PDA

View Full Version : Bud Dupree thought James Harrison was a coach

SteelCrazy
04-26-2016, 07:47 PM
Over the course of his career, James Harrison has been called a lot of things.

Now, thanks to Bud Dupree, you can add coach to that list.

In a recent interview, Dupree talked about how he thought Harrison was one of his coaches shortly after being drafted by the Steelers last year.

"I'll never forget when Deebo called me, I thought he was a coach," Dupree said. "He was like, 'You ready to work? Because we ain't gonna stop 'till we get a Lombardi Trophy. You with it?' I was like, 'Yeah, I'm with it.' He was like, 'Aight, we gonna start working right now, see you when you get here.' I said 'Yes sir.'"

Harrison's attitude shows why he's racked up a Hall of Fame caliber career. After being cut several times, Harrison finally stuck with the Steelers in 2004, and in 2007, began a run of five consecutive Pro Bowl selections while also being named an All-Pro three times as well as being selected as the 2008 NFL Defensive Player of the Year. More importantly, Harrison's play helped Pittsburgh win two Super Bowls and three AFC titles during that span, as Harrison's 100-yard interception return in Super Bowl XLIII is regarded as one of the greatest plays in NFL history.

While he is not the player he once was, Harrison is still an effective pass rusher and, more importantly, is a model veteran that exemplifies what being a Pittsburgh Steeler is all about. He's carried on the tradition of championship Steelers' linebackers, and is trying to pass on that tradition to Dupree and the rest of Pittsburgh's young linebackers before he hangs up his cleats for good.

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Steelers-LB-Bud-Dupree-thought-James-Harrison-was-a-coach-45023334

RuthlessBurgher
04-26-2016, 08:19 PM
Strength and conditioning coach.

Ernie
04-27-2016, 06:00 AM
When I think of Deebo... i think of Broncos RB's getting absolutely blown up in the playoff game. He's still a monster. Hoping he comes back this year. Still a man among boys.

Sword
04-27-2016, 07:26 AM
Deebo... work ethics is off the chart and shows on the field....This guys adds
to our chances to win every week no matter how old....
will also love it if he is a future coach for the Steelers....

Oviedo
04-27-2016, 07:53 AM
I thought he was done years ago...glad I was wrong. Leadership does matter and he has it in spades. There is leadership by voice and leadership by example, Harrsion shows both.

feltdizz
04-27-2016, 09:22 AM
lmao, no introduction, just work!!!