PDA

View Full Version : No more skinny linebacxkers!

JIMBO
03-25-2015, 05:53 AM
Happened to pick up one of the Draft Guides at the supermarket yesterday. None of the highly rated OLB guys goes more than 245 lbs and Dupree at 270 seems to be a bit of a mystery. As they used to say, " looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane ". After watching Jarvis get rag dolled all of last year I'm beginning to wonder if we aren't better off with the dreaded " best player available " no matter what position. It seems as if we can get a serviceable lesser known quantity by trading down for an extra third rounder.

SidSmythe
03-25-2015, 08:36 AM
Maybe Skinny Jerry Oslavsky likes his LBs skinny like himself??? :D :D :D

BradshawsHairdresser
03-25-2015, 08:43 AM
So 245 is skinny? I'm gonna have to show this to the wife next time she complains about me putting on a little weight!

K Train
03-25-2015, 09:22 AM
Happened to pick up one of the Draft Guides at the supermarket yesterday. None of the highly rated OLB guys goes more than 245 lbs and Dupree at 270 seems to be a bit of a mystery. As they used to say, " looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane ". After watching Jarvis get rag dolled all of last year I'm beginning to wonder if we aren't better off with the dreaded " best player available " no matter what position. It seems as if we can get a serviceable lesser known quantity by trading down for an extra third rounder.

Did you even watch Jones? Rag dolled is a little extreme. He wasnt rag dolled at all to start the year and to finish the year he played almost entirely in the nickel defense, he just wasnt very effective

Slapstick
03-25-2015, 10:11 AM
Did you even watch Jones? Rag dolled is a little extreme. He wasnt rag dolled at all to start the year and to finish the year he played almost entirely in the nickel defense, he just wasnt very effective

Having one good hand for the last four games will do that...

K Train
03-25-2015, 10:16 AM
Having one good hand for the last four games will do that...

Agreed, so while he was a good run defender to start the season they avoided putting him in those situations because he could keep from getting locked up which would be difficult with an ailing dislocated wrist.