PDA

View Full Version : Pouncey

birtikidis
11-16-2015, 02:35 PM
Has there been any updates on Pouncey? I was hoping he'd be back in the next couple of weeks....

SS Laser
11-16-2015, 03:25 PM
I don't see how after a 2nd surgery? And what kind of shape will he be in? I don't think he is needed. Unless 100% and in game shape if that is even possible.

steelsnis
11-16-2015, 03:30 PM
I don't see how after a 2nd surgery? And what kind of shape will he be in? I don't think he is needed. Unless 100% and in game shape if that is even possible.

Depends on nature of the surgery. If it was because the infection caused the screw/plate in his foot to be removed and reinserted, then he's probably gone for rest of year. If it was just to clean up and address the infection (without having to replace the screw/plate) then I'd guess he's got a chance to return.

Slapstick
11-16-2015, 03:48 PM
Depends on nature of the surgery. If it was because the infection caused the screw/plate in his foot to be removed and reinserted, then he's probably gone for rest of year. If it was just to clean up and address the infection (without having to replace the screw/plate) then I'd guess he's got a chance to return.

There was a pretty decent write up about it on the site that shall not be named. IIRC, it showed a Twitpic of Pouncey on the way to NC where the surgery was performed and then a pic of him on the return trip.

According to that piece, removing hardware is a standard procedure once the fracture is healed. Also, it looked like Pouncey's ankle wasn't showing any signs of severe infection in the pic. Best case scenario, the hardware was taken out because the fracture had healed and the infection (as a result of the hardware) was relatively mild and fully cleaned out with minor surgery and antibiotics.

Considering that Pouncey is young, healthy and well fed, he could still heal and be able to contribute in some fashion this season.

Or not...until something is made official, we really won't know. But, the photos and procedure did not give any real reason for pessimism.

NorthCoast
11-16-2015, 07:30 PM

I think he IS needed. Wallace was again abused and tossed around like a rag doll against a sorry sack DL.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-17-2015, 10:02 AM
I think he IS needed. Wallace was again abused and tossed around like a rag doll against a sorry sack DL.

Pouncey would be a big upgrade over Wallace. Thankfully, Wallace is at least better than Sean What's-his-name.

Steelers really missed Pouncey in the run-blocking dept. this last game, IMO.

RobinCole
11-17-2015, 10:12 AM
To assume that Pouncey can (1) come back this year and (2) be effective, is assuming too much.

papillon
11-17-2015, 10:16 AM
To assume that Pouncey can (1) come back this year and (2) be effective, is assuming too much.

The question is can he be more effective than Cody Wallace?

Pappy

SS Laser
11-17-2015, 11:14 PM
I am not sure Pouncey can handle Sheldon by himself. Guess we could see in the 2nd stain/steeler game. If Pouncey comes back. Or next season.

eniparadoxgma
11-18-2015, 12:27 AM
Pouncey would be a big upgrade over Wallace. Thankfully, Wallace is at least better than Sean What's-his-name.

Mahan. Who can forget him and his so-much-better replacement Chukky Okobi?

BradshawsHairdresser
11-18-2015, 12:41 AM
Mahan.

Are we allowed to say that name on this board?

eniparadoxgma
11-18-2015, 12:44 AM
Are we allowed to say that name on this board?

Honestly we probably shouldn't. It might be another Candyman type scenario and he emerges from a mirror then gets signed.

WindyCitySteel
11-18-2015, 09:30 AM
As Noll once said about Bradshaw in 1983, "He's close. But, so is Christmas."

I doubt we see him this year.

SteelerOfDeVille
11-20-2015, 01:19 AM
Honestly we probably shouldn't. It might be another Candyman type scenario and he emerges from a mirror then gets signed.
Mahan.... anybody brave enough to say it a 3rd time? :p

Slapstick
11-20-2015, 07:14 AM
Same guy?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-31021453

BradshawsHairdresser
11-20-2015, 09:43 AM
Same guy?

I doubt it...we never saw anything like that kind of passion from the namesake that was on the Steelers. The guy that was on the Steelers, if he'd tried to kill someone, probably wouldn't have even registered so much as a bruise or a scrape.

birtikidis
11-20-2015, 10:13 AM
Same guy?

damn, someone really hates their kid. Might as well have named the kid nutsack. That kid (he was 21 in 2014) probably coulda played center better than the wanker we had.

Slapstick
11-20-2015, 10:53 AM
I doubt it...we never saw anything like that kind of passion from the namesake that was on the Steelers. The guy that was on the Steelers, if he'd tried to kill someone, probably wouldn't have even registered so much as a bruise or a scrape.

I was joking...the Mahan in the BBC piece is Scottish and about 10 years younger than our beloved Sean Mahan...

RuthlessBurgher
11-20-2015, 11:06 AM
damn, someone really hates their kid. Might as well have named the kid nutsack. That kid (he was 21 in 2014) probably coulda played center better than the wanker we had.

Pull the old Bond routine...

Nutczak...Harry Nutczak.

eniparadoxgma
11-20-2015, 09:56 PM
Mahan.... anybody brave enough to say it a 3rd time? :p

Man...I really hope not.

I was joking...the Mahan in the BBC piece is Scottish and about 10 years younger than our beloved Sean Mahan...

:HeadBanger

Well we all now know who to blame should he-who-should-not-be-named gets signed again.

SidSmythe
11-20-2015, 10:32 PM
Mahan???
Can he play CB???

BradshawsHairdresser
11-21-2015, 01:19 AM
I was joking...

I know. So was I...kind of.

squidkid
11-21-2015, 04:10 PM
Mahan. Who can forget him and his so-much-better replacement Chukky Okobi?

he was a tomlin guy. a real steeler type.