PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 2016 schedule is released

fordfixer
04-14-2016, 08:14 PM
Steelers 2016 schedule is released

Posted 10 minutes ago

Teresa Varley Steelers.com@Teresa_Varley

The Steelers have four primetime games, including opening on the road on Monday Night Football

The Steelers 2016 schedule was released and includes four nationally televised primetime games, giving Steelers Nation plenty of opportunity to see them in action.

The Steelers kick off the season on the road against the Washington Redskins in a nationally televised game on Monday Night Football on Sept. 12 on ESPN at 7:10 p.m. as a part of a Monday Night opening weekend double-header.

An AFC North rivalry will be renewed early in the year when the Steelers host the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday, Sept. 18 at Heinz Field. The two teams meet for a second time on Dec. 18 in Cincinnati on NBC’s Sunday Night Football.

Week 3 the Steelers will head to Philadelphia for an intrastate battle against the Eagles on Sunday, Sept. 25 at 4:25 p.m.

It’s then back to primetime for the Steelers the following week when they host the Kansas City Chiefs on Oct. 2 on NBC’s Sunday Night Football (8:30 p.m.).

After games against the New York Jets, Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots the Steelers will have a Bye Week (Oct. 30).

The holiday season will be busy for the Steelers, starting with a Thanksgiving Night game on Thursday, Nov. 24 at Indianapolis (NBC, 8:30 p.m.).

There is no place like home for the holidays, and that will be the case when the Steelers host the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday, Dec. 25, Christmas Day, at 4:30 p.m. (NFLN), marking the first time the team will play on Christmas Day. The Steelers will close out the regular season on New Year’s Day against the Cleveland Browns at Heinz Field at 1 p.m. (CBS).

All Steelers preseason and regular season games can be heard on the Steelers Radio Network on WDVE-FM (102.5) and WBGG-AM (970) as well on Steelers.com. All preseason games will be televised on KDKA-TV.

The full schedule is listed below.

Steelers 2016 Preseason Schedule

Date

Opponent

Time** (TV)

Week 1
Fri. Aug. 12 vs. Detroit Lions 7:30 PM - KDKA-TV
Week 2
Thurs. Aug. 18 vs. Philadelphia Eagles 7:00 PM - KDKA-TV
Week 3
Fri. Aug. 26 at New Orleans Saints 8:00 PM - KDKA-TV
Week 4
Thurs. Sept. 1 at Carolina Panthers 7:30 PM - KDKA-TV

Steelers 2016 Regular Season Schedule

Date

Opponent

Time** (TV)

Week 1
Mon., Sept. 12 at Washington Redskins 7:10 p.m. (ESPN/WTAE-TV)
Week 2
Sun., Sept. 18 vs. Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 p.m. (CBS/KDKA-TV)
Week 3
Sun., Sept. 25 at Philadelphia Eagles 4:25 p.m. (CBS/KDKA-TV)
Week 4
Sun., Oct. 2 vs. Kansas City Chiefs 8:30 p.m. (NBC/WPXI-TV)
Week 5
Sun., Oct. 9 vs. New York Jets* 1:00 p.m. (CBS/KDKA-TV)
Week 6
Sun., Oct. 16 at Miami Dolphins* 1:00 p.m. (CBS/KDKA-TV)
Week 7
Sun., Oct. 23 vs. New England Patriots* 4:25 p.m. (CBS/KDKA-TV)
Week 8
BYE WEEK ----- -----
Week 9
Sun., Nov. 6 at Baltimore Ravens* 1:00 p.m. (CBS/KDKA-TV)
Week 10
Sun., Nov. 13 vs. Dallas Cowboys* 4:25 p.m. (FOX/WPGH-TV)
Week 11
Sun., Nov. 20 at Cleveland Browns* 1:00 p.m. (CBS/KDKA-TV)
Week 12
Thurs., Nov. 24 at Indianapolis Colts 8:30 p.m. (NBC/WPXI-TV)
Week 13
Sun., Dec. 4 vs. New York Giants* 4:25 p.m. (FOX/WPGH-TV)
Week 14
Sun., Dec. 11 at Buffalo Bills* 1:00 p.m. (CBS/KDKA-TV)
Week 15
Thurs., Dec. 18 at Cincinnati Bengals* 8:30 p.m. (NBC/WPXI-TV)
Week 16
Sun., Dec. 25 vs. Baltimore Ravens 4:30 p.m. (NFLN)
Week 17
Sun., Jan. 1 vs. Cleveland Browns* 1:00 p.m. (CBS/KDKA-TV)

* Times and TV network may change due to flexible scheduling

** All Times are Eastern

SidSmythe
04-14-2016, 08:24 PM
The first thing I look for being in WESTERN NY is conflict with the BUFFALO BILLS.
As of right now it looks like ALL but TWO games conflict with the Bills.
Then the NY JETS have 2nd priority.....looking thru the schedule I could have anywhere from 12-14 (12 is most realistic) games televised here locally.

Slapstick
04-14-2016, 08:25 PM
12/18/16 is a Sunday...

winwithd
04-14-2016, 08:28 PM
Steelers 2016 schedule is released

Posted 10 minutes ago

Teresa Varley Steelers.com@Teresa_Varley

The Steelers have four primetime games, including opening on the road on Monday Night Football

The Steelers 2016 schedule was released and includes four nationally televised primetime games, giving Steelers Nation plenty of opportunity to see them in action.

The Steelers kick off the season on the road against the Washington Redskins in a nationally televised game on Monday Night Football on Sept. 12 on ESPN at 7:10 p.m. as a part of a Monday Night opening weekend double-header.

An AFC North rivalry will be renewed early in the year when the Steelers host the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday, Sept. 18 at Heinz Field. The two teams meet for a second time on Dec. 18 in Cincinnati on NBC’s Sunday Night Football.

Week 3 the Steelers will head to Philadelphia for an intrastate battle against the Eagles on Sunday, Sept. 25 at 4:25 p.m.

It’s then back to primetime for the Steelers the following week when they host the Kansas City Chiefs on Oct. 2 on NBC’s Sunday Night Football (8:30 p.m.).

After games against the New York Jets, Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots the Steelers will have a Bye Week (Oct. 30).

The holiday season will be busy for the Steelers, starting with a Thanksgiving Night game on Thursday, Nov. 24 at Indianapolis (NBC, 8:30 p.m.).

There is no place like home for the holidays, and that will be the case when the Steelers host the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday, Dec. 25, Christmas Day, at 4:30 p.m. (NFLN), marking the first time the team will play on Christmas Day. The Steelers will close out the regular season on New Year’s Day against the Cleveland Browns at Heinz Field at 1 p.m. (CBS).

All Steelers preseason and regular season games can be heard on the Steelers Radio Network on WDVE-FM (102.5) and WBGG-AM (970) as well on Steelers.com. All preseason games will be televised on KDKA-TV.

The full schedule is listed below.

Steelers 2016 Preseason Schedule

Date

Opponent

Time** (TV)

Week 1
Fri. Aug. 12 vs. Detroit Lions 7:30 PM - KDKA-TV
Week 2
Thurs. Aug. 18 vs. Philadelphia Eagles 7:00 PM - KDKA-TV
Week 3
Fri. Aug. 26 at New Orleans Saints 8:00 PM - KDKA-TV
Week 4
Thurs. Sept. 1 at Carolina Panthers 7:30 PM - KDKA-TV

Steelers 2016 Regular Season Schedule

Date

Opponent

Time** (TV)

Week 1
Mon., Sept. 12 at Washington Redskins 7:10 p.m. (ESPN/WTAE-TV)
Week 2
Sun., Sept. 18 vs. Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 p.m. (CBS/KDKA-TV)
Week 3
Sun., Sept. 25 at Philadelphia Eagles 4:25 p.m. (CBS/KDKA-TV)
Week 4
Sun., Oct. 2 vs. Kansas City Chiefs 8:30 p.m. (NBC/WPXI-TV)
Week 5
Sun., Oct. 9 vs. New York Jets* 1:00 p.m. (CBS/KDKA-TV)
Week 6
Sun., Oct. 16 at Miami Dolphins* 1:00 p.m. (CBS/KDKA-TV)
Week 7
Sun., Oct. 23 vs. New England Patriots* 4:25 p.m. (CBS/KDKA-TV)
Week 8
BYE WEEK ----- -----
Week 9
Sun., Nov. 6 at Baltimore Ravens* 1:00 p.m. (CBS/KDKA-TV)
Week 10
Sun., Nov. 13 vs. Dallas Cowboys* 4:25 p.m. (FOX/WPGH-TV)
Week 11
Sun., Nov. 20 at Cleveland Browns* 1:00 p.m. (CBS/KDKA-TV)
Week 12
Thurs., Nov. 24 at Indianapolis Colts 8:30 p.m. (NBC/WPXI-TV)
Week 13
Sun., Dec. 4 vs. New York Giants* 4:25 p.m. (FOX/WPGH-TV)
Week 14
Sun., Dec. 11 at Buffalo Bills* 1:00 p.m. (CBS/KDKA-TV)
Week 15
Thurs., Dec. 18 at Cincinnati Bengals* 8:30 p.m. (NBC/WPXI-TV)
Week 16
Sun., Dec. 25 vs. Baltimore Ravens 4:30 p.m. (NFLN)
Week 17
Sun., Jan. 1 vs. Cleveland Browns* 1:00 p.m. (CBS/KDKA-TV)

* Times and TV network may change due to flexible scheduling

** All Times are Eastern

This schedule is a piece of cake. I see no tough stretches. We should end up with a first round bye and home field throughout the afc playoffs. Since Bad Ben shows up every once in a while I will say 15-1, 14-2 at the worst. Only thing that changes this would be a rash of injuries like last year. Looks like Ben will get #3 next year. And the franchise will get #7.

RuthlessBurgher
04-14-2016, 09:08 PM
By Zac Jackson
April 14, 2016, 8:41 PM EDT
Burfict will miss first renewal of Bengals-Steelers rivalry

The Bengals go to Pittsburgh in Week Two to face the Steelers, so the first renewal of what might currently by the NFL’s chippiest rivalry will take place without a central character in getting it there, Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict.

Burfict will serve a three-game suspension at the start of the 2016 season for multiple violations of player safety rules. His hit on Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown late in a wild January playoff game kept Brown out of the following week’s game, when the Steelers lost a lead and lost to the Broncos.

The Bengals and Steelers are scheduled to play at 1 p.m. Sept. 18 in Pittsburgh and Dec. 18 in Cincinnati on Sunday Night Football, though Sunday night games at that point of the season are subject to flex scheduling. Both the Bengals and Steelers enter 2016 with high expectations and solid rosters and plan to be playing for something in December.

The Bengals are scheduled for four primetime games, tying a franchise record. The Steelers got four primetime games and a Christmas spotlight game vs. the Ravens.

The fallout from the January Bengals-Steelers game has included plenty of talk from both sides and a recent Twitter spat involving Burfict and Steelers running back DeAngelo Williams.

8467thekraken
04-14-2016, 10:24 PM
Can't believe the League scheduled a Pittsburgh/Baltimore game directly after both teams have a BYE...this one is gonna be EXTRA nasty.

RuthlessBurgher
04-14-2016, 11:16 PM
Anyone want to buy tickets to the last 2 home games? I'm surely not leaving my kids on Christmas Day, and it's not the best idea in the world getting up at 5:00 a.m. on New Year's Day to drive across the state. Holiday games suck. At least the Thanksgiving night game isn't at Heinz as well.

raycafan
04-14-2016, 11:59 PM
By Zac Jackson
April 14, 2016, 8:41 PM EDT
Burfict will miss first renewal of Bengals-Steelers rivalry

The Bengals go to Pittsburgh in Week Two to face the Steelers, so the first renewal of what might currently by the NFL’s chippiest rivalry will take place without a central character in getting it there, Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict.

Burfict will serve a three-game suspension at the start of the 2016 season for multiple violations of player safety rules. His hit on Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown late in a wild January playoff game kept Brown out of the following week’s game, when the Steelers lost a lead and lost to the Broncos.

The Bengals and Steelers are scheduled to play at 1 p.m. Sept. 18 in Pittsburgh and Dec. 18 in Cincinnati on Sunday Night Football, though Sunday night games at that point of the season are subject to flex scheduling. Both the Bengals and Steelers enter 2016 with high expectations and solid rosters and plan to be playing for something in December.

The Bengals are scheduled for four primetime games, tying a franchise record. The Steelers got four primetime games and a Christmas spotlight game vs. the Ravens.

The fallout from the January Bengals-Steelers game has included plenty of talk from both sides and a recent Twitter spat involving Burfict and Steelers running back DeAngelo Williams.

Back when the league first suspended him I pondered this idea on this board. I wish I was lucky like this with my occasional lottery purchase.

RuthlessBurgher
04-15-2016, 01:01 AM
Back when the league first suspended him I pondered this idea on this board. I wish I was lucky like this with my occasional lottery purchase.

By Mike Florio
April 14, 2016, 11:20 PM EDT
Rooney doubts Burfict-free game was extra punishment for Bengals

Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict absorbed a three-game suspension for an illegal hit that concussed Steelers receiver Antonio Brown, knocking him out of a divisional round game against the Broncos. As a result of the suspension, Burfict will miss the next chapter in the Bengals-Steelers rivalry.

So was the scheduling of a Bengals-Steelers game in Week Two, during Burfict’s absence, intended to reflect extra punishment for the Bengals?

“I doubt that,” Steelers owner Art Rooney said in quotes published on the team-owned website. “I’m sure the league wanted a game that would be an interesting game for us to open our season at home, and that certainly fits the bill in terms of renewing the rivalry with the Bengals early in the season.”

It would have been much more interesting if it had come two weeks later, in lieu of the Sunday night game the Steelers will be hosting against the Chiefs.

With Burfict due to miss three games, why shouldn’t one of those missed games happen against the team that saw its Super Bowl hopes dashed by not having Brown in a playoff game against the Broncos? Given that Denver couldn’t cover Brown when the teams played in Pittsburgh on December 20, it’s not a stretch to say the Steelers would have won with Brown.

So if anyone deserves to catch the Bengals when they don’t have Burfict, it’s the Steelers. If anything, both Bengals-Steelers games should have been played in the first three weeks of the season.

Jooser
04-15-2016, 06:46 AM
They get some of the toughest games at home at least with Dallas, NE*, and KC. Travelling to Philly has usually been tough for us, as it is travelling to the Jets. But wow, 3 straight divisional games to finish off the year could be a wild ride, depending on how the other teams are doing and what's at stake for a playoff spot.

Oviedo
04-15-2016, 07:43 AM
They get some of the toughest games at home at least with Dallas, NE*, and KC. Travelling to Philly has usually been tough for us, as it is travelling to the Jets. But wow, 3 straight divisional games to finish off the year could be a wild ride, depending on how the other teams are doing and what's at stake for a playoff spot.

I kinda like that stretch because the pressure will be on all the teams, except likely the Browns. It will be tough but I could see us going for a 1st round bye at that point.

I'm not worried about Dallas at all at home and not so much about the Pats

Slapstick
04-15-2016, 07:45 AM

Those last three weeks will be where the Steelers secure the division...

Oviedo
04-15-2016, 07:57 AM
Prediction 13-3

Week 1
Mon., Sept. 12 at Washington Redskins --Win
Week 2
Sun., Sept. 18 vs. Cincinnati Bengals--Win
Week 3
Sun., Sept. 25 at Philadelphia Eagles --Win
Week 4
Sun., Oct. 2 vs. Kansas City Chiefs --Win
Week 5
Sun., Oct. 9 vs. New York Jets* --Win
Week 6
Sun., Oct. 16 at Miami Dolphins* --Win
Week 7
Sun., Oct. 23 vs. New England Patriots* --Win
Week 8
BYE WEEK ----- -----
Week 9
Sun., Nov. 6 at Baltimore Ravens* --Loss
Week 10
Sun., Nov. 13 vs. Dallas Cowboys* --Win
Week 11
Sun., Nov. 20 at Cleveland Browns*--Win
Week 12
Thurs., Nov. 24 at Indianapolis Colts --Loss
Week 13
Sun., Dec. 4 vs. New York Giants* --Win
Week 14
Sun., Dec. 11 at Buffalo Bills* --Win
Week 15
Thurs., Dec. 18 at Cincinnati Bengals* --Loss
Week 16
Sun., Dec. 25 vs. Baltimore Ravens --Win
Week 17
Sun., Jan. 1 vs. Cleveland Browns* --Win

SidSmythe
04-15-2016, 09:51 AM
Can't believe the League scheduled a Pittsburgh/Baltimore game directly after both teams have a BYE...this one is gonna be EXTRA nasty.

Possible FLEX Game??
The Sunday Night game is DENVER @ OAKLAND
Butt Fumble or whoever DENVER's QB is could lead them to a 2 - 5 or 2-6 record at this point.

If the STEELERS are 5-2 and the Ravens 5-2 this could get flexed!
Just a thought....it's a scenario that works for me!!

feltdizz
04-15-2016, 03:51 PM
Prediction 13-3

Week 1
Mon., Sept. 12 at Washington Redskins --Win
Week 2
Sun., Sept. 18 vs. Cincinnati Bengals--Win
Week 3
Sun., Sept. 25 at Philadelphia Eagles --Win
Week 4
Sun., Oct. 2 vs. Kansas City Chiefs --Win
Week 5
Sun., Oct. 9 vs. New York Jets* --Win
Week 6
Sun., Oct. 16 at Miami Dolphins* --Win
Week 7
Sun., Oct. 23 vs. New England Patriots* --Win
Week 8
BYE WEEK ----- -----
Week 9
Sun., Nov. 6 at Baltimore Ravens* --Loss
Week 10
Sun., Nov. 13 vs. Dallas Cowboys* --Win
Week 11
Sun., Nov. 20 at Cleveland Browns*--Win
Week 12
Thurs., Nov. 24 at Indianapolis Colts --Loss
Week 13
Sun., Dec. 4 vs. New York Giants* --Win
Week 14
Sun., Dec. 11 at Buffalo Bills* --Win
Week 15
Thurs., Dec. 18 at Cincinnati Bengals* --Loss
Week 16
Sun., Dec. 25 vs. Baltimore Ravens --Win
Week 17
Sun., Jan. 1 vs. Cleveland Browns* --Win

no way we beat NY Jets, Dolphins and the Pats. We will lose one of these games and it's probably vs the Pats or Jets

steelerkeylargo
04-16-2016, 09:28 PM
Other than Miami all our road games are within a 4 hour drive from the Burgh

Captain Lemming
04-16-2016, 09:36 PM
Other than Miami all our road games are within a 4 hour drive from the Burgh

Then YOU need to represent in Miami. :)

Slapstick
04-16-2016, 10:16 PM
Hopefully no hurricanes this time...

steelerkeylargo
04-16-2016, 10:32 PM

I will be there. Sideline passes!!

Captain Lemming
04-16-2016, 11:12 PM
I will be there. Sideline passes!!

BTW fins backup center Samson Sateles dad was my good friend growing up in the same town in Hawaii. He always had my back when trouble came my way and no sane person wanted to mess with him. He was huge just like his kid, also a highly recruited college center wth NFL potential but he flunked out of college. So happy his kid is having a long NFL career.

Oviedo
04-17-2016, 08:16 AM
no way we beat NY Jets, Dolphins and the Pats. We will lose one of these games and it's probably vs the Pats or Jets

Disagree.

Miami and the Jets have QB issues and the Pats are due.

Oviedo
04-17-2016, 08:17 AM

4 hour drive from me. I may be looking for tickets

Keyplay1
04-17-2016, 12:13 PM
winwithd (http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/member.php/9538-winwithd)

http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/images/statusicon/user-offline.png

This schedule is a piece of cake. I see no tough stretches. We should end up with a first round bye and home field throughout the afc playoffs. Since Bad Ben shows up every once in a while I will say 15-1, 14-2 at the worst. Only thing that changes this would be a rash of injuries like last year. Looks like Ben will get #3 next year. And the franchise will get #7.

And I thought I was a doom and gloomer.:D

Anyhow, this is the 1st year in some time I have not thought the league was out to destroy the Steelers. Going back to opening in Denver after losing there [2011] in the PO's. A game which was supposed to be a game here but was changed. Then last year opening in NE. It would be impossible to dream up any worse scenarios to start seasons, I thought, although there was disagreement. But the net results in all these years was the one strange PO win in Cinci last year.

But the optimism is not unfounded. However, a solid draft [very possible] and a confirming TC will be needed before I drink the Koolaid.

btw: your user name belies your extreme optimism.

NJ-STEELER
04-17-2016, 07:17 PM
No major injuries and I see 11-5 as the floor.

14-2 the ceiling

Oviedo
04-18-2016, 07:17 AM
No major injuries and I see 11-5 as the floor.

14-2 the ceiling

I agree with you floor and ceiling. Its all about avoiding key injuries.