PDA

View Full Version : One Buckeye I'm not Drafting

NorthCoast
11-22-2015, 01:32 PM
This is a real danger sign if I am looking at them in the draft:

http://espn.go.com/ncf/story/_/id/14188908/ezekiel-elliott-ohio-state-buckeyes-points-finger-coaching-staff-loss-michigan-state-spartans

me-first kind of guys don't belong on the Steelers... Steelers learned the hard way with the 'young money' gang....

RuthlessBurgher
11-22-2015, 01:56 PM
Elliott will be a first round pick, and we likely won't be looking for bona fide young RB depth behind Le'Veon until the middle rounds at the earliest.

Slapstick
11-22-2015, 02:17 PM
It wasn't Elliott's selfishness that cost the Buckeyes that game...if he had finished with 12 carries in a win, you would have heard a completely different story.

feltdizz
11-22-2015, 03:35 PM
learned the hard way with Young Money? We got great production from YM and we have the best player from the group.

You aren't going to keep a trip of good WR's in this new NFL. I would take Elliot in a heartbeat if we needed a RB.

NorthCoast
11-22-2015, 05:37 PM
learned the hard way with Young Money? We got great production from YM and we have the best player from the group.

You aren't going to keep a trip of good WR's in this new NFL. I would take Elliot in a heartbeat if we needed a RB.

Yes they did. But when wins weren't happening you heard the true character.... it's a team sport and fortunately the Steelers try to find guys that are about the team, not themselves.

SteelBucks
11-22-2015, 06:13 PM
I'm still sick over the game and the fact that Zeke only got 2 carries in the second half.

Steelwolf
11-22-2015, 06:18 PM
I can say that the bucks schedule didn't do them any justice I was watching at the beer kitchen and man they didn't look good at all. What were they thinking only giving zeke the ball 2 carries .....

Slapstick
11-22-2015, 07:28 PM
Zeke is wondering the same thing...and being accused of being selfish.

papillon
11-23-2015, 12:02 PM
I believe Cardale Jones made similar statements to the effect that he won't be back next year either. I'm not sure what he's indicating transfer or NFL, but it doesn't appear that he's interested in returning to Columbus.

Pappy

Slapstick
11-23-2015, 12:06 PM
I believe Cardale Jones made similar statements to the effect that he won't be back next year either. I'm not sure what he's indicating transfer or NFL, but it doesn't appear that he's interested in returning to Columbus.

Pappy

Cardale is already 23. This is not a shock...

papillon
11-23-2015, 12:15 PM

If he transfers it would be, wouldn't he have to sit out a year? I doubt he'll be drafted in any round based on 3 games last year when the entire team was playing great. But, maybe, he will get drafted, I just don't see it happening with his limited resume, even though his physical attributes are what scouts are looking for.

Pappy

feltdizz
11-23-2015, 01:05 PM

He should've left last year. He will be a 5th or 6th rounder if he is lucky.

Shawn
11-23-2015, 01:25 PM
I'm still sick over the game and the fact that Zeke only got 2 carries in the second half. This was a talent rich Buckeye team that just didn't want it. It's not just Zeke but a prevailing attitude that Meyers couldn't smite...eyes on the NFL prize...no longer hungry.

Zeke is a gifted back. But, we know where his mind is.

Shawn
11-23-2015, 01:26 PM
He should've left last year. He will be a 5th or 6th rounder if he is lucky. Don't be so sure...big big arm.

Chucktownsteeler
11-23-2015, 02:59 PM
Still sick about the loss as well, but I have to remind myself these are still young players and emotions can get the best of them. Elliott did apologize today and Urban also posted a classy rebuttal. Neither Cardale Jones or Elliott were coming back next season so I am not sure the outcome effected their decision. In my opinion something transpired in the locker-room this season that affected the performance of this team. Also, losing OC Herrmann to Houston certainly didn't help.

Elliott will be taken in the 1st round, long before we select. Some drafts I have seen have the Cowboys selecting him, which makes sense. As for Cardale Jones I have seen him going to the Browns very high, although I am no longer sure it will be int eh 1st round. it wouldn't surprise me though if the Browns did select him #1.

Slapstick
11-23-2015, 03:40 PM
Still sick about the loss as well, but I have to remind myself these are still young players and emotions can get the best of them. Elliott did apologize today and Urban also posted a classy rebuttal. Neither Cardale Jones or Elliott were coming back next season so I am not sure the outcome effected their decision. In my opinion something transpired in the locker-room this season that affected the performance of this team. Also, losing OC Herrmann to Houston certainly didn't help.

Elliott will be taken in the 1st round, long before we select. Some drafts I have seen have the Cowboys selecting him, which makes sense. As for Cardale Jones I have seen him going to the Browns very high, although I am no longer sure it will be int eh 1st round. it wouldn't surprise me though if the Browns did select him #1.

What was classy was that Meyer didn't rebut what Elliott said at all...in fact, he said Zeke was right...he merely said that he aired his grievances in the wrong forum...

feltdizz
11-23-2015, 04:44 PM

if the Browns draft Cardale in the 1st the NFL should step in and block that pick.

papillon
11-23-2015, 04:50 PM
if the Browns draft Cardale in the 1st the NFL should step in and block that pick.

No way they deserve everything they get if they are that ridiculously inept.

Pappy

Oviedo
11-23-2015, 04:59 PM

That would be exactly the type of stupid "yet another QB" pick the Browns would make. Unfortunately I don't think even they are that stupid given they should be in range to get Connor Cook or Jeff Goff.

IMO Cardale and the rest of the Ohio State QBs are just more of Terelle Pryor. Anyone picking any of them before Round 3 are dumber than a rock.

NorthCoast
11-23-2015, 05:33 PM
Zeke is wondering the same thing...and being accused of being selfish.

It wasn't the message. It was how it was delivered that people take issue with .

i guess it is normal for this generation to air publicly..

RuthlessBurgher
11-23-2015, 05:35 PM
It wasn't the message. It was how it was delivered that people take issue with .

i guess it is normal for this generation to air publicly..

Let's see...Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat...yeah, I'd say so...

Chucktownsteeler
11-23-2015, 06:02 PM

Why, they didn't block Quinn, Weeden, or Manzil. I sure there were others as well.

Chucktownsteeler
11-23-2015, 06:04 PM
What was classy was that Meyer didn't rebut what Elliott said at all...in fact, he said Zeke was right...he merely said that he aired his grievances in the wrong forum...

I think Meyer handled it classy in his response. Clarrett was booted off the team for much less, IMHO. Meyer mentioned something like "he should have gotten more caries". Nice, IMHO.

Slapstick
11-23-2015, 06:11 PM
I think Meyer handled it classy in his response. Clarrett was booted off the team for much less, IMHO. Meyer mentioned something like "he should have gotten more caries". Nice, IMHO.

Clarett did a LOT more wrong than Elliott did by complaining to the media...

WindyCitySteel
11-24-2015, 11:00 AM
He was right - the game plan was garbage. Did you see him bawling his eyes out during the anthem? Kid is a warrior and his coaches didn't use him in the biggest game of the year.

Last I checked, he hasn't been suspended for smoking pot, like our feature back.

WindyCitySteel
11-24-2015, 11:00 AM
Yes they did. But when wins weren't happening you heard the true character.... it's a team sport and fortunately the Steelers try to find guys that are about the team, not themselves.

Every WR in football complains when they don't get the ball.

Slapstick
11-24-2015, 11:31 AM
He was right - the game plan was garbage. Did you see him bawling his eyes out during the anthem? Kid is a warrior and his coaches didn't use him in the biggest game of the year.

Last I checked, he hasn't been suspended for smoking pot, like our feature back.

I like Urban Meyer just as much, if not more, than Mike Tomlin. I will tell you that I agree: Their game plan was terrible. Props to Mark Dantonio and his team...

WindyCitySteel
11-24-2015, 12:00 PM
I like Urban Meyer just as much, if not more, than Mike Tomlin. I will tell you that I agree: Their game plan was terrible. Props to Mark Dantonio and his team...

Please don't mention those two in the same sentence again.

RuthlessBurgher
11-24-2015, 02:10 PM
Please don't mention those two in the same sentence again.

Which two? Meyer and Tomlin? Meyer and Dantonio? Or Tomlin and Dantonio? And why, exactly?

WindyCitySteel
11-24-2015, 03:40 PM
Which two? Meyer and Tomlin? Meyer and Dantonio? Or Tomlin and Dantonio? And why, exactly?

Meyer and Dumblin.

RuthlessBurgher
11-24-2015, 04:46 PM
Meyer and Dumblin.

What a clever insult. Almost as witty (and inaccurate) as Bustamalu.

You've just clinched the next photo Lonbull will use for me and SoD in his next MNFE update by the way. I just hope DeVille isn't too insulted by being compared so such a dumb guy. Since you don't want them mentioned together in the same sentence, we'll have to include them in the same photo instead. Just for you. You're welcome.

RuthlessBurgher
11-24-2015, 05:08 PM
https://fearthehat.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/cardale-jones-urban-meyer-mike-tomlin-rick-spielman.jpg?w=812

Slapstick
11-24-2015, 06:33 PM

And why not? All three are excellent coaches...

feltdizz
11-29-2015, 09:22 AM
30+ carries... 200+ yards on the ground.