Steelhere10
03-24-2015, 04:56 PM
As Dickey.... Well well well I guess it's not a problem now. Lol

7 UP
03-24-2015, 05:24 PM
Did he really?

SidSmythe
03-24-2015, 05:26 PM
Big difference from Harrison saying it and You saying it.
But I'm not shocked you wouldn't understand that

Steelhere10
03-24-2015, 05:35 PM
Did he really?yep on the Depot website. He also said Tennessee matched offer and that he was torn on the decision.

pfelix73
03-24-2015, 07:55 PM
Maybe briefly. His family is in Pittsburgh.... speaks volumes.

SteelCrazy
03-24-2015, 09:28 PM
“To lie and say that I am not (disappointed) wouldn't be true because I wanted to be with (LeBeau) again, to be honest with you. I am not going to sugarcoat it,” Harrison said, via Mark Kaboly of the Tribune-Review. “It was real hard. You know how it is with Dicky. You don't want to let him down. You want to be loyal to him to a fault.”

feltdizz
03-24-2015, 09:33 PM
"You don't want to let him down. You want to be loyal to him to a fault.”

tell us about it...lol.

RuthlessBurgher
03-25-2015, 10:06 AM
As Dickey.... Well well well I guess it's not a problem now. Lol

Here's a parallel (somewhat)...Robert DeNiro's friends call him Bobby. But if you meet him, I would suggest going the Robert route (actually, Mr. DeNiro is probably a better option, just like Coach LeBeau is much more respectful than Dickey if you aren't a friend of his, as James Harrison is at this point).

Slapstick
03-25-2015, 10:08 AM
Here's a parallel (somewhat)...Robert DeNiro's friends call him Bobby. But if you meet him, I would suggest going the Robert route (actually, Mr. DeNiro is probably a better option, just like Coach LeBeau is much more respectful than Dickey if you aren't a friend of his, as James Harrison is at this point).

Good advice to follow if you aren't a jagoff.

Oviedo
03-25-2015, 10:44 AM
You want to be loyal to him to a fault.

The organization was "loyal to a fault" for two years too long as the defense clearly continued to slide into mediocrity.

phillyesq
03-25-2015, 02:22 PM
The organization was "loyal to a fault" for two years too long as the defense clearly continued to slide into mediocrity.

Given the lack of talent on the defense the last 2 years, mediocrity is actually a significant accomplishment. Look at the defense last year and compare it to the defense from 2005. Or 2009. Who, aside from Heyward, would have started on those defenses? And before you say Timmons, he would start, but we would be next to Farrior (and over Foote), not in front of Farrior.

Regardless of scheme, you need talent.

feltdizz
03-25-2015, 02:32 PM

I think JH said that for a reason. It's true.. we were loyal to a fault with DL for obvious reasons.

feltdizz
03-25-2015, 02:34 PM
Given the lack of talent on the defense the last 2 years, mediocrity is actually a significant accomplishment. Look at the defense last year and compare it to the defense from 2005. Or 2009. Who, aside from Heyward, would have started on those defenses? And before you say Timmons, he would start, but we would be next to Farrior (and over Foote), not in front of Farrior.

I don't think anyone expected or demanded our D be as good as 2005 or 2009. However, our D was disgustingly bad and most DC's would be fired regardless of the talent on the team.

Oviedo
03-25-2015, 02:45 PM

If you absolve the coaches from "developing" their players and just wait for the talent to walk in then you are right. My primary criticism with Lebeau was that he couldn't seem to develop the players to perform in his system and he refused to change the system.

phillyesq
03-25-2015, 03:47 PM
If you absolve the coaches from "developing" their players and just wait for the talent to walk in then you are right. My primary criticism with Lebeau was that he couldn't seem to develop the players to perform in his system and he refused to change the system.

I'd love to see the list of players that didn't develop in Pittsburgh that did develop elsewhere.

ikestops85
03-25-2015, 05:32 PM

I can't fathom how you think anything you just said is true. He can't develop players. :wft He didn't develop Ike, Ryan Clark, Troy, Harrison, Farrior, Timmons, Woodley, Keisel, Hampton, Heyward? How can you think that?

Then to say he refused to change is constantly refuted by the players who played for him. They said he was always coming up with something new. Either a new gimmick or a subtle change. As a fan you only had to watch Troy to see that.

I would really like to get ahold of the mind altering stuff you are using. It must be amazing living in your fairy land.

Discipline of Steel
03-25-2015, 06:09 PM

Still taking potshots at a Hall of Fame Steeler, beloved by his players, and one of the greatest defensive coordinators of all time...To what purpose?
Who cares about your primary criticisms of Coach LeBeau. You arent even in the same universe with him as far as football knowledge and how to run a defense. You have no idea what goes on behind closed doors and have never met the man so all and i repeat ALL of your comments ring hollow.
Again, I suggest that you read your own sig because it applies directly to yourself.