PDA

View Full Version : Winning next week: 59% chance of getting in

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-29-2015, 08:09 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/upshot/2015-nfl-playoff-simulator.html?team=pit#&

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-29-2015, 08:29 PM
I guess that means people think there is a 59% chance that Rex Ryan beats the Jets?

Why would people think that? It's not like it's toe-jam football or anything. When has Ryan ever had his team come together for a win when they needed one in the past 10 years? Whoever says that, IMO, got to be a joker.

Well, here's hoping: Bungalow Bills 35; Generation J-E-T-S 19.

(Sorry for separate post, I couldn't edit the first one, everything came out blue/underlined like a link).

Cinnjerm3000
12-29-2015, 08:43 PM
I guess that means people think there is a 59% chance that Rex Ryan beats the Jets?

Why would people think that? It's not like it's toe-jam football or anything. When has Ryan ever had his team come together for a win when they needed one in the past 10 years? Whoever says that, IMO, got to be a joker.

(Sorry for separate post, I couldn't edit the first one, everything came out blue/underlined like a link).

Yeah, this doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. That and I don't care much for probability. We were like a 90% lock to make the playoffs just last week. Probability is for the birds.

Slapstick
12-29-2015, 09:35 PM
Actually, you have to correct week 16 to include the Broncos victory...then, if you select a Steelers win, it calculates playoffs in only 52% of scenarios. Basically a coin flip, which is about the chance I would give the Bills vs. the Jets...

Steelwolf
12-29-2015, 10:16 PM
Jets are taking care of business while the steelers decided to take an early end to the season

BradshawsHairdresser
12-30-2015, 02:12 AM
They obviously didn't factor in the Steelers' record vs. crappy teams.

Sword
12-30-2015, 10:31 AM
I think Buffalo's golf bags are packed and they could care or less about this coming game.
This will take a miracle for us to make the playoff's..........

BradshawsHairdresser
12-30-2015, 11:12 AM
I think Buffalo's golf bags are packed and they could care or less about this coming game.
This will take a miracle for us to make the playoff's..........

Forget about Buffalo...I'm not sure the Steelers beat the Stains. They're apt to give them the ball 2 or 3 times on turnovers, and make Johnny Football look like a Pro Bowler.

papillon
12-30-2015, 11:50 AM

Don't forget that part of the 59% probability of the Steelers getting into the playoffs is the Steelers beating the Browns. It's not solely based on the Bills beating the Jets.

Pappy

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-30-2015, 12:43 PM
Not so sure about that, but to be honest, not much difference.

I really hate depending on the Bills.

Shoe
12-30-2015, 01:00 PM
Our best chance is if Fitzpatrick goes down with injury, and IK Enempali's buddy comes in to the game.

Slapstick
12-30-2015, 01:29 PM
Rex Ryan has lots of experience game planning against Ryan Fitzpatrick...he did it as DC of the Ravens when Fitzpatrick played for the Bungals. He did it twice a year when Fitzpatrick was the starter for Buffalo and he was HC of the Jets. Now, he's HC of the Bills and Fitzpatrick is with the Jets. The Bills beat the Jets earlier this year in NY...

RuthlessBurgher
12-30-2015, 02:21 PM
Our best chance is if Fitzpatrick goes down with injury, and IK Enempali's buddy comes in to the game.

There would be a certain degree of poetic justice if I.K. were the one to injure Fitz, thereby allowing Geno to play again.

pittpete
12-30-2015, 02:28 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/12/johnny_manziel_being_evaluated.html

Doubt Manziel is playing.
How many yards passing does Austin Davis get this week?
Pryor already beat us

papillon
12-30-2015, 03:11 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/12/johnny_manziel_being_evaluated.html

Doubt Manziel is playing.
How many yards passing does Austin Davis get this week?
Pryor already beat us

Well, Manziel won't have to worry about getting hit hard by the Steeler defense :evil:, so I say he plays even if he's in concussion protocol. :shock:
Austin Davis for 300 this week, geesh :cry:

Pappy

pittpete
12-30-2015, 03:24 PM
LOL Pap, good one

phillyesq
12-30-2015, 07:19 PM
Forget about Buffalo...I'm not sure the Steelers beat the Stains. They're apt to give them the ball 2 or 3 times on turnovers, and make Johnny Football look like a Pro Bowler.

Exactly. Given that the Steelers just lost by overlooking the Ravens, lets hope that they don't repeat that mistake again.

Steelwolf
12-30-2015, 08:08 PM
This loss took away my faith for this season. The offense can be rock solid but that defense is absolute dog butter.

NorthCoast
12-30-2015, 09:59 PM
Exactly. Given that the Steelers just lost by overlooking the Ravens, lets hope that they don't repeat that mistake again.

If Davis has a big day, it seals the deal that Tomlin and company have no clue on how to correct a pathetic pass defense. Or it just may be the case the talent is so poor there is no scheme that can overcome their flaws.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-01-2016, 12:38 AM
Read today that the latest estimate is that the Steelers have a 37% chance of making the playoffs.

Steelwolf
01-01-2016, 01:37 AM
Honestly I don't see buffalo beating the jets but hey what the hell I didn't see baltimore beating the steelers. Happy new year planet steelers!

phillyesq
01-01-2016, 11:34 AM
The scheme is poor. They're playing soft and taking McLendon off the field in nickel, so the four man rush suffers. They're also not blitzing. Furthermore, Blake continues to play the first half, where much of the damage is done. They have the tools to have a serviceable defense, not one that is shredded by 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string QBs alike.

McLendon should asbolutely see more snaps in the nickel. It will help keep Tuitt and Heyward fresh and help avoid the nickel D getting gashed against the run.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-01-2016, 01:00 PM
Not sure what new data came in to make the change, but the oracle linked to in the OP now says it's basically down to a coin toss whether we get in, and that's IF we beat Johnny Football. (I would think it would have gotten better instead of worse ... after all, Blake hasn't practiced this week!).

If we don't win, I hope it's by 6 TDs, all through the air. That would serve two purposes ... the Browns would decide Johnny Football is a keeper, which can only be good for us going forward. And a 6th year without a playoff win would make it that much harder for the Rooneys to avoid making drastic changes up and down the line.

Shoe
01-01-2016, 01:17 PM
Read today that the latest estimate is that the Steelers have a 37% chance of making the playoffs.

Sounds much more reasonable... since it all hinges on one game. (I know we have to take care of business ourselves. I honestly don't think there's any way we take the Browns lightly, and we hammer them.)

RuthlessBurgher
01-01-2016, 01:35 PM
Not sure what new data came in to make the change, but the oracle linked to in the OP now says it's basically down to a coin toss whether we get in, and that's IF we beat Johnny Football. (I would think it would have gotten better instead of worse ... after all, Blake hasn't practiced this week!).

If we don't win, I hope it's by 6 TDs, all through the air. That would serve two purposes ... the Browns would decide Johnny Football is a keeper, which can only be good for us going forward. And a 6th year without a playoff win would make it that much harder for the Rooneys to avoid making drastic changes up and down the line.

For what it's worth, Manziel has already been ruled out of the game (concussion protocol).

BradshawsHairdresser
01-01-2016, 01:52 PM
For what it's worth, Manziel has already been ruled out of the game (concussion protocol).

So will the Steelers go to the ultra-conservative game plan on D, and make Austin Davis look like an all-pro? Or will they play aggressive D, as though this is already a playoff game for them?

pittpete
01-01-2016, 02:08 PM
The scheme is poor. They're playing soft and taking McLendon off the field in nickel, so the four man rush suffers. They're also not blitzing. Furthermore, Blake continues to play the first half, where much of the damage is done. They have the tools to have a serviceable defense, not one that is shredded by 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string QBs alike.

This,this,this and this over again. Someone who gets it.

fordfixer
01-01-2016, 07:07 PM

Must of passed out at a party and hit his head on the floor:shock:

bostonsteeler
01-02-2016, 12:54 AM

That sounds more like the odds of the Steelers beating the Browns than that of making the playoffs.

I dont see a dispirited Bills beating a surging Jets team.
I'm not sure the steeler D wont give up 300 yards and 3 TDs to whichever bagging clerk the Browns bring in as QB.

Mr.wizard
01-03-2016, 11:06 PM
Jets are taking care of business while the steelers decided to take an early end to the season

What a difference a week makes.

NorthCoast
01-04-2016, 12:39 AM
The difference? A lot more blitzing from all directions instead of the passive garbage they rolled out last week. Must have decided death by a 1000 cuts wasn't such a great way to lose of football game.