PDA

View Full Version : Color Rush?

buccoray61
04-16-2016, 05:37 PM
I read a thing on Facebook that the Steelers will be wearing color rush uniforms for their Thanksgiving night game with the Colts. It said they will be either all black or all white,depending what the Colts decide to wear. Does anyone know if this is true? After all it is Facebook LOL

Shoe
04-16-2016, 06:19 PM
I've read that too, and they figured it would be the latter (all-white) since we'll be on the road for that game. That would actually seem like something of a throwback, because I think I recall seeing highlights of the 70's where the team had white pants (to go with the road-whites).

I think all-black would look pretty cool (for one game).

The Man of Steel
04-16-2016, 06:26 PM
I heard that the Color Rush uniforms have been endorsed by LGBT community.

RuthlessBurgher
04-16-2016, 09:04 PM
COLOR RUSH
The NFL has mandated that each of its teams will appear on a Thursday night, and the Thursday night in which the Steelers will appear will be Nov. 24, Thanksgiving, and the opponent will be the Colts in Indianapolis with kickoff set for 8:30 p.m. Starting in 2016, all Thursday night games are "color rush" games, in which the participating teams will wear monochromatic uniforms, a "tradition" that began last season with a contest matching the Buffalo Bills and the New York Jets.

"I haven't heard anything official, but I assume that's a color rush game," said Rooney about Steelers vs. Colts. "It'll be Indianapolis' call in terms of what uniform they wear, and so I haven't heard yet from them what their color rush uniform is. We'll have to wait and see on that one what color we'll be wearing."

Each NFL team was able to choose a color for its color rush, and the default choice for each team is to be white. As the home team, the Colts will get to choose what color they will wear on Thanksgiving night. Assuming the Colts chose blue as their color rush, and assuming the Colts choose to wear blue that night, the Steelers would wear white. Should the Colts decide on white for that game, the Steelers would debut an all-black uniform.

"We had our options," said Rooney. "We had some presentations from Nike in terms of what the options were, and we decided our color-option was going to be black, and the default option is going to be white. When you're the road team, the home team gets to decide what it's wearing. If for some reason the Colts would decide to wear white, we would wear black. We just felt black was more of our predominant color (than gold)."

Shoe
04-16-2016, 09:16 PM
I heard that the Color Rush uniforms have been endorsed by LGBT community.

:lol:
haha.

Djfan
04-17-2016, 01:33 PM
Stupid Goodell nonsense. I just hate this.

Coolie Man
04-17-2016, 05:17 PM
I would like to see all black vs all white. Wonder if the league would think it's racist ?

NJ-STEELER
04-17-2016, 07:09 PM
Why couldn't we chose black if the colts chose blue. Its a lighter blue.

In Some of those matchuos last year I dint remeber white unis

BradshawsHairdresser
04-17-2016, 07:31 PM
Why couldn't we chose black if the colts chose blue. Its a lighter blue.

In Some of those matchuos last year I dint remeber white unis

Black and blue would be good color choices for a very physical game.

feltdizz
04-18-2016, 08:42 AM
White for color rush games? boring

it should be Black, Gold or Gray for our color rush game.

RuthlessBurgher
04-18-2016, 10:09 AM
I didn't consider the Thanksgiving game at Indy to be a typical Thursday night game that would use this Color Rush nonsense...don't teams playing on Thanksgiving usually wear throwback uniforms instead?

We play at Cincy in a regular Thursday night game in December, so I figured that would be the color rush game. They could go all orange and we could go all black. That would look better than all blue Colts vs. all white Steelers, for sure.

Oviedo
04-18-2016, 12:24 PM
The whole "color rush" thing is stupid. The uniforms are ugly.

feltdizz
04-18-2016, 01:03 PM

I don't mind it at all

Oviedo
04-18-2016, 01:10 PM
I don't mind it at all

Well I am color blind

SS Laser
04-18-2016, 02:22 PM
One cool thing I seen pertaining to the color rush. Is depot posted Bell at a merchandise signing event and there was flat black helmets that looked cool! I have been waiting for flat black helmets! Heck even flat gold would be cool. I like all the flat colors for the college teams. Something different for one or 2 games is cool. Then back to the normal. Jus a way to push more merchandise and make more money. But not screw up the uniforms all the time.

pfelix73
04-18-2016, 03:04 PM
I just read an article that showed all 32 teams and their colors chosen for this new 'tradition'. Somehow it leaked out today. The Steelers color is Gold, not black. Jerseys will be similar to their practice jerseys that the defense wears at training camp.

SS Laser
04-18-2016, 03:23 PM
Post a link? Funny that the steelers would say black or white? I don't like the idea of all gold! Rams looked bad last year!

feltdizz
04-18-2016, 04:06 PM
if this is the leak it's probably wrong. Raiders color is yellow/gold?

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2016/4/17/11446758/report-color-rush-uniform-colors-leaked

Northern_Blitz
04-18-2016, 05:32 PM

This. The only purpose is to sell more jerseys. Just like the 3rd jersey, which is also generally ugly (especially ours).

We have arguably the best uniform in all sports. But, because of stupid marketing we need to wear ugly alternatives.

It's not like it's the end of the world, but I think it's silly.

Djfan
04-18-2016, 08:51 PM
Stupid, annoying, tradition-bashing, goodell nonsense. Other than that it's just OK.

The Man of Steel
04-19-2016, 06:33 AM
This. The only purpose is to sell more jerseys. Just like the 3rd jersey, which is also generally ugly (especially ours).

We have arguably the best uniform in all sports. But, because of stupid marketing we need to wear ugly alternatives.

I think that the NFL does it to attract more chicks to the game. I've heard women say that they know nothing about the game of football but that the Steelers do have "cute" uniforms. It's just more dumbing down to make more money.

BradshawsHairdresser
04-19-2016, 08:45 AM

I couldn't have said it any better.

feltdizz
04-19-2016, 10:03 AM
lol, gotta love Steeler fans.

Too good for different uni's for 1 game. How dare they do this!!!

RuthlessBurgher
04-19-2016, 10:10 AM
Leaving the Steelers out of the discussion, the color rush games last year were annoying because it was just odd looking and distracting (somewhat similar to watching a Boise State game on the blue turf). The game where colorblind folks couldn't distinguish between the two teams, the ketchup vs. mustard game, the Kirk vs. Spock Star Trek game...it was all just weird.

If you want teams to develop a 3rd jersey to make more money, then just have all teams make a 3rd jersey that they wear once or twice per season...but there is no need to have to match it to the exact same color pants, socks, etc. every Thursday. Fans aren't buying football pants and socks, after all.

Oviedo
04-19-2016, 04:06 PM
Leaving the Steelers out of the discussion, the color rush games last year were annoying because it was just odd looking and distracting (somewhat similar to watching a Boise State game on the blue turf). The game where colorblind folks couldn't distinguish between the two teams, the ketchup vs. mustard game, the Kirk vs. Spock Star Trek game...it was all just weird.

If you want teams to develop a 3rd jersey to make more money, then just have all teams make a 3rd jersey that they wear once or twice per season...but there is no need to have to match it to the exact same color pants, socks, etc. every Thursday. Fans aren't buying football pants and socks, after all.

Wisdom from RB. Don't ned to make the players look like they are from the circus. A unique jersey with rest of the uniform consistent is the right approach. Does the NFL not realize fans buy jerseys not pants and socks??????

feltdizz
04-19-2016, 04:12 PM

was it the uniforms or the games? Seemed like all the color rush games were between bad teams.

I don't give 2 shats tho.. it's one game out of the year.

Ghost
04-21-2016, 02:22 PM
The Jags uniform is brutal:

https://cbshouston.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/gettyimages-497930096.jpg (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14331592/uni-watch-friday-flashback-green-bay-packers-beat-rush-mono-color-uniforms)

feltdizz
04-21-2016, 03:51 PM
yeah, they shoulda been all Black or Black with gold accents.

Slapstick
04-21-2016, 04:35 PM
That may have looked better, but defeats the entire purpose of "color rush"...

RuthlessBurgher
08-04-2016, 02:11 PM
Rooney on 'Color Rush,' rivals and more
Posted Jul 31, 2016

Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

Steelers' President Art Rooney II revealed when the team will wear their 'Color Rush' uniforms.

LATROBE, Pa. – Steelers fans will get a holiday treat when the team sports its ‘color rush’ uniforms on Christmas Day when it hosts the Baltimore Ravens at Heinz Field.

During an interview with Missi Matthews that will air on Steelers Nation Radio at 2:30 p.m. tomorrow, President Art Rooney II confirmed that Steelers-Ravens was the game the team will debut the ‘color rush’ uniforms.

The ‘color rush’ uniforms, designed by Nike, are monochromatic uniforms to be featured for the most part on Thursday Night Football this season, but with Steelers-Ravens being one of only two Christmas Day games, the decision was made to wear them that day.

“We will be wearing what is referred to as our ‘color rush’ uniform for the first time,” said Rooney. “I know in a few weeks we are going to be able to unveil exactly what that looks like. We haven’t had a home game on Christmas in my memory. It will be unique, special. This will add a little more excitement to what I am sure will be an exciting day.”

In addition to revealing the holiday treat, Rooney shared his take on a wide variety of topics, from robotic tackling dummies to who he thinks the Steelers biggest rival in the AFC North is. More topics will also be covered during the SNR interview.

* The AFC North is always a hotly contested division, with the Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals and Cleveland Browns. Rooney said picking which team is the biggest rival is impossible, and gave a little twist to it.

* The Steelers experimented with Mobile Virtual Player, a robotic dummy that is operated by remote control that can be used by players to practice tackling, but also can be used in passing drills, as a running back and other methods, during the team’s offseason workouts. The technology, known as the MVP, will also be utilized during training camp.

* “His Life’s Work,” a biography on Chuck Noll by Michael McCambridge, will soon be released and Rooney thinks Steelers fans will like the inside look at what the legendary coach was all about.

* The complete interview with Missi Matthews will air on SNR on Monday, Aug. 1 at 2:30 p.m.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Rooney-on-Color-Rush-rivals-and-more/0220a104-f284-4cb1-ba25-278b99247e60

Captain Lemming
08-04-2016, 08:40 PM
If we went "gold" we would look just like that.

Actually, I think solid black with gold accents like dizz described would be a great look for us.

The Jags uniform is brutal:

https://cbshouston.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/gettyimages-497930096.jpg (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14331592/uni-watch-friday-flashback-green-bay-packers-beat-rush-mono-color-uniforms)

Ghost
08-05-2016, 01:44 PM
Steelers.com's Bob Labriola saying it will be black on black. Mark Kaboly (Pgh tribune) has also stated this as well.

Here's a good mock-up of how it might look:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClaRdcKVEAAssER.png

RuthlessBurgher
08-05-2016, 02:09 PM
I vote for the same black jersey we always wear at home with the same arm stripes (if the NFL mandates some change to the jersey for this Color Rush nonsense, I'd just revert back to block numbers again, which I prefer to the rounded numbers anyway). Then just reverse the colors of the pants...instead of gold pants with a single thick black stripe, make it black pants with a single thick gold stripe. No profound changes.

NJ-STEELER
08-10-2016, 03:15 AM
That's actually a pretty badass uni

RuthlessBurgher
08-13-2016, 02:32 PM
By Mike Florio
August 13, 2016, 9:30 AM EDT
Steelers’ “Color Rush” uniforms won’t be colorful

In Pittsburgh, they’ll be dreaming of a Black Christmas.

Steelers owner Art Rooney II said during halftime of Friday night’s preseason game against the Lions that the Steelers will wear “Color Rush” uniforms on Christmas against the Ravens. The uniforms will not be very colorful.

“It will be something different,” Rooney said. “The first time we have worn black pants. It will be an all black uniform with gold numbers. I think our fans will enjoy it. It’s something different. It’s going to be interesting to see how it goes.”

Most “Color Rush” uniforms will be worn on Thursdays. The Steelers opted for Christmas Day, when only a pair of games will be played.

Presumably, the black jerseys with gold numbers will be unveiled at some point before Christmas, so that Steelers fans can tell Santa they want to find one under the tree before heading out to Heinz Field later that day.