PDA

View Full Version : Tuitt and then Harrison

SteelCrazy
09-23-2015, 07:11 AM
Tuitt tore it up all day long. Dude was a great pick if he plays like this day after day. This one particular play Tuitt pushes the RG to the ground and blows up the run play...lol...the same right guard gets up and looks for some payback, but he messed up when he found Harrison...

http://i.imgur.com/XKBjzIV.gif

Slapstick
09-23-2015, 07:40 AM
To have Heyward on one side and Tuitt on the other is a blessing we haven't had in awhile...

The Man of Steel
09-23-2015, 08:09 AM
To have Heyward on one side and Tuitt on the other is a blessing we haven't had in awhile...
Too bad the middle of our line is so mediocre. The Big Macs, McClendon and McCullers, are serious weak links on the defense.

WindyCitySteel
09-23-2015, 08:15 AM
We're lucky Deebo didn't get flagged for that. They called far less earlier in the game on one of the OL.

WindyCitySteel
09-23-2015, 08:20 AM
Too bad the middle of our line is so mediocre. The Big Macs, McClendon and McCullers, are serious weak links on the defense.

Huh? They aren't Hampton and aren't as good relatively as Heyward and Tuitt, but far from weak links. For those, you'll want to direct your attention to the cornerback position.

SidSmythe
09-23-2015, 09:49 AM

Actually I saw a stat that the Niners gained 1.9 per carry up the middle when McClendon was in the game.
It's one sample I know, but lets see.............

Eddie Spaghetti
09-23-2015, 09:52 AM
tuitt is an absolute beast and is only going to get better

will be interesting to see where this defense is by the middle of the season

K Train
09-23-2015, 10:02 AM
Always loved Tuitt...his run defense has greatly improved so far, pass rush skills have been there since day one.

RuthlessBurgher
09-23-2015, 10:13 AM

It hasn't exactly been decades since the heyday of Aaron Smith and Brett Keisel, though...

K Train
09-23-2015, 10:16 AM
It hasn't exactly been decades since the heyday of Aaron Smith and Brett Keisel, though...

Very different players, those guys were monsters as traditional 5 techniques in a defense that had complete stud OLBs. Aaron smith was a master of the position, could stack and shed like no other, and the line kept all the linebackers squeaky clean. Tuitt and Heyward offer some real disruptive pass rush from the 5 tech, 4 tech, 3 tech, ect....

RuthlessBurgher
09-23-2015, 10:19 AM
Very different players, those guys were monsters as traditional 5 techniques in a defense that had complete stud OLBs. Aaron smith was a master of the position, could stack and shed like no other, and the line kept all the linebackers squeaky clean. Tuitt and Heyward offer some real disruptive pass rush from the 5 tech, 4 tech, 3 tech, ect....

Yeah...I like me some Heyward and Tuitt, but if given the choice to select one pair in their respective primes, I'm still taking Aaron and Da Beard at this point.

Slapstick
09-23-2015, 10:21 AM
Actually I saw a stat that the Niners gained 1.9 per carry up the middle when McClendon was in the game.
It's one sample I know, but lets see.............

In the first two games, it has seemed to me that the middle and defensive right side have been solid for the most part. In the first game in particular, it seemed Lewis had success on the defensive left...

K Train
09-23-2015, 10:26 AM
Yeah...I like me some Heyward and Tuitt, but if given the choice to select one pair in their respective primes, I'm still taking Aaron and Da Beard at this point.
Time will tell, I see hewyard and Tuitt as having the potential to rival some of the best DE duos in the league (Richardson, Wilkerson), Kiesel and Smith were damn good, but also had one of the best NTs of all time playing between them.

I think mcclendon and mccullers are fine players, they allow you do do some interesting things on defense, but no hampton is a big difference between the duos.

I wouldnt even advocate for drafting a NT high, casey hamptons games has been wildly negated by zone stretch running plays....but guys like Poe and Shelton are filling a new role of NTs with lateral mobility and can rumble up field