PDA

View Full Version : Seven surgeries, two infections kept Pouncey out last season

RuthlessBurgher
06-16-2016, 07:30 PM
By Zac Jackson
June 16, 2016, 7:14 PM EDT
Seven surgeries, two infections kept Pouncey out last season

A broken leg suffered in a preseason game last August kept Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey out for the 2015 season.

That’s the short story. Pouncey told ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler that he didn’t make it back to action in October, as originally planned, because he developed a staph infection in a surgical wound and ended up having seven surgeries and also battled an E. coli infection.

“It was scary,” Pouncey said. “I don’t want that on my worst enemy.”

Pouncey said he doesn’t place blame on anyone for his ordeal and complicated injuries.

“We all took the heat for it,” he said. “We had to figure out the best plan possible to get it right. No one really had that many infections like that [around here]. … I blame no one. We’re all professionals. I respect this organization for everything they did to get me through this.”

Pouncey took his normal reps with the first-team offense through the spring and said he’s feeling both healthy and anxious.

“It’s a humbling experience,” he said. “[It] shows you how much something is important in your life, and football is very important to me.”

Oviedo
06-17-2016, 10:26 AM
Sounds like Pouncey maybe wasn't following doctor's orders to the letter?????

phillyesq
06-17-2016, 11:53 AM
Sounds like Pouncey maybe wasn't following doctor's orders to the letter?????

That's entirely unsubstantiated and speculative. How did you reach that conclusion? Infections are a known complication of any surgery.

Here is the full article.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/16262541/maurkice-pouncey-pittsburgh-steelers-had-seven-procedures-left-leg

RuthlessBurgher
06-17-2016, 01:30 PM
That's entirely unsubstantiated and speculative. How did you reach that conclusion? Infections are a known complication of any surgery.

Here is the full article.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/16262541/maurkice-pouncey-pittsburgh-steelers-had-seven-procedures-left-leg

Objection sustained, counselor. ;)

phillyesq
06-17-2016, 01:53 PM
Objection sustained, counselor. ;)

Sorry - was taking a little break from a motion that i was writing...

Shoe
06-17-2016, 05:36 PM
Decastro probably sneezed in his wound "on accident".

SanAntonioSteelerFan
06-17-2016, 08:52 PM

Now that is one of the funniest things I have read in a long long time.:tt1:tt2

Slapstick
06-18-2016, 08:24 AM

:Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap

BradshawsHairdresser
06-18-2016, 08:30 AM
"Doctor, I think my leg should be healed up by now, but this one teammate keeps diving on it."

SanAntonioSteelerFan
06-18-2016, 02:01 PM
By Zac Jackson
June 16, 2016, 7:14 PM EDT
Seven surgeries, two infections kept Pouncey out last season

A broken leg suffered in a preseason game last August kept Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey out for the 2015 season.

That’s the short story. Pouncey told ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler that he didn’t make it back to action in October, as originally planned, because he developed a staph infection in a surgical wound and ended up having seven surgeries and also battled an E. coli infection.

“It was scary,” Pouncey said. “I don’t want that on my worst enemy.”

Pouncey said he doesn’t place blame on anyone for his ordeal and complicated injuries.

“We all took the heat for it,” he said. “We had to figure out the best plan possible to get it right. No one really had that many infections like that [around here]. … I blame no one. We’re all professionals. I respect this organization for everything they did to get me through this.”

Pouncey took his normal reps with the first-team offense through the spring and said he’s feeling both healthy and anxious.

“It’s a humbling experience,” he said. “[It] shows you how much something is important in your life, and football is very important to me.”

See, that proves it ... he WAS a malingerer!!:p:p

RuthlessBurgher
06-18-2016, 02:32 PM
See, that proves it ... he WAS a malingerer!!:p:p

Dirt Dawson would have played with 13 surgeries and 5 infections. ;)

Captain Lemming
06-18-2016, 10:56 PM
Dirt Dawson would have played with 13 surgeries and 5 infections. ;)

Dirt would go "Ronnie Lott" on that injury and just cut the leg off with a pocket knife and finished the season and his career with one leg.