PDA

View Full Version : When is Mini-Camp?

Oviedo
05-02-2016, 10:27 AM
This coming weekend?????

Slapstick
05-02-2016, 10:38 AM
Yep. May 6-8. Any rookies who have already graduated can stay for phase 2 of OTAs which goes from the 9th to the 20th.

Oviedo
05-03-2016, 11:24 AM
Yep. May 6-8. Any rookies who have already graduated can stay for phase 2 of OTAs which goes from the 9th to the 20th.

Thanks. Need football info now that draft is over

Oviedo
05-03-2016, 11:26 AM
Strange question, but I assume that AB is excused from OTAs to be on "Dancing with the Stars";)

RuthlessBurgher
05-03-2016, 01:25 PM
Strange question, but I assume that AB is excused from OTAs to be on "Dancing with the Stars";)

This weekend (5/6/16-5/8/16) is rookie minicamp, for all draft picks, UDFA signees, and some more guys they haven't officially signed yet, but are in on a tryout basis. Antonio Brown wouldn't be attending that anyway.

Oviedo
05-03-2016, 04:46 PM
This weekend (5/6/16-5/8/16) is rookie minicamp, for all draft picks, UDFA signees, and some more guys they haven't officially signed yet, but are in on a tryout basis. Antonio Brown wouldn't be attending that anyway.

Thanks. What about from May 9th on? Is that optional or mandatory?

RuthlessBurgher
05-03-2016, 09:38 PM
Thanks. What about from May 9th on? Is that optional or mandatory?

The only thing that is mandatory prior to Latrobe is 6/14/16-6/16/16.

2016-04-01 9:55 AM | Bob Labriola
Dates for rookie minicamp, OTAs set

An NFL offseason program consists of three phases, and within those phases all teams without a rookie head coach are permitted to schedule a three-day rookie orientation as well as one mandatory minicamp for veteran players.

The Steelers have set the dates for their 2016 offseason program.

PHASE ONE
According to the rules of the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement, Phase One spans the first two weeks of the program with activities limited to strength and conditioning, and physical rehabilitation only. This will begin for the Steelers on Monday, April 18.

PHASE TWO
Phase Two consists of three weeks during which the on-field workouts may include individual player instruction and drills, as well as team practice conducted on what the CBA refers to as a "separates" basis. No live contact, or team offense vs. team defense drills are permitted during Phase Two, which begins on Monday, May 9 for the Steelers and runs through Thursday, May 20.

The NFL Draft will be held on Thursday-Saturday, April 28-30, and the Steelers will hold their rookie minicamp the following weekend - May 6-8. Starting on May 9, any rookies whose colleges already have held graduation ceremonies may stay in Pittsburgh and take part in the final two weeks of Phase Two.

PHASE THREE/OTAs
Phase Three of the offseason program begins on Monday, May 23, and the first of the team's allottment of 10 OTAs is scheduled for Tuesday, May 24. During OTAs, there is no live contact permitted, but 7-on-7, 9-on-7, and 11-on-11 drills are allowed.

The Steelers are scheduled to begin their OTAs on Tuesday, May 24, and they will have three sessions that week, three more the following week, and then four the week after that. The specific dates for the Steelers' 10 OTAs are May 24, May 25, May 26, May 31, June 1, June 2, June 6, June 7, June 8, June 9.

MANDATORY MINICAMP
The offseason program then will conclude with a mandatory three-day minicamp on June 14-16.

Rara
05-04-2016, 01:04 PM
A guy that was invited to the mini camp came from the college I graduated from! You never hear players from Northern Michigan University ever making it on a professional team...just thought it was a sweet tidbit though!

RuthlessBurgher
05-04-2016, 01:12 PM
A guy that was invited to the mini camp came from the college I graduated from! You never hear players from Northern Michigan University ever making it on a professional team...just thought it was a sweet tidbit though!

Upper Peninsula, eh? The Marcus Tucker kid from your alma mater sounds somewhat similar to the Ayers kid we drafted in round 7...undersized but productive wideouts who also have return ability. Let 'em battle it out (if we ultimately end up signing Tucker after this weekend's rookie minicamp)!

Slapstick
05-04-2016, 01:13 PM
Two of our three best offensive players came from colleges in Michigan...

Rara
05-04-2016, 01:33 PM

Damn straight!

Rara
05-04-2016, 01:34 PM
Upper Peninsula, eh? The Marcus Tucker kid from your alma mater sounds somewhat similar to the Ayers kid we drafted in round 7...undersized but productive wideouts who also have return ability. Let 'em battle it out (if we ultimately end up signing Tucker after this weekend's rookie minicamp)!

You bet, dude! We're known more for hockey instead of football, to be honest...but if Tucker can make it even onto the practice squad, I'm happy for him

Rara
05-04-2016, 01:36 PM

And those colleges are all below the bridge, the Lower Peninsula of Michigan. I'm 8 hours away from there.

RuthlessBurgher
05-04-2016, 01:51 PM
And those colleges are all below the bridge, the Lower Peninsula of Michigan. I'm 8 hours away from there.

Dang...it's about an 8 hour drive to Detroit for me as well, but I'm in all the way out in northeastern Pennsylvania!

Slapstick
05-04-2016, 02:12 PM

I've been to the UP once...it seems like a different way of life...