PDA

View Full Version : Shout out to coaches who kept 'em fighting ...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-17-2016, 10:12 PM
Hey, I know these are professionals, but we've all seen teams just kind of mail it in under circumstances less challenging than these.

They kept it together after losing:

Pro Bowl Center
Pro Bowl RB
Pro Bowl Receiver
Left Tackle
Gimpy winged QB, who also had to sit out because of injury.
1st String Rookie CB (did I get that right, Golston?)

Did I miss any one?

These guys went down fighting to the end.

Thanks not just to the players, but to Coach Tomlin, Munchak, Haley, Butler, Peezy(!), and others for a great season!

BradshawsHairdresser
01-17-2016, 10:28 PM
$$$$$$
I've been critical about Tomlin's clock-management and some of his in-game decisions, but one of his best points, IMO, is that he seems to be able to keep his team together under adversity. Got to give him his well-deserved kudos for that.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-17-2016, 10:36 PM
And I can't think of anything he messed up on in terms of game time decisions or clock management today. So he's real close to SB-level performance as well!

Starlifter
01-18-2016, 02:35 AM
And I can't think of anything he messed up on in terms of game time decisions or clock management today. So he's real close to SB-level performance as well!

kicking that punt instead of the FG was puzzling - as well as the three runs when we had first and 10 on the 5 yard line. i thought tomlin always says he's not going to play with fear. that series looked a heckuva lot like they feared the broncos defense. it gave another short field and led to points for the broncos.

still, a mostly clean game - but those two instances come to mind that bothered me.

Iron City Inc.
01-18-2016, 10:32 AM
kicking that punt instead of the FG was puzzling - as well as the three runs when we had first and 10 on the 5 yard line. i thought tomlin always says he's not going to play with fear. that series looked a heckuva lot like they feared the broncos defense. it gave another short field and led to points for the broncos.

still, a mostly clean game - but those two instances come to mind that bothered me.

The choice to punt had to be do to the wind. It's not like Boswell hasn't been money. Thought he still could hit it apx 51 yds IIRC.