PDA

View Full Version : Javon Hargraves...

Rara
04-29-2016, 11:03 PM
I'm stoked for this pick! Good value in the third!

8467thekraken
04-29-2016, 11:08 PM
Yeah. Guess Billings' knee is serious.

Bring on the Gravedigger!!!

Iron City Inc.
04-29-2016, 11:19 PM
Dominated at a lower level. Boys at the Depot believed a 2nd round talent. Value pick in the 3rd.

RuthlessBurgher
05-03-2016, 01:57 PM
Here's how I would plan to fit him into the defensive line rotation as a rookie:

Eventually, Hargrave could be a 3 down guy, plugging the middle as a 3-4 NT, and also pushing the pocket as a DT in nickel and dime situations. However, as a rookie, I'm going to make it easier for him...focus just on what you do best...a penetrating DT who can hopefully generate sacks and TFL's in nickel and dime formations. Heyward and Tuitt were overworked last year (playing 90-95% of the defensive snaps), so inserting Hargrave into the nickel/dime DT rotation with Heyward and Tuitt will help keep 97 & 91 fresh without a massive dropoff in performance.

In today's NFL, you are only in your base defense about 40% of the time (or so) with the remaining 60% in nickel or dime defenses. When we are in base 3-4, I would try to keep it as Heyward-McCullers-Tuitt as much as possible...those 3 guys for as close to 100% of the base 3-4 snaps as possible.

In the nickel and dime, I would like to see Heyward and Tuitt together inside a third of the time, Heyward and Hargrave together inside a third of the time, and Tuitt and Hargrave together inside a third of the time.

If we are able to keep that rotation, snap distribution would look something like:

Daniel McCullers plays 40% of the defensive snaps (all in base 3-4)
Javon Hargrave plays 40% of the defensive snaps (all in nickel or dime)
Cam Heyward plays 80% of the defensive snaps (half in base 3-4 and half in nickel/dime)
Stephon Tuitt plays 80% of the defensive snaps (half in base 3-4 and half in nickel/dime)

McCullers is allowed to focus on what he does best, Hargraves is allowed to focus on what he does best, and Heyward and Tuitt still do both, but are only on the field about 80% of the time each instead of 90-95% of the time, keeping them fresh and more effective. It's a win-win-win-win for all involved.

SteelYinzer
05-04-2016, 02:16 AM
Here's how I would plan to fit him into the defensive line rotation as a rookie:

Eventually, Hargrave could be a 3 down guy, plugging the middle as a 3-4 NT, and also pushing the pocket as a DT in nickel and dime situations. However, as a rookie, I'm going to make it easier for him...focus just on what you do best...a penetrating DT who can hopefully generate sacks and TFL's in nickel and dime formations. Heyward and Tuitt were overworked last year (playing 90-95% of the defensive snaps), so inserting Hargrave into the nickel/dime DT rotation with Heyward and Tuitt will help keep 97 & 91 fresh without a massive dropoff in performance.

In today's NFL, you are only in your base defense about 40% of the time (or so) with the remaining 60% in nickel or dime defenses. When we are in base 3-4, I would try to keep it as Heyward-McCullers-Tuitt as much as possible...those 3 guys for as close to 100% of the base 3-4 snaps as possible.

In the nickel and dime, I would like to see Heyward and Tuitt together inside a third of the time, Heyward and Hargrave together inside a third of the time, and Tuitt and Hargrave together inside a third of the time.

If we are able to keep that rotation, snap distribution would look something like:

Daniel McCullers plays 40% of the defensive snaps (all in base 3-4)
Javon Hargrave plays 40% of the defensive snaps (all in nickel or dime)
Cam Heyward plays 80% of the defensive snaps (half in base 3-4 and half in nickel/dime)
Stephon Tuitt plays 80% of the defensive snaps (half in base 3-4 and half in nickel/dime)

McCullers is allowed to focus on what he does best, Hargraves is allowed to focus on what he does best, and Heyward and Tuitt still do both, but are only on the field about 80% of the time each instead of 90-95% of the time, keeping them fresh and more effective. It's a win-win-win-win for all involved.

sounds perfect. It's good to see the team is so talented that they can draft for depth and allow young guys to come along slowly. I don't think they are necessarily counting on any of the picks. However, if the kids are really special there's a slight chance they can force the coaches into playing them. Great problem to have. It wouldn't surprise me if Burns and Davis start from day one. I also wouldn't be surprised if they didn't start a single game too.

SteelCrazy
05-04-2016, 08:25 AM
sounds perfect. It's good to see the team is so talented that they can draft for depth and allow young guys to come along slowly. I don't think they are necessarily counting on any of the picks. However, if the kids are really special there's a slight chance they can force the coaches into playing them. Great problem to have. It wouldn't surprise me if Burns and Davis start from day one. I also wouldn't be surprised if they didn't start a single game too.

I believe the GM and Coach drafted the 1st 3 in hopes they could develop quickly enough or already be developed enough to at least rotate in
with the starters. I dont think its their physical abilities, but their understanding of the D that will keep them off the field. Do Not need a repeat of last years first 4 to 6 games.

Slapstick
05-04-2016, 10:15 AM
If Davis is as smart as advertised, he can hopefully communicate with Gay and Mitchell...

RuthlessBurgher
05-04-2016, 10:26 AM
If Davis is as smart as advertised, he can hopefully communicate with Gay and Mitchell...

Does Gay speak French? Does Mitchell speak Chinese? If so, Davis will be able to communicate with both of them. ;)