PDA

View Full Version : Philly's Mock

phillyesq
04-28-2016, 09:39 AM
Here is what I went with:

1) Karl Joseph, S - versatile play maker at safety
2) Javon Hargrave, DT - can play NT in base and contribute as a pass rusher
3) Yannick Ngakoue, OLB - pass rusher to develop behind James Harrison and Jarvis Jones
4) Tavon Young, CB - small but tough.
6) Brandon Shell, OL - prospect for Munchak to work with
7) Trevor Davis, WR, CAL - great athlete. Primarily a return guy who needs a lot of work as a WR.
7) Byron Marshall, RB, Oregon - versatile third down back / slot receiver. Unlike Dri Archer and Chris Rainey, he has a bit more girth.

I think Billings and William Jackson III are gone at 1.25. I'd probably take those two over Joseph because of the depth at safety in this draft. Jim Wexell predicted that Hargreaves could have a DD like slide due, in part, to his size, in which case I sprint to the podium.

Taking Joseph is tough because I think you can get a good safety in rounds 2-3, but I think he will be BPA.

The player I most want to see off the board at 1.25 is Eli Apple. He's the guy I don't want to see the Steelers draft.

Shawn
04-28-2016, 09:54 AM
Love Hargrave and Ngakoue as seen in my mock...but you may have both graded a bit high. I love me some Joseph but injured safety in the first? Ehh doesn't seem like the Steelers style.

RuthlessBurgher
04-28-2016, 10:25 AM
If Wexell is right about a possible Hargreaves slide, he'd be the one guy I'd be willing to trade up for (although Colbert already all but ruled out a trade up this year, saying they'll likely stay put or trade down...but you never know). If he falls into the early teens, I wouldn't be willing to part with our 2nd to go up that far (the available depth down to pick #58 is too valuable to trade away in my mind), but if he falls into the later teens, I would consider using our 3rd rounder to move up there to get VHIII. If he magically fell into the early 20's, I would be jumping up and down on a table if a move up to that area would only cost a 4th. I couldn't care less about Hargreaves' size...that dude can ball out. I'd bum rush the stage like we did for DeCastro.

phillyesq
04-28-2016, 10:39 AM
Love Hargrave and Ngakoue as seen in my mock...but you may have both graded a bit high. I love me some Joseph but injured safety in the first? Ehh doesn't seem like the Steelers style.

I've seen Ngakoue rated between rounds 2-3 and round 6, depending on the site. I doubt that Hargrave would last until the Steelers pick in the third - I see him in the top 10-15 picks on the third - which is why I pulled the trigger in round 2.

Putting Joseph at 1.25 was tough, and I see your point. But if his medicals check out I think he is the best safety in the draft - a guy that can play the run and the pass.