction?
Maybe if all four of them get in real good with Killary we can just bomb them. Some hefty donations to the Clinton Foundation and anything is possible.

bostonsteeler
08-31-2016, 08:31 PM
Maybe if all four of them get in real good with Killary we can just bomb them. Some hefty donations to the Clinton Foundation and anything is possible.

You want to bomb deebo?

birtikidis
08-31-2016, 08:54 PM
You want to bomb deebo?
No no no, Bomb Al jizzeria of course. Killary is good with blowing up the middle east. No sweat.

bostonsteeler
08-31-2016, 09:54 PM
No no no, Bomb Al jizzeria of course. Killary is good with blowing up the middle east. No sweat.

Should be trivial. They have their headquarters in downtown Doha, not 20 miles from the largest US airbase in the middle east.

birtikidis
08-31-2016, 10:49 PM
Should be trivial. They have their headquarters in downtown Doha, not 20 miles from the largest US airbase in the middle east.
PERFECT! She has experience bombing people that we've armed already! Usually it's rebels armed by US forces who are fighting insurgents who are armed by US forces, but this cuts the middle man out. Bomb who you want AND the US forces all at once!

RuthlessBurgher
08-31-2016, 10:59 PM
By Zac Jackson
August 31, 2016, 6:41 PM EDT
After being cleared, James Harrison takes social media victory lap

Steelers linebacker James Harrison said he’d done nothing wrong and insisted he would be cleared.

Wednesday, he was. The NFL announced that its investigation and interviews regarding an Al-Jazeera report on players allegedly using performance-enhancing drugs revealed no credible evidence they had.

On Wednesday evening, Harrison posted a collage (see the picture to the right) on his Instagram account of headlines and screenshots from stories about his being cleared. He tagged it, “It’s only breaking news because you thought I was guilty” and added an all-caps reminder that he’s worked for everything he has “since Day One.”

Now, the Harrison-Roger Goodell friendship can continue.

Harrison and Packers defensive standouts Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers, all of whom interviewed with league investigators last week, were cleared. The NFL did not name free agent linebacker Mike Neal, who also interviewed last week, in its release on the investigation’s findings.