PDA

View Full Version : Duce Staley Interviews......

SidSmythe
01-02-2016, 02:27 PM
.....for the Eagles H.C. Job. (per Adam Schefter)

I predict a Hoodie Bowl next yr in Superbowl Fiddy One.
*Pats vs. Iggles

Staley gets his revenge vs. The Cheaters for ending his career.

buccoray61
01-02-2016, 03:26 PM
Well,he's use to standing on the sidelines.

RuthlessBurgher
01-02-2016, 03:39 PM
Why are they interviewing guys on Chip Kelly's staff? You'd think they'd want to move as far away as that as possible. Besides, as the Iggle RB coach, he managed to turn DeMarco Murray from the NFL rushing leader to overpriced backup in one season...quite an accomplishment!

buccoray61
01-02-2016, 03:58 PM
Why are they interviewing guys on Chip Kelly's staff? You'd think they'd want to move as far away as that as possible. Besides, as the Iggle RB coach, he managed to turn DeMarco Murray from the NFL rushing leader to overpriced backup in one season...quite an accomplishment!
An ESPN article says Staley has been a favorite of Lurie and he satisfies the Rooney rule.

Shoe
01-02-2016, 04:07 PM

Haha he's been prowling the sideline YEARS before he became an actual coach!

This seems like it would just fulfill the Rooney Rule. I wouldn't think anyone who has been been a HC or at least a coordinator at the highest levels, has any idea of the overall plan that needs to be in place.

pittpete
01-02-2016, 04:37 PM
I thought it would be for assistant manager at Dunkin Donuts

feltdizz
01-02-2016, 05:43 PM

Probably because Duce was on staff before Kelly was hired?

bostonsteeler
01-02-2016, 08:51 PM

I always thought that was a somewhat unfair critique of him.
He was having a tremendous season in 04 when he got sidelined. Had 800+ yards, averaging over 100 yards a game through the first half of the season, and only didn't have TDs because Cowher would stick the Bus in at the goalline.

It may have set a fire under the Bus, who improved significantly after a not-so-inspiring 03 season where he basically stank.

buccoray61
01-02-2016, 09:04 PM
He was having a tremendous season in 04 when he got sidelined. Had 800+ yards, averaging over 100 yards a game through the first half of the season, and only didn't have TDs because Cowher would stick the Bus in at the goalline.

It may have set a fire under the Bus, who improved significantly after a not-so-inspiring 03 season where he basically stank.
No doubt he was having a great season,but after he got hurt,he was rarely healthy after that.

Shoe
01-02-2016, 09:16 PM

You also probably feel the same way then about Woodley, since one can argue that he's simply been a victim of his body just falling apart. I personally, don't buy it in any case.

RuthlessBurgher
01-02-2016, 09:34 PM
Brandon Boykin rips Chip Kelly for acting like he was better and smarter than people
By Brandon Lee Gowton  @BrandonGowton on Jan 2, 2016, 3:40p

Count Brandon Boykin among those who wasn't surprised to see Chip Kelly fired. The former Eagles cornerback weighed in on Kelly's release in talking with Mark Kaboly of TribeLive.com:

When asked to compare Steelers coach Mike Tomlin and former Philadelphia coach Chip Kelly, cornerback Brandon Boykin said, "Tomlin treats players like professionals and grown men." Boykin added that Kelly didn't respect many of the Eagles, and he wasn't surprised by his former coach's dismissal with one game left in the season Tuesday.

"I think the players realized that a long time ago," he said. "Now the world knows. You can't trick players or pretend to be someone you're not if the results aren't there. The guys who were man enough to make a difference and do something about it were axed or (Kelly) acted like there were sour grapes or whatever.

"We were telling the truth, and people see that now. We are grown men, and he overlooked that aspect of it. He acted like he was better and smarter than people at his level, and that's where the respect was lost."

Boykin's comments hardly come as a surprise. After the team traded him for a conditional draft pick in August, Boykin had the following to say:

The truth is Chip is uncomfortable around grown men of our culture. He can't relate, and that makes him uncomfortable, he likes to be in total control of everything. Players can excel when you naturally let them be who they are and in my experience that hasn't been important to him.

Boykin later clarified his comments by saying Kelly wasn't racist. Instead, Boykin said Kelly didn't relate with his players.

Boykin's comments don't seen to be totally off-base. Following Kelly's dismissal, starting right tackle Lane Johnson said some Eagles players felt like Kelly wasn't approachable at times. Eagles Chairman and CEO Jeffrey Lurie said the team's next head coach needs to offer "emotional intelligence."

SidSmythe
01-03-2016, 05:25 AM

I tell you what. He was on the bench much of that sesson, however I remember watching him run the ball in the Championship Game that season and he was a man amongst boys. He came to the Burgh and ran with purpose but then got hurt.

He said some one from N.E. punched him in the back of the leg in a pile.....not sure how that could happen (to get that much force behind it w/out it on video ).

Keyplay1
01-03-2016, 07:48 AM
I thought it would be for assistant manager at Dunkin Donuts

Duce Staley, Staley, Stale---IDK Just doesn't sound like a fit for a donut place.

However, I do recall in his short time here the running game had really developed into something extra special. IIRC that was 2004. I do not recall many interviews with him though but I have a hunch he is one of those jocks that has a huge knowledge of the game and just might be HC material as unrealistic as it seems on the surface.

Actually, I am right now listening to the Fox Sports show and that is what they are talking about. Position coaches generally do not work. He mentioned Zorn and I remember a great QB Van Brocklin that did not work either. This of course is something that is not commonly discussed and I wonder if anyone can recall an example of an ex great player with very limited coaching experience who was successful.

feltdizz
01-03-2016, 08:35 AM
I tell you what. He was on the bench much of that sesson, however I remember watching him run the ball in the Championship Game that season and he was a man amongst boys. He came to the Burgh and ran with purpose but then got hurt.

He said some one from N.E. punched him in the back of the leg in a pile.....not sure how that could happen (to get that much force behind it w/out it on video ).

Tedy Bruschi did it...

and it was caught on video. You wont find it with a google search but if anyone has a tape of that game they show it in a replay.

After the tackle Tedi is seen punching Staleys leg 2 or 3 times. The Pats* were a dirty bunch.

SidSmythe
01-03-2016, 01:46 PM
Tedy Bruschi did it...

and it was caught on video. You wont find it with a google search but if anyone has a tape of that game they show it in a replay.

After the tackle Tedi is seen punching Staleys leg 2 or 3 times. The Pats* were a dirty bunch.

Not surprised