PDA

View Full Version : Le'Veon Bell reveals he also tore his PCL; more on his rehab

SteelCrazy
06-16-2016, 03:16 PM
PITTSBURGH -- When Le'Veon Bell was lying on the Pittsburgh Steelers' Heinz Field sideline in Week 8 last season, he did so with a torn PCL as well as a torn MCL.

The Steelers' star running back hadn't publicly acknowledged the torn PCL until Thursday afternoon.

He said his goal is to get back to not worrying about if his knee is going to hurt when he cuts. It doesn't, but the biggest part of his remaining rehab is mental in that respect.

"Like 'Is this going to hurt me?' when I'm cutting," Bell said. "I want that to be gone. I just want it to feel normal how I normally do."

Here are some other details he gave on his rehab.

Six weeks ago he got back into last season's pre-injury shape in terms of not getting tired during workouts, which he attributed to extra training and lifting.

Bell was cleared for cutting "a couple weeks ago."

He couldn't run from November through February

Bell's weight went up to 230-235 pounds when he was injured

Mike Tomlin encouraged him throughout the recovery process, reminding him of Adrian Peterson's return from a torn MCL

Some comfort eating might've been involved

"It could've been," Bell said "It was a lot. It was a lot. I mean I wasn't able to really play football. I was definitely really upset that I couldn't play football because I just had to watch my team. I'm just glad I got over it."

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2016/06/steelers_bell_tore_pcl_too.html

BradshawsHairdresser
06-16-2016, 03:54 PM
PITTSBURGH --
Some comfort eating might've been involved

"It could've been," Bell said "It was a lot. It was a lot. I mean I wasn't able to really play football. I was definitely really upset that I couldn't play football because I just had to watch my team. I'm just glad I got over it."

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2016/06/steelers_bell_tore_pcl_too.html

At this point, Mark Madden would likely interject with, "There's another reason Bell might have gotten the munchies..."

RuthlessBurgher
06-16-2016, 04:35 PM
Le’Veon Bell doesn’t want to talk contract until he’s sure knee is fine
Posted by Josh Alper on June 16, 2016, 2:47 PM EDT

In January, Steelers president Art Rooney II said that running back Le’Veon Bell is a player that the team would like to hold onto for the long term but that he wasn’t sure if an extension this offseason fit into the “jigsaw puzzle” of roster and salary cap management.

There hasn’t been room in that puzzle thus far and it doesn’t look like any will open up before Bell’s deal gets a little closer to expiring. That will be after the 2016 season and the running back said Thursday that he wants to make sure he’s physically sound after last year’s knee injury before getting too deep into talks on an extension.

“I just want to make sure my knee’s good,” Bell said, via ESPN.com. “Make sure everything’s straight before all that comes about.”

A return to health and form should only do good things for Bell’s eventual compensation in a new deal with the Steelers and certainly won’t do anything to lessen the Steelers’ desire to keep him in Pittsburgh, two things that make it hard to find much fault with Bell’s approach to his contractual future.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/16/leveon-bell-doesnt-want-to-talk-contract-until-hes-sure-knee-is-fine/

Slapstick
06-16-2016, 05:23 PM
The 2016 franchise tag figure for a RB is $11+ million...it will be somewhat higher in 2017...

Thoughts?

squidkid
06-16-2016, 06:06 PM
The 2016 franchise tag figure for a RB is $11+ million...it will be somewhat higher in 2017...

Thoughts?

when healthy, bell brings a bunch to the table. im not sure he brings 11+ to the table. factor in his injuries and drug issue and i would have to pass.
it finally looks as tho the oline is fixed. qb, wrs and tes in place. i think a much cheaper back would be more than serviceable with this supporting cast.