PDA

View Full Version : who can drop to us?

steeler_george
04-28-2016, 06:13 AM
In the past 3 or drafts we always seem to pick a player who drastically drop, who can that be this year?

Could Jack, with his " time bomb knee " drop to us?

SidSmythe
04-28-2016, 08:41 AM
I'm hoping some goofball scout falls in love with William Jackson the Turd and picks him allowing ALEXANDER to fall to us.

Shawn
04-28-2016, 08:42 AM
No way does Jack fall that far. But, if he does...the Steelers despite their need in the secondary stumble over themselves to grab him. Even if he only has 4-5 good years he is one of the most freakish athletes I have seen in a long long time. IMO, Jack at worst doesn't fall past the Raiders.

Shawn
04-28-2016, 08:43 AM
I'm hoping some goofball scout falls in love with William Jackson the Turd and picks him allowing ALEXANDER to fall to us. Alexander is a terrific DB talent. My only concern is the rumors that he is a locker room cancer and unliked by teammates. Who knows if any of that is true. But, if so I would stay far far away.

phillyesq
04-28-2016, 10:43 AM
I'd be really surprised if he makes it this far, but Wexell predicts Hargreaves.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/steelers/story/1664820-prediction-catch-another-falling-star

RuthlessBurgher
04-28-2016, 10:47 AM
Alexander is not an example of a guy falling to us. I don't think many folks have him in their top 25. What the O.P. is asking is what guy who seemed to be a consensus top 15 player or so might somehow drop. For instance, Vernon Hargreaves III. If that dude fell, I would be falling all over myself to get him.

Could Vernon Hargreaves Face a Big Fall on Draft Day?

Justin Pawlowski
Yesterday at 3:03 PM

Vernon Hargreaves may be facing a big fall come draft day.

Have you taken a look around the mock draft world the past couple weeks? Less and less of these mock drafts have the Bucs taking Vernon Hargreaves, after most of them all agreed Hargeaves would be the pick of the Bucs.

I keep hearing pass rusher to Tampa at 9. Think Lawson would be a great fit. https://t.co/ECnuwpKuiG
— Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) April 25, 2016

NYG/Floyd I believe to be real. Potential curveball: Rankins to Tampa at 9. Gonna depend how some things fall. https://t.co/1Mcu4jVmJ1
— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) April 27, 2016

So, what's happening with Vernon Hargreaves? Are the Bucs cooling on him? Were they ever even hot on him?

On ESPN's "First Draft" podcast, Mel Kiper explained that Hargreaves could be in line for quite the fall on draft night.

"The tumbler is Vernon Hargreaves," Kiper said. "I don't know where he's going to go right now. People, now, are talking about the lack of length. We've talked about everything about him during these podcasts over the last month. He could drop into the late 1st round, and I don't know if he even gets past there and into the early 2nd round."

While Hargreaves is a very good football player, his limitations in size when compared to other cornerbacks in this class, could hold him back. Hargreaves struggled against bigger receivers like Kelvin Benjamin and Amari Cooper in college, who just went right over him for touchdown catches in their matchups. For Hargreaves, most NFL receivers are going to be much bigger than his height and arm length can defend consistently.

"I could see 4 corners going before Vernon Hargreaves, possibly, with William Jackson III, (Xavian) Howard, (Artie) Burns, so Vernon Hargreaves may have to wait a while to hear his name called," Kiper said.

Todd McShay echoed Kiper's sentiments as well.

"Vernon Hargreaves is one of the names that you're starting to hear fall," McShay said. "To me, it makes sense. He may just be a nickel corner. he's a good player, but there's a lack of elite size, elite speed, elite length that's concerning, so he may fall a bit."

Nobody truly knows anything until Thursday night, but one thing we definitely know is that 6'5'' is much bigger than 5'10'', and that's the issue here with a potential top 10 player.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/buccaneers/story/1664738-hargreaves-facing-a-big-fall-on-draft-day

feltdizz
04-28-2016, 10:51 AM
Kevin Dodd will fall!!!

Oviedo
04-28-2016, 10:55 AM
Alexander is not an example of a guy falling to us. I don't think many folks have him in their top 25. What the O.P. is asking is what guy who seemed to be a consensus top 15 player or so might somehow drop. For instance, Vernon Hargreaves III. If that dude fell, I would be falling all over myself to get him.

Why would we want Hargreaves for the nickle when Golson is projected as a nickle?

RuthlessBurgher
04-28-2016, 11:10 AM
Why would we want Hargreaves for the nickle when Golson is projected as a nickle?

I don't want Hargreaves for the nickel. I want Hargreaves to play outside. William Gay has been our best outside CB for some time now at 5'10", and Hargreaves is way more talented than Gay ever was.

phillyesq
04-28-2016, 11:15 AM

The guy he is compared to most is Joe Haden. Hargreaves has some warts - he wouldn't be in the conversation at 1.25 if he didn't - but I don't think that he is limited to being a nickel corner.

RuthlessBurgher
04-28-2016, 11:23 AM
The guy he is compared to most is Joe Haden. Hargreaves has some warts - he wouldn't be in the conversation at 1.25 if he didn't - but I don't think that he is limited to being a nickel corner.

If Hargreaves fell into the 20's, I'd be scared to death of Cincy taking him one spot ahead of us at #24, even though they have more immediate needs at WR and DT. The did not re-sign Leon Hall but did bring back Pacman Jones (who is aging). How about trading with Washington, who doesn't have a corner need anymore after backing up the Brinks truck for Josh Norman?

1.25 = 720 pts.
3.89 = 145 pts.
Total = 865 pts.

1.21 = 800 pts.
4.120 = 54 pts.
Total = 854 pts.

Still have the same number of picks overall, but I'd be willing to turn my 3rd rounder into a 4th rounder if it meant that we got Vernon Hargreaves III.

phillyesq
04-28-2016, 12:10 PM
If Hargreaves fell into the 20's, I'd be scared to death of Cincy taking him one spot ahead of us at #24, even though they have more immediate needs at WR and DT. The did not re-sign Leon Hall but did bring back Pacman Jones (who is aging). How about trading with Washington, who doesn't have a corner need anymore after backing up the Brinks truck for Josh Norman?

1.25 = 720 pts.
3.89 = 145 pts.
Total = 865 pts.

1.21 = 800 pts.
4.120 = 54 pts.
Total = 854 pts.

Still have the same number of picks overall, but I'd be willing to turn my 3rd rounder into a 4th rounder if it meant that we got Vernon Hargreaves III.

I'd do that in a heartbeat.

steeler_george
04-28-2016, 12:37 PM
holy toledeo! If that is true....!!!