PDA

View Full Version : Prospect Interviews and Visits

Oviedo
02-29-2016, 08:59 AM
From BTSC>

Below is the most currentlist of Steelers draft prospects they have interviewed:
Updated: 2/28
USCQB Cody Kessler(Senior Bowl)
San Jose State RB, Tyler Ervin (Combine)
Stanford TE, Austin Hooper (Combine)
Penn State DE, Carl Nassib (Combine)
Duke S, Jeremy Cash (Combine)
Louisiana Tech DE/NT, Vernon Butler (Combine)

squidkid
02-29-2016, 04:01 PM
so far, only first rounders there are DL

Shawn
02-29-2016, 04:45 PM
Exactly...I don't believe they go DB first round.

Iron City Inc.
02-29-2016, 05:50 PM
Exactly...I don't believe they go DB first round.
That OSU corner or Houston corner would be hard to pass up imho.

Slapstick
02-29-2016, 05:51 PM
I just read a report on USA Today that the Steelers are interviewing Eli Apple at the combine...

buccoray61
02-29-2016, 06:57 PM
I'm watching the combine now and the DB's are up. Apple has nice size 6-1 199,and his 40 time 4.40 was really good. NFL.com compares him to Trumaine Johnson of the Rams

Rara
02-29-2016, 07:50 PM
Also add Darius Thompson, S; Boise State and Mackenzie Alexander, CB; Clemson to the list. They were interviewed today at the combine.

squidkid
02-29-2016, 08:36 PM
Also add Darius Thompson, S; Boise State and Mackenzie Alexander, CB; Clemson to the list. They were interviewed today at the combine.

i know its real early, but every site i see has alexander gone top 15 and thompson a late 2/ early 3 safety.

still at 2 DL in play at #25

Oviedo
03-01-2016, 05:31 PM
Updated: 3/1
USC QB, Cody Kessler (Senior Bowl)
San Jose State RB, Tyler Ervin (Combine)
Stanford TE, Austin Hooper (Combine)
Penn State DE, Carl Nassib (Combine)
Duke S, Jeremy Cash (Combine)
Louisiana Tech DE/NT, Vernon Butler (Combine)
Oregon QB, Vernon Adams (Combine)
Clemson CB, Mackensie Alexander (Combine)
USC LB/S, Su'a Cravens (Combine)

SS Laser
03-01-2016, 10:47 PM
Is it just me or is the hybrid S/LB chasing the "ghost" of Troy P? Is it not better to have a speedy cover safety that is still big enough to still hit down in the "box" when needed?

Shawn
03-01-2016, 11:02 PM
That OSU corner or Houston corner would be hard to pass up imho. Eli Apple is subject to get burned. He has all the tools but didn't always show them. He is big, fluid, and fast. He can tackle. He needs some coaching...and I could see the Steelers jumping on him because of his measurables and his athleticism.

Rara
03-02-2016, 12:43 AM
I'm starting to jump on that William Jackson III bandwagon..however, he'll probably go higher.

Chadman
03-02-2016, 01:02 AM
When it comes to DB's, Sean Davis from Maryland passes a lot of tests for the Steelers..

Oviedo
03-02-2016, 09:04 AM
When it comes to DB's, Sean Davis from Maryland passes a lot of tests for the Steelers..

Last DB I recall we selected from Maryland was Chad Scott...ooops I just threw up in my mouth. We selected Scott with the 24th pick. Sorry but the superstitious side of me says no way.

RuthlessBurgher
03-02-2016, 10:27 AM
I'm starting to jump on that William Jackson III bandwagon..however, he'll probably go higher.

After the Combine, it appears that the stock is rising for Jalen Ramsey (4.41 in the 40), Eli Apple (4.40 in the 40), and William Jackson (4.37 in the 40)...all over 6' tall the way teams like their outside corners...and the stock is falling for Vernon Hargreaves (4.50 in the 40) and an inch shorter than expected at 5'10" and with smaller than average arm length and hand size as well. I would LOVE to see Hargreaves fall right into our laps.

The tape said that Hargreaves was the #2 CB after Ramsey (#1 CB if Ramsey is considered to be a safety), but I'd be delighted if post-Combine VHIII was the #5 CB behind Ramsey, Apple, Jackson, and, Mackenzie Alexander. I would run that card up to the podium as fast as we ran up the DeCastro card a few years ago.