PDA

View Full Version : Steelers try out Stanley Jean-Baptiste

Rara
12-16-2015, 08:02 PM
Adam SchefterVerified account ‏@AdamSchefter 2h2 hours ago
Stanley Jean-Baptiste, the Saints 2014 second round pick, tried out for Steelers today.

Let's see what comes of this.

SidSmythe
12-16-2015, 08:17 PM
A lot liked him coming out of college b/c of his size.
Would be nice to have a big CB on the roster to match up against Big WRs and TEs in man 2 man.

NorthCoast
12-16-2015, 08:25 PM
The question is why? He was a proven bust last season in New Orleans. Another case of hoping a scenery change will make a difference ?

Shoe
12-16-2015, 08:29 PM
The question is why? He was a proven bust last season in New Orleans. Another case of hoping a scenery change will make a difference ?

Well, digging in the trash can did net us James Harrison once upon a time.

papillon
12-16-2015, 08:54 PM
The Steelers are weak at CB, maybe a change will help him.

Pappy

BradshawsHairdresser
12-16-2015, 08:55 PM

And Villaneuva.

I don't have a problem with them giving Jean-Baptiste a try. He probably won't work out, but if he does, maybe they get some depth on the cheap...or maybe even something more. When your secondary is as needy as the Steelers' is, it's best to leave no stone unturned.

Might not take much work for him to be better than Blake.

pfelix73
12-16-2015, 09:33 PM
Sometimes coaching can just make a difference... We'll see.

Rara
12-16-2015, 11:26 PM
He'd be our tallest corner if we'd sign him...but height shouldn't be the reason why the Steelers should sign him. There must be something going on...I noticed earlier that Boykins was demoted from special teams..is Boykins being back on the bench? Is there an injury else where?

BradshawsHairdresser
12-17-2015, 12:01 AM
Well, they won't be signing Jean-Baptiste for his special teams play... if reports from New Orleans are right, he couldn't stick there because he couldn't contribute on ST's.

Captain Lemming
12-17-2015, 12:07 AM

A big difference is that high picks are not "dumped" hastily. Teams are far more likely to give up on a low pick or free agent too soon since expectations are lower and you don't get egg on your face for blowing a premium pick. Still I hope this is an exception.

Sword
12-17-2015, 08:13 AM
And Villaneuva.

I don't have a problem with them giving Jean-Baptiste a try. He probably won't work out, but if he does, maybe they get some depth on the cheap...or maybe even something more. When your secondary is as needy as the Steelers' is, it's best to leave no stone unturned.

Might not take much work for him to be better than Blake.

you are right on!!! for god sake get some new blood ..different chemistry can do wonders for people....

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-17-2015, 11:12 AM
Even if nothing comes of it, maybe it serves notice to the group of CBs in the locker room that no jobs are guaranteed.

WindyCitySteel
12-17-2015, 11:58 AM
He'd be our tallest corner if we'd sign him...but height shouldn't be the reason why the Steelers should sign him. There must be something going on...I noticed earlier that Boykins was demoted from special teams..is Boykins being back on the bench? Is there an injury else where?

Maybe they're taking Boykin off of teams because he will be starting? I'd take this guy over Blake, sight unseen. Couldn't be worse.