PDA

View Full Version : where are you guys getting all this "tape' that you speak of?

squidkid
05-02-2015, 10:55 AM
i see a number of guys on here that mention all the 'tape' they watched on these players that the steelers picked.
all i have access to is youtube type highlight clips cut from televised games.
i would love to be able to view isolation shots from different angles, spots on the field, etc that the scouts and coaches have.
where did you get it?

Eddie Spaghetti
05-02-2015, 10:57 AM
internet super scouts talking about tape and film is my favorite thing about draft season

squidkid
05-02-2015, 11:06 AM
internet super scouts talking about tape and film is my favorite thing about draft season

i just want to know where they got it, if it is free or how much it costs;)

RuthlessBurgher
05-02-2015, 12:05 PM
i just want to know where they got it, if it is free or how much it costs;)

Scotch tape costs about $1. Masking tape about $3. Duct tape about $5. ;) Visit your local Target, Walmart, Home Depot, etc. They'll hook you up.

SS Laser
05-02-2015, 12:38 PM
Well some of the "tape" I looked at this draft season might be COACHES tape. It is VERY small samples and it comes from articles on DEPOT and Behind the steel curtain. But if you can use a computer you can cut up a youtube video I would think. Man you guys that either HATE OR LOVE a pick is funny. Why even post IF you hate it? Why post IF you just freaking LOVE it and have no points to make? ME I do like the pick so far. I read articles and see were these guys are considered to be and what they could be. I will agree with all the haters here IF these pick end up sucking. Or agree with the Lemmings when they produce and become fan favorites. Just don't get it I guess. Have fun.

squidkid
05-02-2015, 01:43 PM
Scotch tape costs about $1. Masking tape about $3. Duct tape about $5. ;) Visit your local Target, Walmart, Home Depot, etc. They'll hook you up.

nice reply:p
that's where i thought they were all getting it

Shawn
05-02-2015, 01:45 PM
Not that hard to find...it's called the internet.

7upnext
05-02-2015, 01:45 PM
I watch a lot of college football. I tape the combine, the senior bowl, and also youtube. Besides highlight reels there are individual games often up that can show you a lot. Combine all the above with reading scouts and looking up stats and it gives you a better picture overall. I imagine scouts aren't getting too much more because of the sheer volume of players they have to sift through. But at least they get actual game tape.

squidkid
05-02-2015, 01:48 PM
i guess it makes you sound cooler by saying 'tape' or 'film' when it is actually nothing more than tv

Shawn
05-02-2015, 01:52 PM
i guess it makes you sound cooler by saying 'tape' or 'film' when it is actually nothing more than tv if you were not such a douche maybe people would actually share with you. There are places to get highlighted film/video whatever douches like you like to call it.

squidkid
05-02-2015, 01:57 PM
if you were not such a douche maybe people would actually share with you. There are places to get highlighted film/video whatever douches like you like to call it.

lol..........name calling. must have struck a nerve when i asked about the so-called tape that the after selection experts have viewed.

why did you have golson a 5th rounder in your draft but your game 'tape' had him a mid second rounder?

Shawn
05-02-2015, 02:00 PM
No it's just douchebaggery to make a thread call people out.

SS Laser
05-02-2015, 02:03 PM
lol..........name calling. must have struck a nerve when i asked about the so-called tape that the after selection experts have viewed.

why did you have golson a 5th rounder in your draft but your game 'tape' had him a mid second rounder? You struck my nerve LONG ago. We are here to have FUN with the draft. Mocks are FUN. NOTHING MORE. No one here thinks they can predict all the Steeler picks. Value is in the eye of the beholder. I know you are here just to jack us real fans around. That's fine this is a forum. But come on you sound so dang dumb it is not funny now.

7 UP
05-02-2015, 02:21 PM
Well some of the "tape" I looked at this draft season might be COACHES tape. It is VERY small samples and it comes from articles on DEPOT and Behind the steel curtain. But if you can use a computer you can cut up a youtube video I would think. Man you guys that either HATE OR LOVE a pick is funny. Why even post IF you hate it? Why post IF you just freaking LOVE it and have no points to make? ME I do like the pick so far. I read articles and see were these guys are considered to be and what they could be. I will agree with all the haters here IF these pick end up sucking. Or agree with the Lemmings when they produce and become fan favorites. Just don't get it I guess. Have fun.

Yeah. If only there were an internet website where Steeler fans could post their joys or concerns over these draft picks, that would be awesome.

Slapstick
05-02-2015, 02:26 PM
If only such a place did not have to be polluted with a bunch of unfounded whining and crying.

SS Laser
05-02-2015, 02:32 PM
If only such a place did not have to be polluted with a bunch of unfounded whining and crying.:Cheers Preach it sir. My brain is bleeding reading most of the craptastic comments.

pittpete
05-02-2015, 03:24 PM
if you were not such a douche maybe people would actually share with you. There are places to get highlighted film/video whatever douches like you like to call it.

I just laughed out loud...Haaaaaaa

squidkid
05-02-2015, 04:52 PM
You struck my nerve LONG ago. We are here to have FUN with the draft. Mocks are FUN. NOTHING MORE. No one here thinks they can predict all the Steeler picks. Value is in the eye of the beholder. I know you are here just to jack us real fans around. That's fine this is a forum. But come on you sound so dang dumb it is not funny now.

oh no, not the 'real fan' response.

SS Laser
05-02-2015, 04:58 PM
oh no, not the 'real fan' response. Yes real fans like myself have some FAITH in the Steelers to do there jobs. Are all the picks Great? No of course not but the track record is they do good enough. Your just here to bust balls. Which is fine. Have at it. I only read your crap to see the intelligent posters hammer you. Continue with your stick.

squidkid
05-02-2015, 05:07 PM
Yes real fans like myself have some FAITH in the Steelers to do there jobs. Are all the picks Great? No of course not but the track record is they do good enough. Your just here to bust balls. Which is fine. Have at it. I only read your crap to see the intelligent posters hammer you. Continue with your stick.

so having FAITH makes a fan 'real'.
there are very few intelligent posters on this site, mostly fan boys.
ive challenged lost of 'intelligent' posters only to have them run away from the topic

7upnext
05-02-2015, 05:08 PM
so having FAITH makes a fan 'real'.
there are very few intelligent posters on this site, mostly fan boys.
ive challenged lost of 'intelligent' posters only to have them run away from the topic

you've literally been owned over and over in every thread you post in. You are delusional

feltdizz
05-02-2015, 05:44 PM
you've literally been owned over and over in every thread you post in. You are delusional

he is pretty hilarious... If I had a nickel for every time he used the "run away" excuse I would be rich.

SS Laser
05-02-2015, 05:57 PM
ive challenged lost of 'intelligent' posters only to have them run away from the topic----:) Yea sure you did nice work here.

squidkid
05-02-2015, 06:07 PM
he is pretty hilarious... If I had a nickel for every time he used the "run away" excuse I would be rich.

speaking of that.
if i had a nickel for every time you ran away..

DukieBoy
05-02-2015, 06:07 PM

:p:p:p

Fired by Massengill and dumped by Summer's Eve, gotta work hard to live up the the label, or so it seems.

I'm not a draftnik, but it looks like a pretty good draft to me. James is young, has time to develop. We didn't get a Manute Bol type for D-back, I guess. I like who we got anyway.

feltdizz
05-02-2015, 06:31 PM
speaking of that.
if i had a nickel for every time you ran away..

you would be a very poor man

you really need some new material.

Shawn
05-02-2015, 06:33 PM
:p:p:p

Fired by Massengill and dumped by Summer's Eve, gotta work hard to live up the the label, or so it seems.

I'm not a draftnik, but it looks like a pretty good draft to me. James is young, has time to develop. We didn't get a Manute Bol type for D-back, I guess. I like who we got anyway.
I think this has been a very good draft. Liked every pick but Jesse James.

7upnext
05-02-2015, 07:10 PM

was looking into him more and it seems like he was great early on with a better QB and just was underutilized after. Can't argue with his physical skills. He's a willing blocker too. Hopefully he makes fans of us all

hawaiiansteel
05-02-2015, 08:08 PM

he's only 20 years old, I'm hoping he matures physically and develops while learning from Heath and Spaeth...

Oviedo
05-03-2015, 09:03 AM

James is only 20 has very good physical measureables and it was only a 5th Round pick. He will only get better, it was a no lose pick for us. You can argue he should have stayed in school for another year, but he had 38 catches as part of a poor Penn State offense last year. He was one of the few bright spots.

Kid was projected in many mocks by many sports new services and analysts (not talking message boards) as a potential 3rd Round pick and we got him in the 5th. How is that bad?