PDA

View Full Version : Browns week.

Steelwolf
11-08-2015, 06:05 PM
Possibly looks like Landry will get the start. I can't lie and say I'm feeling peachy knowing this, but I would love to see him step up no doubt.

spyboots
11-08-2015, 07:27 PM
Even with Browns, it'll be another nail-biter game now.

NorthCoast
11-08-2015, 07:29 PM
This Browns team is scrappy. But the key is they can't play 60 min. Leaves them ripe for late game heroics. Predicting a FG battle.

Steelwolf
11-08-2015, 07:32 PM
Living in Ohio knowing it's browns week I hope they can get the W any way they can.

Ghost
11-08-2015, 08:10 PM
Will Manzeil be getting the start? He wasn't that good against cincy. Less than 50% completion for only 168 yards. Browns only rushed for 69 total yards. Hoping the defense has a feast. Shouldn't need a huge output from the O to win.

Steelwolf
11-08-2015, 08:30 PM
Ghost, I forgot that Johnny should be starting I guess we have that to look forward too

papillon
11-08-2015, 11:00 PM
I hope today's defensive performance is the anomaly for the year, they didn't look good in any phase of defense except hitting and creating turnovers which is good, but you can't count on 4 turnovers per game, at some point you have to play sound defensive football from start to end. The better teams in the league aren't coughing it up 4 times.

Pappy

SidSmythe
11-08-2015, 11:26 PM
Regardless. We will be at home with the best QB in this matchup

buccoray61
11-09-2015, 02:17 PM
I know the Steelers have been dealt a tough hand with injuries. I know that on any Sunday blah blah blah. Still there is no excuse for not beating a team like the Browns.. none.

B&GinNC
11-09-2015, 03:48 PM
Any shot at the postseason rides on getting a W here.

squidkid
11-09-2015, 05:29 PM
I know the Steelers have been dealt a tough hand with injuries. I know that on any Sunday blah blah blah. Still there is no excuse for not beating a team like the Browns.. none.

yup, even at a wash at qb, the steelers pretty much dominate at every other position
anything short of a 2 td win is inexcusable

WindyCitySteel
11-09-2015, 05:41 PM
yup, even at a wash at qb, the steelers pretty much dominate at every other position

I'll take a 1-pt win at this point. Get to 6-4 and get Ben back for Seattle, hopefully.

The Browns have a good OL, too. And our CBs don't dominate anyone else's in a comparison, or anyone elses's WRs in a matchup. Been gettng pretty pedestrian play from our LBs lately, too.

papillon
11-10-2015, 10:30 AM

Why do the Steelers have to win by 14 points? Are they playing against the Vegas odds? A win is a win in the NFL, whether it be 1 pt or 30 points. Winning big doesn't move you up the polls and into the playoff picture in the NFL.

Pappy

Northern_Blitz
11-10-2015, 10:55 AM

I think that this is hard to say, it's probably a push.

Jones was terrible in the one game he played where the other team knew he was going to be playing. I think this game will be tough.

Slapstick
11-10-2015, 11:55 AM

Jones was terrible in the one game he played where the other team knew he was going to be playing. I think this game will be tough.

True, but KC is generally a tough place to play, especially for your first NFL start...he'll be at home this time...

feltdizz
11-10-2015, 12:56 PM
Why do the Steelers have to win by 14 points? Are they playing against the Vegas odds? A win is a win in the NFL, whether it be 1 pt or 30 points. Winning big doesn't move you up the polls and into the playoff picture in the NFL.

Pappy

why not? why does every game have to be a nailbiter?

it's nice to beat the crap out of a team every so often.

papillon
11-10-2015, 01:05 PM
why not? why does every game have to be a nailbiter?

it's nice to beat the crap out of a team every so often.

But, not winning by 14 was inexcusable according to Squid, I don't see it as inexcusable if they win and its by less than 14 points. Yea, go ahead and blow them out, but if that doesn't happen I won't be sad if they win by 1 pt. when all seemed lost and Jacoby Jones returns an ill advised punt 99 yards for a TD and Mike Pettine tries to trip him as he runs by him on the sideline. It won't be inexcusable to me, it will be a much needed win.

Then we can come here and read all the fire Haley, fire Tomlin, fire Butler, Rooney should sell the team threads. :cool:

Pappy

7upnext
11-10-2015, 06:03 PM
Will Manzeil be getting the start? He wasn't that good against cincy. Less than 50% completion for only 168 yards. Browns only rushed for 69 total yards. Hoping the defense has a feast. Shouldn't need a huge output from the O to win.

He played great. There were several big drops that prevented big plays otherwise his numbers would have looked much better. I'd rather not face him to tell you the truth because I think he'd burn us on the ground. I actually think we destroy the Browns and Jones has a big game. Everyone in CLE needs to be fired. They are a joke.

AzStillers1989
11-10-2015, 08:08 PM
He played great. There were several big drops that prevented big plays otherwise his numbers would have looked much better. I'd rather not face him to tell you the truth because I think he'd burn us on the ground. I actually think we destroy the Browns and Jones has a big game. Everyone in CLE needs to be fired. They are a joke.

:rolleyes:....

NorthCoast
11-10-2015, 08:21 PM
It's a division game, take the win any way you can get it.... ugly, blowout, squeaker, .... don't care.

Steelwolf
11-10-2015, 08:46 PM
The Browns have always played us tough they beat us last year and almost got us the first game.....I'll take 3-2 game if it means the steelers have the W

squidkid
11-10-2015, 09:13 PM

Pappy

so you think its okay to have superior talent and superior coaching and only beat a pathetic team by 1 point?

Northern_Blitz
11-11-2015, 03:36 AM
so you think its okay to have superior talent and superior coaching and only beat a pathetic team by 1 point?

I think it's a QB driven league and we don't have superior talent at QB. I think a lot of people forget what it was like before Ben.

When you are playing with your 3rd string QB who had 3 TOs the only time he's played a full game (when the other team game planned for him), you take what you can get.

I think part of the reason Jones has looked good in relief is that he didn't get enough snaps to turn it over.

ARI: 12 passes, 0 TOs
KC: 29 passes, 3 TOs
OAK: 6 passes, 0 TOs

Unfortunately, we'll get to see what happens when he gets more attempts.

Mr.wizard
11-11-2015, 06:40 AM

Landry jones has a better supporting cast but I don't think talent wise he is better than Manziel.

WindyCitySteel
11-11-2015, 07:54 AM

If McCown plays, the Browns have the better QB.

WindyCitySteel
11-11-2015, 07:57 AM

The Steelers are taking a defense that can get lit up by anyone for 500+ yards and Landry Jones into this game. Two backup OL who have shown the propensity to get beaten badly, and no LeVeon Bell.

DeAngelo Williams was declared out of Wednesday practice already with foot inflammation. If he doesn't go, our starting RB is Jordan Todman.

The Steeler defense got no pressure, couldn't stop the run, and couldn't cover last week. Thankfully they got some turnovers or they give up 45-50 to Oakland.

Slapstick
11-11-2015, 09:06 AM
So, you're expecting another "craptastic slopfest" at Heinz?

WindyCitySteel
11-11-2015, 09:38 AM
So, you're expecting another "craptastic slopfest" at Heinz?

Do we still have the same coaches?

Slapstick
11-11-2015, 11:17 AM
So, the Steelers win then...

Oviedo
11-11-2015, 11:52 AM
Steelers will win by double digits

feltdizz
11-11-2015, 12:12 PM
I think it's a QB driven league and we don't have superior talent at QB. I think a lot of people forget what it was like before Ben.

When you are playing with your 3rd string QB who had 3 TOs the only time he's played a full game (when the other team game planned for him), you take what you can get.

I think part of the reason Jones has looked good in relief is that he didn't get enough snaps to turn it over.

ARI: 12 passes, 0 TOs
KC: 29 passes, 3 TOs
OAK: 6 passes, 0 TOs

Unfortunately, we'll get to see what happens when he gets more attempts.

life before Ben was 3 AFCCG losses to the Chargers, Broncos and Pats... along with one SB appearance where we almost won if we kept it on the ground.

life before Ben also had a few average and below average teams as well.

I think everyone forgot what life was before Ben because it wasn't that bad.

Sure we didn't win SB's but we played hard on D, ran the ball extremely well.

That being said... I don't think squidkid was talking about how we win with Landry Jones. We are barely winning WITH Ben and we shouldn't have to struggle vs most below average teams

BradshawsHairdresser
11-11-2015, 12:33 PM
Steelers will win by double digits

They should. And I hope they do.

But I fear that (as in a lot of recent games) they will play down to the level of their competition...and allow the Clowns to steal a win in a close game.

papillon
11-11-2015, 12:47 PM

I don't "THINK" it is okay, I'm certain that it is okay to beat a "pathetic" team by 1 point, any win is good, regardless of how it comes about and what I think of the talent on each team. If you want to base the season on style points that's your prerogative, but to me, a win is a win whether it is ugly or a thing of beauty.

Pappy

Oviedo
11-11-2015, 01:17 PM
They should. And I hope they do.

But I fear that (as in a lot of recent games) they will play down to the level of their competition...and allow the Clowns to steal a win in a close game.

"Nothing to fear but fear itself"

Oviedo
11-11-2015, 01:19 PM
I don't "THINK" it is okay, I'm certain that it is okay to beat a "pathetic" team by 1 point, any win is good, regardless of how it comes about and what I think of the talent on each team. If you want to base the season on style points that's your prerogative, but to me, a win is a win whether it is ugly or a thing of beauty.

Pappy

Just looked at your sig and relaized everyone on that draft list is on the team except for Holliman

Can't complain about that draft so far when 7 of 8 make the team

Jooser
11-11-2015, 06:23 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-bq4nLjWtaPg/UB3WgLooECI/AAAAAAAAAdQ/m3yH8pIZxMA/s640/0000000000000b.jpg

http://sportmystic.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/incompetence.jpg

https://cbscleveland.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/lost-bet.jpg

BradshawsHairdresser
11-11-2015, 08:02 PM
"Nothing to fear but fear itself"

Well, it ain't "fear" like I'm really "afraid" about anything...more like an uneasy pessimism that creeps in when I'd like to feel optimistic. :D

Until the Steelers start consistently taking care of the weaker teams, I'll probably feel some of this angst when they're preparing for these games.

RuthlessBurgher
11-12-2015, 11:31 AM

Absolutely. It counts exactly the same in the W-L column as a blowout victory over a defending Super Bowl champ, so I'll take it however I can get it. I'll let other people betting the money line worry about point spreads and the like.

fordfixer
11-12-2015, 09:57 PM
Absolutely. It counts exactly the same in the W-L column as a blowout victory over a defending Super Bowl champ, so I'll take it however I can get it. I'll let other people betting the money line worry about point spreads and the like.

Well said...

RuthlessBurgher
11-14-2015, 01:57 PM
By Zac Jackson
November 13, 2015, 3:08 PM EST
Harrison, Haden, Whitner will miss Browns-Steelers game

While the quarterback situation for both teams remains somewhere between uncertain and top secret, the Browns and Steelers each have defensive players who have been declared out of Sunday’s game in Pittsburgh.

The Steelers on Friday ruled out linebackers James Harrison and Terence Garvin and safety Shamarko Thomas. The Browns will again be without starting defensive backs Joe Haden and Donte Whitner due to concussions.

The Browns also practiced Friday without starting free safety Tashaun Gipson due to illness. Gipson is listed as questionable. The Browns also list backup safeties Jordan Poyer and Ibraheim Campbell as questionable.

Both teams’ starting quarterbacks are listed as questionable. Ben Roethlisberger practiced again on a limited basis Friday, while Browns coach Mike Pettine told reporters he’s made up his mind but won’t reveal for strategic reasons if Josh McCown or Johnny Manziel will start.

The Steelers also listed backup tight end Matt Spaeth as out and eight players as probable. Harrison and Thomas both have knee injuries and both missed practice all week.

Steelwolf
11-15-2015, 12:56 PM
Not sure if I read right but noticed Ben is listed as active, is he the number 2 possibly?

buccoray61
11-15-2015, 01:05 PM
Not sure if I read right but noticed Ben is listed as active, is he the number 2 possibly?
Yes he is,Vick is inactive.

bostonsteeler
11-15-2015, 01:09 PM
Yes he is,Vick is inactive.

Ben is supposedly backing up Landry. I guess this is a high point in young Landry's life -- to have one of the NFL greats backing him up.

Steelwolf
11-15-2015, 01:16 PM
Really hoping he takes full advantage. Whitner Gilbert and Haden are out so that's going for him.

RuthlessBurgher
11-15-2015, 01:28 PM
This is dumb. If Ben is healthy enough to play, then he should start. If he isn't healthy enough, he should be in Duce Staley sweats. There should be no middle ground here.

Shawn
11-16-2015, 08:42 AM
If McCown plays, the Browns have the better QB. Yeah, I think Manziel proved Landry Jones isn't in the same league.