PDA

View Full Version : Bell called for the test....

Steelwolf
04-20-2016, 03:59 PM
Apparently Bell mentioned today he was called in for a random drug test. All I'm saying is he better be clean!

RuthlessBurgher
04-20-2016, 04:33 PM
Le’Veon Bell announces that he was called for a “random” test today
Posted by Darin Gantt on April 20, 2016, 12:34 PM EDT

As Florio noted earlier today, on one of the high holidays of the marijuana movement, the NFL opened its annual drug-testing window.

And now we know one of the first players through it.

Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell just tweeted out word that he’s on the list early, saying “of course I get a “random” drug test on 4/20…good luck with that sample.”

of course I get a "random" drug test on 4/20…good luck with that sample

— Le'Veon Bell (@L_Bell26) April 20, 2016

Bell, of course, was suspended two games after being arrested for DUI and marijuana possession on the way to the airport for a Steelers preseason game last year.

It’s one of our favorite athlete-related marijuana arrests, because not only did Bell not employ the time-honored “it’s not my weed” defense, he admitted that he had smoked it, telling cops “I smoked two hours ago. I’m not high any more.”

Of course, we could parse Bell’s message today and wonder whether he’s worried about passing, or is so confident that he will that he can laugh about it.

But the fact he’s willing to joke so openly speaks to the new attitudes among NFL players about weed, while the NFL has held firm to a stand rooted in another generation.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/20/leveon-bell-announces-that-he-was-called-for-a-random-test-today/