PDA

View Full Version : Shazier showed us all what he can be

steelsnis
01-11-2016, 02:24 PM
What a game. 13 tackles and a couple of forced fumbles? Huge hits, combo of speed and power. Awesome game for the young man on a big stage. Perhaps all of those fans constantly lamenting any time he was held out of practice can relax a bit on the "soft" moniker?

On to Denver...(at least we don't have to worry about playing w/o Ryan Clark!!!)

Shawn
01-11-2016, 02:33 PM
Ok, here is what I don't get. Coaches and teammates call out Shazier telling him he needs to toughen up and play through pain...ok. A fan does it...not ok. A teammate calls Bryant out to be tougher...ok. A fan does it...not ok.

The fact is this...Shaziers own coaches and teammates accused him of being soft. I actually provided the links to the quotes in a previous post on this same subject. I don't think anyone doubts Shaziers talent. He has the ability to be all world...I mean Troy P kind of talent. The question will be can he play through dings...aches and pains...can he stay healthy enough to practice and play. And towards the end of the season when Williams called Shazier out...we have seen Shazier suit up and show up. I'm really encouraged by Shaziers play and his ability to finish the season strong. But, lets settle down on the criticism of fans who are reiterating the concerns of Steeler staff and players...eh?

feltdizz
01-11-2016, 02:36 PM
Ok, here is what I don't get. Coaches and teammates call out Shazier telling him he needs to toughen up and play through pain...ok. A fan does it...not ok. A teammate calls Bryant out to be tougher...ok. A fan does it...not ok.

The fact is this...Shaziers own coaches and teammates accused him of being soft. I actually provided the links to the quotes in a previous post on this same subject. I don't think anyone doubts Shaziers talent. He has the ability to be all world...I mean Troy P kind of talent. The question will be can he play through dings...aches and pains...can he stay healthy enough to practice and play. And towards the end of the season when Williams called Shazier out...we have seen Shazier suit up and show up. I'm really encouraged by Shaziers play and his ability to finish the season strong. But, lets settle down on the criticism of fans who are reiterating the concerns of Steeler staff and players...eh?

I agree, it doesn't make any sense to bash fans because they know he is a game changer and want him in the field.

If Shazier wasn't a force we wouldn't give a damn.

Oviedo
01-11-2016, 02:54 PM

Coaches and team mates have legitimacy based on first hand knowledge and observation not fans who voice opinions based upon hearsay. Nothing wrong with fan opinions as long as it is viewed just that way.

flippy
01-11-2016, 03:02 PM
Ryan has an upside to make a bigger contribution than Troy P and it's great to see the game he had. Now if we can get him a NT that can keep him clean, there's no reason he can't be on a path to serious DMVP consideration next season.

I really think the team has to make a commitment up front to keeping Shazier clean to make plays. If he's able to avoid engaging with OLinemen, he's golden.

Shawn
01-11-2016, 03:11 PM
Coaches and team mates have legitimacy based on first hand knowledge and observation not fans who voice opinions based upon hearsay. Nothing wrong with fan opinions as long as it is viewed just that way. In this case our opinions are the opinions of staff and players. So there is that.

steelsnis
01-11-2016, 03:22 PM
Lol, my post was more to praise RS than to bash people on this board.

Slapstick
01-11-2016, 03:26 PM
Lol, my post was more to praise RS than to bash people on this board.

He flat out had one hell of a game...

While the offense and Burfict/Pacman also played a part, Shazier is the single biggest reason that the Steelers are moving on to the next round...

Shawn
01-11-2016, 03:26 PM
Lol, my post was more to praise RS than to bash people on this board. But, you just had to throw that in there huh.

steelsnis
01-11-2016, 03:45 PM
But, you just had to throw that in there huh.

Good lord man I wasn't referring to anyone specifically. Take a break

Oviedo
01-11-2016, 03:47 PM
In this case our opinions are the opinions of staff and players. So there is that.

Actually really hearsay unless you have direct quotes

feltdizz
01-11-2016, 04:34 PM
Actually really hearsay unless you have direct quotes

but, we did have quotes from the players and Tomlin...

Shawn
01-11-2016, 04:46 PM
Actually really hearsay unless you have direct quotes It's not heresay since I already said I provided quotes in a previous thread on this same subject. If interested do your homework.

Shawn
01-11-2016, 04:48 PM
Good lord man I wasn't referring to anyone specifically. Take a break It just gets old reading super fans comments about us lesser fans who might have a gripe. You are probably being punished for the sins of others.

Slapstick
01-11-2016, 07:15 PM
To be fair, griping after a big win is kind of stupid...

phillyesq
01-11-2016, 07:16 PM
What a game. 13 tackles and a couple of forced fumbles? Huge hits, combo of speed and power. Awesome game for the young man on a big stage. Perhaps all of those fans constantly lamenting any time he was held out of practice can relax a bit on the "soft" moniker?

On to Denver...(at least we don't have to worry about playing w/o Ryan Clark!!!)

It was a really great game. Also encouraging to see him involved in breaking up at least one pass. Despite his speed, he's struggled a bit in coverage. The defense really needs a playmaker. Hopefully RS becomes that guy.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-11-2016, 07:17 PM
To be fair, griping after a big win is kind of stupid...

But not unexpected from some quarters, unfortunately.

Could be worse!

Slapstick
01-11-2016, 07:25 PM
But not unexpected from some quarters, unfortunately.

Could be worse!

It's a hell of a lot better than reading gripes after a loss!

Eddie Spaghetti
01-11-2016, 08:27 PM
games like that are why he was picked ahead of moseley. If he can string performances like that along with just solid play, the sky is the limit for him

I've been critical of shazier and his staying healthy and disappearing for stretches in games, but he made plays Saturday night that cj Moseley can only dream of