PDA

View Full Version : Deja Vu

7 UP
05-01-2015, 11:55 PM
2014 Draft. Steelers draft a LB, while a superior player at the same position is drafted by a conference rival only one pick later.

2015 Draft. See Above.

It may be time for Colbert to join Cowher on CBS. Just sayin.

hawaiiansteel
05-02-2015, 12:13 AM
should have drafted Eddie Lacy instead of Le'Veon Bell...

7 UP
05-02-2015, 12:15 AM

Perhaps. Last time I checked Eddie Lacy is eligible for weeks 1-3 2015.

Snatch98
05-02-2015, 12:32 AM
2014 Draft. Steelers draft a LB, while a superior player at the same position is drafted by a conference rival only one pick later.

2015 Draft. See Above.

It may be time for Colbert to join Cowher on CBS. Just sayin.

Threads like these aren't necessary and for me they arent appreciated. We all love this team, the guys drafting are being PAID to draft. The analysts couldn't say enough positive things about our first two picks. I wasn't near the TV for the Coates selection. We aren't always going to agree but I see zero reason to beat down these kids before they even see the field. Its old. Its tired and its fvcking short sighted.

spyboots
05-02-2015, 12:39 AM
@Snatch98

:Clap

7upnext
05-02-2015, 12:59 AM
Colbert is atop the list of best G.Ms in the NFL. If he was let go there would be a bidding war for his services.

Shoe
05-02-2015, 01:24 AM

This sort of thing can EASILY be a blessing in disguise. A RB playing 16 games can easily be worn down by the time the playoffs roll around.

As for Shazier/Mosley... ridiculous to deem a winner at this point.

hawaiiansteel
05-02-2015, 01:31 AM

should have drafted Chris Borland.

oh wait...

7 UP
05-02-2015, 04:25 AM

Its obvious who the winner is UP to this point.

7 UP
05-02-2015, 04:42 AM
Threads like these aren't necessary and for me they arent appreciated. We all love this team, the guys drafting are being PAID to draft. The analysts couldn't say enough positive things about our first two picks. I wasn't near the TV for the Coates selection. We aren't always going to agree but I see zero reason to beat down these kids before they even see the field. Its old. Its tired and its fvcking short sighted.

I dont like this draft. Im glad you do. I love it when people fawn all over whoever the Steelers pick, and then get mad because not every one wants to sip the kool aid.

Bud Dupree may be one of the stiffest players Ive ever seen. He has no"wiggle". Hes a straight up and down rusher. Hard to describe it exactly, but his on field play looks akward to me. He can be a good player. Hes going to be a project. He will not help us this year. Shane Ray will help the Broncos THIS year. To me thats huge.

Golson isnt just small. Hes very small. He was a nice player at Miss. I havent seen a draft site yet that had him as a second round pick. Some sites had him as low as 4.

Sammie Coats is actually a great pick, but for another team. I really like Coats as a player but we did not need a WR here at all. I guess Colbert is eager to have competition for DHB at that #4 wideout spot.

We did very little to help our team this season so far in this draft.

Shawn
05-02-2015, 05:40 AM
Its obvious who the winner is UP to this point. Well except for those who don't want to see it. Anyways, while I disagree with your conclusions...I think we have one of the best FOs in the game. I do agree this feels like deja vu. We select a project OLB with serious athleticism the first, and a WR who looks like Bryant's twin on the field.

Shawn
05-02-2015, 05:42 AM
I dont like this draft. Im glad you do. I love it when people fawn all over whoever the Steelers pick, and then get mad because not every one wants to sip the kool aid.

Bud Dupree may be one of the stiffest players Ive ever seen. He has no"wiggle". Hes a straight up and down rusher. Hard to describe it exactly, but his on field play looks akward to me. He can be a good player. Hes going to be a project. He will not help us this year. Shane Ray will help the Broncos THIS year. To me thats huge.

Golson isnt just small. Hes very small. He was a nice player at Miss. I havent seen a draft site yet that had him as a second round pick. Some sites had him as low as 4.

Sammie Coats is actually a great pick, but for another team. I really like Coats as a player but we did not need a WR here at all. I guess Colbert is eager to have competition for DHB at that #4 wideout spot.

We did very little to help our team this season so far in this draft. The Steelers didn't make it a secret that they want some real comp at 2-4 WR...I believe we could really upgrade over Wheaton.

Slapstick
05-02-2015, 07:35 AM
I love it when people reflexively cry over the Steelers draft without knowing any better, so I guess we're both happy today!!!

Shawn
05-02-2015, 07:38 AM
I love it when people reflexively cry over the Steelers draft without knowing any better, so I guess we're both happy today!!! Some of us receive the same amusement over those who reflexively give fallatio to each and every Steeler draft pick.

AzStillers1989
05-02-2015, 07:44 AM
I like cheese.

BradshawsHairdresser
05-02-2015, 08:36 AM
Some of us receive the same amusement over those who reflexively give fallatio to each and every Steeler draft pick.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Slapstick
05-02-2015, 08:38 AM
Some of us receive the same amusement over those who reflexively give fallatio to each and every Steeler draft pick.

I would laugh at those people, too!

D Rock
05-02-2015, 09:33 AM
If it is deja vu, perhaps that is because they have a plan and are trying to build something bigger than just a one or two year flash-in-the-pan type season???

This team just went through the end of an era. It's time to start something new. I'm just hoping that includes a whole lot of athletic freaks and that they find a way to put them together and make something of it for the next decade or so.

RuthlessBurgher
05-02-2015, 11:46 AM
I like cheese.

Of course you like cheese now. As soon as the Steelers selected cheese, you automatically vaulted dairy to the top of the food pyramid. And of course, as soon as the pick came in, squidkid says he's now lactose intolerant. What about the team that traded ahead of us and chose lobster instead? Lobster doesn't get moldy like cheese does. All least we didn't reach for one of the legumes. :)

7 UP
05-02-2015, 12:22 PM
Of course you like cheese now. As soon as the Steelers selected cheese, you automatically vaulted dairy to the top of the food pyramid. And of course, as soon as the pick came in, squidkid says he's now lactose intolerant. What about the team that traded ahead of us and chose lobster instead? Lobster doesn't get moldy like cheese does. All least we didn't reach for one of the legumes. :)

Can we please draft beer??:Beer

SS Laser
05-02-2015, 12:30 PM

We did very little to help our team this season so far in this draft. Yea BAD draft because the Steelers always draft for that season and not the future. LOL :) DO you even watch the Steelers?

feltdizz
05-02-2015, 12:32 PM
Deja Vu? Is it because the same people keep whining about the draft every year?

Its more like Groundhog Day.

RuthlessBurgher
05-02-2015, 01:25 PM
Can we please draft beer??:Beer

No draft beer here. Only bottles. ;)

phillyesq
05-02-2015, 02:29 PM

Kiper had Golson at 47. McShay had him at 68.

As for Coates, Wheaton is in the last year of his contract and doesn't scare anybody. Adding another deep threat gives this offense another dynamic weapon. Good teams continue building on their strengths. Coates gives the Steelers depth this year and hopefully an upgrade over Wheaton as well.

The Ravens failed to add to their beatup secondary. This offense is now better prepared to exploit that.

AzStillers1989
05-02-2015, 02:46 PM

Hahaha nicely thought out 'fake' respond lol. Made me chuckle.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
05-02-2015, 03:13 PM
Hahaha nicely thought out 'fake' respond lol. Made me chuckle.

AZ, the sad part is that this was not a 'fake' response. Ruthless is 100% serious. :D

AzStillers1989
05-02-2015, 04:16 PM
AZ, the sad part is that this was not a 'fake' response. Ruthless is 100% serious. :D

Ohhhhh. Errrr I mean yaaa... GO CHEESE!!! haha