PDA

View Full Version : Yeah baby....we are in!

Captain Lemming
01-03-2016, 05:00 PM
Pick by Jets effectively ends game.

NJ-STEELER
01-03-2016, 05:00 PM
How many timeouts do they have left?

NJ-STEELER
01-03-2016, 05:03 PM
I see now

RuthlessBurgher
01-03-2016, 05:04 PM
Bills punting to Jets with 55 seconds left. No Jets timeouts left.

Captain Lemming
01-03-2016, 05:05 PM
Idiots did not take advantage of 2 minute break .....had 2 waste one

RuthlessBurgher
01-03-2016, 05:05 PM
Jets at own 18 with 44 seconds left. No timeouts.

RuthlessBurgher
01-03-2016, 05:06 PM
Picked off again. Game over. Playoffs, baby.

Captain Lemming
01-03-2016, 05:06 PM
Just got saved by dB from bomb that would have been a TD

buccoray61
01-03-2016, 05:07 PM
Interception Bills!!Down go the Jets!!!

buccoray61
01-03-2016, 05:08 PM
:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1:tt1

8467thekraken
01-03-2016, 05:10 PM
Can I get a HELL YEAH!!!!?

feltdizz
01-03-2016, 05:11 PM
Hell yeah... any given sunday

Oviedo
01-03-2016, 05:12 PM
Just needed a chance now we have to do something with it.

There is always reason to hope because anything can happen on any NFL Sunday

Steelwolf
01-03-2016, 05:15 PM
I'm shocked but let's make waves boys!

RuthlessBurgher
01-03-2016, 05:18 PM
Starting QB's in the AFC Playoffs...Ben Roethlisberger, Alex Smith, Brian Hoyer, A.J. McCarron, Brock Osweiler, and Tom Brady on a 2 game losing streak (lost 4 of last 6 games, actually). It's there for the taking, gentlemen. We've gone the distance from the 6th seed before.

JTP53609
If the Broncos win they get the 1 seed and I believe cincy is 2 and we will get the three which is ***

Shoe
Its so nice to be wrong (thought Jets would handle their business)!

We most likely play CIN... it actually plays out reasonably well if you consider AJ McCarron to be an easier opponent than Andy Dalton. I personally would not, since we all know what Tebow ended up doing to us. We are not looking great either by any means, considering how often Ben looks sketchy. AND, this French-named RB from Michigan stinks.

Oviedo
01-03-2016, 05:19 PM
Starting QB's in the AFC Playoffs...Ben Roethlisberger, Alex Smith, Brian Hoyer, A.J. McCarron, Brock Osweiler, and Tom Brady on a 2 game losing streak (lost 4 of last 6 games, actually). It's there for the taking, gentlemen. We've gone the distance from the 6th seed before.

I totally confident in Ben and the offense, but equally concerned about what defense shows up

Gus
01-03-2016, 05:21 PM
If the Broncos win they get the 1 seed and I believe cincy is 2 and we will get the three which is ***
Playoff Machine says we play the Bengals if the Broncos win

BradshawsHairdresser
01-03-2016, 05:23 PM
Didn't get to see the game...how bad did DeAngelo's injury look? Do you think he'll be ready to go next week.

If not, it'll seriously hamper the Steelers' chances, IMO.

Eddie Spaghetti
01-03-2016, 05:24 PM
Thank you buffalo

They were the better team all day

BradshawsHairdresser
01-03-2016, 05:26 PM

I'm not so worried about the ***'s IF we have DeAngelo ready to roll.

8467thekraken
01-03-2016, 05:27 PM
Can't believe we are dealing with the same issue at RB as last year...

...WTF?!

feltdizz
01-03-2016, 05:27 PM
Thank you buffalo

They were the better team all day

Bills should win an Oscar for playing spoiler today.

I had a feeling it would be a close game.

Shoe
01-03-2016, 05:28 PM
Didn't get to see the game...how bad did DeAngelo's injury look? Do you think he'll be ready to go next week.

If not, it'll seriously hamper the Steelers' chances, IMO.

I would be shocked if he played next week. Even if they say he'll play, I doubt he would be effective at all. The back-up guy looked terrible--any Michigan fans here? What is this guy's skill-set?

feltdizz
01-03-2016, 05:29 PM
Can't believe we are dealing with the same issue at RB as last year...

...WTF?!

As soon as he went down I had a feeling we would make the playoffs...lol.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-03-2016, 05:31 PM
He just seemed to lack patience before hitting the hole.

Maybe he can learn that this week? Watch some youtubes or something???

BradshawsHairdresser
01-03-2016, 05:31 PM
I would be shocked if he played next week. Even if they say he'll play, I doubt he would be effective at all. The back-up guy looked terrible--any Michigan fans here? What is this guy's skill-set?
Not what I wanted to hear...and like last year, nobody of comparable caliber to plug in. Oh well...maybe Touissant or the dude we got from Carolina can step it up.

Eddie Spaghetti
01-03-2016, 05:41 PM
Bills should win an Oscar for playing spoiler today.

I had a feeling it would be a close game.

I didn't give them much of a shot

Tyrod Taylor played a really smart football game today. Thanks for cutting him Baltimore. Lol

Shoe
01-03-2016, 05:42 PM
There really is no reason Touissant can't be productive next week. Even with Williams healthy, I wouldn't rely on him going forward--he's been asked to carry so much load, I'm pretty sure he was petering out anyway. But Touissant is very fresh at this point in the year. He needs to take a page from Isaac Redman's playbook--trust his eyes, run decisively, and run with ENERGY. All the rest of the guys on the field are beat up, and they can't really handle a young, fresh kid coming hard at them all game.

AzStillers1989
01-03-2016, 05:45 PM
Woooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Steelwolf
01-03-2016, 06:29 PM
Did I miss someyhing, it looked like Williams sprinted back to the sideline during the game or did I imagine that lol

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-03-2016, 06:34 PM
Did I miss someyhing, it looked like Williams sprinted back to the sideline during the game or did I imagine that lol

I hope that's true!

SS Laser
01-03-2016, 06:38 PM
Yes DW came back out. But no word on his injury after game press conferance

8467thekraken
01-03-2016, 06:44 PM
Wonder why we haven't see any of Jordan Todman?

Jooser
01-03-2016, 06:45 PM
Can I get a HELL YEAH!!!!?

I'll one up ya with an AMEN !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGchlqCjj8A

buccoray61
01-03-2016, 06:46 PM
Wonder why we haven't see any of Jordan Todman?
He was inactive today.

8467thekraken
01-03-2016, 06:56 PM
Roger that.

Slapstick
01-03-2016, 09:47 PM
I believe DW was taped up and high-stepping in place before Tomlin shut him down...

Cinnjerm3000
01-03-2016, 11:51 PM
So I guess I'm alone in my thinking that this team can get along fine on offense just passing the ball 90 percent of the time? Really that's all we did against the number 1 and 2 defenses and seemed to yield favorable results (Seattle final score not withstanding). Whatever, I'm just ecstatic to have a least one more week of Steelers football to look forward to.

JTP53609
01-03-2016, 11:55 PM
Yea but when we threw it against Seattle and cincy as much as we did, it helped that Williams was a threat and actually ran well when he got it, nobody will respect the run game and play action won't work as well without Williams.

RuthlessBurgher
01-04-2016, 12:03 AM
Even if we don't run, it's nice to have a RB back there who can pick up blitzers in pass protection and catch passes out of the backfield.

If DeAngelo can't go next week, we'll need Jordan Todman to be active to go along with Fitzgerald Touissant. Perhaps they even activate Rajion Neal from the practice squad or...gasp...even bring back Dri Archer since he is at least familiar with the offense. What they won't do is sign someone blindly off the street to play in the playoffs like they did last year with the failed Ben Tate experiment.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-04-2016, 12:16 AM
Even if we don't run, it's nice to have a RB back there who can pick up blitzers in pass protection and catch passes out of the backfield.

If DeAngelo can't go next week, we'll need Jordan Todman to be active to go along with Fitzgerald Touissant. Perhaps they even activate Rajion Neal from the practice squad or...gasp...even bring back Dri Archer since he is at least familiar with the offense. What they won't do is sign someone blindly off the street to play in the playoffs like they did last year with the failed Ben Tate experiment.

OMG, Ruth, that is thinking outside the box. Wouldn't that be something if Haley drew up a lot of laterals/bubble screens to Archer who just zipped down the field for points and yards.

I don't know ... does the fact that they kept the other two guys mean the coaches think they are *better* than Archer *now*, or just that they thought those two RBs had more upside down the road?

This is going to be crazy!

Steelerphile
01-04-2016, 04:42 AM

They should bring in Archer. I don't know if they would do that, admitting it was rather hasty to release him, or whether he would come back in. I know some fans have developed, what to me is an irrational level of rage toward him. But he has performed better at KO return than anyone else they have tried and even across the league his 25.3 average is above average. The KO returner is at a disadvantage with the kicker kicking from the 35 and most of the KOs going deep into the endzone. Even if someone tries to make something happen and take an KO 6 yards deep and makes it to the 22 yard line. That is actually a 28 yard return but only a two difference than if you just took a knee, and not really worth the risk.

He hasn't played from scrimmage at all. Maybe he could provide a spark. I am not impressed much with Toussaint. He is a stiff runner.

Sword
01-04-2016, 09:25 AM

Thank god we were not counting on our DB's to defend that!!!

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-04-2016, 01:47 PM

Being in Toronto, that was the game that I was able to watch. We watched it kickoff to whistle with the same intensity as we would a Steeler game. That play was awesome. The DB missed the receiver on the hit, but hit the ball, knocking it out of his hands. What a wild ending. Fitz is getting roasted for throwing three picks in the 4th, but on one he was hit as he released, and the other was on a desperation drive with not much time left on the clock. His receivers had their share of drops.

RobinCole
01-04-2016, 02:09 PM
If you want to bring in an RB who can pick up blitzers and catch short passes out of the backfield, Archer is probably not the answer. Too small to block anyone even if he wanted to and did not display any pass-catching ability in the few opportunities he had. Tended to run before he caught the ball.

feltdizz
01-04-2016, 02:38 PM
If you want to bring in an RB who can pick up blitzers and catch short passes out of the backfield, Archer is probably not the answer. Too small to block anyone even if he wanted to and did not display any pass-catching ability in the few opportunities he had. Tended to run before he caught the ball.

I agree on pass blocking but we only tossed it his way 2 or 3 times in our offense.

costanza2k1
01-04-2016, 04:31 PM
Yesterday was the first time I rooted more for another game then the Steelers' game...so awesome!

RuthlessBurgher
01-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Yesterday was the first time I rooted more for another game then the Steelers' game...so awesome!

Cos2k1! Welcome back, brother! Any Merry Festivus!

costanza2k1
01-04-2016, 05:22 PM
Cos2k1! Welcome back, brother! Any Merry Festivus! Thanks my man! I'm here to air my grievances! LOL

RuthlessBurgher
01-04-2016, 05:29 PM
thanks my man! I'm here to air my grievances! Lol

i got a lot of problems with you people and now you're gonna hear about it!!! ;)

Captain Lemming
01-04-2016, 09:35 PM
Being in Toronto, that was the game that I was able to watch. We watched it kickoff to whistle with the same intensity as we would a Steeler game. That play was awesome. The DB missed the receiver on the hit, but hit the ball, knocking it out of his hands. What a wild ending. Fitz is getting roasted for throwing three picks in the 4th, but on one he was hit as he released, and the other was on a desperation drive with not much time left on the clock. His receivers had their share of drops.

Same deal here. Never thought I would root so hard for a Ryan team. Funny thing is wanting to be first to call it I started this thread BEFORE that almost catch. So relieve the DB made that play.

Iron Shiek
01-04-2016, 09:53 PM

Ray Rice. I know they won't do it, but he can do everything the Steelers would need. Pat Kirwan on Sirius NFL Radio is a big proponent of Rice and backs him to succeed. I can't imagine ever rooting for him. Good thing Deangelo sounds better than he looked at least in this early stage of the week.

RuthlessBurgher
01-04-2016, 10:51 PM
Ray Rice. I know they won't do it, but he can do everything the Steelers would need. Pat Kirwan on Sirius NFL Radio is a big proponent of Rice and backs him to succeed. I can't imagine ever rooting for him. Good thing Deangelo sounds better than he looked at least in this early stage of the week.

I might have said Steven Jackson if he hadn't just played his first game with New England.

Wow...rare cos2k1 and Shieky sightings on the same day in the same thread.

As if a 6th seed with a path through Cincy and Peyton and Denver wasn't enough to make me feel like I was 10 years younger... ;)

Slapstick
01-05-2016, 12:22 AM
I might have said Steven Jackson if he hadn't just played his first game with New England.

Wow...rare cos2k1 and Shieky sightings on the same day in the same thread.

As if a 6th seed with a path through Cincy and Peyton and Denver wasn't enough to make me feel like I was 10 years younger... ;)

It's great to see familiar "faces" on the board instead of jagoffs...

feltdizz
01-05-2016, 12:32 AM
It's great to see familiar "faces" on the board instead of jagoffs...

We made the playoffs, they won't come around unless we lose.

Iron Shiek
01-06-2016, 01:14 PM
Thanks Slapstick, but you cannot confirm or deny that I'm not a "jagoff", but I appreciate the benefit of the doubt! :D

Slapstick
01-06-2016, 03:38 PM
Thanks Slapstick, but you cannot confirm or deny that I'm not a "jagoff", but I appreciate the benefit of the doubt! :D

Nah, you're good!

Douchebaggery is pretty obvious!

K Train
01-06-2016, 04:09 PM
@MarkKaboly_Trib: Marcus Gilbert took the high road when asked anything about last meeting with Bengals

@MarkKaboly_Trib: "Obviosuly, you don't know what's going to happen when the ball is snapped," is about the only thing Gilbert said was interesting.

@MarkKaboly_Trib: Steelers RT Marcus Gilbert:"You have to respect everything about these guys. They have great players. We know it is not going to be easy."

@RalphPaulk_Trib: "I hate Pittsburgh," is all Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict said after practice at Paul Brown Stadium. He's lying low before the wild-card game.

RuthlessBurgher
01-06-2016, 04:22 PM
@MarkKaboly_Trib: Marcus Gilbert took the high road when asked anything about last meeting with Bengals

@MarkKaboly_Trib: "Obviosuly, you don't know what's going to happen when the ball is snapped," is about the only thing Gilbert said was interesting.

@MarkKaboly_Trib: Steelers RT Marcus Gilbert:"You have to respect everything about these guys. They have great players. We know it is not going to be easy."

@RalphPaulk_Trib: "I hate Pittsburgh," is all Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict said after practice at Paul Brown Stadium. He's lying low before the wild-card game.

Carlos Dunlap on Marcus Gilbert: He wanted us for Christmas, he got us

Posted by Josh Alper on January 6, 2016, 6:53 AM EST

When the Bengals and Steelers met in Week 14, the two teams engaged in plenty of extracurricular activities that started with pregame pushing and shoving in the middle of the field.

There were $138,000 in fines handed out during the week following the game and the sniping didn’t end at the final whistle. Bengals cornerback Adam Jones sent some profane holiday greetings to the Steelers and Steelers tackle Marcus Gilbert went on Twitter to say that all he wanted for Christmas was a game against the Bengals in the playoffs “where they choke.”

Gilbert’s college teammate Carlos Dunlap is a Bengals defensive end and Dunlap said that now is the time for Gilbert to show what he can do since he got what he wanted.

“He’s been vocal,” Dunlap said, via ESPN.com. “But it is what it is if that’s what he wants to do. He wanted us for Christmas, he got it. Now we’ve got to see what he’s going to do.”

The bad blood in the last game was fueled in part by Bengals anger about what they felt were threatening messages sent by Steelers players to linebacker Vontaze Burfict’s reaction after a Burfict hit led to Le’Veon Bell’s season-ending knee injury.

We’ll find out Saturday night if things are a bit more under control, something we’d guess both coaches would like to see since a poorly timed 15-yard penalty could wind up ending someone’s season this time around.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/06/carlos-dunlap-on-marcus-gilbert-he-wanted-us-for-christmas-he-got-us/

Jooser
01-06-2016, 04:46 PM

Holy cow! Welcome back stanza!

Jooser
01-06-2016, 04:49 PM

Shiek! Nice to see ya..... I'm starting to feel better about this run now! :tt2