PDA

View Full Version : AM I missing someone?

legend of polamalu
04-11-2015, 11:41 AM
This is who is on my draft board. I would assume it will be one of these guys who will become our first round pick in this years draft...

1. T. Waynes CB MSU

2. O. ODIGNIZUWA OLB UCLA

3. ELI HAROLD OLB VA

4. MARCUS PETERS WASHINGTON

5. A. DUPREE OLB KENTUCKY

6.J. COLLINS CB LSU

7. K. JOHNSON CB WF

8. L COLLINS S AL

9. D. HUNTER OLB LSU

I THINK ONE OF THESE GUYS ABOVE WILL BE A PITTSBURGH STEELER BY THE END OF DAY 1.
WHO AM I MISSING???

This is our board according to I think should be there at #22. That is about my ranking right now in order. (will change before draft). I don't feel Waynes will be there unless we trade up and I took Beasley off because I also don't think he will be there.

phillyesq
04-11-2015, 11:44 AM
I wouldn't entirely rule out WR. Not saying that is how I would go, or how I want the Steelers to go, but they had dinner with DaVante Parker and just had Breshard Perriman in for a visit.

K Train
04-11-2015, 12:26 PM
This is who is on my draft board. I would assume it will be one of these guys who will become our first round pick in this years draft...

1. T. Waynes CB MSU

2. O. ODIGNIZUWA OLB UCLA

3. ELI HAROLD OLB VA

4. MARCUS PETERS WASHINGTON

5. A. DUPREE OLB KENTUCKY

6.J. COLLINS CB LSU

7. K. JOHNSON CB WF

8. L COLLINS S AL

9. D. HUNTER OLB LSU

I THINK ONE OF THESE GUYS ABOVE WILL BE A PITTSBURGH STEELER BY THE END OF DAY 1.
WHO AM I MISSING???

This is our board according to I think should be there at #22. That is about my ranking right now in order. (will change before draft). I don't feel Waynes will be there unless we trade up and I took Beasley off because I also don't think he will be there.
I'd say hunter isn't really an option

I'd swap him for Gregory, IMO there's as much of a chance he's there as peters. Maxx Williams and devante Parker are the offensive players I'd add.

If I were to bet money right now on who the pick is going to be I'd go with Harold

SidSmythe
04-12-2015, 07:40 PM
I'd say hunter isn't really an option

I'd swap him for Gregory, IMO there's as much of a chance he's there as peters. Maxx Williams and devante Parker are the offensive players I'd add.

If I were to bet money right now on who the pick is going to be I'd go with Harold

Max Williams is my guy.
This yr reminds me of yrs past where our need for OLineman was the elephant in the room but when it came time to pick no one was worthy of taking and we ended up taking another position.

This yrs elephants are OLB and CB but Max Williams can fill a HUGE hole coming down the pike and that's TE. I don't like to think about BEN without a TE next yr.

Shoe
04-12-2015, 08:58 PM
Max Williams is my guy.
This yr reminds me of yrs past where our need for OLineman was the elephant in the room but when it came time to pick no one was worthy of taking and we ended up taking another position.

This yrs elephants are OLB and CB but Max Williams can fill a HUGE hole coming down the pike and that's TE. I don't like to think about BEN without a TE next yr.

The thing with a guy like Max Williams is value. Unless you think he is the next (fill in great TE name), you aren't going to necessarily get that value. He will probably be overdrafted by a team looking for a TE... as opposed to sliding (e.g. a Decastro pick) where we get value at the spot.

Example: I think a guy like Ekpre Olamu or Kikaha from UW, will be value picks due to medical concerns. You kind of want guys who would expect to go higher, if not for some issue that you checked out and find a non-issue. I don't know that is the case with Williams, though I could be wrong.

legend of polamalu
04-12-2015, 09:23 PM
No way M. Williams is the pick. We ride our veterans until the last bit of gas is left...then we replace them (Heath).

Why not D. Hunter? I know Tomlin met with him, so there is interest. I don't know much about him.

hawaiiansteel
04-12-2015, 09:34 PM
Why not D. Hunter? I know Tomlin met with him, so there is interest. I don't know much about him.

maybe in Round 2, but not in Round 1...

Chadman
04-12-2015, 10:36 PM
Is it just me? Or is the 'love' for Hunter kind of surprising? I don't see what he does to deserve even a 2nd round grade ahead of DE/OLB types like Maudlin or Golden, who seem far more involved, effective & impressive.

Hunter looks like a combine hero to me- athletic, sure, but that's about it.

RuthlessBurgher
04-13-2015, 09:03 AM
Is it just me? Or is the 'love' for Hunter kind of surprising? I don't see what he does to deserve even a 2nd round grade ahead of DE/OLB types like Maudlin or Golden, who seem far more involved, effective & impressive.

Hunter looks like a combine hero to me- athletic, sure, but that's about it.

And there is just something about drafting a dude named Danielle. Maybe it toughened him up though, like the boy named Sue. ;)

K Train
04-13-2015, 09:09 AM
Hunter is a second or third round talent. They would take Jalen Collins before they took hunter (met with both of them at the same time)

legend of polamalu
04-13-2015, 04:20 PM
Hunter is a second or third round talent. They would take Jalen Collins before they took hunter (met with both of them at the same time)

With research and your help I have made some changes:

1. T. Waynes CB
2. O. ODIGNIZUWA OLB
3. B. DUPREE OLB
4. KEVIN JOHNSON CB

5. E. HAROLD OLB
6. M. PETERS CB
7. J. COLLINS CB
8. L. COLLINS SS
9. B. JONES CB
10. DT POSITION: GOLDMAN, PHILLIPS OR M. BROWN
11. E. ROWE CB

Took D. HUNTER OUT AND ADDED B. JONES (Stock going up) and DT position along with E. ROWE. (More of a second round pick possibly?)

One of these guys will be a Pittsburgh Steelers after day 1.
Anyone missing?
E. Harold...anyone have much info on him or seen him play?

squidkid
04-13-2015, 04:24 PM
i think dupree will be off the board.

i also dont see jalen collins being the pick.
the steelers dont usually draft 1st round guys that haven't produced a bunch at the college level.

K Train
04-13-2015, 04:27 PM
With research and your help I have made some changes:

1. W. Waynes CB
2. O. ODIGNIZUWA OLB
3. B. DUPREE OLB
4. KEVIN JOHNSON CB

5. E. HAROLD OLB
6. M. PETERS CB
7. J. COLLINS CB
8. L. JONES SS
9. B. JONES CB
10. DT POSITION: GOLDMAN, PHILLIPS OR M. BROWN
11. E. ROWE CB

One of these guys will be a Pittsburgh Steelers after day 1.
Anyone missing?
E. Harold...anyone have much info on him or seen him play?

Eli Harold is a guy that has great explosion, nice bend, and nice hands but he really can get locked up by blockers. He is pretty much the perfect weakside OLB for a 3-4, but its so hard to tell whether were getting a 5 sack per year guy or a 15 sack per year guy.

8 you mean Landon Collins, I've stated my displeasure on that one just because of the position he plays. I must admit Byron Jones, Eric Rowe, Phillip, or Goldman would be TOUGH for me to stomach at 22. I would love any of them in the second round though.

I also wouldnt eliminate the potential of 1) Ray or Gregory falling (id be excited for Gregory, but do backflips for Ray) or 2) The option of an offensive player. I Believe it will be a defensive player, but I dont think you can write off some of the offensive guys (Parker and Williams the two i would include)

Im mentally preparing for the pick to be Harold, just hope they arent passing on Peters or Gregory in favor of him. Havent heard anything linking the steelers to Odighizuwa and with his stock up in the air as to whether hes a 1st or 2nd rounder that kind of surprises me.

legend of polamalu
04-13-2015, 04:51 PM
Eli Harold is a guy that has great explosion, nice bend, and nice hands but he really can get locked up by blockers. He is pretty much the perfect weakside OLB for a 3-4, but its so hard to tell whether were getting a 5 sack per year guy or a 15 sack per year guy.

8 you mean Landon Collins, I've stated my displeasure on that one just because of the position he plays. I must admit Byron Jones, Eric Rowe, Phillip, or Goldman would be TOUGH for me to stomach at 22. I would love any of them in the second round though.

I also wouldnt eliminate the potential of 1) Ray or Gregory falling (id be excited for Gregory, but do backflips for Ray) or 2) The option of an offensive player. I Believe it will be a defensive player, but I dont think you can write off some of the offensive guys (Parker and Williams the two i would include)

Im mentally preparing for the pick to be Harold, just hope they arent passing on Peters or Gregory in favor of him. Havent heard anything linking the steelers to Odighizuwa and with his stock up in the air as to whether hes a 1st or 2nd rounder that kind of surprises me.

Gregory is a guy I would stay away from...Anyone who fails a drug test while at the combine shows no self control or discipline. I think Peters angry can be managed.
As far as ROWE, JONES AND THE DT POSITION...I also don't really care in drafting them that is why I have them on the bottom of my board.
I like my top 4-5 guys for us.